PDA

View Full Version : Item transmutation & 10* trading

TehblackUchiha
Feb 27, 2013, 11:18 AM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-weapon-camouflage/

10* trading is all we've ever wanted and I wanted to reskin one of my swords to look like tradicion. What do you guys think about this. Do you think they find some way to fxck it up?

Crysteon
Feb 27, 2013, 11:19 AM
Best way to fuck it up: Charging you AC in order to buy a ticket that does the item transmutation with Dodo.

Emizel
Feb 27, 2013, 11:20 AM
GOOD!!!

Two major things that needed to be added. Especially rare trading in some form which is a staple of PSO.

Going to go buy one of those scythes right now for weapon skinning... (Edit: Never mind, after reading it, it sounds like a specific camouflage item for a few select skins, like the MAG skins? That doesn't sound too good, but I'll wait for more info.)

Alenoir
Feb 27, 2013, 11:24 AM
Yay they're finally putting this system in. \o/

TehblackUchiha
Feb 27, 2013, 11:28 AM
(Edit: Never mind, after reading it, it sounds like a specific camouflage item for a few select skins, like the MAG skins? That doesn't sound too good, but I'll wait for more info.)

Hopefully they let you use any item or else i probably wouldn't look forward to it so much.

Best way to fuck it up: Charging you AC in order to buy a ticket that does the item transmutation with Dodo.

Lol OVER 9000!!! AC spent and no success

Enforcer MKV
Feb 27, 2013, 11:28 AM
Hopefully it's for more than just rares - definitely need more intel on this, though.

Hopefully it's not limited to AC purchases..

Z-0
Feb 27, 2013, 11:32 AM
It will definitely come from AC, let's not be silly.

Although you'll be able to buy the item required for it in Player Shops.

DoubleCannon
Feb 27, 2013, 11:32 AM
Soooo your saying I could turn my future partisan of lightning into a demo comet but with the PoL stats? that would be awesome!

Enforcer MKV
Feb 27, 2013, 11:34 AM
That's what I meant by "limited" to AC purchases. I'm totally fine with them being buyable in player shops.

(The prices they'll probably run for, however...)

Soultrigger
Feb 27, 2013, 11:40 AM
It will definitely come from AC, let's not be silly.

Although you'll be able to buy the item required for it in Player Shops.

Actually, I would very much prefer this option [i.e. unbind comes from AC scratch]. At the moment, PSO2's market is dreadfully boring because people are forced to upgrade their own stuff. If trading 10*s is limited to premium (post-unbind of course, else this would be incredibly abusable), I am going to be very disappointed.

But hey, it's SEGA.

Coatl
Feb 27, 2013, 11:46 AM
Yesssssss.
Yes yes yes.

AC or not, this needs to be in PSO2.

Crimson Exile
Feb 27, 2013, 11:49 AM
Do they mean just trading or selling as well. With sega you never know.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 27, 2013, 11:52 AM
Do they mean just trading or selling as well. With sega you never know.

I'm going to assume they mean just trading. Hey, Sega could choose to be benevolent and throw selling in there if enough noise is made. I just don't expect it.

Crimson Exile
Feb 27, 2013, 11:56 AM
I'm going to assume they mean just trading. Hey, Sega could choose to be benevolent and throw selling in there if enough noise is made. I just don't expect it.
Lol thanks. It sucks then trading is meh. I would have to basically post stuff about 10* in shop info and learn more japanese if i cant find what i want on here.

Anduril
Feb 27, 2013, 12:01 PM
YES!!!!! Weapon reskinning is the one thing I have wanted since I started playing.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 27, 2013, 12:02 PM
Lol thanks. It sucks then trading is meh. I would have to basically post stuff about 10* in shop info and learn more japanese if i cant find what i want on here.

Yeah, the key is this wording here: "...but only players who meet certain conditions will be able to trade 10 star items with other fellow players." (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-weapon-camouflage/)

The way I interpret the last bit is "other players who have met the conditions," though I could be wrong. Plus, it says "trade" right in the sentence, though it's totally possible that's just the way it was translated. We definitely need to hear more about this system, but the fact that they're even implementing it makes me somewhat happy: I wasn't sure they would.

Railkune
Feb 27, 2013, 12:03 PM
That will be greatly welcomed. Right in time for reaching the point of being able to use 10*'s as well.

Macman
Feb 27, 2013, 12:07 PM
10* Trading only available to Premium Gold players. Premium Gold can be bought for roughly 1.75x the cost of premium. :V

raiden55
Feb 27, 2013, 12:25 PM
if it's trade and not sell, you'll need premium or at least a 3 days my shop ticket, so well...

Coatl
Feb 27, 2013, 12:31 PM
10* Trading only available to Premium Gold players. Premium Gold can be bought for roughly 1.75x the cost of premium. :V

Stop giving them ideas. :I

Anduril
Feb 27, 2013, 12:36 PM
Mulling over it, if they do create a general reskin option, as oppsed to only special camo. tickets, what are the odds they only let us use weapons that are in our Weapons Library (ie. nothing that we've bought from player shops, only what we've found)?

Kierto
Feb 27, 2013, 12:47 PM
Seeing as it mentions the Nacht series of weapons and their weakness I have a feeling reskinning might be something like you need a copy of the 'original' weapon similar to attribute grinding, alongside the obvious AC Weapon Skin Tickets for 'unavailable' models (Guitar Case).. Gotta inflate the value of those RL cash weapons.

So perhaps to make the Mehrennenka look like the Gwanadouble you need both and no doubt some item to complete the transmutation process at Dudu (oh hey.. could use SYNTHESIZERS amirite). Gotta keep the players hunting..

I dunno how I feel about it really. It seems kinda lulsy when we all bitch that weapon upgrades in general are just reskins with numbers boosted anyway. At least Extend Codes from PSPo2 let you add/upgrade abilities at the same time.

Will wait for more info before rejoicing about 10* trading..

Emizel
Feb 27, 2013, 12:53 PM
Mulling over it, if they do create a general reskin option, as oppsed to only special camo. tickets, what are the odds they only let us use weapons that are in our Weapons Library (ie. nothing that we've bought, only what we've found)?

zero ^^; lol

Crysteon
Feb 27, 2013, 12:58 PM
inb4 derp players who will make uber weapons look like 1*s because they want to leave themselves in a low profile.

Zorafim
Feb 27, 2013, 01:01 PM
They're adding transmogification? I don't know why I'm surprised about this. I wonder if this effects armor as well as weapons. Well regardless, I have a few weapon models right now that I don't like, so this is good news for me. Plus, I love 3* weapon skins. I'm going to enjoy this as much as I did in every other game that had it.

Anduril
Feb 27, 2013, 01:02 PM
inb4 derp players who will make uber weapons look like 1*s because they want to leave themselves in a low profile.
Honestly, I am considering reskinning my TMGs as 1* Twin Assaults becuse they look less obtrusive, especially compared to something like Lambda Aresvis.

Redboigoi
Feb 27, 2013, 01:04 PM
GOOD!!!

Two major things that needed to be added. Especially rare trading in some form which is a staple of PSO.

Going to go buy one of those scythes right now for weapon skinning... (Edit: Never mind, after reading it, it sounds like a specific camouflage item for a few select skins, like the MAG skins? That doesn't sound too good, but I'll wait for more info.)

It's not like you leave the lobby anyways.

Emizel
Feb 27, 2013, 01:06 PM
yeah I do. I'm 46/30 after a few weeks and I did a lot of AQs yesterday. I usually just afk in lobbies and drop a few random comments.

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 27, 2013, 01:32 PM
yeah I do. I'm 46/30 after a few weeks and I did a lot of AQs yesterday. I usually just afk in lobbies and drop a few random comments.
stop talking dude you're making us actual players laugh

but anyways back on topic I'm pretty glad they're adding a system like this I just don't know what weapons I'd change the look of lol.

Zyrusticae
Feb 27, 2013, 01:38 PM
What if I just like the skins?

Honestly, for a lot of weapons the 1* skins are actually the best ones (stylish without being all in-your-face with all the extra bits and the huge size).

Darki
Feb 27, 2013, 01:40 PM
I dunno how I feel about it really. It seems kinda lulsy when we all bitch that weapon upgrades in general are just reskins with numbers boosted anyway.

The thing I see here is that now we can control what reskin are we getting and whit what stats to a certain extent, which is good.

I love having a theme in my weapons, that's why for example I prefer using Milky Twinkles and Gloomy Colettes. With this update, if I ever get stuff like an Elder Rod or a Psycho Wand that look like crap, I won't have to choose between looks and power.

Titan
Feb 27, 2013, 01:40 PM
This is great for snazzy looking weapons with low stats such as Tradicion / Nacht, Nishiki, or Fire Arms.
I just hope its not limited to only certain weapons though. :[

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 01:42 PM
This is great for snazzy looking weapons with low stats such as Tradicion / Nacht, Nishiki, or Fire Arms.
I just hope its not limited to only certain weapons though. :[

I don't think it will be, unless its rare weapons. Still, if I'm allowed to use it than I'm definitely making my Elder Rod look like the 4 star rod, the Striker.

UnLucky
Feb 27, 2013, 01:57 PM
I want to use my broom, microphone, or VIC VIPER 3* rod not some purple palm leaf or a back scratcher.

And this better work for units too. I want wings, a tail, and flaming fists without breaking my set bonus among other things.

Watch it all be for premium players plus an AC Shop item (not scratch so it can't be in player shops) and only be a 25% chance to apply at Dudu.

Zyrusticae
Feb 27, 2013, 02:00 PM
Watch it all be for premium players plus an AC Shop item (not scratch so it can't be in player shops) and only be a 25% chance to apply at Dudu.
Oorrrrr it'll just be a recycle shop item like color change tickets (and watch AC scratch items on shops rise dramatically as a result).

Drifting Fable
Feb 27, 2013, 02:02 PM
You know, I just realized all the possibilities with reskining all-class weapons, I could reskin a Lamba Artisan with a Tarunada and still have the biggest sword in the game as a Fighter! ^^

Genius. Just Genius.

Zyrusticae
Feb 27, 2013, 02:03 PM
^ Yup, that's one of the best things about it.

All-class weapons are now merely a restriction on stats, not looks.

MetalDude
Feb 27, 2013, 02:09 PM
Good, sick of everyone and their mother having a Lambda Aristin. The least we can do is see some visual differences from player to player.

Bellion
Feb 27, 2013, 02:10 PM
Yep, Lambda Aristin->Madam's Umbrella. *o*

supersonix9
Feb 27, 2013, 02:14 PM
Good work SEGA.

EvilMag
Feb 27, 2013, 02:16 PM
Non-premium players have to do a CO that involves sleeping with Koffie to trade 10*s

[spoiler-box]Premium players don't have to do that[/spoiler-box]

Drifting Fable
Feb 27, 2013, 02:25 PM
Sleeping with Koffie or sleeping with Burn Draal.....

Decisions, decisions.....

The Walrus
Feb 27, 2013, 02:29 PM
I'd sleep with Burn Draal if he'd give me that sweet sword of his

TehblackUchiha
Feb 27, 2013, 02:32 PM
Non-premium players have to do a CO that involves sleeping with Koffie to trade 10*s

I don't see nothing wroooooooooooooong with a little bump and grind ♪

Ce'Nedra
Feb 27, 2013, 02:36 PM

Seeing 25% has more chance of success then 80% mostly with DuDu I gladly take it >:

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 02:47 PM
So this is pretty great. I really didn't think they'd ever let us trade 10*'s, ever. Hopefully it'll be as simple as needing premium, and then they'll add a new cheapo 10* Trader AC item for people without premium but with my shop, for like 200 AC or somesuch. But still with no extra things for premium users.

Item reskinning is another nice thing. Just fucking yesterday I started swinging around a 3* sword because of how badass it looks. I think it was a vitabreaker, the giant bulky one that's like 90% bulky metal. Damn that thing is fine.

But yeah...that 10* trading. Please just make it need premium. Good lord please. No single-use items for each item, no AC items for individual 10*'s, just a license for unlimited trading for premium users.

Let me just cancel my premium... :wacko:
(the premium I already don't have)

edit: Also watch the requirements be that it needs to be +10 and then the trade resets the grind :wacko:

edit2: or require a duplicate that you sacrifice

or require excubes

or- (I should stop, in case sega DOES read this forum)

NoiseHERO
Feb 27, 2013, 03:26 PM
Weapon skin item will probably be in AC scratch like the "+20% affix rate" item.

We probably won't see either of these for a month or two... Like many other major system changes they brought up, and then made us wait a long time for.(Remember that grinder nerf they made us wait three months for after "MENTIONING IT" to get us hyped?) And just like some of those it might have a HUGE catch.

Something like "ONLY 10* tradeable" and ULTIMATE mode coming out and making them common and outdated to begin with. And some of the things Giga listed.

So yeah don't worry I've been waiting on this a long time too... I just knew it'd take so long to the point where it wouldn't matter anymore so gonna choose the cynical route.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 03:32 PM
Oh, yeah. We always knew if they ever made 10*'s tradable it'd be exactly when 10*'s are the new ordinary rares, and 11*'s are the new 10*'s.

I've been saying that since 10*'s were released.

I've also been saying the benefit of rares will shift from damage to useful latents. Watch that be exactly what happens - 11*'s will get the best latents and better damage than 10*'s.

Alnet
Feb 27, 2013, 03:49 PM

First time I've heard of a CO from her that I'd want to complete multiple times~

Coatl
Feb 27, 2013, 03:50 PM
What I really want is for *10s to come with lv1 latents already on them when they're dropped.
I think Sega will eventually implement that, actually. They'll just need to take it one step at a time.

sandylecuistot
Feb 27, 2013, 03:56 PM
Weapon skin item will probably be in AC scratch like the "+20% affix rate" item.

We probably won't see either of these for a month or two... Like many other major system changes they brought up, and then made us wait a long time for.(Remember that grinder nerf they made us wait three months for after "MENTIONING IT" to get us hyped?) And just like some of those it might have a HUGE catch.

Something like "ONLY 10* tradeable" and ULTIMATE mode coming out and making them common and outdated to begin with. And some of the things Giga listed.

So yeah don't worry I've been waiting on this a long time too... I just knew it'd take so long to the point where it wouldn't matter anymore so gonna choose the cynical route.

And that is how you make someone want to play the game :D !
So much love in these lines !
But it does not work with me. I really want to play (and have to wait for some hours for Vita release, yeaah...)

Why being so cynical when everyone was complaining some days/weeks ago, that you could not do these things.
Now that you can, it seems even worse than when there was nothing...
Guess you have some weird way to enjoy a game :-? .

Keyblade59
Feb 27, 2013, 03:58 PM
I had to sleep with Aki to get her voice, she is a demon in the bedroom.

Anyway the weapon skins seems ok, as long as there is random unique ones and the current weapons being able to turn into skins. I'll be pissed though if they make some of the unique ones from PSO/PSU, mainly because I want to see them as actual weapons.

As for 10* trading it'll happen in the future depending on how far up the item star rating system they go, whether they stop at PSO's 12*, or PSU's 15*

NoiseHERO
Feb 27, 2013, 04:20 PM
But it does not work with me. I really want to play (and have to wait for some hours for Vita release, yeaah...)

Why being so cynical when everyone was complaining some days/weeks ago, that you could not do these things.

days and weeks ago?

I gave up complaining about it like 4 months ago (random estimate.) Sorry if I'm not ecstatic because of reasons I JUST described. (TL;DR I knew we would eventually get this. but again by the time we do it wouldn't matter much.)

But I DO still have an interest in weapon skins.

And I don't mean to discourage you from playing this game because it really is extremely fun for the first few months. Just don't let that fun turn into a delusion that you're not playing any other F2P cash cow game by the time you reach endgame content. And then act like people with legitimate complaints are whiners. : D

I'd go into further detail on my disappointment but I'm sure it'll just give SEGA jockriders some argument ammo. And it'll just make me sound even more bitter and cynical which will activate someone else's self-righteous attack mode.

Resanoca
Feb 27, 2013, 04:22 PM
HEY ROCK. I'll trade you my Psycho Wand(actually red wand) for your Gwana doubles! :3

supersonix9
Feb 27, 2013, 04:28 PM
i already found psycho double

NoiseHERO
Feb 27, 2013, 04:29 PM
HEY ROCK. I'll trade you my Psycho Wand(actually red wand) for your Gwana doubles! :3

ehhh I dunno...

My mom doesn't like it when I trade my videogames she got me for christmas... D:

OH 10* weapons, right.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 04:47 PM

Something you should know: Rock spent easily hundreds of hours searching for a certain 10* weapon, which is entirely untradable, and saw it drop for his friend.

His friend did not want it and was only helping Rock look for this weapon.

This happened in the first few days of hunting, I believe. Almost nobody hunts in this area, which means he can't simply MPA for it. No, he has to basically solo or bring friends to help.

Me, I've had the same thing. In my hunt for a belk welker, a 10* item that cannot be traded, an item so common that people find MULTIPLE copies while looking for something else dropped by the same enemy, I have watched it drop for...
The same friend that found Rock's 10* on our first fucking run within 10 minutes of saying I was looking for exactly this item
A teammate within 15 minutes of saying I was looking for this specific item
Another teammate
Another teammate
Another teammate
Gave up the hunt for a bit, by this point I'd killed literally hundreds of this boss
Resume hunt -> a teammate finds it within 20 runs
Another teammate finds it
A teammate finds a second one
Another teammate finds it and apologizes in advance because they know how many fucking times I've seen this drop for other people who are helping me look
(This isn't even counting the number of mizer claws or mizer bullets I saw drop, while eagerly wanting everything but the gunslashes, and I'm not even going into the sheer number I had to kill to finally find even my first rare from a mizer...it was an untekked gunslash when I finally found anything red from a mizer btw. I finally found a mizer claw a while ago, but only after +10ing the strictly superior elder fists.)

So many people have found belk welkers in my presence that I have forgotten who some of them are. In two days of looking earlier this week, it dropped for people once on each day. One of them? That was their second within a week while helping me look. None of these people want this item.

There's also how I had to spend over a month looking for a noise blower while numerous people had found so many that they used the spares to grind one to 50 element in less than a week.

If this bullshit isn't enough to warrant a negative response to you, then congrats you're fucking Gandhi.

supersonix9
Feb 27, 2013, 04:54 PM
i know the feels.

Railkune
Feb 27, 2013, 04:55 PM
That sounds... so bad. I hope my luck isn't anywhere near that bad honestly. That'd be way too discouraging.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 04:57 PM
Don't even get me started on my team leader, Meji, finding no 10*'s outside of falz drops, and 8/9 of those falz drops being elder rods.

He does not play force.

supersonix9
Feb 27, 2013, 04:58 PM
It was pretty funny one time when I had red code dark falz, and premium rare boost drink on. not a single red box. not even a freaking adaman

Railkune
Feb 27, 2013, 04:59 PM
Ouch. I know a couple of people who would LOVE to be in that position.

Dextro
Feb 27, 2013, 05:00 PM
I know that feel bro.

Hunted an Ikutachi back at 40cap, and it dropped for my friend that was helping me.
Hunted for Yas9000's for several months straight, no drops.
AQs arrive and friend starts hunting rockbears too for an Ikutachi to turn into a Kagutachi, and he ends up finding a pair of Yas.

I've f-king had it with rockbears.... never again! D:

supersonix9
Feb 27, 2013, 05:01 PM
I know that feel bro.

Hunted an Ikutachi back at 40cap, and it dropped for my friend that was helping me.
Hunted for Yas9000's for several months straight, no drops.
AQs arrive and friend starts hunting rockbears too for an Ikutachi to turn into a Kagutachi, and he ends up finding a pair of Yas.

I've f-king had it with rockbears.... never again! D:

and now it's vjaya!

Enforcer MKV
Feb 27, 2013, 05:01 PM
And some of us just don't find 10* :lol:

I think I've found one 10* weapon in my history? it was a Maisen. I play Hunter, Fighter, and Ranger with a Techer sub. Only 10* I've found playing, that I can remember.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 05:04 PM
The thing is, this has only been an issue because you can't correct the RNG's mistakes. One person finds dupes, another person finds none. Sakai says everything is fine because X drop per week which is fine on average.

For things you can trade, it's fine. That's just a part of the game, some strike it rich while others have to work harder. It's the nature of the game. But until 10*'s can be traded it is a glaring flaw in the system.

The only reason 10*'s aren't tradable is because Sega was playing the wish corrupter game when taking player feedback. A major player complaint was it was so hard to find rares that farming meseta to buy them was easier. Obviously the intended request was to make rares easier to find. Sega took that complaint and made it impossible to buy 10*'s, which also meant they could make them as rare as they fucking pleased and it would still technically never be easier to buy them than find them.

Do you want to know why players have a negative response to something we've been asking for? Because they only give us what we ask for if it's with a catch that completely destroys the point of us asking for it.

UnLucky
Feb 27, 2013, 05:32 PM
Hey remember when I was farming for the Schlacht Rear 10* unit and Bellion offered to help me out for a bit, since he wanted the rare boss's unique PA disc? Well I got a lv14 to drop. Impossible to trade, and I'll never use it.

If he got the unit I was farming at the same time I would have been pissed. I did eventually get the thing, though.

Like should I feel bad? Or what?

MetalDude
Feb 27, 2013, 05:34 PM
It's the lose-lose scenario that makes it so irritating. I found a demo fork twice in the spawn of a week that my team lead was hunting down since Very Hard was in the game.

BIG OLAF
Feb 27, 2013, 05:36 PM
Would be cool, but confusing.

"Oh, is that a motherfuckin' Psycho Wand?!?"

"Naw bitch, it's a Red Processor! Cool huh?!"

They would need them to look different, somehow, which wouldn't be a bad thing. They already seem fond of weapon recolors, anyway.

UnLucky
Feb 27, 2013, 05:38 PM
I'm assuming you'd need the actual weapon to use its skin, cause that'd be dumb to sell specific "Weapon Skin" items that are just standard rares.

Bellion
Feb 27, 2013, 05:40 PM
Hey remember when I was farming for the Schlacht Rear 10* unit and Bellion offered to help me out for a bit, since he wanted the rare boss's unique PA disc? Well I got a lv14 to drop. Impossible to trade, and I'll never use it.

If he got the unit I was farming at the same time I would have been pissed. I did eventually get the thing, though.

Like should I feel bad? Or what?

I got both of the rare PA discs that I wanted while helping you get that rear unit. Was a good day.

MetalDude
Feb 27, 2013, 05:41 PM
If it's anything like WoW transmog, you'll need the weapon. And that reminds me, ZANBA AND DAYLIGHT SCARS THAT AREN'T AWFUL YAY!

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 05:44 PM
Would be cool, but confusing.

"Oh, is that a motherfuckin' Psycho Wand?!?"

"Naw bitch, it's a Red Processor! Cool huh?!"

They would need them to look different, somehow, which wouldn't be a bad thing. They already seem fond of weapon recolors, anyway.

Ideally you will need the weapon you're copying.

Also ideally doing this will not delete the item you're making something look like.

This way you don't have to pick between making something look like a 10*, and having this 10* around to either excube or use later on.

Realistically, making something look like something else will delete the something else.

BIG OLAF
Feb 27, 2013, 05:46 PM
Hm, I still don't know, actually. I was thinking about it, and I, personally, like my rares and stuff to be...well, themselves. I don't see why I would take, for example, a Fusion and make it look like a Sarcueid. Then it kind of loses its identity and becomes just a kind of awkward half-item, in my opinion.

Now, maybe if it was more a weapon recolor ticket, where you could change certain colors of the weapon, that would be sweet.

Demo Comet with white handle and blue crystals dfgfgdffdsfdsfsdfgfdg

Black Howling
They finally added the weapon skin option? It took them long enough to add such a basic feature. And 10* trading and selling... Now I think back to the dozens of 10*s I've exchanged for cubes and other junk...

Oh, Sega... you never miss the chance to bring a smile to my face a pico second before kicking me in the junk...

Noc Codez
I really hope that they don't pull a fast one a say now premium can trade 10*s ! While us free course players get the shaft :(

Now weapon skins is a great idea! But if I have to buy AC and face the mighty Dudu it better be a 100% chance success rate.. Not going to pay for a low % chance at reskinning my weap

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 27, 2013, 05:47 PM
I'm ready to pull out the Fire Arms

..Don't you need premium to trade anyway?

UnLucky
Feb 27, 2013, 05:49 PM
I got both of the rare PA discs that I wanted while helping you get that rear unit. Was a good day.
Still gotta get lv15 ones, though!

gigawuts
Hm, I still don't know, actually. I was thinking about it, and I, personally, like my rares and stuff to be...well, themselves. I don't see why I would take, for example, a Fusion and make it look like a Sarcueid. Then it kind of loses its identity and becomes just a kind of awkward half-item, in my opinion.

Now, maybe if it was more a weapon recolor ticket, where you could change certain colors of the weapon, that would be sweet.

Demo Comet with white handle and blue crystals dfgfgdffdsfdsfsdfgfdg

Weapons are only their damage value, their shitty worthless latent, and their model.

Some players (cough nedra cough) throw shitfits about having nothing worth using because they refuse to use anything that isn't a rare item from normal difficulty because they hate how everything that isn't a sanded down twig looks. Now they can use something with better damage but still looks like a sanded down twig.

If weapons ever finally get some actual unique properties I wouldn't want this feature to work on them, but whatever. I don't really care.

EvilMag
I hope the avatar system also changes the sound of the weapon as well. Kinda weird having a Yas 9000 making Surukurai sounds.

MetalDude
Feb 27, 2013, 05:50 PM
I was just thinking it'd be nice to have Fire Arms and I have an Acidase to place over my Red Machineguns because it sounds badass.

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 27, 2013, 05:51 PM
I now need to hunt for a Yas :c

So I can have real legit guns with my real legit rifle

UnLucky
Feb 27, 2013, 05:55 PM
I'd like for each color to be selectable, even bullet type, and SFX and particles separate from the weapon model

Yes I want a light blue Vita rod that makes sweeping sounds with hearts flying out of it.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 06:06 PM
Actually, I would very much prefer this option [i.e. unbind comes from AC scratch]. At the moment, PSO2's market is dreadfully boring because people are forced to upgrade their own stuff. If trading 10*s is limited to premium (post-unbind of course, else this would be incredibly abusable), I am going to be very disappointed.

But hey, it's SEGA.

where are you seeing unbind?

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 06:08 PM
Unless they rework the system, 10*'s never technically bind. They just can't be exchanged. They specifically mentioned removing the bind prompt and entire bind mechanic from 10*'s because they were impossible to trade.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 06:10 PM
Right, hence the blue "no" icon rather than the yellow one

Klypto
Feb 27, 2013, 06:26 PM
Huzzah!

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 06:28 PM
Right, hence the blue "no" icon rather than the yellow one

Yeah. So it's just a flag that all 10*'s share, that mean they're blacklisted from trade and shop lists. While sounding similar it is different. Other items have this same flag without being 10*, including all of the 6* Lucky Rise units and team client order items for a few examples.

So they're not so much bound, as flagged as disallowed from exchanging.

Of course that may change with 10* trading so it's a moot point.

TaigaUC
Feb 27, 2013, 06:36 PM
What if I just like the skins?

Honestly, for a lot of weapons the 1* skins are actually the best ones (stylish without being all in-your-face with all the extra bits and the huge size).

Glad it seems a lot of people agree about that. I personally feel that many of the rare items look gaudy and ridiculous in terms of design and color. Banther heads on a handle? Yuck. In comparison, many of the earlier weapons are stylish, clean and futuristic.

On the same topic, it'd be nice to completely hide knuckles. I'd rather punch stuff with my bare fists than with long chunky extensions. It also bugs me how characters keep taking them off to idle and then putting back on, that must be terribly inconvenient. If I'd designed the knuckles, they'd be wrist/forearm contraptions that generate photon effects over the fists and simply switch off when not in use. I think that'd look so much better.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 06:38 PM
I'm thinking the 10* stuff is only going to be an enhancement to premium. the idea that they'd charge you extra money to trade 10*s on a per item bases is a bit excessive. I guess we'll have to see.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 06:39 PM
The thing is, that's exactly how it is in other games...

And Sega is trying really fucking hard to be as mainstream and un-innovative as possible, especially if it means charging a relatively costly up front price for something they could make more money in the long term by making ridiculously cheap (hi scape dolls).

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 06:45 PM
right, scapes could cost 25AC and people would be buying them like candy. instead no one buys them. regardless I can see a per item "unbind" item that works on equipment you've used...so you can sell those potential unlocked lambda radigle+10s you were holding onto, but had no use for once you got some new 10* TMGs.

But trading that demo comet to your friend cause you got 3 and they got 0 shouldn't cost you damn cent. I'm all for giving my friend a weapon he wants but hasn't been able to find. I'm all for paying for being able to trade to begin with. But give them 300AC so I can give my friend an item that HE wants? lolpass.

Agitated_AT
Feb 27, 2013, 06:51 PM
I would like to see an update that would make rares more of a nescesity rather than just collector items.

That said this is still a good thing. Looking forward to see how theyre gonna implement it

MetalDude
Feb 27, 2013, 06:53 PM
They'll make paying for trading acceptable based on the idea that it's making the system better therefore it's fine to pay.

Noc Codez
Feb 27, 2013, 06:56 PM
They'll make paying for trading acceptable based on the idea that it's making the system better therefore it's fine to pay.

Well If there going to make us pay AC to trade 10* Items they can just keep it.. Let's hope that's not the case and if they try to put it for only premium players that would really really suck..:-x

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 06:57 PM
All this re: binding said, a word of warning...

Don't go leaving 10*'s you'd want to trade equipped during downtimes. For all you know they'll surprise us and implement 10* binding, then have equipped 10*'s auto-bind.

Just something I can totally imagine Sega doing that would be completely avoidable.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 07:17 PM
Well If there going to make us pay AC to trade 10* Items they can just keep it.. Let's hope that's not the case and if they try to put it for only premium players that would really really suck..:-x

Why the hell would free users be able to trade 10*s but not 9* and below?. TRADING is a privilege for premium users. there's no way that's going to change just for 10*s

UnLucky
Feb 27, 2013, 07:30 PM
Like all of the tiny complaints they address by adding it to premium.

Client Order limit getting annoying? Premium doubles it.

Have a lot of Symbol Art and hate rotating through your history 10 at a time? Premium increases it.

I can totally see premium removing the "bind" status from 10*, but if all you have is a Shop pass, you can't list 'em.

EvilMag
Feb 27, 2013, 07:31 PM
Free players may be able to still buy them from player shops but you need to be premium to sell them.

Kierto
Feb 27, 2013, 07:35 PM
With top 10*s approaching stat values of known 11* - for example, Signo Gun Launcher is only 28 R-ATK lower base/80 R-ATK ground than Flame Visit - it can't be much longer until 11* becomes the new 'norm' anyway. Maybe with the new difficulty level. Perhaps this is just leading to another relaxing of a previous big carrot that the whole game is centered around (Koffee, EXP, Grinding, 6* to Red Weapons and so on) while at the same time introducing a new one.

'Bind on Equip' stays (not going anywhere without AC)
10*s adhere to 'Bind on Equip'
10*s can otherwise be sold/traded as was initially intended
11*s(+) retain their untradeable status

Repeat the cycle for 12*, 13*/Ultimate, UltimateS2, UltimateS3Infinity etc..

Besides, if 11* and up all adhere to the 'Primary/Secondary class can both use' thing the entire meta-game might change anyway.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 07:38 PM
Like all of the tiny complaints they address by adding it to premium.

Client Order limit getting annoying? Premium doubles it.

Have a lot of Symbol Art and hate rotating through your history 10 at a time? Premium increases it.

I can totally see premium removing the "bind" status from 10*, but if all you have is a Shop pass, you can't list 'em.

This is exactly what I was thinking

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 07:39 PM
This is exactly what I was thinking

Same, exactly.

Moreover, every time they add something to premium, they make sure you'll really want it.

Evidence: How many CO's are there in ruins, and when did premium get 40 CO's? :wacko:

Noc Codez
Feb 27, 2013, 07:48 PM
Why the hell would free users be able to trade 10*s but not 9* and below?. TRADING is a privilege for premium users. there's no way that's going to change just for 10*s

was speaking about selling.. I could care less about trading..^^

Coatl
Feb 27, 2013, 07:50 PM
If *10s are trade-able only, it should be for only other *10s.
I actually wouldn't mind this happening.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 07:50 PM
Right now the bumped article only mentions trading, not selling, but yeah I would guess that 10* selling would be restricted to premium.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 07:53 PM

I've had similar thoughts.

I don't know about many other people, but I personally adored PSO1's barter economy. It added a layer of depth that I enjoyed. You could take something and trade it up to something stronger through numerous steps.

Other people don't feel that way and I get that, but I did like that system. Currently you can do the same thing in TF2 (Although, I'm not sure what the deal is with the Steam Marketplace).

jooozek
Feb 27, 2013, 08:00 PM
why the fuck would anyone want to bind trading endgame weapons to premium set
get real
so you are telling me my shop pass wont be enough?
fuck that shit

Noc Codez
Feb 27, 2013, 08:01 PM
Right now the bumped article only mentions trading, not selling, but yeah I would guess that 10* selling would be restricted to premium.

Well that would really suck.. lol Would like to sell all the 10*s I have in storage.. most I don't use due to my class..and no I don't want to trade em in for ex cubes

Goukezitsu
Feb 27, 2013, 08:07 PM
So what do you guys think that 10* option in the shop is for? I've predicted this months and months ago. They left that option there for a reason and I've been saving my 10*s for that point (I have tons of force 10*s i didn't cube and some ranger ones). Read the actual article http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/02/130227b.html it even shows the option there. Selling in shops will probably happen too eventually if not with the same update that allows them to be traded.

Oh and boss in the new area is Gal Gryphon (or some variant) just to get my early predictions out of the way.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 08:08 PM
/char

jooozek
Feb 27, 2013, 08:09 PM
So what do you guys think that 10* option in the shop is for? I've predicted this months and months ago. They left that option there for a reason and I've been saving my 10*s for that point (I have tons of force 10*s i didn't cube and some ranger ones). Read the actual article http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/02/130227b.html it even shows the option there. Selling in shops will probably happen too.

Oh and boss in the new area is Gal Gryphon (or some variant) just to get my early predictions out of the way.

the 10* was always because they should've been tradeable
but no
manchildren who wanted to be special snowflakes crying about everyone sporting a tigredor so SEGAC instead of making every rare special in terms of unique abilities just made this retarded restriction on 10* and higher instead 8-)

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 08:11 PM
So what do you guys think that 10* option in the shop is for? I've predicted this months and months ago. They left that option there for a reason and I've been saving my 10*s for that point (I have tons of force 10*s i didn't cube and some ranger ones). Read the actual article http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/02/130227b.html it even shows the option there. Selling in shops will probably happen too eventually if not with the same update that allows them to be traded.

That dates back to early versions of the alpha, where ALL RARES were untradable.

They caved to player demands to make rares tradable, and probably picked some random number to go up to in the shops before later on deciding to draw the line for sellability at 10*'s.

So why does the store show up to 10* rarity? Because 10 is a rounder number than 9, and until many months into the game all rares were tradable.

Goukezitsu
Feb 27, 2013, 10:10 PM
That dates back to early versions of the alpha, where ALL RARES were untradable.

They caved to player demands to make rares tradable, and probably picked some random number to go up to in the shops before later on deciding to draw the line for sellability at 10*'s.

So why does the store show up to 10* rarity? Because 10 is a rounder number than 9, and until many months into the game all rares were tradable.

Im aware that all things available at the time used to be tradable. I played alpha and beta. But, its simple to remove an option if they don't ever plan to implement it. That's pretty easy programming lol. On top of that it let you know 10*s WERE coming before they were even announced. It's not like Sega doesn't realize these things. As incompetent as everyone thinks they are, they do have some sort of road map and plan for their thinking.

My speculation is that they knew 10*s would be more common place soon cause of ultimate mode coming so 10* would be tradable and 11 and 12 would be unique. That makes way more sense and hence why they decided not to remove the shop option.

Just my speculation from a programmers perspective.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 10:16 PM
Uh...yeah, obviously 10*'s were on the way.

It doesn't mean they planned all 10*'s be untradable while listening to player cries to make all rares tradable all the way back in alpha.

Perspective has nothing to do with picking a fucking number 9 months ago. Programmers don't do balancing.

sandylecuistot
Feb 28, 2013, 02:25 AM
I was not saying this nastily ;) .

Rien
Feb 28, 2013, 03:03 AM
I was not saying this nastily ;) .

But Sega is doing this nastily.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 28, 2013, 03:14 AM
It was pretty funny one time when I had red code dark falz, and premium rare boost drink on. not a single red box. not even a freaking adaman

Now try this with 38 Falz runs in a row and you have where I am >:

But yeah it is highly annoying when your friends and teammates all find that one rare you want that you have been hunting forever. At least now that can be fixed when we can trade them. I gladly trade for my Blade Dance, Ruins Charm, Demolition Comet and Partisan of Lighting if I can just get them that way.

So sega, gib update already, sooner then later please.

_Nue
Feb 28, 2013, 03:25 AM
6* mechguns look amazing. Nuff said

Soultrigger
Feb 28, 2013, 03:26 AM

A loophole with Pyroxene weapons would render this limitation to be worthless. You might as well give complete access to 10* trading.

But yeah...that 10* trading. Please just make it need premium. Good lord please. No single-use items for each item, no AC items for individual 10*'s, just a license for unlimited trading for premium users.

I respectfully disagree, I think this would ruin the economy. What would end up happening is you essentially organize a circle of close friends, and each share your best 10* weapons. You simply share funds in order to upgrade god-tier weapons, because you're getting x amount of utility per people in the circle.

The point of binding (besides the fact companies monetize on it) is to make you commit to your weapon, and give you "ownership". The weapon represents how much you were willing to pay (or not profit from selling) to wear/upgrade it. With unlimited 10* trading, this feeling is nulled and you can be sure JP players are going to whine to no end their weapons no longer feel "unique"/representative of their "work".

And then there's Team Storage, which is the equivalent of trading. So what ends up happening here is some Team trusts its members to pool 10*s together. Then some beef happens with a Common member, who happens to have premium. Said person withdraws all the 10*s in storage and sells it to randoms for cheap keeping all the profit to himself. Then people whine when they realize how exploitable this is, and SEGA compensates everyone with 2 (-1) Protects.

Rien
Feb 28, 2013, 05:37 AM
Too late:

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=1036

レアリティ★10の武器&ユニットをマイショップに出品できる機能を追加します。
プレミアムセット有効期間中に限り、レアリティ★10の武器&ユニットと引き換えにマイショップでレアリティ★10の武器&ユニットを購入可能にする機能を追加します。

Translation:

-Added ability to place 10* units and weapons on the myshop.
-Added ability to place 10* units and weapons on the myshop while Premium is active.

edit:

こちらにつきましては、新規スキルの追加や大幅なスキルの仕様変更があった場合には、全てのスキルツリーの リセットが可能なアイテムの配付を予定しています。

Translation:

When new skills are added, or major skills are changed, a new "all tree reset" item will be distributed.

FUCKING IMPORTANT EDIT.

こちらにつきましては、強化失敗時のリスク発生確率を緩和いたします。

Translation:

When failing to strengthen (grind), the risk will be gradually decreased.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 28, 2013, 05:49 AM
that's an interesting list

Noc Codez
Feb 28, 2013, 06:10 AM

Content I want to be able to trade weapons and units ★ 10 rarities

Body: We have received your feedback and I hope to be able to deal with other players and unit weapons rarity ★ 10.
Comments from the development team
For here, we will modify the specification so that it can deal with the following applicable.

Added the ability to Sell My shop and unit weapons rarity ★ 10.
We added a feature set only during the lifetime premium, you can buy weapons and units rarity in my shop ★ 10 in exchange for weapons and units rarity ★ 10.
So we proceed to respond towards the future updates and appreciate your patience.

So in other words.. If you don't have premium you can't sell/buy 10*.. this is just plain stupid.. talk about shady.. :-x

Soultrigger
Feb 28, 2013, 06:23 AM
When failing to strengthen (grind), the risk will be gradually decreased.

Yea, my biggest gripe with the current grinding system is merely the rewind. Even if +1 rates were to drop, as long as -1 ~ -3s weren't so frequent, the grinding system wouldn't be so stupid. It's because of the penalty rates you have one person grinding a weapon in less than 20 attempts and another person having to do hundreds, even thousands of attempts.

-Added ability to place 10* units and weapons on the myshop.
-Added ability to place 10* units and weapons on the myshop while Premium is active.

Two hands is not nearly enough for the amount of facepalms this deserves.

Noc Codez
Feb 28, 2013, 06:25 AM
Yea.. they said there would be no difference between premium/free guess as always they lied.. I'm really mad about this.. making me think if I should bother playing anymore and just wait for US/EU release where I can actually use my CC to go premium.. because this webmoney BS is expensive not going to pay 30.00 a month for premium that's just outragous

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 28, 2013, 06:29 AM
Yea.. they said there would be no difference between premium/free guess as always they lied.. I'm really mad about this.. making me think if I should bother playing anymore and just wait for US/EU release where I can actually use my CC to go premium.. because this webmoney BS is expensive not going to pay 30.00 a month for premium that's just outragous

Uh...if there was no difference why would anyone buy premium?

They said content would not be limited. That's not the same thing at all.

Husq
Feb 28, 2013, 06:29 AM
When new skills are added, or major skills are changed, a new "all tree reset" item will be distributed.

Yes! Not a great solution, but at least you can redistribute your skill points, if new skills are added.

Infinity Series
Feb 28, 2013, 06:34 AM
its seem they will release more *11++ equipment

so its not a surprise if *10 rarity would be tradeable item
since there's *10 rarity category on visiphone

about hunter balance..
i hope the reduce the s-def pinalty on fury stance ..lol

the risk reduction is a good new heh?

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 28, 2013, 06:36 AM
What other solution would you want? O_o

It resets all your skill trees to be redone as you see fit.

Kierto
Feb 28, 2013, 06:39 AM
Grinding failure at diminished rate: Interesting... will wait for data
All Tree Reset Pass on balance changes: YES THANK FUCK. Seriously. Way to catch up to every other game. Praise lolijesus
10* sellable for Premium: trololololololo (also if you can purchase without premium then added lol)
Once more All Tree Reset Pass on balance changes: YES THANK FUCK

Actually there are some other interesting things on that list:

Parallel Area Teleporter can appear after Boss Clear/Quest Clear (think PSPo2 Orga Dyran).
Upper and lower ranges of EXP Scaling will be relaxed.

Rien
Feb 28, 2013, 06:57 AM
Erm, they mean you can do it if you have access to myshop functions at all

Ce'Nedra
Feb 28, 2013, 07:04 AM
Good Stuff

It's about time. I'm quite happy with these changes.

Soultrigger
Feb 28, 2013, 07:06 AM
Erm, they mean you can do it if you have access to myshop functions at all

Actually, I was looking at it again and wondered why they repeated themselves about selling 10*s. I think I misread it and assumed the worst.

Waiting for a better translation before I pass judgment.

Goukezitsu
Feb 28, 2013, 08:13 AM
Uh...yeah, obviously 10*'s were on the way.

It doesn't mean they planned all 10*'s be untradable while listening to player cries to make all rares tradable all the way back in alpha.

Perspective has nothing to do with picking a fucking number 9 months ago. Programmers don't do balancing.

My point was that they could have REMOVED THE OPTION if they did not plan to EVER use it. They kept it there not just because its a shiny number 10 hell there's even a BLOG about it saying that's why the shop option was there lol. http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/02/130227b.html

Obviously players mold changes but something as simple as removing a number to declare something as not happening hasn't been simpler to do and has been done in several games. I don't know why that's hard to comprehend.

But, that's besides the point. You can sell em with premium and trade them so happy days! That's the only important thing.

Rien
Feb 28, 2013, 08:20 AM
Actually, I was looking at it again and wondered why they repeated themselves about selling 10*s. I think I misread it and assumed the worst.

Waiting for a better translation before I pass judgment.

I read it again.

*sigh*

Anyone can put it up in the myshop, but only those with premium can buy it off one.

Only Sega can screw things worse than we think they can.

gigawuts
Feb 28, 2013, 08:20 AM
That's not saying that's why it's there. That's saying that it is there.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 28, 2013, 08:21 AM
I read it again.

*sigh*

Anyone can put it up in the myshop, but only those with premium can buy it off one.

SEEEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! :argh:

Goukezitsu
Feb 28, 2013, 08:23 AM
Okay counter example. If they didn't ever intend to use it then why is every shop option capped at a maximum of what's obtainable instead of arbitrary numbers like 100 for elements, 10 for attributes, and 20 on grinds? Going by this idea of its just a number wouldn't 10 attributes make more sense since 8 doesn't look as good as 10? lol Please don't tell me you honestly believe this?

gigawuts
Feb 28, 2013, 08:25 AM
Because they didn't decide to make things have 0 element then pick an arbitrary number when raising the cap.

This is a really fucking dumb argument.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 28, 2013, 08:26 AM
I read it again.

*sigh*

Welp that sucks for the non preminum users but I personally don't mind since I'm always preminum anyway.

Jungo Torii
Feb 28, 2013, 08:29 AM
I read it again.

*sigh*

I find that to be a really odd restriction. At least the "premium users are the only ones able to list 10*s" idea made slight sense. To an extent.

itwasstillbadthough...

gigawuts
Feb 28, 2013, 08:31 AM
Everyone being able to sell them but only premium users being able to buy ones they want makes sense to me, from a business standpoint.

Now you need to pay for premium to correct the RNG's fuckups, 10*'s will be cheap since more will be selling than buying, OR 10*'s will not be cheap because so many people started buying premium that sega doesn't need to give a fuck about the economy they just sold a shitload of premium.

Goukezitsu
Feb 28, 2013, 08:32 AM
Well another example is the Item reward field on Sranking quests. There was a blog talking about how previous games gave items for S rank clears (The portable series IIRC) and maybe that's something would return. It isn't being used now (from what I recall) but could be used later.

In short, I'm saying that I think small details should be taken note of and not seen as just arbitrary. I think they are more telling of the future than you give them credit for.

Anyways, I'm happy easier grinds and tradable 10*s. I'm just glad I saved almost all of them.

Rien
Feb 28, 2013, 08:34 AM
S-ranks is simply "Stay long enough and don't die", so I dunno....

Ce'Nedra
Feb 28, 2013, 08:35 AM
Anyways, I'm happy easier grinds and tradable 10*s. I'm just glad I saved almost all of them.

Lemme buy some off you :P

gigawuts
Feb 28, 2013, 08:39 AM
Well another example is the Item reward field on Sranking quests. There was a blog talking about how previous games gave items for S rank clears (The portable series IIRC) and maybe that's something would return. It isn't being used now (from what I recall) but could be used later.

In short, I'm saying that I think small details should be taken note of and not seen as just arbitrary. I think they are more telling of the future than you give them credit for.

My point is that the line had to be drawn at some point, and just because it currently looks like it might fit doesn't mean that was the intent. You saying they knew this would happen suggests 11*'s will never be made tradable, which I doubt. I've been expecting a power creep like this all along. 10*'s will be made tradable, and 11*'s will usurp 10*'s as the must-have weapons in the very near future. 10*'s will be the new lambda aristin level weapons. Not bad, but nothing to brag about. (Or they might be the regular ardillou, and the 11* wave will come with ultimate...lol)

Soultrigger
Feb 28, 2013, 08:46 AM
I read it again.

*sigh*

If you reread the Google translation, it actually sounds somewhat...interesting.

Notice, directly after they mention "Premium Set", they say "10* weapon & units" twice. Another key word somehow mixed in their is "purchase in exchange".

So, if what I'm really hoping for is correct, basically they're saying that, instead of a flat meseta price, you can instead
-list a weapon/unit you're willing to trade for the one you put up on market
or
-you offer a 10* weapon/unit in exchange for something listed on market to which the holder either agrees to or declines.
(I guess the latter would make more sense since the former would require specifications of affixes, grind, elem, etc. which sounds like a major headache).

That sounds kind've weird to implement, but considering they just added a bunch of little stuff like Prospect Search, maybe SEGA is stepping up their game.

or maybe not. lol

Rien
Feb 28, 2013, 09:01 AM
Fuck that, I ain't going through a premium set purchase just to have to offer another 10*. Give me one damn fee, not three!

Ce'Nedra
Feb 28, 2013, 09:50 AM
Fuck that, I ain't going through a premium set purchase just to have to offer another 10*. Give me one damn fee, not three!

This is exactly what Sega wants, they let use have our way, for a price, which is AC. They sell more AC cause people want to trade it. Its a win-win for them, people get pleased that they can finnaly trade them and they make easy money same time.

Ezodagrom
Feb 28, 2013, 09:54 AM
This is exactly what Sega wants, they let use have our way, for a price, which is AC. They sell more AC cause people want to trade it. Its a win-win for them, people get pleased that they can finnaly trade them and they make easy money same time.
In another topic there were some saying that the premium set is not worth it when compared to a my shop pass. Well, now it will be worth it. :>

Ce'Nedra
Feb 28, 2013, 09:57 AM
In another topic there were some saying that the premium set is not worth it when compared to a my shop pass. Well, now it will be worth it. :>

Thats opinion based, its been worth it for me since day 1 I got it. But yeah people are forced to get preminum now if they want to be able to buy/trade the 10*s

Coatl
Feb 28, 2013, 09:59 AM
If you reread the Google translation, it actually sounds somewhat...interesting.

Notice, directly after they mention "Premium Set", they say "10* weapon & units" twice. Another key word somehow mixed in their is "purchase in exchange".

So, if what I'm really hoping for is correct, basically they're saying that, instead of a flat meseta price, you can instead
or
-you offer a 10* weapon/unit in exchange for something listed on market to which the holder either agrees to or declines.
(I guess the latter would make more sense since the former would require specifications of affixes, grind, elem, etc. which sounds like a major headache).

That sounds kind've weird to implement, but considering they just added a bunch of little stuff like Prospect Search, maybe SEGA is stepping up their game.

or maybe not. lol

I hope you're right. It's very unlikely and I can't force myself to have high expectations of how they'll implement this, but I feel this would be the best way to go about this. Who knows, maybe sega has turned a new leaf.

They'll probably trip up somewhere unfortunately, but let's cross our fingers anyway.

Ezodagrom
Feb 28, 2013, 10:04 AM
Thats opinion based, its been worth it for me since day 1 I got it. But yeah people are forced to get preminum now if they want to be able to buy/trade the 10*s
Well, premium has been worth it for me too, especially since when they added the extra client orders limit. ^^;

Ce'Nedra
Feb 28, 2013, 10:29 AM
Well, premium has been worth it for me too, especially since when they added the extra client orders limit. ^^;

40 CO did it for me, that was the final push I needed to be preminum for like always. Then 40 Symbol Art came...and now the 10* trading. Life as a preminum is good /o/

Alenoir
Feb 28, 2013, 10:42 AM
They made it sound like as a premium, you need to exchange something before you can buy 10*s. (Either 10*s you already own, or the ability to sell 10*, I can't tell.)

The wording is weird. Someone else more fluent in Japanese take a stab at this.

Ezodagrom
Feb 28, 2013, 11:12 AM
They made it sound like as a premium, you need to exchange something before you can buy 10*s. (Either 10*s you already own, or the ability to sell 10*, I can't tell.)

The wording is weird. Someone else more fluent in Japanese take a stab at this.
Most likely there will be an article about this in bumped sometime today.

Zyrusticae
Feb 28, 2013, 12:30 PM
Too late:

https://58fi4a.bn1.livefilestore.com/y1p954ayiUg_6vrjgx82YAvClN8iKw3PirpaY1dt0fNxMemw_u tpDuMMnK5zqGkh-qmHOaMaivbk-9EtsliH0SgSObC2Qxgh0t0/iFm4moC606Sk8.gif?psid=1

UnLucky
Feb 28, 2013, 02:43 PM
or
Yeah now I'm really wondering how this exchange thing will work.

Any 10* automatically traded for any 10* you've listed in your shop? Terrible.
Confirmation sent, or deferred if you're offline, with just a yes/no for the trade? Ehh, better.

Can you have imbalanced trades? Like three 10* Arm units for one 10* Rear? Or a weaker 10* and 1mil MST for a stronger one?

Please don't force players to list one worthwhile 10* and three garbage 10*s, and then only accept a trade for the good one after the buyer trades three decent 10*s for each of the three garbage 10*s first.