PDA

View Full Version : How bout that Maintenance?

~Aya~
Feb 27, 2013, 12:02 PM
So... how bout' it?

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 12:04 PM
Fun filled maintenance. :>

~Aya~
Feb 27, 2013, 12:06 PM
Inorite? We also got raided by the JP NPC brigade. Good times.

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 12:08 PM
Inorite? We also got raided by the JP NPC brigade. Good times.
Indeed. :3

[spoiler-box]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9379/pso2240.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Railkune
Feb 27, 2013, 12:08 PM
You know, I'm realizing I have very bad timing. Every time I prepare my body to PSO2 like a mad man, I forget about the maintenance. Not only that, I always go to play it RIGHT as the maintenance starts.

kkow
Feb 27, 2013, 12:11 PM
You know, I'm realizing I have very bad timing. Every time I prepare my body to PSO2 like a mad man, I forget about the maintenance. Not only that, I always go to play it RIGHT as the maintenance starts.

+1. started a time attack too

Railkune
Feb 27, 2013, 12:12 PM
Man that must suck. I didn't even properly log in all the way. =P Guess it can't be helped.

Kyushi
Feb 27, 2013, 12:13 PM
I thought maintenance was tuesday evenings until wee hours of the morning? how come the maintenance was on the following day?

Punisher106
Feb 27, 2013, 12:14 PM
Wait a sec... Is that Gettemhart lookalike wearing a white heretic lord...? WHERE DO YOU GET THAT.

~Aya~
Feb 27, 2013, 12:15 PM
10 hour Maintenance today. <3

Anduril
Feb 27, 2013, 12:15 PM
I thought maintenance was tuesday evenings until wee hours of the morning? how come the maintenance was on the following day?
It was to coincide with the Vita version launch.

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 12:17 PM
This week's maintenance is later because of the vita version launch.

Wait a sec... Is that Gettemhart lookalike wearing a white heretic lord...? WHERE DO YOU GET THAT.
Recolour ticket?

Railkune
Feb 27, 2013, 12:17 PM
Lol, I forgot recolor tickets were a thing.

Kyushi
Feb 27, 2013, 12:18 PM
BAH! okay x_x guess I'll go find something else to do *sighs* only got 1 run in today -_-

kabutozero
Feb 27, 2013, 12:19 PM
10 hour? -_- ( started on 18:00 gmt +1 , will end at 4:00 am ) , gj sega

Enforcer MKV
Feb 27, 2013, 12:21 PM
Well yeah, it is the Japanese version after all. Makes sense that it wouldn't be convenient for the rest of us.

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 12:23 PM
Because a game made for japanese players should have maintenance times set for european players, right? :\

Anduril
Feb 27, 2013, 12:24 PM
Well, it is the super-early morning for their main player base. I was finally going to tackle the matterboard, assuming that they had pushed the maintenance back an entire day.

~Aya~
Feb 27, 2013, 12:27 PM
That moment when you think you are so quick with menu option surfing and then wonder why no one in your Team is talking anymore. #ForeverAlone

Skyly
Feb 27, 2013, 12:28 PM
There's maintaince right now?

~Aya~
Feb 27, 2013, 12:29 PM
There's maintaince right now?

Right

BlacKSye
Feb 27, 2013, 12:34 PM
What time in JST did it start and when will it end?

Alisha
Feb 27, 2013, 12:36 PM
pre maint antics
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/Dtrd2Sg.jpg[/spoiler-box]

~Aya~
Feb 27, 2013, 12:37 PM
I caught major air.. im the one in white and pink lmao

Anduril
Feb 27, 2013, 12:37 PM
What time in JST did it start and when will it end?
2AM to 12PM JST. So 9.5 hours to go.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 27, 2013, 12:48 PM
pre maint antics
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Dtrd2Sg.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

The odd-ball fam-i-ly~♫

BlacKSye
Feb 27, 2013, 12:48 PM
Thank you kindly. Is this the major update or just the small maintenance for the big update?

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 12:49 PM
Thank you kindly. Is this the major update or just the small maintenance for the big update?
Most likely it won't be a big update.

~Aya~
Feb 27, 2013, 01:16 PM
February 28th, 2013 @ 2:00 ~ 12:00 JST GOING ON NOW
February 27th, 2013 @ 12:00PM ~ 10:00 PM EST GOING ON NOW

February 28th - PSO2 Vita Launch
Chapter 9 Story Quest: "The First Farewell" (PSO2 Vita)
Side Story Quest: "Arks Combat Tournament" (PSO2 PC)
New Chrome Dragon boss (Will appear first in the Vita and Vita/PC shared blocks and can essentially spread to the PC-only blocks by players who have already encountered it).

March 6th - White Day
White Day Lobby (looks like blue version of Valentine lobby)
Limited-time White Day emergency quest (floating continent)
"Lovey" Rappy & rare drop
"Universe Star" Fashion Update, Blue Rappy Suit, Emilia's outfit

March 13th - Last Segment
New Advance Quests for Tundra, Mines, & Floating Continent

kabutozero
Feb 27, 2013, 01:52 PM
i'm playing STEINS;GATE in the meanwhile , ROFL at last learned why japanese use ww to laugh

raiden55
Feb 27, 2013, 02:11 PM
Because a game made for japanese players should have maintenance times set for european players, right? :\

Most of the time it's the case, they have maintenance on the morning in Japan, which is the night in Europe. Any occidental MMO would have maintenance during the night of his playerbase timezone.

supersonix9
Feb 27, 2013, 02:12 PM
yeah but it actually ends when i'm awake this time, so i'm happy.

Most likely it won't be a big update.

Chrome Dragon and side story of course, but hopefully they fix some things/make an adjustment or two.

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 02:21 PM
Chrome Dragon and side story of course, but hopefully they fix some things/make an adjustment or two.
Well, when I said that most likely won't be a big update, I meant file size wise. ^^;

supersonix9
Feb 27, 2013, 02:22 PM
Well, when I said that most likely won't be a big update, I meant file size wise. ^^;

well i'd be ok with that!

Nikoshae
Feb 27, 2013, 03:02 PM
I have a friend from Australia visiting for the week. I wasn't planning to play much PSO2 this week anyway lol

Take THAT maintennance! NYEAH!

Please don't hurt me next week as hard :(

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 03:05 PM
I have a friend from Australia visiting for the week. I wasn't planning to play much PSO2 this week anyway lol

Take THAT maintennance! NYEAH!

Please don't hurt me next week as hard :(

No rares for you for a month!

I'm actually reasonably pleased with the maintenance time if only because of how my classes coincide with it.

BlacKSye
Feb 27, 2013, 03:30 PM
I need to get on so I can go back to dudu savagely raping my bunghole and wallet with his rusty hammer.

supersonix9
Feb 27, 2013, 04:38 PM
I need to get on so I can go back to dudu savagely raping my bunghole and wallet with his rusty hammer.

i'm just going to try and play it safe, hoping I can wait it out until next pyroxene weps. otherwise i'm going to end up wasting a couple mil on vraolet zero when signo slayer is coming out.

Eikahe
Feb 27, 2013, 05:01 PM
Guh... I wanted to push for 30 today. At least I gained three levels yesterday, so that's something... it's ending at 8pm MST, right?

~Aya~
Feb 27, 2013, 05:04 PM
I dunno what else to do for gear. Elder rod 10/10 Ragne soul and Tech III. Full Snow Banther 10★ set. All of which have Ragne Soul and Tech III. What's next lol? P-wand drop rate is 1/LOL.. Help....

Blackheart521
Feb 27, 2013, 05:10 PM
I dunno what else to do for gear. Elder rod 10/10 Ragne soul and Tech III. Full Snow Banther 10★ set. All of which have Ragne Soul and Tech III. What's next lol? P-wand drop rate is 1/LOL.. Help....

Go for crazy affixes I guess? Even if it is farfetched to get 4-5 affixes, it's something to aim for ^^;

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 05:15 PM
Get Seitenweise, upgrade with pyroxenes, unlock latent 3 times, +10 4th time, get falz units, affix everything you have with with soul+III+boost, get gramasciento, upgrade with pyroxenes from skylands AQ, get new units and affix THOSE with soul+III+boost.

~Aya~
Feb 27, 2013, 05:15 PM
Go for crazy affixes I guess? Even if it is farfetched to get 4-5 affixes, it's something to aim for ^^;

Maybe stamina III on all.. I also just found a piece of armor from Falz Hunar.. hm.. ranged armor set....

Guh... I wanted to push for 30 today. At least I gained three levels yesterday, so that's something... it's ending at 8pm MST, right?

Yes 8 mst

Eikahe
Feb 27, 2013, 05:44 PM
Hrm... four more hours, then. Gotta kill some time :x

Renvalt
Feb 27, 2013, 06:01 PM
If we're getting the Arks Tourney this patch, then I'm gonna push hard to do that. Whether I have to have SQ 8 done before then or not will determine how hard I grind my MBs.

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 06:04 PM
If we're getting the Arks Tourney this patch, then I'm gonna push hard to do that. Whether I have to have SQ 8 done before then or not will determine how hard I grind my MBs.
Yeah, we're getting the side-story chapter today.

Syllix
Feb 27, 2013, 06:09 PM
Hey Eikahe I see you in B20 all the time. I'm halfway to 29 so when the servers are up I may just have to find you :)

raiden55
Feb 27, 2013, 06:13 PM
6 hours up and still no patch to begin download? I hope they won't wait too late before we can get this patch, it always pretty low to patch this game :/

Eikahe
Feb 27, 2013, 06:15 PM
Hey Eikahe I see you in B20 all the time. I'm halfway to 29 so when the servers are up I may just have to find you :)

Well, I'm hoping ALEX throws another MPA group together since I think we all outleveled Ruins last night. Hard Tunnels again? :B

~Aya~
Feb 27, 2013, 06:39 PM
I'm up for running quests and helping people. Msg me on here or just find me in block 20.. i'll be on tonight at some point.

Du1337
Feb 27, 2013, 06:44 PM
Is there a converter online so I can check the times at my timezone? I live in Europe...
And shouldnt the maintenence be over by now?

yoshiblue
Feb 27, 2013, 06:51 PM
I believe you would have to wait until 4am?

I would believe you would be +8 from MST and JP is +16 or 17.

So JP is only +8 hours from you.

Syllix
Feb 27, 2013, 06:51 PM
the times have been posted on the main page, and just use google to find out time zone differences and do the math.

@Aya - I need to finish the Ruins normal quests which will grant me a nice boost of exp from the Koffie orders. I'll keep an eye open for ya in game, I should be online around 8pm PST

Du1337
Feb 27, 2013, 06:53 PM
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/to/jst/to-gmt/index.htm

Ya, 4am so no pso2 for me tonight... Suxors.

Noc Codez
Feb 27, 2013, 06:53 PM
10PM est Needs to come already... Having PSO2 withdrawal ^^;

Are we getting the new Gacha update tonight ?

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 06:54 PM
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/to/jst/to-gmt/index.htm

Ya, so no pso2 for me tonight... god...

Got windows 7? I don't recall if earlier versions had the feature, but I know in windows 7 you can set up a second clock for whatever timezone you want. Just click on the clock, go to Additional Clocks, and set one up for UTC +09:00 Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo.

After you look at it for a while conversion should be something you can easily do in your head, daylight savings changes notwithstanding.

NoiseHERO
Feb 27, 2013, 06:57 PM
Got windows 7? I don't recall if earlier versions had the feature, but I know in windows 7 you can set up a second clock for whatever timezone you want. Just click on the clock, go to Additional Clocks, and set one up for UTC +09:00 Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo.

After you look at it for a while conversion should be something you can easily do in your head, daylight savings changes notwithstanding.

I use the clock on my iphone if I REALLY need to, you can pretty much do the same, have clocks for multiple time zones.

/uses 5 different time zones for my evil secret bases... AND NOT BECAUSE INTERNET FRIENDS! D:

~Aya~
Feb 27, 2013, 07:32 PM
I use the clock on my iphone if I REALLY need to, you can pretty much do the same, have clocks for multiple time zones.

/uses 5 different time zones for my evil secret bases... AND NOT BECAUSE INTERNET FRIENDS! D:

Senic Hurrosss

Noc Codez
Feb 27, 2013, 08:04 PM
Maintenance....

MAINTENANCE !

Argh !

MAINTENANNNNCE !!

ok I want Maint to be over already.... >.>

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 08:05 PM
Maintenance....

MAINTENANCE !

Argh !

MAINTENANNNNCE !!

ok I want Maint to be over already.... >.>
It's scheduled to end in 2 hours. :x

Noc Codez
Feb 27, 2013, 08:06 PM
It's scheduled to end in 2 hours. :x

I Know but very excited.. lol :D

~Aya~
Feb 27, 2013, 08:21 PM
This seems like the official i'm bored cause I can't play pso2 and don't feel like doing anyhing else so i'm gonnanpost here thread. With that said... /mla dance1

Eikahe
Feb 27, 2013, 08:23 PM
Started FF13-2, sister left, decided to hunker down and wait for this damn game to come off of maintenance.

Hour and a half to go!

Railkune
Feb 27, 2013, 08:25 PM
I've been switching from Skype, to here, to lazily watching Tv. I have multiple other games I could be playing, but they just seem so unappealing right now. PSO2 has me hooked bad.

Noc Codez
Feb 27, 2013, 08:31 PM
I've been switching from Skype, to here, to lazily watching Tv. I have multiple other games I could be playing, but they just seem so unappealing right now. PSO2 has me hooked bad.

pretty much this^

I been trying to watch tv but everything at the moment is so... blah..

~Aya~
Feb 27, 2013, 08:31 PM

#Thirdworldproblems

The Walrus
Feb 27, 2013, 08:33 PM
Wish I was still hooked to PSO2

NoiseHERO
Feb 27, 2013, 08:34 PM
#Thirdworldproblems

first world problems

Link1275
Feb 27, 2013, 08:35 PM
#Thirdworldproblems
I think you mean First World problems, as last I checked Third World countries didn't have a lot of video games and PCs...

Edit: Ninja'd

~Aya~
Wish I was still hooked to PSO2

Come to ship 2. We can fix that for you. ♥♥♥.. and lmao I meant first haha world. ;-)

Noc Codez
http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p321/NOCCODEZ/35506962_zps3d7cc3d1.jpg

The Walrus
Feb 27, 2013, 08:40 PM
Come to ship 2. We can fix that for you. ♥♥♥.. and lmao I meant third world. ;-)

Eh, my problem with the game isn't really lack of people to play with or anything. There's a bunch of people I can play with whenever. My problem just has to do with the flaws finally being too much for me to bother playing this. That said I'll probably start playing again by summer. It's how I've always been with the series anyway. Play a lot for a few months then take a break

~Aya~
Feb 27, 2013, 08:43 PM
Eh, my problem with the game isn't really lack of people to play with or anything. There's a bunch of people I can play with whenever. My problem just has to do with the flaws finally being too much for me to bother playing this. That said I'll probably start playing again by summer. It's how I've always been with the series anyway. Play a lot for a few months then take a break

Sounds good. :D. Big Shout out to ship 10

Syllix
Feb 27, 2013, 08:47 PM
Now I'm curious to know what flaws are too much to keep you from playing

The Walrus
Feb 27, 2013, 10:38 PM
Well lets see...

-Outside of Darkers Den (which has become pretty easy lately) the game has absolutely no difficulty whatsoever. At all. Nothin'.

-The rare drop rate is too damn low. The drop rates in the first game weren't even close to this bad outside of V1. Then they made the drop rates for almost everything reasonable outside of the super top tier ultra badass endgame best weapons ever like Psycho Wand which should have been that rare.

-Rareception. On top of the retarded drop rates we have rare enemies. Now having rare enemies is fine and all. But christ the drop rates on their stuff is ridiculous. I mean like christ we have poor Giga who has killed well over 100 Gwanahda Neros and still hasn't gotten a Demo Comet.

-Lack of content variety. You have basic run to the end missions, which can just run to the end and do cause NOTHING IS IN YOUR WAY AT ALL which is quite dull. You have point gathering missions where you almost always gotta just kill enough stuff in the time. You have missions based on showing you a new Code which are lol. Then you have time attacks which are fun levels since ya know they're designed by hand and not random. And then there's Darkers Den which is basically a glorified awesome time attack. Oh and AQ's which are just glorified Free Fields yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy. Game needs more stuff like Darkers Den/Time Attacks when you actually get blocked off and have to do things to progress like normal runs in the first game.

-The Grinding/Affixing system. Don't really see the need to elaborate on this at all.

Following are mostly just more minor things that bug me and not actual major flaws imo.
[spoiler-box]-Matterboard. This is just a personal pet peeve but I HATE HAVING TO DO POINTLESS BORING ASS SHIT OBJECTIVES TO GET TO PLOT. Also the plot is pretty meh.

-Graphics. They're nice and pretty but there really isn't a cool art style at all. It's just yaaaaaaaaaaaay realistic graphics. Woohoo. It's fuckin boring. I want a fun art style like the first game ;.;[/spoiler-box]

I think that pretty much covers everything worth saying. God knows I could wall o text the hell out of this but I'm too lazy.

Laga
Feb 27, 2013, 10:53 PM
so um... anybody else stuck at the weird pipe tunnel login dealeo thingy? you know, the wormhole that brings you to the lobby after you pick which character you want to use...

EDIT: Going on 10mins now... maybe a ファイルチェック file check is in order?

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 10:55 PM
so um... anybody else stuck at the weird pipe tunnel login dealeo thingy? you know, the wormhole that brings you to the lobby after you pick which character you want to use...
If you're using the english patch, don't use the large pack, use just the main pack.

NoiseHERO
Feb 27, 2013, 11:03 PM
Well lets see...

-Outside of Darkers Den (which has become pretty easy lately) the game has absolutely no difficulty whatsoever. At all. Nothin'.

-The rare drop rate is too damn low. The drop rates in the first game weren't even close to this bad outside of V1. Then they made the drop rates for almost everything reasonable outside of the super top tier ultra badass endgame best weapons ever like Psycho Wand which should have been that rare.

-Rareception. On top of the retarded drop rates we have rare enemies. Now having rare enemies is fine and all. But christ the drop rates on their stuff is ridiculous. I mean like christ we have poor Giga who has killed well over 100 Gwanahda Neros and still hasn't gotten a Demo Comet.

-Lack of content variety. You have basic run to the end missions, which can just run to the end and do cause NOTHING IS IN YOUR WAY AT ALL which is quite dull. You have point gathering missions where you almost always gotta just kill enough stuff in the time. You have missions based on showing you a new Code which are lol. Then you have time attacks which are fun levels since ya know they're designed by hand and not random. And then there's Darkers Den which is basically a glorified awesome time attack. Oh and AQ's which are just glorified Free Fields yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy. Game needs more stuff like Darkers Den/Time Attacks when you actually get blocked off and have to do things to progress like normal runs in the first game.

-The Grinding/Affixing system. Don't really see the need to elaborate on this at all.

Following are mostly just more minor things that bug me and not actual major flaws imo.
[spoiler-box]-Matterboard. This is just a personal pet peeve but I HATE HAVING TO DO POINTLESS BORING ASS SHIT OBJECTIVES TO GET TO PLOT. Also the plot is pretty meh.

-Graphics. They're nice and pretty but there really isn't a cool art style at all. It's just yaaaaaaaaaaaay realistic graphics. Woohoo. It's fuckin boring. I want a fun art style like the first game ;.;[/spoiler-box]

I think that pretty much covers everything worth saying. God knows I could wall o text the hell out of this but I'm too lazy.

ANNNNND EVERYTHING revolves around RNG. (random number generator)

All of the outfits you get come from AC scratch cards (TL;DR pay real money for RNG chance at an outfit) BUT they're trade-able, but that goes down a whole nother field of problems when you see how terrible this game's economy is.

Elaborating on Weapon/Unit upgrading.. if by some chance you've reached endgame and you're still in love with this game. The first time you'll ever spend 600 grinders and or 5-40 mil trying to upgrade a single item will break the fuck out of your spirit.

And yeah Rareception is no understatement. RNG to get an interrupr event to occur. RNG for it to be one you want. if it's done properly you'll have and RNG chance at getting a CHANGE OVER interrupt event, that'll be and RNG chance of dropping that one 1 weapon you wanted that drops from a boss. And there's 5 other weapons that could drop instead.

Then Everything in this game being missed potentiel:

Music: That awesome soundtrack from PSO that was worth putting on your MP3 player? hope you like inconsistent long and drawn out atmospheric music.

Character creation: All the outfits are one-piece outfits. the tiers of how well you'll be treated aesthetic-wise will be Female > Males > Casts. If you pick a male/cast character expect to have a mediocre looking character.

Battle system: Magic is too easy, range is just right(mostly), fighter gets the short end of the stick... they also have to fight with said short stick. learn more about this in another thread around here where there's 90 pages going into detail. (But to be fair still the best battle system in the series but that's what makes it missed potentiel)

The level design: Every single stage in this game, it just a template with the same exact probably less than 10 pieces of a field. all of them technically being 3D claydoe blobs floating in the middle of the sky randomly placed and rotated (through RNG.) It's all fun in games at first... till you realize everywhere you go in whatever area looks no different from where you were 50 steps ago. There's nothing memorable about the level design.

It's F2P: Whatever you hate, that other F2P games do. Expect some similarity here. If not now, expect it in the future. Including being a horse with a carrot you cannot reach held infront of your face for months, only for there to be a "catch" by the time you get said rotten carrot. TL;DR: this game is cursed with a lot of things PAST phantasy star games got rid of or never had BECAUSE they were bad. Even the lesser popular PS games.

~Aya~
Feb 27, 2013, 11:04 PM
About to log into pso2! Something smells odd.. and no.. its not me.

Laga
Feb 27, 2013, 11:05 PM
thank you Ezodagrom.

~Aya~
Feb 27, 2013, 11:09 PM
This game is wonderful in every aspect. That is my opinion as an Non-hardcore gamer.

NoiseHERO
Feb 27, 2013, 11:17 PM
This game is wonderful in every aspect. That is my opinion as an Non-hardcore gamer.

I don't think I have to label what kind of "gamer" I am, to know how to enjoy whatever I take interest in!

I'm just a guy that likes videogames that happens to be a fan of a series where the most recent game made way too many decisions I and other legitimately don't sit well with, after playing it for a long enough period of time. ESPECIALLY in comparison to ANY past game it's had.

I'd probably love this game too if I just started playing yesterday or never left the lobby in B20.

The Walrus
Feb 27, 2013, 11:17 PM
So you don't think there is a single thing wrong with this game ~Aya~?

Anatha
Feb 27, 2013, 11:23 PM
If you think this game has a "realistic" artstyle, you may need to go outside.

The game's artstyle is the same as PSO, except that now they can fully translate the concept art into the actual game.

The Walrus
Feb 27, 2013, 11:28 PM
I was talking about the graphics not the art style itself. The graphics have a much more realistic look to them then the first which was more cartoony/animeish.

~Aya~
Feb 27, 2013, 11:34 PM
So you don't think there is a single thing wrong with this game ~Aya~?

I have nothing to complain about. I love this game and its community

The Walrus
Feb 27, 2013, 11:37 PM
Huh. Well ok then.

Laga
Feb 27, 2013, 11:49 PM
oh wow... havent played in like a month and the lobby music... friggin sick, I love it!

The Walrus
Feb 27, 2013, 11:52 PM
I bet you're glad it's not the Arks Theme from the beginning of the year

Xaelouse
Feb 27, 2013, 11:53 PM
this game has its flaws, sure, but I play any other online game atm and they're either lacking in charm or are currently dead compared to this. This game and the wonderful people I met in it just makes me feel good. RNG is retarded, sure, but one of the beauties of this game is that you can be fairly powerful even without that super rare weapon. The new spellstone content even emphasize that.

Of course, that leads to the "too easy" flaw, but really now. This is an action RPG slash MMO that's gear based; everything will eventually be too easy especially if you played long enough to memorize all the enemy patterns. Speeding up enemies and giving them new moves wont change much in a game with such splendid defensive options. Personally, I think the difficulty in this game is moderate at best.

wetro01
Feb 28, 2013, 12:07 AM
sorry but i just wanted to know if the Ark imposter part of the maintenance? cuz i cant do NOTHING to it :etongue:

The Walrus
Feb 28, 2013, 12:24 AM
Clones have been around for a while now.

Anatha
Feb 28, 2013, 12:52 AM
Yea... uh no, it really is just PSO with a facelift. It's just as anime as the other games.

From PSO, through to PSO2, the games have shared the same kind of style.

The only thing that has changed is the power of graphics rendering.

The Walrus
Feb 28, 2013, 01:02 AM
Still not seeing it. Dunno if it's the colors of the original or what but it still has a more cartoony/animeish look to it whenever I compare the two.

Guess I'm just crazy.

gigawuts
Feb 28, 2013, 01:16 AM
Still not seeing it. Dunno if it's the colors of the original or what but it still has a more cartoony/animeish look to it whenever I compare the two.

Guess I'm just crazy.

No, you're not. I and a lot of people I know have the same issues with the colors in the game. I wound up resolving it by amping up the saturation and contrast with catalyst control center, and the colors look much better to me now. Sometimes it can be a bit over the top, like if a force is spamming ramegid or rafoie right next to my character, but besides that it's an overall improvement IMO.

Anatha
Feb 28, 2013, 01:20 AM
It's really just the hardware limitations we had back then, but visually speaking PS has not really gone anywhere new since PSO.

Most we've had is a bit of design change within the actual world, style of clothing being the only actual change.

The visual style has remained the same, even the concept art has barely evolved, it's gotten a bit more "modern anime", what with things being a bit more angular, to keep with expected norms.

Not that this is a bad thing. I don't think I'd like it much if Phantasy Star went "HD Realism", it wouldn't be right.

gigawuts
Feb 28, 2013, 01:51 AM
Part of why I liked PSO was while it was of the anime genre, it didn't try to blend in with the stereotypical anime of the time. Possibly because the hardware of the time couldn't handle the sooperanimu look, or it could have been a decision made for the art direction of the game as a whole. Either way, that's what happened with the finished product.

PSU tried as hard as it could to be generic anime, and PSO2 is definitely pretty darn anime too.

I don't really mind it, but I found PSO1 far less sooperanimu than PSU and PSO2. Perhaps a big part of that is photon arts.

edit: And yes, the colors used have definitely become less vibrant.

~Aya~
Feb 28, 2013, 08:29 AM
I just wish technics would get bigger snd cooler looking as you use higher level discs like in pso... I wonder if they ever plan on doing that?

Anatha
Feb 28, 2013, 08:47 AM
We've still got quite vibrant colors.

But yea, PSO was held back by hardware, which may have actually been the reason for the vibrancy, because if you look at the concept artwork it's a bit on the muted side.

gigawuts
Feb 28, 2013, 09:02 AM
We've still got quite vibrant colors.

But yea, PSO was held back by hardware, which may have actually been the reason for the vibrancy, because if you look at the concept artwork it's a bit on the muted side.

Interestingly, I think the creative ways of handling the technical limitations are what really drew me into the game. Things like boxes textured with transparent gradients to give the illusion of light, etc. This effect was most noticeable in mines (lanterns near doors) and VR spaceship (the overhead lights that were on almost every walkway). This was such a cool design feature that, some way or another, made it into the final game and really made it more visually appealing to me.

But there's also just the actual colors used. Compare Mines 1 with any level of your choosing in PSO2. You've got pretty much just FC that even comes close, but it's still comparably toned down. Compare the signs and colors on Pioneer 1 with anything at all in PSU.

I mean, it's not a rare thing in game design for the original intent for a game to be different from what players wind up receiving, so it could full well be a case of that.

~Aya~
Feb 28, 2013, 09:23 AM
Interestingly, I think the creative ways of handling the technical limitations are what really drew me into the game. Things like boxes textured with transparent gradients to give the illusion of light, etc. This effect was most noticeable in mines (lanterns near doors) and VR spaceship (the overhead lights that were on almost every walkway). This was such a cool design feature that, some way or another, made it into the final game and really made it more visually appealing to me.

But there's also just the actual colors used. Compare Mines 1 with any level of your choosing in PSO2. You've got pretty much just FC that even comes close, but it's still comparably toned down. Compare the signs and colors on Pioneer 1 with anything at all in PSU.

I mean, it's not a rare thing in game design for the original intent for a game to be different from what players wind up receiving, so it could full well be a case of that.

Especially Ultimate mode Mines in pso. Those colors were so nice... I'm going to give them time on pso2 to come up with something like that.

~Aya~
Mar 5, 2013, 09:45 PM
~Casts Reverser~ so.. how bout it? Again...

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 10:25 PM
Is the patch up?

Shadowth117
Mar 5, 2013, 10:26 PM
Is the patch up?

Not quite yet. If there even is one.

~Aya~
Mar 5, 2013, 11:04 PM
Not sure when the patch will be up.. if there.. yeah there should be one for sure.

Ezodagrom
Mar 5, 2013, 11:07 PM
Not sure when the patch will be up.. if there.. yeah there should be one for sure.
There could be no patch though, the 3.4GB update a few weeks ago added alot of stuff in preparation for future updates.

~Aya~
Mar 5, 2013, 11:13 PM
True,,,

Triple_S
Mar 5, 2013, 11:13 PM
Gah, I forgot about maintenance. I was all ready to boot up my Vita and play.

Kion
Mar 5, 2013, 11:14 PM
There could be no patch though, the 3.4GB update a few weeks ago added alot of stuff in preparation for future updates.

Yeah, chapters 9,10, the matter board events, blue event tablets and the Arks Battle Festa is already in the data. So the maintenance is probably setting the client to be able to access the data rather than actually adding anything? ^^;

sk_co_0121117\co_0121117.text, Skit, 0, skit01, "ARKS Battle Festa!"
sk_co_0121117\co_0121117.text, Skit, 0, skit02, "外伝 アークス戦技大会!"

Railkune
Mar 5, 2013, 11:14 PM
Gah, I forgot about maintenance. I was all ready to boot up my Vita and play.

Happens to me all the time. I'm sitting here playing PSO Episode 1 & 2 for the first time ever lol.

~Aya~
Mar 5, 2013, 11:20 PM
I'm just editing pics, talking on skype and cruising forums.

Electabuzzkill
Mar 5, 2013, 11:58 PM
Why was there no news of maintenance until about when it started?

~Aya~
Mar 5, 2013, 11:59 PM
Why was there no news of maintenance until about when it started?

This is the normal weekly maintenance. What's being done is as follows,

March 6th - White Day

Electabuzzkill
Mar 6, 2013, 12:03 AM
This is the normal weekly maintenance. What's being done is as follows,

March 6th - White Day
is it normally scheduled for wednesday night(eastcoast)/ midday (JP)?

gigawuts
Mar 6, 2013, 12:03 AM
is it normally scheduled for wednesday night(eastcoast)/ midday (JP)?

Yeah, it's normally this time and day of the week.

Electabuzzkill
Mar 6, 2013, 12:05 AM
but i actually dont have school tomorrow and was gonna play till the wee hours of the morning because sleep is optional when it comes to pso.

Mopop
Mar 6, 2013, 12:06 AM
Server down? Must be a problem on your end! *goes back to PSO2*

Electabuzzkill
Mar 6, 2013, 12:10 AM
how long? i think it started around 9pm eastern time.

gigawuts
Mar 6, 2013, 12:12 AM
Well, now you can play into the wee hours of the afternoon tomorrow, I suppose. But yup, this is the normal time. Occasionally they change it up, but not usually.

Blackheart521
Mar 6, 2013, 12:17 AM
how long? i think it started around 9pm eastern time.

It'll be back up around 3AM Eastern give or take an hour because sometimes they extend or get the servers back up early, I'm in central and it goes up around 2AM for me every week. ^^;

~Aya~
Mar 6, 2013, 12:18 AM
I'm gonna wait all night until maintenance is over. YOLO

Blackheart521
Mar 6, 2013, 12:19 AM

Gonna kill myself because no PSO2... YOLO :D

Electabuzzkill
Mar 6, 2013, 12:19 AM
same, but not YOLO.

~Aya~
Mar 6, 2013, 12:40 AM
Then he waddled away, waddle waddle.

bleak_voider
Mar 6, 2013, 12:44 AM
Just started playing today yay

~Aya~
Mar 6, 2013, 12:45 AM
Welcome to hell!!!!! I mean... yay!

Mabataki87
Mar 6, 2013, 01:26 AM
Yea.. i'm new too. Got it on my Vita yesterday and then decided to download it for PC. Finally got my PS3 controller working and then here comes the maintenence.
PSO GC, BB, and PSU vet here. Good times indeed and i'm glad to be back into the fabulous world of PSO. I've lurked through these forums quite a bit and this is my first post.

FO-RA-HUnightv
Mar 6, 2013, 01:30 AM
I need to do my tacos so i have more mesta to waste on fodder to try to make my 10 star have ragne soul tech 3 and ability 3

Noc Codez
Mar 6, 2013, 01:57 AM
Maint should be done by the time I get home from work Yay!! Lol

Sentri
Mar 6, 2013, 02:01 AM
I just started playing recently as well, currently sitting on 22 ranger. I want to play gunner mainly, it looks to be very fun from what I've seen.

Does anybody have any tips on levelling? It seems to be progressing very slowly, I've been doing all the koffie quests mainly. Not so much others, except Lisa's

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 6, 2013, 02:04 AM
I need to do my tacos so i have more mesta to waste on fodder to try to make my 10 star have ragne soul tech 3 and ability 3

How the heck are people putting Ability 3 on stuff? Let alone 3 affix it...

Noc Codez
Mar 6, 2013, 02:07 AM

Your kidding right ? O_o

Eikahe
Mar 6, 2013, 02:13 AM
Bah, how much longer on the maintenance?

Zenobia
Mar 6, 2013, 02:13 AM
Your kidding right ? O_o

Yes he is kidding bad Noc bad~

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 6, 2013, 02:14 AM
I accidentally cut the cord.

Server isn't coming back

Eikahe
Mar 6, 2013, 02:18 AM

;_______; HOW COULD YOU CYROOOON?!

BarbblerElf
Mar 6, 2013, 02:19 AM
Bah, how much longer on the maintenance?

Until I get tired of waiting and just fall asleep; bout 1 min after that point.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Mar 6, 2013, 02:20 AM
Doesn't it typically run till 3am EST? If so, we're about 40 minutes away. (Give or take depending on their status)

Merumeru
Mar 6, 2013, 02:21 AM
X3 I wanna countdown but that always makes things feel longer; well, except when its your alarm waking you up for school/work; those minutes just seem to fly...

Horo The Wise Wolf
Mar 6, 2013, 02:23 AM
Just play another game while you wait!

Like Osu!

FO-RA-HUnightv
Mar 6, 2013, 02:25 AM

dont hate, I just need to make my fodder with ragne tech and shoot 3 and im good to go with a 20% I hope anyway lol

ZeroXRaven
Mar 6, 2013, 02:28 AM
Ugh, i'm gonna lose it here lol I have wanted to play all day and then...oops, I forgot about maintenance. I have tried playing other games but I just can't get into them because i'm thinking about PSO and what I am gonna do on it, when I play. :cry:

The good thing though is i'm days closer to purchasing the premium Vita version. I am pretty excited to get that because of the extras.

.Jack
Mar 6, 2013, 02:29 AM

Knowing how to properly do so. You can buy materials for 1k each and mixing them together gives you a 60% chance of making Ability III. I'm surprised this isn't common knowledge by now.

ZeroXRaven
Mar 6, 2013, 02:30 AM
I feel it's time to brew some coffee and seriously pull an all nighter :D

Shadowth117
Mar 6, 2013, 02:31 AM

Its actually not too hard, it can just require some luck. You're already going to have a level 3 attack skill on there for whatever you're affixing which means you just need to get one of each of the other 2 spread among your fodder. That'll give you a 60% base chance with 80% after applying a 20% booster. While its still possible to fail, and in that case it would really suck (I've even seen someone fail at 90% on ability :/), the chances aren't bad for you to do it.

Syllix
Mar 6, 2013, 02:33 AM
While we wait these agonizing last minutes... enjoy what I consider to be one of the best PSO2 tracks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI1eVOxput8

Eikahe
Mar 6, 2013, 02:34 AM
Actually, I've been sitting on WoW... despite the fact that I have no interest in the patch that dropped today.

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 6, 2013, 02:40 AM
While we wait these agonizing last minutes... enjoy what I consider to be one of the best PSO2 tracks
Phantasy Star Online 2 - Naberius Ruins Music - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI1eVOxput8)

That video volume is too low and it's not 1080p!
What fool uploaded th-

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 6, 2013, 02:41 AM
Your kidding right ? O_o

Yes he is kidding bad Noc bad~

dont hate, I just need to make my fodder with ragne tech and shoot 3 and im good to go with a 20% I hope anyway lol

Knowing how to properly do so. You can buy materials for 1k each and mixing them together gives you a 60% chance of making Ability III. I'm surprised this isn't common knowledge by now.

Its actually not too hard, it can just require some luck. You're already going to have a level 3 attack skill on there for whatever you're affixing which means you just need to get one of each of the other 2 spread among your fodder. That'll give you a 60% base chance with 80% after applying a 20% booster. While its still possible to fail, and in that case it would really suck (I've even seen someone fail at 90% on ability :/), the chances aren't bad for you to do it.

Was I kidding?
No not really
I know how affix work (to an extent) but for some reason thought "ability" had a lower transfer rate then say...shoot,power,etc

If you thought was referring to "Shoot III,Power,III" no I know how those work as I've done them on the stuff I use and are 3 affix...

"Ability III" is what im referring to :P

Alisha
Mar 6, 2013, 02:41 AM
Phantasy Star Online 2 - Naberius Ruins Music - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI1eVOxput8)

and thats pretty fail compared to previous pso music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kreOzTnf_0

Syllix
Mar 6, 2013, 02:46 AM
That video volume is too low and it's not 1080p!
What fool uploaded th-

Hahahaahhahahahahahaha :):):)

And Alisha, I'd say most PSO music is far from fail. The composers are great :)

.Jack
Mar 6, 2013, 02:49 AM
"Ability III" is what im referring to :P

Yeah, I didn't think anyone was talking about the others. It just takes a very long time to prepare but it's easy to do. I was trying to make an elder/techIII/AbilityIII black wing unit to sell and it took me over an hour to prepare only for it to fail.

The transfer rate is horrible 10%-30%-50% mixing 1-3 items.

If you make it using the proper things, it's a 60% chance.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 6, 2013, 02:51 AM
Yeah, I didn't think anyone was talking about the others. It just takes a very long time to prepare but it's easy to do. I was trying to make an elder/techIII/AbilityIII black wing unit to sell and it took me over an hour to prepare only for it to fail.

The transfer rate is horrible 10%-30%-50% mixing 1-3 items.

If you make it using the proper things, it's a 60% chance.
I feared once I level FO i probably couldn't get 3 affix as easy as i did with my GU (hello mizer and shoot transfer boost lol)

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 6, 2013, 03:00 AM
I fixed the server

Noc Codez
Mar 6, 2013, 03:00 AM
What time will maint be done ?

EvilMag
Mar 6, 2013, 03:01 AM
Its up

Anduril
Mar 6, 2013, 03:02 AM
Looks like they put some older items back into rotation for this scratch. http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/20130306/

EvilMag
Mar 6, 2013, 03:03 AM
IT GOD NO.

It's PSU's Valentines Day theme.

Merumeru
Mar 6, 2013, 03:38 AM
XD I wanna blow my brains out from this lobby music already, but yay, it returns <3

~Aya~
Mar 6, 2013, 05:19 AM
Music is much better than some of the other stuff... ><... new Dance5 is hilarious

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 6, 2013, 05:54 AM
Do the monkey

~Aya~
Mar 6, 2013, 05:59 AM
Cy.. pics otw w/ you in em.. march 2013 thread