PDA

View Full Version : What Does The Matter Board Unlock?

Elendanis
Feb 27, 2013, 01:21 PM
I have been playing for a fair amount of time, about to finish board 2, only because I have no focused on it.

I have read that matter board can unlock specific bosses to appear in encounters only if you have beat them in a story mission? What else is unlockable?

Sorry I am fairly new and still learning, and also, sorry for asking this question, I'm sure it has been asked before.

blace
Feb 27, 2013, 01:23 PM
You can unlock NPCs.

Elendanis
Feb 27, 2013, 01:25 PM
You can unlock NPCs.

Makes sense, is there anything else?

blace
Feb 27, 2013, 01:27 PM
Not much else besides the possible need to have matterboard 9 unlocked for the new Chrome Dragon. Currently Vita only, but that's about it.

Requiem Aeternam
Feb 27, 2013, 01:33 PM
Some of the weapons and armor from the Matter Boards have good affixes on them that you can transfer to other weapons. Also doesn't Matter Board 7 allow you to do the Urban Area with Ragne as a boss?

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 01:52 PM
Some of the weapons and armor from the Matter Boards have good affixes on them that you can transfer to other weapons. Also doesn't Matter Board 7 allow you to do the Urban Area with Ragne as a boss?
Yes, it does.

Requiem Aeternam
Feb 27, 2013, 01:54 PM
Yes, it does.

Sweet. That'll make the COs that require Ragne kills a lot easier to complete ^^

Anduril
Feb 27, 2013, 01:55 PM
Sweet. That'll make the COs that require Ragne kills a lot easier to complete ^^
Marathon Training Naberius II also has a Ragne as the end boss, but then again, Story Mission bosses are weaker for their level.

Caledonia
Feb 27, 2013, 01:57 PM
Matterboard also unlocks an extra scene at the end of the Elder Falz fight, if you're greatly interested in the story/cinematics

Nikoshae
Feb 27, 2013, 03:04 PM
Matterboard also unlocks an extra scene at the end of the Elder Falz fight, if you're greatly interested in the story/cinematics

Nifty!

I finished Matter Board 1 recently, and there is a story mission waiting for me (I'm waiting on the story patch to be completely up to date first). Once I do that mission will Matter Board 2 be available, or is there a different trigger?

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 03:06 PM
Nifty!

I finished Matter Board 1 recently, and there is a story mission waiting for me (I'm waiting on the story patch to be completely up to date first). Once I do that mission will Matter Board 2 be available, or is there a different trigger?
After you do the story mission, it's probably just talking with Shion.

Kazzi
Feb 27, 2013, 04:48 PM

Wait, so you can run Urban whenever you feel like it? Why have I not bothered with the matter board yet.

Requiem Aeternam
Feb 27, 2013, 05:28 PM
Wait, so you can run Urban whenever you feel like it? Why have I not bothered with the matter board yet.

Looks like it. For me the Urban quest is the only reason to do the Matter Board :-P

Renvalt
Feb 27, 2013, 05:30 PM

This is true, however there's a catch:

-You cannot bring anyone with you (solo only)
-Dying even once forces you to fail
-You're stuck with Melphonsina as your only party member.

However, the layout of the map is good for a few reasons alone:

-You don't face Ragne in her Dome arena (meaning she's the same as any other E-Code Encounter you fight her on)
-Gun Batteries lay in very beneficial spots, allowing you a means to clear certain sections rather easily.

Also, Dark Ragne's level adjusts to about 5 levels above yours (capping at a certain level, see the Story Quest level charts for that).

In addition, Story Quest 8 allows you to fight Falz Hunar on a regular basis, again with the catches mentioned above, save three differences:

-The arena for Falz Hunar is a little more scenic, albeit cramped.
-You have a Humanoid opponent before Falz Hunar himself (Gettemhalt)
-Your party consists of yourself, Zeno, Echo, and (midway through) Kasura.
-Killing Falz Hunar in this SQ removes Zeno as an available Partner Card (this being because he most likely perished when Falz Elder fully awoke).

However, doing any other route but the Hunar route gives Zeno back to you.

Nikoshae
Feb 27, 2013, 06:45 PM
Wait, you lose Zeno as a partner card, but can regain him...? I accept that for storyline reasons he dies (you chose the word 'perishes' ... intriguing), but you can regain him...?

I'm curious about this, because I'm interested in the storyline :) It was one of the best parts about playing PSU for me.

Caledonia
Feb 27, 2013, 06:55 PM
After you do the story mission, it's probably just talking with Shion.

The way the story line works, you usually have to run each story mission twice before the next matterboard. You actually end up running the Story mission on Naberius three times if you count your introduction to the game.

--Basically, the story missions are fixed maps, which route you take on that map correlates to a "chapter".

(So, if you've read the final chapter and lost Zeno, reading the previous chapter restores him -and if I hadn't helped Kion with some of the story file's I'd hate you all for spoiling that for me, I'm only at chapter four in gameplay)

Renvalt
Feb 27, 2013, 07:04 PM
The way the story line works, you usually have to run each story mission twice before the next matterboard. You actually end up running the Story mission on Naberius three times if you count your introduction to the game.

--Basically, the story missions are fixed maps, which route you take on that map correlates to a "chapter".

(So, if you've read the final chapter and lost Zeno, reading the previous chapter restores him -and if I hadn't helped Kion with some of the story file's I'd hate you all for spoiling that for me, I'm only at chapter four in gameplay)

Oh you're on the REALLY confusing part. I always hated how vague that map was. Seriously, not telling you that you need a full room sweep of A-1 to access the second half of Chapter 4? RRRAAAAAAAAGE!

Courina
Mar 1, 2013, 08:31 PM
need help Matterboard 7 story quest sky island part 2 with zeno and echo , somewhat i cant find a way to complete 2nd part of it

Sizustar
Mar 1, 2013, 09:25 PM
So some of the new prize in Matterboard 11.
9* unit and 10* weapons
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up40676.png
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up40679.png
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up40677.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 2, 2013, 07:46 AM
That lord axeon is god awful. sub par compared to more recent GSes, even 8*s and Red GS.

If the knuckles are all class though that would make for a much better alternative to Eight Ounce.

Are there other armors there? if so I wonder if there's a set bonus for them.

Sizustar
Mar 2, 2013, 08:06 AM
That lord axeon is god awful. sub par compared to more recent GSes, even 8*s and Red GS.

If the knuckles are all class though that would make for a much better alternative to Eight Ounce.

Are there other armors there? if so I wonder if there's a set bonus for them.

Actually I'm more of wondering if that can be traded in at the recycle shop for the 10* Pass?

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 2, 2013, 08:11 AM
doubtful, they're to be placing "handouts" in the pile of ineligibles like the irista stone weapons.

Coatl
Mar 2, 2013, 02:55 PM
What are the MB 11 units?