PDA

View Full Version : Help with Build

Kippy
Feb 27, 2013, 01:46 PM
Okay, so the Vita version should be out in a few hours. I played the beta for Vita, but never played the PC version of PSO2. I'm asking for any ideas on a class build since I still don't know much about PSO2. I played mainly as a Gunmaster and Fighmaster in PSU. I prefer Gunmaster personally. My favourite weapons were shotguns and twin handguns. So anyone have any advice? Oh another thing, I don't understand the whole sub-class thing either. Thanks.

Anduril
Feb 27, 2013, 02:05 PM
There are no shotguns in this game; the closest you can get is the Assault Rifle PA Diffuse Shell. Twin Handguns are replaced with (or returned to) Twin Machineguns. You can use both as Gunner (unlocked by hitting lv30 Ranger and completing two COs). If you plan on mostly just using TMGs and Rifles, then GU/RA is a good class combo.

Subclass system basics: unlocked upon hitting lv20 and completing a CO from Koffie. Subclasses can be any of your unlocked classes (meaning you automatically can subclass as a Hunter or Force when playing Ranger). Benefits of subclass: Access to the subclass' PAs, Skill Tree, and 20% of its stats (scaling; meaning that if your main is lv30 and you sub is lv50 you only get stats as if your subclass is also lv30). You do not get access to the subclass' weapons set (ie. You cannot use Knuckles even if your subclass is Fighter); the exception to this is special All-class weapons.

Kippy
Feb 27, 2013, 02:16 PM
Alright, thanks \(^_^)/ But I may want to try something completely new to challenge myself, Maybe a force..

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 02:43 PM
Oh man...lets see.

At the start of the game you only have 3 classes available: Hunter(Hu), Ranger(Ra) and Force(Fo).

There are 3 "Advanced Classes" or "Supplemental Classes" that can be unlocked: Fighter(Fi), Gunner(Gu), and Techer(Te).

Once you reach lvl 30 with one of those classes you unlock a client order that will let you unlock another client order that will unlock a new class related to class you got to level 30. That means once you get ranger to lvl 30, you can unlock gunner but in order to unlock fighter, you need to level hunter to 30 too.

Each class has access to their own skill tree and weapon set:

Hunter can use Swords, Partisans and Wire Lances.
Ranger can use Assault Rifles and Launchers
Force can use Rods and Talises
Fighter can use Double Sabers, Knuckles, and Twin Daggers
Gunner can use Twin Machine Guns and Assault Rifles
Techer can use Wands and Talises.

*ALL CLASSES CAN USE GUN SLASH*

There are certain weapons that can be equipped by any class, for example Aresvis is a twin machine gun(TMG) that any class can use, however none of the PAs for TMGs can be used unless you're a Gu.

Each class has it own "style" or "role" though some of this is a bit dubious.

Hunter is a more defensive style of melee fighter. Its supposed to be the tankiest class in the game, able to block incoming attacks, and has several skills that help reduce damage and increase survival. It has very few skills related to damage output, but the weapons is has are very damaging on their own. (In reality their defense isn't much higher than any other class and the trade off in taking too much of the survival related skills is that you lose damage output. The best tools for survival involve not getting hit to begin with so if you want to be a damage oriented hunter, focus more on damage skills and make sure you get skills like step attack and just guard.)

Ranger is suited a long range combat, capable of targeting enemy weakpoints by taking advantage of the game's third person shooter(tps) mode and getting bonus damage without getting too close to the combat. They can also get bonus damage for remaining perfectly still while attacking. The launcher is a slow, but powerful weapon capable of causing heavy stagger with its normal attacks and sending enemies flying with its PAs. They are very support oriented, in that the are the only class with any sort of debuffs and can gain access to traps. (In reality, traps are very slow to use and impractical while jellen shot takes too much SP to get to to be worth it to most. still a very good class and probably one of the most true to design)

Force is an AoE monster. They are able to attack groups of enemies hard and fast at a distance with their techs and support the team with buffs and healing. The rod is the most powerful tech weapon in the game while the talis allows you to shift the origin of your techs to where it's thrown. This allows you to use resta on the hunters at the front line while you still hang back. (In reality talis isn't quite as amazing as it sounds but it still good. Most people just use a rod and don't sweat talis though)

Fighter: A much more squishy melee class. Prioritizing multihit attacks and high flying aerial combat over survival, fighter hits hard and fast at the cost of having no survival skills whatsoever. Their Brave and Wise stances provide huge damage bonuses based on your position relative to the enemy and boost all damage types, so they're highly offense oriented. (Another class that's very true to its intended purpose. due to the nature of the game, their implied issues with survival are almost nonexistant and they make for an excellent subclass due to the nature of their stances).

Gunner is an acrobatic mid range class that uses its TMGs and great evasive skills to attack and defend at the same time. Their chain trigger allows for huge damage bonuses for attacking a single target in rapid succession and their special evasive action while equipping TMGs is straight out of a Wachowski Bros. movie. (Only class that can effectively use TMGs. Chain trigger works great with weakbullet, one of the best survival oriented classes due to TMG evasion. One of the best classes for killing single targets, has limited AoE options.)

Techer is a frontline tech user. The wand unlike the rod allows for strong melee combat while still oriented for casting. Many techer skills are more support oriented, boosting the effectiveness of support techs or increasing PP regeneration. if Force were the game's wizard, then Techer would be the game's cleric. (in reality support isn't all that great in this game, so typically techer suffers from having lower damage output while having nothing to compensate for it).

Subclasses work like this:

You can change classes at any time. Each class has its own levels and skill tree so if you started out as a hunter and decided you wanted to play ranger, your ranger would start out at level 1. All levels and skill trees are saved, however so there's no penalty for switching.

Once you reach level 20 you can get a client order that allows you to pick a second class. This second class(sub class) grants bonus stats and other benefits, however gains no exp. You have to switch your subclass to your main class in order to level it up. Like your main class, you can switch your subclass at any time and there are no penalties for doing so.

*ANY CLASS CAN BE TAKEN AS MAIN OR SUB. THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS*

benefits of sub class:

1: Gives you full access to its skill tree. Anything in your current subclass' selected skill tree is at your main class' full disposal. So as Fi/Hu you can activate and use fury stance and brave or wise stance at the same time and get all stat ups from the tree too. This is also why you can use step attack when your Fi sub has it, but your Hu main does not.

2: Gives up to 20% of its current base stats to your main's base stats. The limitation is that its stats are capped at your main's current level. So if your Hu (main) is 50 and your Fi (sub) is 20, you'll gain 20% of your fi's current stats as your own. However if you switch so your Fi is your main and your Hu is your sub you only get 20% of the your Hu's stats as though it were level 20. You still get the full skill tree however, so you get the skill tree of a level 50 Hu even as a lvl 20 Fi.

3: Gives full access to the PAs for the weapons your sub can use. This sounds counter-intuitive based on the fact that mains cannot equip the weapons of your sub. After all if Hu/Fi doesn't get access to double sabers what good are the PAs? Here's the trick: as previously mentioned there are certain weapons that can be equipped by multiple classes. these multi-class or in some cases all class weapons can be equipped by classes other than their intended. For example, even though Hu can't equip normal double sabers, they CAN equip the Double Saber Legacy and the Fossil Victor.

Due to #3, most people opt to main Fi and sub Hu. As a Fi/Hu you get full access to Fi weapons and can still use some of the better Hu weapons. There are almost no all class fi weapons that are good at high levels, but the lambda Hyperion, Lambda Arestin and Lambda Patilumeira are all quite powerful Hu weapons that Fi can equip so you get a much better range of weapons and lose almost nothing.

if I were you I'd run Gu/Ra. Sounds like it'd be your thing.

Anduril
Feb 27, 2013, 02:52 PM
*snip*

This needs to be a sticky.

UnLucky
Feb 27, 2013, 03:40 PM
And I'll also put this here

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204278&p=2915401

Check out the rest of the thread too, and if a certain class interests you, there are individual megathreads for them here.

Kippy
Feb 27, 2013, 04:00 PM
if I were you I'd run Gu/Ra. Sounds like it'd be your thing.

Alright. Thanks for ALL the information :D I'm so excited >.<

Kippy
Feb 27, 2013, 04:01 PM
And I'll also put this here

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204278&p=2915401

Check out the rest of the thread too, and if a certain class interests you, there are individual megathreads for them here.

And thanks to you too (^_^) I love how helpful PSO-W is.