PDA

View Full Version : FYI People, you CAN link PSO2 accounts to US PSN accounts!

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 02:45 PM
*Before anything, I'm going to point out I did this with the Vita Special Package cartridge. I do NOT know if this works with the standard release so bear with me.*
To all CLOSED BETA PLAYERS, your accounts were unlinked from that PSN ID after the Beta ended in case you weren't aware. This means you CAN relink to a US account.

Not much to say about this, but using the cartridge from the Vita Special Package and my US PSN ID, I was able to start up the game and log into the ship select area. Clearly maintenance is going on, BUT I was able to select a ship and log in for it to give me the server maintenance message.

If you think I'm BSing you, go try to login into PSO2 on your PC right now. Use the right password for your account and then the wrong one. You'll notice that the messages are very different, even if you don't speak Japanese.

Basically I was very surprised to see this and thought I'd let people know :)

Edit: I will say if DLC ever comes out on the JP PSN, this may make it difficult to use it, but that's not very likely as far as I can tell. It is worth noting though.

supersonix9
Feb 27, 2013, 02:51 PM
Nice.

Ryo
Feb 27, 2013, 02:53 PM
Man, and during CBT I linked my JP PSN to my SegaID.... :(

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 02:54 PM
Man, and during CBT I linked my JP PSN to my SegaID.... :(

Doesn't matter, it disconnected all CBT accounts from their respective PSNs :D

Ryo
Feb 27, 2013, 02:58 PM
Doesn't matter, it disconnected all CBT accounts from their respective PSNs :D

WOO! When I'm back home next week my two copies will be waiting for me! Thanks for the update, guess I'm not downloading! This is exciting!

blace
Feb 27, 2013, 03:00 PM
They announced that all accounts were unlinked after the CBT how did you miss that?

Good to know I suppose, I can play on either.

Ryo
Feb 27, 2013, 03:08 PM
They announced that all accounts were unlinked after the CBT how did you miss that?

Good to know I suppose, I can play on either.

Pregnant wife, moving, traveling around the country.... take your pick :p

SolRiver
Feb 27, 2013, 03:14 PM
I wonder what other benefit this might bring (aside the memory card swiping issue)... Maybe I should hold my horses a bit.

blace
Feb 27, 2013, 03:14 PM
Pregnant wife, moving, traveling around the country.... take your pick :p

It was before they sent out the codes for the CBT.

Anyway, early congratulations.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 03:21 PM
That's nice and all but I wonder how we'd go about this if we're not buying the game. VITA is funny about software access and unless I'm mistaken there's no way to D/L the game without a Japanese PSN ID.

blace
Feb 27, 2013, 03:26 PM
That is the only problem with digital downloads, it's locked to the account you purchased it on. Demos are not bound the same way, but DLC and games from a region can't be used on another.

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 03:50 PM
I'm pretty sure I mentioned that I wasn't sure if it would work with the download. It may though and if someone would like to test that then I'm sure we'd all appreciate it. Hell, if you can share it we can set up a torrent and make it easy for people with only pne card to get.

Z-0
Feb 27, 2013, 03:56 PM
Won't work with the download because of Vita restrictions (Need to be on a Japanese account for starts to download it, and obviously accounts are linked by memory card).

This will only work with the physical cartridge.

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 04:00 PM
Won't work with the download because of Vita restrictions (Need to be on a Japanese account for starts to download it, and obviously accounts are linked by memory card).

This will only work with the physical cartridge.

Not necessarily actually. If you can get demos to work, which are classified however they are as free on the PSN, its very possible this could work. All you would need to do is get the game itself off of the Japanese memory card and transfer it onto your native one. Now whether it would actually play as a demo would be able to is another question.

Now obviously that needs to be checked out first of all, but if it DOES work it could save people some dough for sure.

blace
Feb 27, 2013, 04:09 PM
Demos aren't bound as far as I'm aware, actual games are. Even free to play titles are bound.

ZeroXRaven
Feb 27, 2013, 04:16 PM
Excellent news! Thanks for the update on this

Sadly though, I don't have the money to import the physical copy :(

Alenoir
Feb 27, 2013, 04:17 PM
They've changed it a while back that your memory card is bound to your PSN account. You can't just download something a one memory card in one account, factory reset your system to another account, and put in the same card to access the contents on that card. You're now asked to wipe that card too or use another card.

Hence, download version of PSO2 will not work on a non-JP PSN account an account outside of the one you downloaded it with.

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 04:18 PM
Demos aren't bound as far as I'm aware, actual games are. Even free to play titles are bound.

Hey, no harm in trying right? May as well attempt it.

Edit:

They've changed it a while back that your memory card is bound to your PSN account. You can't just download something a one memory card in one account, factory reset your system to another account, and put in the same card to access the contents on that card. You're now asked to wipe that card too or use another card.

Hence, download version of PSO2 will not work on a non-JP PSN account.
You're being silly, and here's why: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/cm/installcma.html

Content Manager Assistant allows you to transfer games and everything else to your computer. From there, you can unsurprisingly transfer things back regardless of what memory card you're using.

You people act like PC's don't exist here...

Sonic646
Feb 27, 2013, 04:23 PM
This is great! Thanks! Where did you order your copy from? My Play-Asia preorder from late November still hasn't arrived and supposedly shipped yesterday with EMS.

Also, did the cartridge come in a traditional PS Vita game case? My biggest reason for importing this was to get a display case.

blace
Feb 27, 2013, 04:27 PM
This is great! Thanks! Where did you order your copy from? My Play-Asia preorder from late November still hasn't arrived and supposedly shipped yesterday with EMS.

Also, did the cartridge come in a traditional PS Vita game case? My biggest reason for importing this was to get a display case.

Someone posted pictures of their copy of the game and it does come in the traditional blue plastic case.

I also ordered from Play-Asia, but it looks like it'll be a few weeks to a month I get mine in the mail rather than having it at delivered to my door when no one is home.

Edit: The content manager does copy backed up data, but the items will be locked without the proper PSN ID. They're bound regardless of backing it up.

Alenoir
Feb 27, 2013, 04:29 PM
You're being silly, and here's why: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/cm/installcma.html

Content Manager Assistant allows you to transfer games and everything else to your computer. From there, you can unsurprisingly transfer things back regardless of what memory card you're using.

That just backs up your stuffs so it can be restored to the memory card on the PSN account the contents belong to.

This whole thing was introduced to make it so you can't share contents between accounts.

Here, have a Gaf thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488830).

Sonic646
Feb 27, 2013, 04:32 PM
Someone posted pictures of their copy of the game and it does come in the traditional blue plastic case.

I also ordered from Play-Asia, but it looks like it'll be a few weeks to a month I get mine in the mail rather than having it at delivered to my door when no one is home.

Edit: The content manager does copy backed up data, but the items will be locked without the proper PSN ID. They're bound regardless of backing it up.

Awesome! I can't seem to find the pictures anywhere. Link? I'm too excited for this :D

blace
Feb 27, 2013, 04:36 PM
It's in the screenshot thread, the poster usually ignores spoiler boxing them, so I can't link you to the thread without my phone crashing.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 04:37 PM
Hey, no harm in trying right? May as well attempt it.

Edit:

Two things:

1) if you can download the game at all you already have a JP PSN ID and a memory card assigned to it. Seems like a lot of trouble to get it over to a US PSN account if you already have a JP account, no?

2) This doesn't change the fact that games are account bound. If you download the game on a JP PSN account, it will not play on a US account, there's an actual message that says to play the game on the account that downloaded it.

ZeroXRaven
Feb 27, 2013, 04:42 PM
Yeah it'd be fantastic if the downloadable version worked with any account...but I seriously doubt it

Crysteon
Feb 27, 2013, 04:42 PM
I'd just stick to my JP PSN account to play PSO2 and other JP games and to my US PSN account to play US stuff :/ ...that makes it easier to avoid random region bs.

I wish there was a way to avoid the "Intro Movie of Doom" Vita plays each time you restore your system though, lol.

Alenoir
Feb 27, 2013, 04:44 PM
I wish there was a way to avoid the "Intro Movie of Doom" Vita plays each time you restore your system though, lol.

Friend's little trick: Stick in the memory card when the movie starts playing. That supposedly skips the movie for you.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 04:45 PM
I'd just stick to my JP PSN account to play PSO2 and other JP games and to my US PSN account to play US stuff :/ ...that makes it easier to avoid random region bs.

Only issue with this is most people have only one memory card and it's not like PS3 where you can just hit a button and change accounts.

Kippy
Feb 27, 2013, 04:47 PM
Friend's little trick: Stick in the memory card when the movie starts playing. That supposedly skips the movie for you.

Hold the power button, then click power off. Then restart. It's MUCH faster.

ZeroXRaven
Feb 27, 2013, 04:52 PM
SONY is extremely stupid for restricting accounts this way anyway. It was an issue with the PSP as well as it wasn't easy to just switch over. I was hoping they would make it seamless with the Vita but they made it even worse...the worst part is that I cannot see any reason whatsoever as to why they'd do it this way. It's like they are scared of people letting friends borrow games because even physical games are locked to accounts if you want trophies.

It's one of the big reasons the Vita is doing so terrible in sales, it's so restricted. I can understand their fears of piracy and hackers, but they don't have to hurt the honest paying customers in the process. There are better alternatives than what they have done. Thing is, even with all their means to fight piracy with all the restrictions hackers will still find a way to pirate games eventually or do other stuff with it. So basically, because of the PSP's hacking issues, all the Vita customers are suffering from SONY's redick restrictions on the Vita now...so thanks hackers....

ShiroiRen
Feb 27, 2013, 04:54 PM
Excellent news! Thanks for the update on this

Sadly though, I don't have the money to import the physical copy :(

This pretty much here too. Let alone I wonder if there will be an actual US release of it too soon by hearing that? :-?

I seriously DO WANT this.

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 04:57 PM
Alright, well you guys do have a point with the download transferring as long as it holds true. I'll be testing it later, but I have a feeling it would be rather easy to get it from account to account. How? You'll have to mess with your folders a bit to match the appropriate acounts, but its not hard to do. I'll test this when I get home I suppose, but I would bet a lot that it would be possible to do. If it is, I'll make a guide for it later and start a torrent for the game.

As for potential region locking issues, I honestly don't know. It looks like I'm going to have to try it first since I'm the only one that seems to have had experience with that.

For the record though, I've gotten the CMA to transfer ENTIRE ISO'S to the Vita before in the save folders when I was messing with the Vita CEF. I really, really don't think transferring something that's supposed to be on there anyway will be a problem. It accepts anything certain naming scheme so long as it matches Sony's parameters. I don't think it needs OpenCMA, but if people need it, its readily available too.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 05:05 PM
But the game itself has a flag that says what account downloaded it. If it doesn't match up with the account in use it won't play the game. Doesn't matter if it lets you transfer it or not.

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 05:36 PM
But the game itself has a flag that says what account downloaded it. If it doesn't match up with the account in use it won't play the game. Doesn't matter if it lets you transfer it or not.

Have you tested it? Yeah, that's the norm, I know. But what if its not? Its probably like a half an hour max to get the game off of the vita and put it back on on your other account. Its not exactly impossible it could have the same status as a demo. I just don't know for sure one way or another.

In all likelihood, yeah you're probably right. But until you go and test you shouldn't be acting as if your word is fact here.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 05:44 PM
lolwut? it would be the only non-DRM game in the Vita's library if that were the case.

And as we've already discussed, even getting the game onto the vita requires a JP PSN account at this point so why even go there?

Zipzo
Feb 27, 2013, 06:08 PM
ST is correct in his assertions.

If you can link the vita version to a US account you'll require the physical cartridge because the digital download can only be received through the JP psn (which you need a JP psn to access). I assume *most* people will be downloading it digitally.

I'd also be wary about tying a US account to a japanese native game for those of you who faked your whole way through the Jp sega ID creation for PSO2...to me that's just creating ways to serve up your account for ban on a silver platter with a nice side of fraud...

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 06:18 PM
ST is correct in his assertions.

If you can link the vita version to a US account you still require the physical cartridge because the digital download can only be received through the JP psn (which you need a JP psn to access). I assume *most* people will be downloading it digitally.

I'd also be weary about tying a US account to a japanese game for those of you who faked your whole way through the Jp sega ID creation for PSO2...to me you're just creating ways to serve up your account for ban on a silver platter with a nice side of fraud...

At your first point, I've been saying this entire time, yes it isn't neccessarily possible to use the downloaded version this way. However you're ignoring the fact that you can in fact get the game from other sources than PSN in the event this works. Not sure why you people don't get that. That's why I mentioned I could set up a torrent for it.

And to your second point... Congrats, you're not Sega so I could really, really care less about your opinions there. I believe its been mentioned many times that they're aware of our presence there so that's not an issue. And the only time you're putting in an address for this game from what I recall is for billing. And somehow I don't think they're very worried about that. Not to mention every single person playing with a foreign IP is eligible for something like a mass ban were they to do it. So why don't you reconsider that statement for a minute and notice how you're essentially calling out anyone here who's not a Japanese citizen. (see: Vast majority of all international PSO2 fansites.)

Edit: Yep, you only need the address ever for billing. PSN might be another story, but that's unrelated to what you said.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 06:23 PM
As much as it pains me to say this, Zipper's got a real point that needs to be considered.

Don't go giving them damning evidence, people (As if our IP's weren't damning enough, though)

edit: If you don't give a fuck about connecting to your possibly-nonexistent PS3, is there even any reason to want a US PSN account? Like, surely you could get by with US-bought game carts and just use a JP PSN account full time. And then I guess there's the different online shops, but really, if you don't care about that is there any difference?

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 06:28 PM
As much as it pains me to say this, Zipper's got a real point that needs to be considered.

Don't go giving them damning evidence, people (As if our IP's weren't damning enough, though)

Login IP's and chatlogs among other things are already available to them. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but IP's alone have already been "damning evidence" for a number of Chinese players as you might recall. Being cautious is good, but I hardly think they'd care that players they already know are American, English, or whatever are giving another nod at that.

Zipzo
Feb 27, 2013, 06:29 PM
At your first point, I've been saying this entire time, yes it isn't neccessarily possible to use the downloaded version this way. However you're ignoring the fact that you can in fact get the game from other sources than PSN in the event this works. Not sure why you people don't get that. That's why I mentioned I could set up a torrent for it.

And to your second point... Congrats, you're not Sega so I could really, really care less about your opinions there. I believe its been mentioned many times that they're aware of our presence there so that's not an issue. And the only time you're putting in an address for this game from what I recall is for billing. And somehow I don't think they're very worried about that. Not to mention every single person playing with a foreign IP is eligible for something like a mass ban were they to do it. So why don't you reconsider that statement for a minute and notice how you're essentially calling out anyone here who's not a Japanese citizen. (see: Vast majority of all international PSO2 fansites.)

Edit: Yep, you only need the address ever for billing. PSN might be another story, but that's unrelated to what you said.

Listen Im not saying you need to be a ninja about things I'm aware that SoJ acknowledges the presence of foreign players passively, but once you start throwing a US based account with (likely) a different name and US billing info in to the mix with your (likely) already faked personal information for your SEGA ID...I mean it just gets complicated if you think about. To them this could look like what china farmers are to US games...for a rough analogy。Its suspicious material for other reasons than just "I wanna play pso2 so bad!". You might be an account thief, or an RMTer. It just doesn't seem very logical to link your US PSN to JP pso2 but nothing is stopping you assuming it is possible, do what you want.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 06:31 PM
Indeed. It's less that you're trying to hide things, and more that you're not voluntarily divulging things such as inconsistencies in personal information you've already given them.

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 06:35 PM
Listen Im not saying you need to be a ninja about things I'm aware that SoJ acknowledges the presence of foreign players passively, but once you start throwing a US based account with (likely) a different name and US billing info in to the mix with your (likely) already faked personal information for your SEGA ID...I mean it just gets complicated if you think about. To then this could look like what china farmers are to US games...for a rough analogy。Its suspicious material for other reasons than just "I wanna play pso2 so bad!". You might be an account thief. Or RMT.

Aliases are very common. Some people have a different name on every account they ever make. I don't see a problem there whatsoever. Other account merging type deals have happened in the past that have had similar things with names come up. It hasn't been a problem then and it probably isn't now. And that's assuming Sega has access to that information from your PSN since PSN is Sony's.

So its not really as complicated as you're making it. Its not like you're even purchasing AC through Sony anyway, its still done through Sega's ISAO site. So that's a non-issue.

Zipzo
Feb 27, 2013, 06:41 PM
Aliases are very common. Some people have a different name on every account they ever make. I don't see a problem there whatsoever. Other account merging type deals have happened in the past that have had similar things with names come up. It hasn't been a problem then and it probably isn't now. And that's assuming Sega has access to that information from your PSN since PSN is Sony's.

So its not really as complicated as you're making it. Its not like you're even purchasing AC through Sony anyway, its still done through Sega's ISAO site. So that's a non-issue.

Well...like I said. I myself am not concerned as my main psn account is in fact Japanese...this is only my opinion and sure I might be over thinking but, it's not at your expense. I'm just trying to prevent another "first 2 months of pso2" from happening. Anyone else remember that? Thread after thread of players crying about being banned and claiming to have no idea why。

ZeroXRaven
Feb 27, 2013, 06:42 PM
I'm not sure they'd care if you used a NA PSN...if they did they'd have already IP banned all of us. I mean, i'm sure it's possible, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it worries you that much just make another account for the game and use a different character with your US PSN and your main one for the JP PSN.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 06:43 PM
Players were being banned due to crude names and possibly (but never proven or disproven) being hacked outside the window, where screens were taken by other players who reported them as hackers.

Nothing about being in the wrong country.

Zipzo
Feb 27, 2013, 06:49 PM
Players were being banned due to crude names and possibly (but never proven or disproven) being hacked outside the window, where screens were taken by other players who reported them as hackers.

Nothing about being in the wrong country.

I don't think *anything* was proven or disproven then, but that's just the thing, it's the fact that this board was completely enraged for weeks over why, and I guarantee if there's a ban wave there will be a whole slew of creative reasons (similar to the window) that will fester :|

blace
Feb 27, 2013, 06:51 PM
Sega may not care about which region due to shared sentiment between Sakai and the team, but Sony did file charges against a known hacker for decrypting the PS3's files as well as recently making signing up for a JP PSN ID needing an address. It's better to be precautious since Sony is the intermediary for handheld PSO2.

ZeroXRaven
Feb 27, 2013, 06:53 PM
I don't think *anything* was proven or disproven then, but that's just the thing, it's the fact that this board was completely enraged for weeks over why, and I guarantee if there's a ban wave there will be a whole slew of creative reasons (similar to the window) that will fester :|

Yeah, those bans where scary, it was around the time I first started playing and getting into it. Every day I felt like I could be banned at any moment lol Good to know I have atleast lasted this long. :P

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 06:58 PM
Sega may not care about which region due to shared sentiment between Sakai and the team, but Sony did file charges against a known hacker for decrypting the PS3's files as well as recently making signing up for a JP PSN ID needing an address. It's better to be precautious since Sony is the intermediary for handheld PSO2.

This is hardly on the level of that. If I've been able to run a hacked PSP for years and use PSN with it as well as my PS3 from time to time, I highly, highly doubt that simply copying a game that was already free to another account that's in a different region is an issue they'd ban for.

Clearly that's not 100%, but given what I said and how many other people have done just that I personally doubt this could cause any issues whatsoever. Others are welcome to their own discretion.

ZeroXRaven
Feb 27, 2013, 07:01 PM
This is hardly on the level of that. If I've been able to run a hacked PSP for years and use PSN with it as well as my PS3 from time to time, I highly, highly doubt that simply copying a game that was already free to another account that's in a different region is an issue they'd ban for.

Clearly that's not 100%, but given what I said and how many other people have done just that I personally doubt this could cause any issues whatsoever. Others are welcome to their own discretion.

Hey, if you figure out a way to do it let me know please. I only have one memory card and it's a pain having to use my JP PSN :P

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 07:03 PM
But yeah, can anyone answer this question? I haven't even got a vita, just pondering for future reference since I'll very likely get one eventually.

edit: If you don't give a fuck about connecting to your possibly-nonexistent PS3, is there even any reason to want a US PSN account? Like, surely you could get by with US-bought game carts and just use a JP PSN account full time. And then I guess there's the different online shops, but really, if you don't care about that is there any difference?

blace
Feb 27, 2013, 07:05 PM

I'm just saying that from having played Infinity, Sony in Japan has more power over parts of the gaming industry as well as being the main branch. We're using their services for a game that isn't licensed for the western market, they may retaliate in one form or another provided that they notice an influx of western Vita's all with a certain game using services for another region to play on.

Alisha
Feb 27, 2013, 07:10 PM
its worth mentioning that it's always been possible to sign into the english version of phantasy star portable 2 with both a japaneese and english psn account. the only reason the reverse wasnt possible is because serials had to be entered wich were only redemable on jp psn.

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 07:18 PM
Hey, if you figure out a way to do it let me know please. I only have one memory card and it's a pain having to use my JP PSN :P

Don't worry about it. As people have been saying, there's really no guarantee but I'll try and give it a try tonight if possible. If it is, I'll be posting the details of it in this thread and have a way for people to download it.

But yeah, can anyone answer this question? I haven't even got a vita, just pondering for future reference since I'll very likely get one eventually.

The biggest difference is really the PSN Store. I'm not sure if there are services that you can't access because of that, but if you're planning on only going online for PSO2 it really doesn't matter too much no. Just know that JP PSN accounts are about as easy to get PSN points onto as it is to get AC onto PSO2. And if you were planning on playing other games online you may very well have issues putting in online play activation codes on JP PSN if its meant for the US variant.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 07:25 PM
If you just have a Vita for PSO2 then there's no reason to have a NA PSN account. However all NA games that have DLC you want will require an NA account and some games for vita are download only, so there's that.

ZeroXRaven
Feb 27, 2013, 07:30 PM
its worth mentioning that it's always been possible to sign into the english version of phantasy star portable 2 with both a japaneese and english psn account. the only reason the reverse wasnt possible is because serials had to be entered wich were only redemable on jp psn.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean exactly.

Link1275
Feb 27, 2013, 08:31 PM
I'm not sure I follow what you mean exactly.
You could grab a western copy of PSP2 and a JPN PSN account and hop online. You couldn't do the inverse though. The game with this little code that you would claim on the PSN Store, once you did that you could play online, well in the west that code was never fully implemented properly so you didn't need to have one to play. However in Japan it was a different story.

bitCrusher
Feb 27, 2013, 08:38 PM
Alright, so you can link your US PSN account with your Sega ID, but how will PSO2 on Vita handle content updates? Because if you have to download them through JP PSN, you basically effed up your ability to play this game on the Vita unless you make a completely new PSN and Sega ID.

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 08:42 PM
Alright, so you can link your US PSN account with your Sega ID, but how will PSO2 on Vita handle content updates? Because if you have to download them through JP PSN, you basically effed up your ability to play this game on the Vita unless you make a completely new PSN and Sega ID.

LOL, you realize I had to download an update to login in the first place right?

bitCrusher
Feb 27, 2013, 08:45 PM
LOL, you realize I had to download an update to login in the first place right?

you didn't mention that in the first post, but alright, good to know

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 09:02 PM
content updates would be handled like all software updates on vita: mandatory software update at launch.

Lashette
Feb 27, 2013, 09:14 PM
All I know is I got my Vita for one game in mind PSO2. lol

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 09:15 PM
I really dont get that at all

darkfalz16
Feb 27, 2013, 09:19 PM
can you use a US vita handheld though?

ZeroXRaven
Feb 27, 2013, 09:19 PM
All I know is I got my Vita for one game in mind PSO2. lol

I actually did as well actually. The other stuff helped my decision but ultimately it was for Phantasy Star. Played a ton of the Portable titles on PSP and bought the DS one as well. Handheld PSO games are my favorites. It's too bad this game has no offline mode though.

ZeroXRaven
Feb 27, 2013, 09:21 PM
can you use a US vita handheld though?

Yes you can

Lashette
Feb 27, 2013, 09:26 PM
was going to answer that question with a yes, and also you can use a JP PSN account on your US Vita

bitCrusher
Feb 27, 2013, 09:38 PM
content updates would be handled like all software updates on vita: mandatory software update at launch.

Okay, I had a feeling. Wow, this is great, I may not have to give up all my PSN purchases now

Mopop
Feb 27, 2013, 10:36 PM
Okay, I had a feeling. Wow, this is great, I may not have to give up all my PSN purchases now
Execept the client wont let you on if the versions don't match

IndigoNovember
Feb 27, 2013, 11:05 PM
Thank you so much backpack.

youcantcatchtheblue
Feb 27, 2013, 11:42 PM
Thank you for the info!!

Now all I want to know is if it's possible to UNLINK your US PSN account so that if the need arises you can link your JP PSN account to get DLC or whatever random stuff they might throw at us.

Crystal_Shard
Feb 27, 2013, 11:49 PM
Don't bet on that. If you don't dl the DLC from the JP store, it won't work and you need a JP SEN to get it in the first place... so yeah. This is how it worked on PSPo2i, and most times you had to redownload everything after unlinking an SEN ID.

ZeroXRaven
Feb 27, 2013, 11:57 PM
Can anyone confirm if this game has custom soundtracks on Vita?

youcantcatchtheblue
Feb 28, 2013, 12:12 AM
Don't bet on that. If you don't dl the DLC from the JP store, it won't work and you need a JP SEN to get it in the first place... so yeah. This is how it worked on PSPo2i, and most times you had to redownload everything after unlinking an SEN ID.

So... you could unlink in PSPo2i?
That's a good sign at least, hoping they do the same with PSO2

ignika98
Feb 28, 2013, 01:46 AM
Is it possible to unlink psn accounts from your sega ID? For example, if I download the F2P version, and link my psn account, will I be able to play with the physical version on my US psn with the same sega ID?

Crystal_Shard
Feb 28, 2013, 02:02 AM
So... you could unlink in PSPo2i?
That's a good sign at least, hoping they do the same with PSO2

Err, no. I meant that if you switched IDs on your PSP, or if you changed memory cards, you sometimes had to redownload everything again, otherwise it wouldn't activate. I don't think there was ever a way to delink a serial key from your PSN ID.

@ignika98: Best to assume no, unless you have the time to start new Sega ID and SEN ID accounts and play around with it.

エース
Feb 28, 2013, 03:26 AM
You know... you can play your own music on Vita anytime during the gameplay.

ANATAL
Feb 28, 2013, 05:19 AM
¿ From where can you import the game physical then ? It seems back ordered everywhere through : /

blace
Feb 28, 2013, 05:44 AM
The game is that popular, no surprise you have to back order the game.

Edit: Play-Asia still has the game in stock with free shippping. I probably should've waited instead of shelling the 5 bucks to have it mailed.

ANATAL
Feb 28, 2013, 05:53 AM
What is worries me most if to link SEGA ID to US/EU PSN Account , to find later that they ' ll put DLC or something useful you have to access to JP PSN to buy

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 28, 2013, 06:27 AM
Is it possible to unlink psn accounts from your sega ID? For example, if I download the F2P version, and link my psn account, will I be able to play with the physical version on my US psn with the same sega ID?

No, the Sega ID you'd be using now is japanese. you'd need an NA sega ID to play the NA version.

ANATAL
Feb 28, 2013, 06:32 AM
No, the Sega ID you'd be using now is japanese. you'd need an NA sega ID to play the NA version.

What is SEGA NA ID .....

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 28, 2013, 06:37 AM
NA Sega ID. North American O_o. As opposed to JP o_O

ANATAL
Feb 28, 2013, 06:40 AM
NA Sega ID. North American O_o. As opposed to JP o_O

Yeah but I meant that there is no NA SEGA ID

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 28, 2013, 06:42 AM
the hell there isn't. How do you think people played PSU and PSOBB?

ANATAL
Feb 28, 2013, 06:51 AM
the hell there isn't. How do you think people played PSU and PSOBB?

Let ' s see , one thing is to be allowed to play with a physical cartridge linking your U . S . / EU PSN ID to your SEGA ID , and another very different is that there is a SEGA ID other than Japanese

Until the game is not released in America and derivatives , no SEGA NA ID or anything like it . Japanese still and the website where you create it so is

ANATAL
Feb 28, 2013, 06:59 AM
I am not english speaker , that ' s why . I could let you speak my native languague , maybe we would have a laugh

Anyway I understood , but you edited your message so didn ' t make sense

SEGA ID is not based in 1 game , but all . So it exist , even if NA version of this is not out yet

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 28, 2013, 07:03 AM
I didn't edit anything. Japanese sega IDs only pertain to Japanese Sega games, not American ones. When the game is released in the US, you will need a different account. In the US when PSU came out we used playsega accounts and purchased guardians licenses. You're misinformed and you're giving people bad information.

ANATAL
Feb 28, 2013, 07:17 AM
You ' re . Because you dont know whether you can or not unlink accounts

You MAY be able to

- Using your JP PSN , DL the game client and use the SEGA ID to log in and play
- Switch back to your US PSN and log in using that ID

You dont even know if there ' s a linking system at all , probably there isn ' t , since you can log in with physical cartridge through your original PSN account , so servers ( PSN and SEGA ) are separated

blace
Feb 28, 2013, 07:27 AM
Accounts are linked upon starting the game. You cannot unlink the accounts once done.

As for ditferent regions, you have to create an account for that region.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 28, 2013, 07:42 AM
Vita version gets released, 50 new accounts are made, 2 of them actually have a clue.

Thanks Blace, felt like I was going to have to choke someone.

ANATAL
Feb 28, 2013, 07:45 AM
Again , please give me the link where SEGA clearly says that they wont unlink accounts

I am always talking about JP Version

I do know that , probably ( due changes in gameplay ) , you couldn ' t use your SEGA ID ( JP ) with your NA PSO Game ( IF it even gets released in VITA , which I highly doubt )

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 28, 2013, 07:50 AM
Dude they already said over 6 months ago that you'll have to create a new account. I'm not going to fish through almost a year of articles to prove to you what we already know and neither should anyone else. You go look it up.

blace
Feb 28, 2013, 07:54 AM
The message pops up after you log into your Sega ID. You can try for yourself in one of the two options, buy a new memory card and downloading the game, or back up your current data then format the memory card.

The message that pops up says something along the lines of not being able to alter the ID after you log in.

Whenever I start the game up, it will no longer prompt me to sign in with the Sega ID after I choose a ship. Instead I just choose my character and it sends me to the ships lobby.

Others can attest to it as well. Only on PC are you able to change accounts freely, but the Vita version locks the account.

ANATAL
Feb 28, 2013, 08:08 AM
What I am trying to figure is : ¿ Y they ' ll do this ? Just why PSN Account and SEGA ID are linked

I mean , if there were codes to redeem or content to buy from PSN store I could understand that

But this game is ' Free ' and you buy Ark Cash through SEGA ' s website using SEGA ID

Alenoir
Feb 28, 2013, 11:03 AM
Linking up the accounts allow you to not type in your password every time you sign into the game.

Because yes, we have to type in our password every. single. time. in the PC version.

Shadowth117
Feb 28, 2013, 11:09 AM
By the way, as most people thought the downloadable version will not work for this. Sorry. :/

youcantcatchtheblue
Feb 28, 2013, 11:29 AM
Whenever I start the game up, it will no longer prompt me to sign in with the Sega ID after I choose a ship. Instead I just choose my character and it sends me to the ships lobby.

That's a much clearer explanation, thanks!
I think the only thing left unclear is if say you have 2 Vitas, would you be able to log-in back and forth between the two even if the Vitas had different PSN accounts?

I guess I can just find out when my copy arrives... hopefully it won't be like "This SEGA ID is already in use, please use a different SEGA ID" because that would suck =/

Shadowth117
Feb 28, 2013, 01:31 PM
That's a much clearer explanation, thanks!
I think the only thing left unclear is if say you have 2 Vitas, would you be able to log-in back and forth between the two even if the Vitas had different PSN accounts?

I guess I can just find out when my copy arrives... hopefully it won't be like "This SEGA ID is already in use, please use a different SEGA ID" because that would suck =/

I don't believe so. I'm fairly sure the accounts are binded once you do this. You could always just use the memory card from the other vita though.

ANATAL
Feb 28, 2013, 04:51 PM
My only worry is if SEGA decides to launch an expansion and only put it digital for VITA . You should be able to access PSN store with your account in order to buy it , and probably the Japanese one

So it would get you stuck to the SEGA ID and linked PSN NA / EUR or foreign account you were in

Really , any content they put in Store to purchase , it would let you down with this system

Shadowth117
Feb 28, 2013, 05:00 PM
My only worry is if SEGA decides to launch an expansion and only put it digital for VITA . You should be able to access PSN store with your account in order to buy it , and probably the Japanese one

So it would get you stuck to the SEGA ID and linked PSN NA / EUR or foreign account you were in

Really , any content they put in Store to purchase , it would let you down with this system

This very issue was brought up earlier and yes, it would be a problem.

ANATAL
Feb 28, 2013, 05:06 PM
Then I ' d probably make sure that this does not happen , and directly create an JP PSN Account to play this and other games ( that they already have DLC s to buy in the store )

It ' s a risk , the truth

And also I would like to know where you redeem codes that come with the extra content in the physical version

ashley50
Feb 28, 2013, 05:10 PM
If its:

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX = in game (PC/Vita)

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX = PSN (JP of course, unless you're that...)

ANATAL
Feb 28, 2013, 05:13 PM
I am asking because it may be another issue , if you cant just redeem the codes you paid for with the physical game

Shadowth117
Feb 28, 2013, 05:28 PM
I am asking because it may be another issue , if you cant just redeem the codes you paid for with the physical game

No.... lol. Go to the vision phone and there should be an option near the bottom of the options for redeeming codes. All PSO2 codes that you redeem go there.

And worst case scenario, you'll likely be able to transfer over DLC items if we get them from another account if it comes down to it. However I don't think it'll end up coming to that since with the way AC and patches work in this. Its not impossible, but I don't see it happening.

ANATAL
Feb 28, 2013, 06:26 PM
No.... lol. Go to the vision phone and there should be an option near the bottom of the options for redeeming codes. All PSO2 codes that you redeem go there.

And worst case scenario, you'll likely be able to transfer over DLC items if we get them from another account if it comes down to it. However I don't think it'll end up coming to that since with the way AC and patches work in this. Its not impossible, but I don't see it happening.

I guess you mean that those codes are redeem in - game , rite ?

Anyway I dont understand what you mean with DLC . You cant pass them over different PSN accounts

I mean , if you are to buy DLC or even a full expansion , you will have to be in JP PSN tho

SilverFoxR
Feb 28, 2013, 06:42 PM
Good to know.

Now, maybe we can find out info on when they plan on actually releasing the US version of these games... >=/

youcantcatchtheblue
Mar 1, 2013, 01:48 PM
Ok yeah, I just tried it with my copy of the game and you can't switch PSN acounts...
it will say something like "This SEGA ID is already linked"

grrr, wish that they didn't have to make this so hard... would really suck if you accidentally link the wrong accounts together.

All my games are on my US PSN so it's really inconvenient to have to format my Vita everytime I want to switch between playing PSO2 and other games =/

blace
Mar 1, 2013, 01:50 PM
Ok yeah, I just tried it with my copy of the game and you can't switch PSN acounts...
it will say something like "This SEGA ID is already linked"

grrr, wish that they didn't have to make this so hard... would really suck if you accidentally link the wrong accounts together.

All my games are on my US PSN so it's really inconvenient to have to format my Vita everytime I want to switch between playing PSO2 and other games =/
Most people buy a second memory card for that purpose. 8 or 16GB was recommended for the game alone.

You can also skip the 5 minute opening sequence as well by inserting the memory card when it's playing and selecting to restart the system.

ANATAL
Mar 1, 2013, 01:55 PM
Most people buy a second memory card for that purpose. 8 or 16GB was recommended for the game alone.

You can also skip the 5 minute opening sequence as well by inserting the memory card when it's playing and selecting to restart the system.

Alongside with the new memory card , you need also to reset the system , right ? I ask because it seemed like that

blace
Mar 1, 2013, 01:56 PM
Alongside with the new memory card , you need also to reset the system , right ? I ask because it seemed like that
Yeah, you have to factory reset the system, by going to the settings and format the Vita or go through the Recovery Menu to reset it.

ANATAL
Mar 1, 2013, 01:58 PM
So its get a new memory card AND reset the system each time you want to switc PSN accounts

Darn , y they ' ll make things so hard ( not hard , but time consuming ) ?

Z__
Mar 1, 2013, 04:14 PM
OK, I made this account specifically to ask questions here.

Are your saves linked to your SEGA ID or PSN account? The reason I'm asking is because if SEGA ever does release PSO2 to NA, if it's linked to your PSN account, then you could just download the game from the NA store, sign in and use that rather than the cartridge, and still have all your progress, items, character, etc. Wouldn't that be awesome?

But since you sign in with your SEGA ID, then it seems that your saves are linked to it. So if it is, can you use that SEGA ID in a NA version version of PSO2 on the PC and/or VIta?

gigawuts
Mar 1, 2013, 04:17 PM
Lol no, everything is on sega's servers. It's not "linked" to anything. EVERYTHING is server-side. Why do you think duping doesn't exist?

blace
Mar 1, 2013, 04:19 PM
There's no cross region support, and the save is saved to Sega's servers.

Shadowth117
Mar 1, 2013, 05:48 PM
OK, I made this account specifically to ask questions here.

Are your saves linked to your SEGA ID or PSN account? The reason I'm asking is because if SEGA ever does release PSO2 to NA, if it's linked to your PSN account, then you could just download the game from the NA store, sign in and use that rather than the cartridge, and still have all your progress, items, character, etc. Wouldn't that be awesome?

But since you sign in with your SEGA ID, then it seems that your saves are linked to it. So if it is, can you use that SEGA ID in a NA version version of PSO2 on the PC and/or VIta?

The servers will be separate. So technically, linking both should be as simple as it would be if they were different games. Unless the servers aren't separate, in which case we all drool at the awesomeness sega allowed.

But yeah in all seriousness they'll probably be separate servers and you'll be able to link to both if you want.

youcantcatchtheblue
Mar 1, 2013, 10:10 PM

Yeah I only have 1 memory card right now so I have to do the whole shabang
- Back-up to PC
- Format Vita & memory card
- Restore from PC
everytime I want to switch accounts

It's ridiculous that Sony can't make it easier to switch accounts... it doesn' help either that memory cards are over the top expensive...

I bought the PSO2 cartridge so the game only takes up 1GB on my card right now and I feel like it's a waste to buy another memory card when I have soooo much free space =/

Softypolimer
Mar 4, 2013, 09:41 PM
So I picked up my import pso2 vita yesterday and decided to try it on my NA psn. After a (strangely) slow update downloaded, the game stated just fine ....until the first menu option that will asked you to log in gives me an error (C1-12391-6)

I feel like either creating a JP account (swap memory caed) or buying another vita just to play pso2 now

Shadowth117
Mar 4, 2013, 10:23 PM
So I picked up my import pso2 vita yesterday and decided to try it on my NA psn. After a (strangely) slow update downloaded, the game stated just fine ....until the first menu option that will asked you to log in gives me an error (C1-12391-6)

I feel like either creating a JP account (swap memory caed) or buying another vita just to play pso2 now

Apparently that's an update error of some kind. That's kinda strange :/

Softypolimer
Mar 4, 2013, 10:47 PM
Apparently that's an update error of some kind. That's kinda strange :/

Update error? Is it just me or anyone got this as well? I don't really feel like swap the memory card each time I wanted to play pso2. Any way to fix this error?

blace
Mar 4, 2013, 10:48 PM
There's a planned maintenance until 10PM PST.

Softypolimer
Mar 4, 2013, 11:20 PM
Let's try again later then.

Thx guys. I'm so desperate to play this game on vita.

Taigerr
Mar 5, 2013, 04:10 AM
Guys I am finding this weird, I have everything setup on a japanese account using the downloaded version of PSO2..... but I noticed in the menu that allows you to pick the name that appears above your character (in game) that I have a choice of my character name Flex, my Japanese PSN ID Defiant_Warriar AND OR MY UK PSN ID Ultim8warrior!!!! Now the only thing I can think of that is causing this is that I have an UK copy of AC3 that I played on my vita using my UK PSN (Ultim8warrior) and that game save is still showing up on my vita (mem card?) despite the fact that I had formatted the mem card when and factory reset my vita before downloading PSO2..... WTF????!!!!

Krion
Mar 23, 2013, 07:08 PM
If I buy the PSO2 cartridge can I play PS02 on my US account/memory card? Or would I still need a separate memory card for it.

RedRaz0r
Mar 23, 2013, 07:09 PM
If I buy the PSO2 cartridge can I play PS02 on my US account/memory card? Or would I still need a separate memory card for it.

You can do it on your US memory card with your US account, but beware of the patch sizes, right now theres about 2gb in patches you have to download

acpstunts
Jun 8, 2013, 09:45 PM
So is your PSO account linked to your psn account? Because i right off the bat thought i had to use my japanese psn account, now when I try on my US psn account i get an error logging in. Is it linked now? If so any way to change that?

blace
Jun 8, 2013, 10:36 PM
Your Sega ID and PSN ID are linked when you log in. The error you got is probably error no. 691, which means you already linked your Sega ID with your JP PSN ID.

As for changing that, you might be lucky like someone on here did when they emailed Sega about unlinking the accounta.

Yamishi
Jun 9, 2013, 12:18 AM
Your Sega ID and PSN ID are linked when you log in. The error you got is probably error no. 691, which means you already linked your Sega ID with your JP PSN ID.

As for changing that, you might be lucky like someone on here did when they emailed Sega about unlinking the accounta.

I've been meaning to find out about this, as well. Would the person who successfully de-linked their JP PSN and PSO2 accounts please stand up? :D

Also, we'll have to make sure that Episode 2 of PSO2 isn't DLC, otherwise we won't be able to download it to our US PSN account...

Ryo
Jun 9, 2013, 01:03 AM
Hi, that would be me. I did it.

Yamishi
Jun 9, 2013, 01:26 AM
Hi, that would be me. I did it.

Oh wise one, please impart your knowledge upon us. :D How did you do it?

Ryo
Jun 9, 2013, 01:32 AM
Oh wise one, please impart your knowledge upon us. :D How did you do it?

Just put a guide up on the forum. Let me know if you have any questions. Someone else had asked me for that info as well.

CodeName62
Jun 9, 2013, 05:14 PM
Would linking your JP PSO2 account to your US PSN account prevent you from linking your US PSO2 account (when it does release) to the same PSN account?

The Walrus
Jun 9, 2013, 05:22 PM
Possibly but the only way we could really find out is if they ever release it over which at this point seems unlikely :/