PDA

View Full Version : Possible criticism for SoJ?

Eikahe
Feb 27, 2013, 04:38 PM
Before you go on and prepare for a whine fest... trust me, none of that is in here whatsoever. Actually, I was wondering if someone from PSOW could go to the SoJ forums and post a few points of constructive criticism and see what sort of reaction that gets from other players. Since... if you toss everything into Google Translate, you get a horrible mess of a translation that screams 'YOU DON'T KNOW A WORD OF THIS LANGUAGE'

Either way, I wanted to bring up:

1 - Trading shouldn't have to be AC. I know they're going for a F2P business model and all, but some of the locks and limits on what you're able to do without it would be enough to scare away players from investing time in the game. The best way to model it would be to keep the basics open (trading and character creation) but offer more with AC (shops and extra character slots after you reach max... which could be a decent number like 3 or 4 characters before that point)

2 - Too many ships considering the current playerbase. I'm not sure how popular the later ships are, but I don't believe ships 9 and 10 among others are too busy or have enough players to really drive the MMO feeling they're going after. They probably would have been better off working with 6 ships to start with so that multiple blocks instead of a few standard ones could be full, and that would increase the chance of joining MPAs, running into new people... finding stuff and, with point 1 in place, trading with them, sharing finds... stuff like that.

3 - A SLIGHT XP boost to change over ECs would be kind of nice, to be honest. You're essentially doing two ECs back to back, so why not get two ECs worth of XP for it?

Either way, thoughts? Anyone brave enough to translate it? :O

supersonix9
Feb 27, 2013, 04:45 PM
this game's population is booming. believe me.

Railkune
Feb 27, 2013, 04:48 PM
I'll just take free trading for everyone and be fine honestly. I don't mind paying for Premium at all, but I still feel that one feature alone should be for all. Eh, we'll just have to see what happens.

Eikahe
Feb 27, 2013, 05:03 PM
I'll just take free trading for everyone and be fine honestly. I don't mind paying for Premium at all, but I still feel that one feature alone should be for all. Eh, we'll just have to see what happens.

See, that's EXACTLY what I've been saying! I've always been a single character kind of person, but I do know a bunch of altaholics that would be quickly turned off by the thought of having to invest all of their time in one character... even when the class system is designed to do that in the first place.

But that's what I mean - if no one really brings it up, then they'll assume it's fine the way it is.

Railkune
Feb 27, 2013, 05:05 PM
True, though I don't know how much posting it in the official forums will do. This is my first Sega game, so I don't know a thing about their customer service lol.

Eikahe
Feb 27, 2013, 05:11 PM
True... I figure it's worth a shot, at least. After all, the purpose of an open beta is to fix glitches, balance classes and play with features until it's release-ready.

Emizel
Feb 27, 2013, 05:14 PM
It's not in beta anymore. lol ^^;

I agree with you though. I think their premium model is a mess and I doubt typical NA players will stand for it (non PSO fanboys that is)

I also have no idea why there's so many ships considering all the blocks. they'll probably merge a bunch of them eventually.

UnLucky
Feb 27, 2013, 05:19 PM
Their AC system is messed, but I doubt they'll change any of it.

A bunch of the ships filled up pretty fast at first, and still host a healthy population even now. Some are low pop, of course, but some people prefer it that way.

I thought you did get the reward for the first code now, unless it goes from Duel -> Capture. There is still whatever dropped from the code spawns, so it's not totally unrewarding.

pso2love
Feb 27, 2013, 05:25 PM

This! And lower prices for AC.

The Walrus
Feb 27, 2013, 05:30 PM
Eh the price of AC is fine as is. Neither it nor the AC cost for stuff will go down unless people just stop buying AC.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 05:30 PM
I will forever hate changeover: capture. I can't even begin to count the number of times that my friends and I fail, not become we dont know what to do, or are uncoordinated, but because by the time Helga or whoever comes up and says "hey bro, don't kill it" it's already dead. between WB, CT and anything/Fi, shit just dies before the changeover notice pops up.

We used to laugh about it, but now it's just annoying.

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 05:33 PM

Thing is, you can't really give trading to people without giving them shops. Others wise you get shady things going with those. I'm sure the last thing they want is to deal with trade disputes because someone got scammed.

Railkune
Feb 27, 2013, 05:34 PM
I suppose that would be annoying. I just hate having to deal with Range on Change Over: Capture. Killing the thing is fine, but it can be annoying when I need to capture it.

UnLucky
Feb 27, 2013, 05:35 PM
A lot of people just fail the Captures on purpose because it's not worth doing. Sucks for the change overs though cause at least you were promised extra EXP/MST for your efforts.

MetalDude
Feb 27, 2013, 05:37 PM
Zesh and Ragne are the absolute worst outside of Ruins De Malmoths which somehow behave differently than their native bretheren (You're an inch away from me? SNOOOOOWBAAAALLLLS). Wolga used to be really annoying but you can at least count on him to move towards you. That and Caterdra'n/nsa have an extremely annoying capture target where the center of their body absolutely has to be inside the capture.

Eikahe
Feb 27, 2013, 05:43 PM
The issue with Wolga is that if everyone isn't inside the cage with him, he'll pick someone outside that's trying to mash E and LOLJUMP. And then there goes a wasted attempt.

Requiem Aeternam
Feb 27, 2013, 06:00 PM
Change Over Code: Captures are the worst for someone who plays solo. There's almost no way to keep it in the cage. Even breaking one of Ragne's legs doesn't stun her long enough to activate the terminal :nono:

MetalDude
Feb 27, 2013, 06:02 PM
Rockbears, Mizers, and Wolgas are probably the only reasonable ones to solo capture and it's stretching it with Wolgas as it really depends where the capture is.