PDA

View Full Version : Please read this if you complain about dupers

Folken3
Mar 6, 2001, 12:48 PM
Ok let me start off by saying this: I have been playing online games since Diablo came out back in 1995, I was there for the mass amounts of cheating and hacking that went on at the time, and I found that there was an easy solution to cheaters if you don't like them: DO NOT PLAY WITH THEM. It's that simple. I do not cheat, I do not want to cheat so I do not play with cheaters. I say that if duping is the only way that they can find joy in the game (fools) more power to them, just don't come into my game and start flaunting everything trying to impress me. I don't care. It's that simple people just ignore them. You guys are whining about the market being flooded with rares thus de-valuing you finds, that cracks me up. I'm level 74 and have yet to find a double saber but when I do find one it will be one of my most prized possessions, I don't care if Billy at lvl 5 has three. What matters is that I found one. I think most of you people need to stop worring about what other people do and just play. If you need someting to worry about, worry if the guy who just joined your game is gonna swipe your stuff if you die, not if his weapon is duped, worry if his weapon is stolen.

Ambrai
Mar 6, 2001, 12:55 PM
I agree and thats why I have implimented a new policy dumping all duping posts into cheaters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_cool.gif. It's just beating a dead horse.

ScaraB
Mar 6, 2001, 03:17 PM
So, you're saying that in a game meant to be played with the world, you should isolate yourself because of cheaters AND BE HAPPY ABOUT IT??

Sorry, to me that's not a satisfactory solution.

ScaraB
Mar 6, 2001, 03:18 PM
And yes Ambrai I guess it is like beating a dead horse - the dead horse being PSO.

Ratsmack
Mar 6, 2001, 05:19 PM
Nice point, Scarab. Personally, I have nothing against cheating discussions dumped in cheaters, I'll just respond here. Still, cheating is part of just about every issue, and it'll be a hard thing to pick and choose which is about cheating and which is not. I'm not going to respond to folken's blathering, because it's honestly been said in the exact same words more than a hundred times. "Don't play with them" Golly! Why didn't I think of that! Oh, yeah, because this is a team-based game and you can't kick out people you don't like. Duh. Duh. And duh.

Loden
Mar 6, 2001, 08:15 PM
It's unfortunate that you to posted your thoughts here Folken. Just share your thoughts with others who aren't so judgmental of everyone else in the game. I for one will not play with a cheater and I have yet to be online when some of my friends in my cards list is not. Therefore it is a valid point and seeing how they only interact with 4 at a time it's funny to me too how the WORLD is brought into this issue when it's really you and three other people (if it's a full group). I don't feel isolated from the rest of the world and neither do my friends who make this game a blast still. That is, WITH the cheaters running around in their own games, WITH the dupers running around in their own games, we are just as happy now as we were before this outbreak. Rest assured that there are others who feel as you do and aren't so quick to slam you just because you made a valid point, even if they didn't agree with it.

If I didn't agree with ya I still wouldn't sit here and slam you over something like that. Happens to everyone who post similar content. You are not a cheater, nor do you condone it. You just choose to live without it. Yet they still stone you on this forum. The people here are nice folks from what I can tell just too passionate about trivial matters such as dupes and cheats which You <Loden points to you> absolutely HAVE to allow to affect you.

Loden

MSZ-016
Mar 6, 2001, 08:23 PM
you are right in that you cannot kick ppl out of your game. but if you want to avoid dupers (fools), just make a private game and play with ppl you know or trust. i've been playing with same 2-3 ppl online for about 2 months now. it's great. although one guy got a needle (traded for his knukles) but he doesn't go around and kill everything. at least he gives us chance to kill and gain xp by paralyzing them. =_)

Ratsmack
Mar 6, 2001, 09:41 PM
Whaaaaaaaat? Okay, so...they cheat...and...we'll just leave the game to them. Something seems wrong there. All right, so I should not go on a game with new people just because there's cheaters hanging around, and I should just go to some specifically designated place to hide from them? Yes, well, that's sort of messed up. You see, I'd say that CHEATERS should make their own damned rooms and leave everything else to the decent, honorable players. You all may be in favor of just backing down and saying "Oh, well", but personally, I'm not.

nei
Mar 7, 2001, 03:30 AM
i would like to make the comment that the stupidity around this message is thick, i mean have any of you that stoned folken ever played an online game before? I have played many of all types. I have done the FPS, the role playing types, and the real time strats. cheating happens and you learn to deal with with. folken choose his way to deal with and all you do is whine about it. i want one of you to come up with a better answer than the one that folken came up with. No, no takers on that one? then you may be quiet.

DW
Mar 7, 2001, 10:29 AM
Avoiding cheaters is impossible, but what sega should have done was to have characters saved on the server, "to avoid duping.", AND when you die the weapon stays on you. I can understand if sega wants you to lose something but god damn not the weapon! Thats like your pride and joy. sheesh.... Lets ruin a guy day by having the weapon drop and some other fool takes it. =(

Jaysat102
Mar 7, 2001, 11:45 AM
I agree with the theory of not playing with cheaters. I understand that alot of people just can't log the tremendous hrs. on PSO that some of us can. Does that mean they shouldn't experience what it's like to smack up a werebeast with a great and rare weapon..or be stuck playing normal mode just because they don't have the time to spend 90 hrs. gettin' their "level up" on..**oh yeah,my fav. time of day. Just don't play with them if it bothers you so much...Find your items your way, let them find theirs another...and enjoy your game without worrying what the next guy is doing..i don't//Master Sa...the wise and generous!!!