PDA

View Full Version : How do i kill an Ark imposter

wetro01
Feb 28, 2013, 12:09 AM
:( i killed me in seconds

Xaeris
Feb 28, 2013, 12:13 AM
Their level doesn't scale them that well, so a Lv 20 clone is fighting more or less at the same strength as a Lv 50 clone, so if you ran into one in Hard mode, don't despair. They're really just kinda OP for lower levels. To kill them at a lower level, you want some means of inflicting poison or burn. If you can do that, it's just a matter of outrunning them, or stunlocking them while their health ticks down.

wetro01
Feb 28, 2013, 12:33 AM
Their level doesn't scale them that well, so a Lv 20 clone is fighting more or less at the same strength as a Lv 50 clone, so if you ran into one in Hard mode, don't despair. They're really just kinda OP for lower levels. To kill them at a lower level, you want some means of inflicting poison or burn. If you can do that, it's just a matter of outrunning them, or stunlocking them while their health ticks down.

i see...i was just shocked honestly it was brutal xD

Mekhana
Feb 28, 2013, 01:15 AM
My first clone I ran into I kept doing only 1 damage to them. It actually took me several levels until I managed to make actual damage.

Railkune
Feb 28, 2013, 01:57 AM
A question I've been meaning to ask actually, but do they keep the same exp as the Ark they were cloned after during their abduction, or is it changed/scaled depending on the difficulty you choose?

Rakurai
Feb 28, 2013, 02:26 AM
Their level scales based on what the level range of the area you encounter them in is, though I've noticed little difference in their strength outside of their HP.

Ever since I learned that they have a very limited aggro range compared to standard enemies, they've never given me any trouble.

It's just a matter of knocking them down when they spawn so you can get out of range, then whittling down their HP by inflicting poison or burn with ranged attacks. That and hoping their original self didn't decide to be a troll by equipping armor with massive amounts of dark and/or fire resist to make themselves immune to the status effects in question...

oratank
Feb 28, 2013, 02:52 AM
if u can kill by yourself then call your friend they will joy to kill any clone u meet

Exiled_Gundam
Feb 28, 2013, 03:00 AM
Hmm met the clone when I'm at level 30ish.. get 1-shotted by them at first (got ambushed as they suddenly can appear right in front of you, then I got hit by Foie). Returned back to the campship, and engaged them again from afar (I'm Force btw). Sabarta works quite well to prevent them from closing in :P

wetro01
Mar 4, 2013, 07:48 AM
I got my ass wooped lol by those clones man

wetro01
Mar 4, 2013, 07:49 AM
If they can pull this off why dont they have a pvp system?

blace
Mar 4, 2013, 08:00 AM
As you can see with how clones are now, balance issues.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 4, 2013, 08:18 AM
Force clones are heavinly OP right now. Most think this clone stuff is sega testing for a possible future PvP system.

How I deal with clones, as GU/RA: Weak Bullet, then spam the hell out of Elder Rebellion.

As HU/TE: Juggle them with either Ein Rakkete on Gunslash or Razan and hit them while they are on the floor. Repeat this and they will die eventually, it just takes time.

TaigaUC
Mar 4, 2013, 08:25 AM
GiFoie seems to make short work of large clone groups.

Zenobia
Mar 4, 2013, 08:40 AM
Heh try doing Stun Coincide spam for the LOLS~

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2013, 08:59 AM
other spin, gibarta, grenade shot, depending on your class

keep 'em flinched, stunned, vacuumed, and knocked down

Coatl
Mar 4, 2013, 09:42 AM
Clones + zondeel = profit.
Clones are a nightmare without a FO, and a joke with one.

Zenobia
Mar 4, 2013, 10:13 AM
Clones + zondeel = profit.
Clones are a nightmare without a FO, and a joke with one.

We alrdy know FO is the prime example of EASY lol

Honestly you dun even need to be FO ot be able to trample clones.

Wired lance=Other spin=Stun lock+mob gather Other Cyclone is even good

Partisin=Slide shaker, Rising Flag and Zenit throw.

Sword=Sonic arrow=Save Approach Rising Slash Twister fall and Nova Strike for KD

Stun Concido for stun lock.

Dagger=Raging waltz,Shoot Polka,Dark Scherzo

I could go on but i notice you're talking from a FO's point of view even though im doing the same talking from a HU point FO isn't the only one who can make clones look like a joke.

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2013, 10:17 AM
How to easily handle clones because flinch, stun, knockdown, and flinch (again) are hysterically broken:

Other Spin + Normal Hits + Cerberus Dance = lol

Talis + Zondeel + anything, zapped or not = lol

Any weapon + gibarta spam = lol

manually aimed grenade shell = lol

diffuse shell = lol

elder rebellion = lol

dead approach = lol

divine launcher = lol

Zenobia
Mar 4, 2013, 10:29 AM
How to easily handle clones because flinch, stun, knockdown, and flinch (again) are hysterically broken:

Other Spin + Normal Hits + Cerberus Dance = lol

Talis + Zondeel + anything, zapped or not = lol

Any weapon + gibarta spam = lol

manually aimed grenade shell = lol

diffuse shell = lol

elder rebellion = lol

dead approach = lol

divine launcher = lol

That moment when the clones uses all of what you just said above.

I particularly hate Clones who edler rebellion there asses off damn that's annoying and getting shot with a WB...LOL then the hurt rly comes in.

Also for the life of me I hate...and i can't stress this enough i hate clones with Rafoie...flinches the shit outta me.

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2013, 10:41 AM
Yup, that's what's so broken about flinch, stun, and knockdown: Either deal it first or you die while watching yourself in repetitive stumble animations where you have zero control or ability to do anything but type.

Coatl
Mar 4, 2013, 12:31 PM
Heaven forbid the hunter clone taps you with his sword.
There goes half your HP. ^^;

And you know death's knocking on your door when a FO clone sucks you up with zondeel and you have the three other clones right besides you.

o0Kais0o
Mar 4, 2013, 04:45 PM
The first clone I fought was a Gunner/Ranger, seeing weak point appear on my character was slightly terrifying lol. But then I remembered I had a poison gunslash and everything was ok ^_^

Skyly HUmar
Mar 4, 2013, 04:48 PM
I had a funny clone fight the other day, I got cloned again, this time with people X.x. So we all go hunting together. First thing that happens, I get NaZan'd into my clone's rising edge and he hits me for 800ish ._.

Zenobia
Mar 4, 2013, 05:34 PM
That moment when your fighting and 4 arks clones gank you.....<3

Blackheart521
Mar 4, 2013, 05:39 PM
I had a funny clone fight the other day, I got cloned again, this time with people X.x. So we all go hunting together. First thing that happens, I get NaZan'd into my clone's rising edge and he hits me for 800ish ._.

He was getting back at you for Soloing his Darker brethren haha ^^;

Syklo
Mar 4, 2013, 05:39 PM
Group of clones?

Panic.
That is all.

(or poison)

TaigaUC
Mar 4, 2013, 08:31 PM
Is there a way to face your own clones aside from Abduction or is it totally random?

Skyly HUmar
Mar 4, 2013, 09:33 PM
Is there a way to face your own clones aside from Abduction or is it totally random?

You dont get cloned unless you are abducted and you cant fight your clone unless you clear the den.