PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Japanese, English, and Vita version compatibility question.

GaronThe7th
Feb 28, 2013, 03:43 PM
I have a question regarding compatibility between games. As we all know the Japanese version for PSO2 is out, and they have yet to release the English version, yet have released a Vita version of the game.

My question is if I download the Japanese PC game, could I use the account or character(s) there in the English version when it comes out? Could I transfer them to the Vita version as well?

Or in another scenario, if I got the Vita version, could i transfer the character(s) from there to the PC English version when it comes out??

At the end of it all, all us English speakers can admit that in terms of actually understanding the game best, we need to use the English version. But I want to know if i spend godly amounts of time on the Japanese version, will it all be worth it?

Thankyou much, would love a response,... I'll give u sugar :-P

Sizustar
Feb 28, 2013, 03:52 PM
I have a question regarding compatibility between games. As we all know the Japanese version for PSO2 is out, and they have yet to release the English version, yet have released a Vita version of the game.

My question is if I download the Japanese PC game, could I use the account or character(s) there in the English version when it comes out? Could I transfer them to the Vita version as well?

Or in another scenario, if I got the Vita version, could i transfer the character(s) from there to the PC English version when it comes out??

At the end of it all, all us English speakers can admit that in terms of actually understanding the game best, we need to use the English version. But I want to know if i spend godly amounts of time on the Japanese version, will it all be worth it?

Thankyou much, would love a response,... I'll give u sugar :-P

The current version is the same as the Japanese version on the PC with some content locked to each, but with server sharing for both.
So it is not likely to allow transfer of different language version.

Link1275
Feb 28, 2013, 04:45 PM
You may be able to use the same account though, however the two games would be two different services so you wouldn't get to keep your character.

Zipzo
Feb 28, 2013, 07:48 PM
I'm curious what even gives people an inkling of hope or curiousity in the idea that you can transfer your characters from the JP version to the US version....I mean has there EVER been ANY foreign game that once finally localized did this that makes people think its possible? I haven't heard of it.

Sizustar
Feb 28, 2013, 07:53 PM
I'm curious what even gives people an inkling of hope or curiousity in the idea that you can transfer your characters from the JP version to the US version....I mean has there EVER been ANY foreign game that once finally localized did this that makes people think its possible? I haven't heard of it.

It's like a unicorn~

ANATAL
Feb 28, 2013, 07:54 PM
If when game is launched outside Japan , servers were the same for everyone , I do not see why you could not share the ID

But this is SEGA , and as usually they ll probably will split by region the servers ( to save money, of course )

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 28, 2013, 07:56 PM
It's like a unicorn~

As in it only appears for female virgins?

blace
It's not just Sega, any game that has multiple region releases is locked to that region.

SociableTyrannosaur
If when game is launched outside Japan , servers were the same for everyone , I do not see why you could not share the ID

But this is SEGA , and as usually they ll probably will split by region the servers ( to save money, of course )

They've already announced that the servers will be separate.

ANATAL
Feb 28, 2013, 08:02 PM
If the game is the same , the servers themselves and the company that publishes it the same , no explanation

I know that is what usually happens with MMOs , but usually because they are launched by foreign companies outside Japan

SEGA made the game , SEGA will publish the game , so is simply to save money ( or annoy , or all at once )

Sizustar
Feb 28, 2013, 08:04 PM
If the game is the same , the servers themselves and the company that publishes it the same , no explanation

I know that is what usually happens with MMOs , but usually because they are launched by foreign companies outside Japan

SEGA made the game , SEGA will publish the game , so is simply to save money ( or annoy , or all at once )

Except Sega is split into Sega of Japan for the Japanese area, Sega of America for US area, Sega of Europe for Europe, and Sega of Korea for Korea, so it's not one company that's responsible.
Sega of Japan is only responsible for the Japanese version of PSO2
Sega of America is responsible for the US release, etc.

Zipzo
Mar 5, 2013, 09:08 PM

SEGA made the game , SEGA will publish the game , so is simply to save money ( or annoy , or all at once )あなたがゲーマーじゃない。。。if the concept of separate region locked servers for a game is some kind of alien concept to you.

The only excuse anyone had to even ask the question before they absolutely confirmed that the servers would not be linked anyway, was that the first PSO was international. Pretty much a vast majority of all games being released in the age that PSO2 saw release have quite regularly been region locked and shared between a variety of publishers that are prepared to serve their according country efficiently (I say this loosely as some would disagree that SEGA does their work "efficiently").

Mopop
Mar 5, 2013, 09:41 PM
Can I switch my english account to Japanese?

Link1275
Mar 5, 2013, 09:54 PM
Can I switch my english account to Japanese?
This is not confirmed, however it may be possible that you could use a JP Sega account to sign up for the service. Again, this is not confirmed and no one knows for certain. This probably won't work, but it may(depending on how they set registration for the game service up).