PDA

View Full Version : Vita vs. PC question.

Asmodios
Feb 28, 2013, 05:04 PM
I really only want to know one thing. I just read that the vita version has smaller maps, fewer enemies, and fewer events (like emergency missions and codes). I wanted to know if these are permanent. I really am enjoying the vita version, but knowing that i'm not able to slaughter everything PSO2 has to offer is going to nag at the back of my mind. Basically, will we ever get everything PSO2 has to offer on the Vita?

blace
Feb 28, 2013, 05:07 PM
It's done this way to optimize the game for the Vita. It won't be able to handle the larger enemy count, and size of a given area and still be able to run as smoothly as it can.

ANATAL
Feb 28, 2013, 05:09 PM
Someone who is playing in VITA ( and also has or is already playing it on PC too ) could tell us how the game runs , optimization and other

Anduril
Feb 28, 2013, 05:11 PM
These are in place because they needed to take into account what the Vita can do. Emergency Quests are time based on the ship, so those are available to all players at the same time. Vita players still get all the same content: maps are only relatively smaller, and fewer enemies just means that less spawn at a time not that there are some enemies that don't appear (example based on the PC/Vita shared blocks: Marathon Training Naberius II usually starts with a large spawn consisting of Oodans and Gulfs, but, when on the PC/Vita blocks, only one enemy type will spawn at a time, and the next will spawn once the first wave is cleared; the number of enemies fought is the same, but they are spread across two waves instead of one). As a bonus, PSE Bursts start out with 30 extra seconds on the Vita version.

Z-0
Feb 28, 2013, 05:12 PM
It's more like PSE Effects themselves last for 1:30 instead of for a minute before they expire (although yes, PSE bursts last longer too).

Mopop
Feb 28, 2013, 05:25 PM
Is it me or does vita drop less quest items?

Z-0
Feb 28, 2013, 05:28 PM
Just you.

If you're referring to Toro's CO, I think it's supposed to be like that.

Shadowth117
Feb 28, 2013, 05:31 PM
Vita actually runs relatively smoothly most of the time. Even in Darker's Den with hordes around you, it still goes alright. Amduscia TA however has terrible, terrible frame drops in parts for whatever reason. It varies I guess.

Asmodios
Feb 28, 2013, 05:33 PM
These are in place because they needed to take into account what the Vita can do. Emergency Quests are time based on the ship, so those are available to all players at the same time. Vita players still get all the same content: maps are only relatively smaller, and fewer enemies just means that less spawn at a time not that there are some enemies that don't appear (example based on the PC/Vita shared blocks: Marathon Training Naberius II usually starts with a large spawn consisting of Oodans and Gulfs, but, when on the PC/Vita blocks, only one enemy type will spawn at a time, and the next will spawn once the first wave is cleared; the number of enemies fought is the same, but they are spread across two waves instead of one). As a bonus, PSE Bursts start out with 30 extra seconds on the Vita version.

Dude, you have made me feel much better. I guess I misinterpreted what the article was saying. thank you so much.

EvilMag
Feb 28, 2013, 06:01 PM
Vita actually runs relatively smoothly most of the time. Even in Darker's Den with hordes around you, it still goes alright. Amduscia TA however has terrible, terrible frame drops in parts for whatever reason. It varies I guess.

I have a question about Amduscia TA on Vita. Does Vita still have the UI disappear glitch in that quest?

Z-0
Feb 28, 2013, 06:26 PM
Yes, it happens in all the TA quests (does on PC as well, although Amduscia is the worst culprit since it happens at the worst times), and it does on Vita tooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Worse on there since you need it to be up to use the subpalette.