PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Chrome dragon story theory [potential spoilers]

Agitokatana
Mar 1, 2013, 08:44 AM
Alright so I imagine by now most of you have seen that new girl and the chrome dragon but one thing I noticed is that [SPOILERS START HERE] the symbol that appears around her with that invisibility/whatever thing is the same as the one on the 6 elite arks(六芒均衡) see here:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/lnTFola.jpg [/SPOILER-BOX]

and in event tablet text she says that the chrome dragon is a traitor

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/rMbMkdY.jpg [/SPOILER-BOX]

and she's seen with it here which if I'm not mistaken is a magazine scan

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Bu0ZT6u.jpg [/SPOILER-BOX]
which in turn could mean that the chrome dragon is somehow affiliated with arks or perhaps an experiment of theirs etc.

this is purely speculation and I haven't played the vita stories yet so that's all I really have to go on but it seems reasonable enough because there's been a missing spot in the 6 heroes and I'm pretty sure that's the only place you see this symbol

added note: I just saw a screenshot in another thread and her name was kuna which is the name of the pop idol??? lots of questions not enough answers
feel free to leave your own feedback etc. :)

Nikoshae
Mar 1, 2013, 09:16 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if she winds up being the dragon or the dragon was a piece of her or something ... I've seen it before =p

I am curious about this, though. Unfortunately I do not have Vita, so I won't know first-hand :(

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 1, 2013, 09:19 AM
SPOILER:

Arks are just a dream.

Kuna is the dreamer.

The Chrome Dragon is the turtle.

[SPOILER]Huey is the walrus.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

BIG OLAF
Mar 1, 2013, 04:57 PM
Chrome Dragon is Xeno reincarnated!!!!!!!!111111111111111111!

gigawuts
Mar 1, 2013, 05:03 PM
SPOILER:

Arks are just a dream.

Kuna is the dreamer.

The Chrome Dragon is the turtle.

[SPOILER]Huey is the walrus.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER]goo goo g'joob[/SPOILER-BOX]

Also, I really hope it surfaces that the government has been experimenting on alien species and this dude is from some planet we didn't even know they'd been doing shit on.

I miss government conspiracies in PS.

NoiseHERO
Mar 1, 2013, 05:05 PM
Shounen kid is an elitie arkz?

That guy...

We must have the same spirit animal.

Shadowth117
Mar 1, 2013, 05:46 PM

Also, I really hope it surfaces that the government has been experimenting on alien species and this dude is from some planet we didn't even know they'd been doing shit on.

Definitely gotta agree here. I love those kinds of stories.

BIG OLAF
Mar 1, 2013, 05:47 PM
I'm quite partial to the "oh shit i was working for the REAL bad guys the whole time and they just made me kill off all their opposition?" stories that then have you go on a revenge warpath to make things right.

D-Inferno
Mar 1, 2013, 06:11 PM
I wonder if it's a "traitor" to the Profound Darkness, since they said that the Chrome Dragon isn't a darker, despite having that dark red aura to it's attacks (plus it eating Darkers).

gigawuts
Mar 1, 2013, 06:32 PM
I wonder if it's a "traitor" to the Profound Darkness, since they said that the Chrome Dragon isn't a darker, despite having that dark red aura to it's attacks (plus it eating Darkers).

I'd really like this path too, actually.

Falz has been experimenting on native creatures, and this thing takes no shit. Falz pursues it and it continues to TAKE NO SHIT.

Maximum Burst
Mar 1, 2013, 08:29 PM
If you go through the story、you find out that Kuna holds the position of "0" within the "6 Elite Arks" (probably not the best way to translate 六芒均衡, but that's a tough one); meaning there could actually be 7 of them.

For those curious, Legias is "1" (1st generation), Maria is "2", Kasura is "3" (2nd generation), Clarice Claes is "5" (3rd generation), and Huey is "6". These positions are reserved for the most distinguished of Arks, but Clarice Claes appears to be some sort of exception. I'm guessing it's because that position goes to whoever can control the staff "Clarissa". The person who holds the position of "4" is still unknown, so be on the lookout for NPCs with the insignia described in the first post.

Edit:Unspoilered

Sparzyle
Mar 1, 2013, 08:43 PM
So the Six Elite Arks are:
2 Casts
2 Newmans
2 Humans?

5st Elite Ark must be a female human (Kuna?)

Alenoir
Mar 2, 2013, 02:15 AM
The guidebook supposedly listed Sara as the 4th, but I don't think I've seen the emblem on her. (Then again she doesn't appear often.)

Anyways.

[spoiler-box]One of the event tablets for Chrome Dragon have not-Kuna(?) described Chrome Dragon as a being that absolutely hated darkers and will kill them no matter what. Suspecting Chrome was either an intelligent being that have gone... traitor, or a mutant test subject/arks.[/spoiler-box]

Rien
Mar 2, 2013, 03:02 AM
You can fight along Sara in the Arks battle fiesta sidestory quest so you should look there.

Kion
Mar 2, 2013, 04:44 AM
If you go through the story、you find out that Kuna holds the position of "0" within the "6 Elite Arks" (probably not the best way to translate 六芒均衡, but that's a tough one); meaning there could actually be 7 of them.

For those curious, Legias is "1" (1st generation), Maria is "2", Kasura is "3" (2nd generation), Clarice Claes is "5" (3rd generation), and Huey is "6". These positions are reserved for the most distinguished of Arks, but Clarice Claes appears to be some sort of exception. I'm guessing it's because that position goes to whoever can control the staff "Clarissa". The person who holds the position of "4" is still unknown, so be on the lookout for NPCs with the insignia described in the first post.

Elite Six actually has a pretty good ring to it. Arika called it the 'Six Pillars of Arks' which I think is a pretty damn good wording for it, except it's too long. 'The Council of Six' is what Qwerty shortened it to for the story patch. Kind of lacks impact, but I guess it works.

Two things to add in there Maria is Legias' sister. There's a conversation with Huey where he mentions that "both Legias and his sister have over 40 years of combat experience". And in the Afin conversation I just translated, Clarisa Claes second generation was the one who fought off Dark Falz in the attack ten years ago, but died after fighting which is why the current Clarisa was promoted into the three hero's.

Also, since the thread already has a spoiler tag on it, I think you can mention this without needing to black out everything. ^^;

Maximum Burst
Mar 2, 2013, 07:41 AM
I'm not sure if Maria is Legias' sister. I've only read that Huey calls her "姐さん", which doesn't necessarily imply any actual familial relationship.

Sizustar
Mar 2, 2013, 08:07 AM
I'm not sure if Maria is Legias' sister. I've only read that Huey calls her "姐さん", which doesn't necessarily imply any actual familial relationship.

That's Nee-san, usually means older sister or sis.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 2, 2013, 08:12 AM
Yeah but they often use nee-san as a way of showing respect/admiration to older women, too.

Maximum Burst
Mar 2, 2013, 08:55 AM
It's important to consider the kanji used. "姐" is typically used when referring to just someone you are showing respect towards, while "姉" is more often used for relatives or people you are very close to.

TheAstarion
Mar 2, 2013, 10:57 AM
I'd really like this path too, actually.

Falz has been experimenting on native creatures, and this thing takes no shit. Falz pursues it and it continues to TAKE NO SHIT.

This isn't too silly. Chrome looks a lot more like the PSU SEED rather than the insect, fish or stone-golem Darkers.

For what seemed like a long time, the insect-type Darkers wouldn't appear in golem-type Darker areas. It's not until you see dagans and breeders in the tundra in storymode that this is disproven (Volcave EQ, Amaduscia TA and ruins came a while after this).

As for Not-Kamina... I always thought he was just a large ham with an inflated self-opinion.

Resanoca
Mar 2, 2013, 11:38 AM
The guidebook supposedly listed Sara as the 4th, but I don't think I've seen the emblem on her. (Then again she doesn't appear often.)

Anyways.

[spoiler-box]One of the event tablets for Chrome Dragon have not-Kuna(?) described Chrome Dragon as a being that absolutely hated darkers and will kill them no matter what. Suspecting Chrome was either an intelligent being that have gone... traitor, or a mutant test subject/arks.[/spoiler-box]
She doesn't have the emblem on her. She has the ARKS star mark with "GO" over it.

gigawuts
Mar 2, 2013, 02:46 PM
This isn't too silly. Chrome looks a lot more like the PSU SEED rather than the insect, fish or stone-golem Darkers.

For what seemed like a long time, the insect-type Darkers wouldn't appear in golem-type Darker areas. It's not until you see dagans and breeders in the tundra in storymode that this is disproven (Volcave EQ, Amaduscia TA and ruins came a while after this).

As for Not-Kamina... I always thought he was just a large ham with an inflated self-opinion.

I've had a suspicion that Falz is just creating new "species" of darkers as he goes, either by...
1. Developing corrections to weaknesses in existing darkers as they die
2. Regaining strength to develop additional types
3. Regaining access to pre-existing resources as he regains strength, like maybe these are element-based creatures
4. Or Falz has found entirely planets that we don't even know exist, and is corrupting creatures native to them.

Now, most of these options are pretty cliche. But, that said, I still find 4 and 3 intriguing if it means we get to find a planet inhabited by uncorrupted darkers (so long as they actually behave a bit differently...let's not go reskinning the entire darker line of enemies and calling them "new" for a new planet). For 3, some time ago someone pointed out that these may be element-based, when I realized that the infection polyp for boosted enemies is weak to fire/lightning/ice. Could ice-weak darkers be what we get next?

edit: Also, for most enemies it seems that they're a species. There are multiple ragnes like there are multiple dagans, and multiple rockbears, multiple banbans, etc. For anything unique we get an animation of them escaping (hunar, elder falz). But chrome just keeps showing up without despawning, and he actually dies. This is something that should be considered here. This had to have been intentional. Is he reincarnating? Are there copies? Do they all have that bandage on their horn, or...?

cyanprime
Mar 2, 2013, 06:11 PM

I have awakened from slumber to say that THIS! This right here is why EP2 was so awesome! and I'd love to see more of it in PSO2!

Zenobia
Mar 2, 2013, 06:31 PM
I'm quite partial to the "oh shit i was working for the REAL bad guys the whole time and they just made me kill off all their opposition?" stories that then have you go on a revenge warpath to make things right.

Would like this turn of events.

Also man the way Chrome just eats those darkers with a clean heart and kind soul i realy start thinking he's on our side and because he hates darkers so much we are just in his way because he wants to get at Dark Falzie so he really doesn't give a fawk about anything except Falz!!

bardiche
Mar 2, 2013, 07:10 PM
[spoiler-box]
I've had a suspicion that Falz is just creating new "species" of darkers as he goes, either by...
1. Developing corrections to weaknesses in existing darkers as they die
2. Regaining strength to develop additional types
3. Regaining access to pre-existing resources as he regains strength, like maybe these are element-based creatures
4. Or Falz has found entirely planets that we don't even know exist, and is corrupting creatures native to them.

Now, most of these options are pretty cliche. But, that said, I still find 4 and 3 intriguing if it means we get to find a planet inhabited by uncorrupted darkers (so long as they actually behave a bit differently...let's not go reskinning the entire darker line of enemies and calling them "new" for a new planet). For 3, some time ago someone pointed out that these may be element-based, when I realized that the infection polyp for boosted enemies is weak to fire/lightning/ice. Could ice-weak darkers be what we get next?

edit: Also, for most enemies it seems that they're a species. There are multiple ragnes like there are multiple dagans, and multiple rockbears, multiple banbans, etc. For anything unique we get an animation of them escaping (hunar, elder falz). But chrome just keeps showing up without despawning, and he actually dies. This is something that should be considered here. This had to have been intentional. Is he reincarnating? Are there copies? Do they all have that bandage on their horn, or...?[/spoiler-box]

I imagine the one the mysterious girl calls Hadred is a unique Chrome Dragon in the same way that the Vol Dragon we fought in story mode was unique and had his own name instead of just 'Vol Dragon' (unique voice too). The bandage doesn't seem to be on Chrome encounter screenshots I've seen recently. (this is coming from someone who hasn't seen it in person though)

Speaking of the infection on boosted enemies, I kind of considered those bulbs/flowers, code avoid's Gel Bulf, code rescue's Fungi, code destruction's Belze, web infections on machines(turrets, ring lasers) and those ghostly jelly-fish like things that you can't melee to be a sort of species/strain of their own.
They seem kind of plant/fungus-like and are always either a stationary object/structure, an elusive ghostly thing or both. A new strain of darkers weak to ice does sound pretty likely though.

Renvalt
Mar 3, 2013, 05:36 AM
Y'know, SEGA needs to stick to current plot. Kuna's arc seems extremely, if not totally unrelated to the events that transpired after Elder broke out of Naberius.

In fact, Huey's little "Hey let's have a fight party" antics, which seem to be pulled out of nowhere, appear to have more relevance to the plot than Kuna's BS.

My personal opinion: When they said the Arks Tournament was a "side plot", they got them mixed up. Kuna's story is the TRUE Side Plot, whilst Arks Tournament is the beginning of Episode II - AKA the TRUE Chapter 10.

Not this "Waku waku I r gonna beat Hatsune Miku-tan and become #1 idol of japan desu ne" bullshit.

Call me angry and anti-Japanese if you want, but breaking a plot cohesion out of nowhere, and then smacking a credit roll in the most anti-climactic scenario is just.... sinful. It's wrong, it shames all story writers like myself, and SEGA should fire half the people who suggested this BS.

Mar 3, 2013, 10:17 AM
Y'know, SEGA needs to stick to current plot. Kuna's arc seems extremely, if not totally unrelated to the events that transpired after Elder broke out of Naberius.

In fact, Huey's little "Hey let's have a fight party" antics, which seem to be pulled out of nowhere, appear to have more relevance to the plot than Kuna's BS.

My personal opinion: When they said the Arks Tournament was a "side plot", they got them mixed up. Kuna's story is the TRUE Side Plot, whilst Arks Tournament is the beginning of Episode II - AKA the TRUE Chapter 10.

Not this "Waku waku I r gonna beat Hatsune Miku-tan and become #1 idol of japan desu ne" bullshit.

Call me angry and anti-Japanese if you want, but breaking a plot cohesion out of nowhere, and then smacking a credit roll in the most anti-climactic scenario is just.... sinful. It's wrong, it shames all story writers like myself, and SEGA should fire half the people who suggested this BS.

You're absolutely right, Kuna plot just came out of nowhere.

I thought EP1 would end with us defeating [Elder], Zeno still missing, and maybe an appearance by one of the other Falz people.(You know...like the ARKS tourney!:-?) Would've led into EP2 a lot better in my opinion.

This is just sloppy writing. You can't just throw in an unrelated story RIGHT AFTER THE EVENTS IN CH8. Just not right.

gigawuts
Mar 3, 2013, 12:48 PM
It's meant to occur after the cutscene in an elder falz fight.

The tournament is all because we beat the bad guy: Elder Falz. But, of course, we all know the bad guy is never beaten and everything is always going according to his plan etc.etc.

Anyway as far as I'm concerned PSO2 was in dire need of multiple side stories to expand on the game universe as well as investigate what we've already seen in it. The problem isn't the sidestory being too much, the problem is the sidestory isn't remotely enough.

oratank
Mar 3, 2013, 12:49 PM
kuroto also say something that arks have some secret photon bla bla experiment. may be chorme has something with this

and one thing about arwin has told us his big sister has missing after last 10 year DF battle and the DF girl whom talk to elder that she get this body for about 10 year

Renvalt
Mar 3, 2013, 03:37 PM
It's meant to occur after the cutscene in an elder falz fight.

The tournament is all because we beat the bad guy: Elder Falz. But, of course, we all know the bad guy is never beaten and everything is always going according to his plan etc.etc.

Anyway as far as I'm concerned PSO2 was in dire need of multiple side stories to expand on the game universe as well as investigate what we've already seen in it. The problem isn't the sidestory being too much, the problem is the sidestory isn't remotely enough.

Or more like: the side story was both incorrectly placed and given the ending that would've best belong to Falz Elder.

The way I see it, this is how it should have gone:

C1-8 being what we had before Vita release, with Falz Elder's successful escape being the climactic event that sets the tone for C9.

C9 is a boss fight against Falz Elder, wherein you have access to the NPC Partner Card tray to access whatever members you have available to the fight (this of course is limited to only story NPC cards).

Assuming one completes all MBs 100%, then Kuna's side stories would unlock in an extra pair of MB pages.

C10 (or as I like to call it, Episode II Chapter 1) would take place right after Chapter 9, with Falz Apprentice making her grand entrance and setting the flow for Afin's transformation from whiny noob to competent badass.

Although, I'm not familiar with how Ash underwent his transformation, but I can assume it's similar to what Afin's experiencing (albeit with slight alterations).

I mean, the end plot for the Arks Tournament was just TOO PERFECT to not fit with the plot. But noooo, now suddenly SEGA has entered the war to destroy Japan's top idol, Hatsune Miku. God, somebody kill that woman.

.....Although, when you think about it, perhaps we should have seen this coming. After all, Hatsune Miku did get a PSO2 ref in HER game; I would think Vocaloid's creators would've wanted something similar in return. However, SEGA didn't have to go and do THIS!

DAMN YOU HATSUNE MIKU! I'VE HAD IT, I AM TELLING THE WORLD THAT YOU ARE BIEBER'S LITTLE SISTER! Hopefully after my revelation, the anti-Biebers and anti-Mikus will band together in a campaign to destroy them both. >_<

But yeah, this utterly unwanted and unnecessary break from plot has me fuming like:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8gi47ItH91rugov3o1_250.gif

.... Yeeeaaah. No thank you Sega.

Alenoir
Mar 4, 2013, 03:32 PM
And in the Afin conversation I just translated, Clarisa Claes second generation was the one who fought off Dark Falz in the attack ten years ago, but died after fighting which is why the current Clarisa was promoted into the three hero's.

I kinda remembered Kasura mentioning it was the first generations that sealed Falz... Kasura lied?

Shadowth117
Mar 4, 2013, 04:34 PM
Or more like: the side story was both incorrectly placed and given the ending that would've best belong to Falz Elder.

The way I see it, this is how it should have gone:

C1-8 being what we had before Vita release, with Falz Elder's successful escape being the climactic event that sets the tone for C9.

C9 is a boss fight against Falz Elder, wherein you have access to the NPC Partner Card tray to access whatever members you have available to the fight (this of course is limited to only story NPC cards).

Assuming one completes all MBs 100%, then Kuna's side stories would unlock in an extra pair of MB pages.

C10 (or as I like to call it, Episode II Chapter 1) would take place right after Chapter 9, with Falz Apprentice making her grand entrance and setting the flow for Afin's transformation from whiny noob to competent badass.

Although, I'm not familiar with how Ash underwent his transformation, but I can assume it's similar to what Afin's experiencing (albeit with slight alterations).

I mean, the end plot for the Arks Tournament was just TOO PERFECT to not fit with the plot. But noooo, now suddenly SEGA has entered the war to destroy Japan's top idol, Hatsune Miku. God, somebody kill that woman.

.....Although, when you think about it, perhaps we should have seen this coming. After all, Hatsune Miku did get a PSO2 ref in HER game; I would think Vocaloid's creators would've wanted something similar in return. However, SEGA didn't have to go and do THIS!

DAMN YOU HATSUNE MIKU! I'VE HAD IT, I AM TELLING THE WORLD THAT YOU ARE BIEBER'S LITTLE SISTER! Hopefully after my revelation, the anti-Biebers and anti-Mikus will band together in a campaign to destroy them both. >_<

But yeah, this utterly unwanted and unnecessary break from plot has me fuming like:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8gi47ItH91rugov3o1_250.gif

.... Yeeeaaah. No thank you Sega.

You're definitely right about the Miku thing. Oh wait...
http://i.imgur.com/6poEklj.jpg

Personally I have nothing against Miku since I was a fan before she was mega popular, but now suddenly people are hating because... well damn I'm not sure actually.

But I digress. I do agree that Quna's stuff should have been a side story, but I don't read Japanese so I can't outright disagree with where the story went yet. Elder could have been a cool ending really, but it wasn't what happened. It does seem that Arks tournament as an episode opening is pretty awesome though.

Zyrusticae
Mar 4, 2013, 04:40 PM
Personally I have nothing against Miku since I was a fan before she was mega popular, but now suddenly people are hating because... well damn I'm not sure actually.
Some people are on a crusade to hate anything popular (hipsters), others just dislike anything cute/feminine (macho-manly-meatheads), and still others just tend to go with the crowd (conformists/sheep).

And then there are those who just dislike her voice, which is the only honest, legitimate reason to dislike her (IMO). :-?

Kion
Mar 4, 2013, 06:50 PM
I kinda remembered Kasura mentioning it was the first generations that sealed Falz... Kasura lied?

Afin just says "Dark Falz" But since they are different incarnations 40 years ago was Elder and 10 years ago was probably apprentice.

ShinMaruku
Mar 4, 2013, 07:06 PM
You Only Live Once Miku

Maximum Burst
Mar 4, 2013, 07:06 PM
Speculation that I've heard is that Afin's sister was the 2nd generation Clariskrays, and Dark Falz Apprentice took over her body after the battle 10 years ago.

PS: The credits roll for the Vita version gives out how SEGA romanizes some NPC names, so I guess "Clariskrays" is how they want it.
http://postimage.org/image/5y7zf9sh1/

ShinMaruku
Mar 4, 2013, 07:16 PM
His sister has a nice rack then. :E

The Walrus
Mar 4, 2013, 07:18 PM
I dunno that doesn't sound animu enough...

They should make Afin in love with his sister. THEN IT WILL BE ANIMU ENOUGH..........................

I'll go back to my corner now.

NoiseHERO
Mar 4, 2013, 07:18 PM
Some people are on a crusade to hate anything popular (hipsters), others just dislike anything cute/feminine (macho-manly-meatheads), and still others just tend to go with the crowd (conformists/sheep).

And then there are those who just dislike her voice, which is the only honest, legitimate reason to dislike her (IMO). :-?

Not liking a trend/something popular makes you a conformist!

GOT IT!

Anyway I haven't seen anything miku related in a while,(since that vita game) so as long as she's not being pushed in my face everytime I look at something japan related, I don't care anymore. (Is she even still relevant?)

ShinMaruku
Mar 4, 2013, 07:24 PM
I dunno that doesn't sound animu enough...

They should make Afin in love with his sister. THEN IT WILL BE ANIMU ENOUGH..........................

I'll go back to my corner now.
Nah they should make his sister sweet on Zeno. Murder the hypotenuse.

Zyrusticae
Mar 4, 2013, 07:32 PM
PS: The credits roll for the Vita version gives out how SEGA romanizes some NPC names, so I guess "Clariskrays" is how they want it.
I REFUSE.

That is the absolute worst possible romanisation you can possibly come up with. There is nothing else on that page as bad as "Clariskrays". At the very least, separate the two ("Claris Krays")!

ShinMaruku
Mar 4, 2013, 07:44 PM
You have problems with that name and not D-arkers? Sega is that corny.

Syklo
Mar 4, 2013, 07:49 PM
Speculation that I've heard is that Afin's sister was the 2nd generation Clariskrays, and Dark Falz Apprentice took over her body after the battle 10 years ago.

I KNEW IT! IT WAS XION NOT SHION!
ahem, lets see....:

Tiea?
Oza..ok
Marlur!?!?!?
RISA!?!?!?
JAN!?!?
JIG!! Omg lol.
Aki's companion........is right.lol.
Casra?
Chroto is kool.