PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 8. What in god's name were they thinking? (SPOILERS)

Punisher106
Mar 1, 2013, 12:45 PM
Chapter 8, at least Chapter 8A. Oh my freaking god, how do people beat it? I mean, it's long as it is, where you have to fight a boosted rockbear and a de malmoth among other monsters, but once you hit block 4, this utter nightmare:
http://puu.sh/2alIa
I made the mistake of going in as a fighter, since these bastards can make mincemeat out of the melee classes without breaking a sweat. So after getting facerolled from these bastards, and putting my fist through the wall, I tried again as a gunner, and got to this point. It seemed a little easy, and applied circle strafing and shift dodging the banshee. Then the Banther came in. It got 10 times harder. I was continually dodging to keep my distance, and flanking them. As I kept wailing on the banshee, banther flanked me in return. I finally down Banshee, and get going on banther. I try to move faster, since Banther is a bit quicker than Banshee, and I find out there's not enough room in the damn map to move fast in any direction. I proceed to get my face mauled off, and another fist, and a foot, goes through the wall. How the fuck do you kill these two? The terrain is horrible, and the sick, sadistic fuck that came up with this mission needs to be fired.

ashley50
Mar 1, 2013, 12:49 PM
A bit of challenge? lol

Did you know there's a bottleneck spot in that area?

Zorafim
Mar 1, 2013, 12:51 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/PSO2/pso20130222_231850_002.jpg

Trap the banshee in there as you fight the banther. After that, you're free to pound on the banshee's face until it dies, since it can't get through.

This boss in general just frustrates me. It's by far the hardest boss I've ever soloed.

Daiyousei
Mar 1, 2013, 01:04 PM
looks like you need a new Title Punisher

Fang prey.

Railkune
Mar 1, 2013, 01:10 PM
Welp, I know where I'm going during that fight. No way I can fight those two normally; not yet anyways.

Requiem Aeternam
Mar 1, 2013, 01:13 PM
I can see myself hating this quest with a passion, especially with my newman Fighter. At least it makes hunting the Fang pair easier.

Vintasticvin
Mar 1, 2013, 01:15 PM
No, it sounds like they did a good job and maybe you need to time your dodges and guarding attacks better.

Zorafim
Mar 1, 2013, 01:18 PM
Sorry, but Banshee himself is one of the hardest fights I know of. The fact that he can two shot me, and attack me twice before I can react, already makes him impossible when coupled with his high HP. In this stage, you have to fight him without even NPC help, and with his Banther friend. I just don't see how to do it.

Zyrusticae
Mar 1, 2013, 01:32 PM
FYI, banshee is female, banther is male.

Just felt like pointing that out.

Railkune
Mar 1, 2013, 02:00 PM
FYI, banshee is female, banther is male.

Just felt like pointing that out.

I've seen others say that as well. Where did you get that information from? It's actually pretty interesting lol. Like how people call Ragne a female. Or at least they always say 'she' when referring to it.

Sayara
Mar 1, 2013, 02:06 PM
With the Banshee/Banther they repersent a lion type creature. The majestic crown the Banther has, and the smaller banshee would say such.

Also Banshees are a lady type monster haha

Renvalt
Mar 1, 2013, 02:11 PM
With the Banshee/Banther they repersent a lion type creature. The majestic crown the Banther has, and the smaller banshee would say such.

Also Banshees are a lady type monster haha

Actually, the way I saw it at first, Banshee was the offspring and Banther was the mom. Although your explanation sounds a lot more logical. Now all we need is Banther Kittens for normal mobs.

Then we be burnin' now.

Kazzi
Mar 1, 2013, 02:49 PM
I've seen others say that as well. Where did you get that information from? It's actually pretty interesting lol. Like how people call Ragne a female. Or at least they always say 'she' when referring to it.

Probably because of the anatomy in relation to real animals/insects. I always just refer to them all as "it".

I managed to clear this story but I switched to Ranger for it, hunters don't stand much of a chance at all :(

gigawuts
Mar 1, 2013, 02:56 PM

In addition to what's already been pointed out with not just real life parallels in the animal kingdom...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee

Banshees are female, dude.

Also, brute force this quest with levels. As a very tired, very lazy level 51 hu/fi, this fight was a joke. Get your best s-def units and use over end, then don't be dumb enough to stand in front of them when they use snowblast (or do exactly that and just guard it, I don't care)

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 1, 2013, 03:07 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://24.media.tumblr.com/034f59abbc141790f8c22be64a3f6ff8/tumblr_mix4tqbELq1rl4tj1o1_1280.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
Chapter EX has it worse

Resanoca
Mar 1, 2013, 03:19 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://24.media.tumblr.com/034f59abbc141790f8c22be64a3f6ff8/tumblr_mix4tqbELq1rl4tj1o1_1280.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
Chapter EX has it worseI don't see how that's worse.(Given the other one isn't really bad unless you can't...lol) I say it isn't worse since unless they're both aggro'd on you, it shouldn't be hard to kill one of them real quick and then do the other.

Actually, thinking on that...maybe when they make War Cry useful, it'd be nice to go there and use it on them both. :3

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 1, 2013, 03:25 PM
They both actually went after me, lol
[SPOILER-BOX]Banther died in 20 seconds[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rakurai
Mar 1, 2013, 04:38 PM
If I can't kill off the Fang Banshee shortly after the Banther comes down, my death seems pretty much guaranteed, as while I can dodge the attacks of one of them easily, dodging both of them feels downright impossible at times (Especially when they start staggering their attacks so I get hit by the other immediately after dodging one of them).

I'm kind of glad I outlevel the story quests now if they make you fight both of them without a chance to weaken one of them first...

Syklo
Mar 1, 2013, 06:39 PM
This fight was a major pain in the ass when I did it.
Good thing I had a burn DS.
And megiverse saves lives here :)

Maronji
Mar 1, 2013, 06:59 PM
And now you guys know (and, hopefully, fully understand) why I delayed my Chapter 08 Act 1 video for almost two months.

On the bright side, I got to play an epic game of hide-and-seek the second time around, so I think it was all worth it.

Would you blame me if I walked in here expecting a thread about Act 2 instead?

Taurus83
Mar 1, 2013, 08:06 PM
last time i beat these banther and banshee using lv 50 GU/FO take about 2 hours just run around circle, dodging, run and hiding for heal till it defeated. it made me so tired