PDA

View Full Version : Item Mag Question.

Link1275
Mar 1, 2013, 01:26 PM
What is a good way to build a mag for HUnewm, but still have it be able to be used for other classes? I have been feeding a variety of Hunter weapons to get it's attack and Dex up, I am aiming for 50 S-Atk. However I don't know how much Dex I need or what to do with the remaining levels.

If it's needed, this is my current skill tree: link (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03itfbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0lbInqnnk0 00009b00000ib00000ib0000Ib00000ib00000f) And this is my projected skill tree:link (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03gCbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkIY0ibkI qBGXcB4RIn00000febHo4OIb4XIb0000fdBJdGF00009beDI2c FJIcD000kbcK2XcK000064OdqldI2J20000)

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 1, 2013, 01:40 PM
There's really no way to do that without dumping massive SP into stat-ups that could be used for other skills. Trying to use 1 mag for 2-3 conflicting classes is practically shooting yourself in the foot.

Avoid dex btw. Most worthless stat to have on your mag unless you're trying to equip something that requires 400+ dex.

Link1275
Mar 1, 2013, 01:55 PM
So when did Dex become worthless? And I can not buy AC, so I have to get by with one mag.

Nikoshae
Mar 1, 2013, 01:58 PM
Someone suggested to me getting a mag to 49 Dex, and then focus on S-attack (but feed it monomates to avoid it tipping over 49 Dex). So far I've enjoyed this mag, and it's almost level 100. Once it hits level 100 you can just feed it more S-attack or whatever you feel is good for your stats. It caps at 150, I think, but your second evolution is at 100.

You can easily get Dex quickly on a mag by feeding it PA/Tech discs, and you'll wind up finding a number of them in your travels ... you can even buy level 1 techs from the shop area for cheap.

That being said I suppose it comes down to what you want your mag to do ... if you want it to focus on defense, striking, or what. Also, higher Dex helps your bottom-end damage if I'm not mistaken? The higher your Dex is the more higher your minimal damage will be? I may be mistaken, but having 49 Dex on my mag has helped me equip better stuff sooner.

I may remake a Mag later on without Dex, and instead trying to be pure striking, but for now I'm enjoying what this one is offering.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 1, 2013, 02:07 PM
Someone suggested to me getting a mag to 49 Dex, and then focus on S-attack (but feed it monomates to avoid it tipping over 49 Dex). So far I've enjoyed this mag, and it's almost level 100. Once it hits level 100 you can just feed it more S-attack or whatever you feel is good for your stats. It caps at 150, I think, but your second evolution is at 100.

You can easily get Dex quickly on a mag by feeding it PA/Tech discs, and you'll wind up finding a number of them in your travels ... you can even buy level 1 techs from the shop area for cheap.

That being said I suppose it comes down to what you want your mag to do ... if you want it to focus on defense, striking, or what. Also, higher Dex helps your bottom-end damage if I'm not mistaken? The higher your Dex is the more higher your minimal damage will be? I may be mistaken, but having 49 Dex on my mag has helped me equip better stuff sooner.

I may remake a Mag later on without Dex, and instead trying to be pure striking, but for now I'm enjoying what this one is offering.

Equipping items that require dex sooner is the ONLY reason to increase dex. yes it increases minimum damage but once your dex gets to be over 300...I noticed it around 360 (as a newman yours will naturally top out at 374 at 55/55)the damage variance is minimal.

Nikoshae
Mar 1, 2013, 02:18 PM
Equipping items that require dex sooner is the ONLY reason to increase dex. yes it increases minimum damage but once your dex gets to be over 300...I noticed it around 360 (as a newman yours will naturally top out at 374 at 55/55)the damage variance is minimal.

Yeah, hence why later on I'm considering building a pure striking mag since beyond level 40 or so I don't forsee myself needing Dex from a mag just to equip stuff. Right now it's awesome, though, especially since I was able to raise the Dex so quickly.

Edit: I should mention that I'm a level 19 (so close to 20!) Fighter / level 30 Hunter. And Newman. Nevermind the kitty ears.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 1, 2013, 02:26 PM
Yeah, hence why later on I'm considering building a pure striking mag since beyond level 40 or so I don't forsee myself needing Dex from a mag just to equip stuff. Right now it's awesome, though, especially since I was able to raise the Dex so quickly.

Edit: I should mention that I'm a level 19 (so close to 20!) Fighter / level 30 Hunter. And Newman. Nevermind the kitty ears.

If they're not buying AC for whatever reason you don't want to tell them to raise a mag as though they're planning on throwing it away.

Link1275
Mar 1, 2013, 02:32 PM
Well, to me looking at the skill tree planner, I need at least 26 levels of Dex to equip things that need 400 Dex.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 1, 2013, 02:35 PM
only things that require 400+ dex are elder uints and a gunslash. nothing you're likely to use anyway

Feign
Mar 1, 2013, 02:38 PM
...(but feed it monomates to av*snip*

Go to the My Room shop (It's down by Jean, the yappy old guy) and buy the 2* Eggs and 5* Mushrooms. Feed your mag weapons until it hits 50-60% Dex, and then feed it one of each of those. Egg+Shroom should be around -40% in your mag's Dex stat.

Nikoshae
Mar 1, 2013, 02:53 PM
If they're not buying AC for whatever reason you don't want to tell them to raise a mag as though they're planning on throwing it away.

Oh, I should apologize for that, but there was no indication, either. I was relaying advice someone gave me when I was just starting out, and I had no intention to buy AC at the time, either.

Go to the My Room shop (It's down by Jean, the yappy old guy) and buy the 2* Eggs and 5* Mushrooms. Feed your mag weapons until it hits 50-60% Dex, and then feed it one of each of those. Egg+Shroom should be around -40% in your mag's Dex stat.

How much do those cost? I've been feeding it monomates because they're cheap, and I feel they're easier to remember to keep in my inventory without having to actively pursue them. I have derp moments when it comes to memory.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 1, 2013, 02:55 PM
I'm sorry someone gave you bad advice then.

Coatl
Mar 1, 2013, 04:00 PM
Yeah, Dex is definitely the most worthless stat to have on a mag. If you really want the gains from dex on your dps, just use affixes. Don't jeopardize your base stats

I don't think 50 points into defense is required at all, and it might even hold you back from equipping a super *10 that requires a lot from your offensive base that. But that's just me.

Link1275
Mar 1, 2013, 05:49 PM
I've been playing with the skill simulator and I came up with this: link (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03gCbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbalhIHl bkIqBGXcBGKIn00000febHoGBIbGKIb0000fdBJdGF00009beD I2cFJIcD000kbcK2XcK000064OdqldI2J20000). It seems to be a solution to give me access to all of the best Hunter gear. I do already have a few levels of dex on my mag though.