PDA

View Full Version : GC HUcast offline help

beachbum233
Mar 1, 2013, 03:49 PM
This is my first post so don't hate me if I totally flop this.

I have a lvl 63ish HUcast i've been playing offline lately. I've beaten everything but Dark Falz on Very Hard difficulty what is the best weapon/ armor/ lvl/ mag combo for a HUcast trying to take on DF? I can handle his first two forms pretty easily without using too many restoration items but his third form just wrecks me. I already use the HP unit and Light resist unit trick to beat him on Hard but I just barely scraped through that encounter. Any suggestions would be awesome thanks.

gigawuts
Mar 1, 2013, 04:29 PM
This fight is HELL on HUcasts. When I did it I had to use my Asuka's burn special a bunch of times and even scratched into my star atomizers for health...and even chewed through quite a few scapes I'd saved specifically for that fight.

If you're already surviving everything with at least 1 HP you're set. By then it's just a war of attrition. When he's far away use an HP drain handgun (Better ATA > better special, use draw with 40 hit to land all 3 hits instead of gush with 15 hit to land just 1 hit for instance). This will work even if he's invulnerable to physical attacks. Elemental damage will also still hurt him in this state, so if you can get a dragon's claw off a char already in ultimate, or burn special sword with hit, do so.

Beyond that, save before every ruins run and max out your mates, stars, and scapes. Then go in and try. Remember: Your goal is to kill him before you run out of health items & scapes. That means you're depending entirely on dealing X damage in Y hits taken to win. If you run out of your last scape...reset if you don't have more. That's all I can say. Casts are said to be OP at everything by people who haven't played them (or only played them in groups), but anyone who's had to solo boss fights with one knows better.

edit: Also, time your PB and get a sato or nidra. The invulns for everything on those two are great. And time when you cast your PB, because that's a free evaded hit as well.

edit2: If there's ANYTHING that ID finds in VH that you want, hunt it now. That's time to not only get something, but level up while doing it. Playing Ep 2 VH to seabed is also a good way to keep progressing in some way while still leveling.

edit3: Stupid suggestion, but if your ID finds s-parts off normal gilchics, go for that now too. That ata makes such a glorious difference. Unsealed Door has the best gilchic hunting, I believe.
Link to the item: http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=506&sortby=name
On GC, this item actually goes over the class cap on ATA, bringing it above HUmar, HUcaseal, and HUnewearl ATA by quite a bit. With it a RAcast can top out over RAmar's ATA, which is meant to be the best in the game. It is absolutely fantastic on a HUcast.

Dongra
Mar 1, 2013, 05:03 PM
Look for any mechgun type weapon being sold in the weapon shop with the charge special and some hit %. At that level you won't be getting a high tier, high hit one, but you should be able to at least get a repeater with 25 or so hit which should be enough for you to get some charge off in vhard.

beachbum233
Mar 1, 2013, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the tips guys!

I hunted down the delsabers shield to match my delsabers buster+9 so my ATP is off the charts for the melee portions of the fight. should I just farm VH ruins for ?rayguns or try to find one in the shop or is there a rare drop handgun that has draw as an effect? I have a Rati maxed out with high POW and moderate lvls in the other stats but since its been a while since I've played so I was dumb and put lvls into MIND( now I need a RAmarl to give it to...) so I've been raising a new mag to replace it with. Will traps effect DF's third form are they really even worth the attempt? What lvl should my Char be do you think? I think i have enough scapes I just didn't want to run into battle blindly with them and waste them all for nothing. :quickdraw:
I thin k I'm going to try and farm monomates from Normal monsters so I can max out my restorative items.

Let me know what you think and again thank you for the tips!
Happy hunting!

Crazyleo
Mar 1, 2013, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the tips guys!

I hunted down the delsabers shield to match my delsabers buster+9 so my ATP is off the charts for the melee portions of the fight. should I just farm VH ruins for ?rayguns or try to find one in the shop or is there a rare drop handgun that has draw as an effect? I have a Rati maxed out with high POW and moderate lvls in the other stats but since its been a while since I've played so I was dumb and put lvls into MIND( now I need a RAmarl to give it to...) so I've been raising a new mag to replace it with. Will traps effect DF's third form are they really even worth the attempt? What lvl should my Char be do you think? I think i have enough scapes I just didn't want to run into battle blindly with them and waste them all for nothing. :quickdraw:
I thin k I'm going to try and farm monomates from Normal monsters so I can max out my restorative items.

Let me know what you think and again thank you for the tips!
Happy hunting!

I think you should be in the mid 60s to attempt DF on VHard. As for traps; you can't use them for ANY boss fights at all.

beachbum233
Mar 17, 2013, 02:16 PM
I've just now had time to sit down and actually play some PSO so I finally beat DF on VH and just wanted to thank you guys again for the tips. I got through the fight only using one scapedoll and that was before his final form. Now I'm off to battle my way through Ult forest. I'll probably be back with more questions this gam always manages to surprise me with new stuff.