PDA

View Full Version : Vita Vita version... Kind of a big deal

Para
Mar 2, 2013, 10:08 AM
If anyone is looking at the overall block population from the block changing elevator... It seems like SEGA has hit a huge mark with the Vita version with PSO2.

As I am posting this now: from block 201 to 218, every block is full with block population pretty high on all other blocks.

TheAstarion
Mar 2, 2013, 10:48 AM
The only other vita game is Persona, and this is free. Anyone with a Vita is pretty much playing this game because it's new and interesting.

Even the vita-exclusive blocks are reasonably full. Most people in the shared blocks are PC players hoping for a Chrome encounter.

Z-0
Mar 2, 2013, 10:54 AM
Yep, Ship 2 - ALL Vita Blocks and ALL shared blocks 100%, with a couple with full premium as well.

Kind of silly, lol. At least I can still log on since I have premium. o/

Kierto
Mar 2, 2013, 10:58 AM
The Phantasy Star Portable series (all installments) was an unprecedented success in Japan. All releases topped the best-selling charts in Japan in their first week release.
PSO2 in Japan rides high within the 20-30~ age group (independent buying power) in Japan based on PSO nostalgia.
Portable gaming has a much bigger appeal/audience in Japan.
The Vita's library is kind of weak at the moment. Let alone F2P Online Action RPGs.
It's free to download. IIRC PSPo2 had something like 89% download vs 11% physical copy sales (and even then it sold over 3/4 of its first JP shipment).
There is no version of Monster Hunter on the Vita yet.
Some might say the game isn't that bad.

This was kind of predictable. The success of the Vita version will really dictate the future of this game. You better pray that the Vita players QQ smartly enough about silly design choices to influence Sakai! Besides, why do you think the first post-Vita release scratch is what it is?

But yeah a lot of blocks are clogged with PC players trying to leech a Chrome flag.

eharima
Mar 3, 2013, 03:17 AM
They made the blocks smaller so you think there is more people , but they just hold less
This happened during the beta lag

Alenoir
Mar 3, 2013, 04:25 AM
The only other vita game is Persona, and this is free. Anyone with a Vita is pretty much playing this game because it's new and interesting.

...What. Maybe for the US, but Japan have quite a few games chartered to the audience for Vita. Especially that other game that was release on the same day.

Crysteon
Mar 3, 2013, 04:27 AM
Besides, why do you think the first post-Vita release scratch is what it is?

Because panties on PSP2 were not HD enough?

I really hope they address some constant issues the vita version has so far, like the inevitable lag on full MPAs, where you can lag to the point that causes bad synchs between what's happening to you and other players screens which may provoke you to disconnect because the system cant even keep up with the massive load of information a full MPA generates. Hell, I even got an error message after the game kicked me out (the vita itself prompted a message that the game had an error going on)...is that supposed to happen on a definite release?

rezakon
Mar 3, 2013, 05:58 AM
It was pretty empty when I was playing the other day, unless something changed big time between then and now. I only saw 3 places full on the vita and rest just below quarter, I will say this game does play really nicely on the vita.

Sizustar
Mar 3, 2013, 06:00 AM
It was pretty empty when I was playing the other day, unless something changed big time between then and now. I only saw 3 places full on the vita and rest just below quarter, I will say this game does play really nicely on the vita.

Which ship do you plan on?

Ship 1 is full, so they locked character creation, Ship 2 is also pretty full.
Time is also an issue, which region are you in?

Laxedrane
Mar 3, 2013, 08:24 AM
They made the blocks smaller so you think there is more people , but they just hold less
This happened during the beta lag

Even if it is smaller and you say half of every shared block is pc. That's still a massive showing from vita and probably gives us between 50-75% more players(optimistically).

Sizustar
Mar 3, 2013, 09:10 AM
Even if it is smaller and you say half of every shared block is pc. That's still a massive showing from vita and probably gives us between 50-75% more players(optimistically).

Concurrent 70k player connection at max on the Vita.

Akaimizu
Mar 4, 2013, 04:10 PM
This is very interesting. I only tried this game during the first 24 hours of release, and the blocks were nowhere near full like they are now. It's like the population explosion took a day or two to hit.

Alenoir
Mar 4, 2013, 04:19 PM
This is very interesting. I only tried this game during the first 24 hours of release, and the blocks were nowhere near full like they are now. It's like the population explosion took a day or two to hit.

The package version was selling out in places on the first day, actually, and most people probably have to download it/didn't have time to play 'till the weekend.

I mean, more Vita-only blocks are being added to ship 2, 3, 4 and 10, (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=1047) if that tells you anything.

Macman
Mar 5, 2013, 12:12 AM
Vita's only full because people want their Chrome Dragon encounter flags enabled. Give a week or two and it'll quickly die back down to near-ghost-town levels.
I can't possibly imagine the Vita having that much of a following.

Zalana
Mar 5, 2013, 01:26 AM
Playing on the go is popular in Japan which is why I think the Vita does better over there than here. PSO has ALWAYS been a huge hit there ever since DC v1, which brings me to my thing that Amazon needs to hurry and get me my 32GB card here so I can try and sneak my Vita in at work and play. I'll just use my cellphone as a hotspot. ^^

blace
Mar 5, 2013, 01:28 AM
Playing on the go is popular in Japan which is why I think the Vita does better over there than here. PSO has ALWAYS been a huge hit there ever since DC v1, which brings me to my thing that Amazon needs to hurry and get me my 32GB card here so I can try and sneak my Vita in at work and play. I'll just use my cellphone as a hotspot. ^^

This is different, when I logged in from my Vita, the PC+Vita blocks were crowded. The Vita blocks themselves were pretty packed, but it was the shared blocks taking on the brunt of the traffic.

Zalana
Mar 5, 2013, 02:36 AM
I'm just saying in general PSO is popular in Japan. Even if it wasn't free to play it'd probably still be a huge hit just because it is a new PSO game.

Raymee
Mar 5, 2013, 02:47 AM
I'm just saying in general PSO is popular in Japan. Even if it wasn't free to play it'd probably still be a huge hit just because it is a new PSO game.

Well actually, as much as we don't know about it... Mobile gaming is real huge in Japan, like 300x larger than America. SEGA was smart about investing into the mobile industry.

Zalana
Mar 5, 2013, 03:40 AM
I know mobile gaming such as the Vita is huge there, the PSP was too. Heck I own a Vita and PSP, but here folks are interested in getting games on *cough* iOS/Android, which isn't my interest. D: