PDA

View Full Version : us release?

guitarbum93
Mar 2, 2013, 10:44 AM
So i remember hearing that there was going to be the us release in january, but it seems as if noones heard anything at all since i last llooked it up....whats going on?

TheAstarion
Mar 2, 2013, 10:47 AM
People keep asking and nobody knows.

Sega have a history of not meeting release dates on ported western games, so if they don't give one they're not embarrassed when they fail to meet it.

Sakai claims to have been looking into it, but since they IP banned China but not the rest of the world it's safe to say we're tentatively welcome as guests for the time being.

Lighthero
Mar 2, 2013, 11:03 AM
It's in 2014 for sure by now.

reptile7383
Mar 2, 2013, 11:09 AM
I gave up waiting. I'm sure it'll happen eventually, but at this point there's really no excuse to not have a release date. Localizing a game shouldn't be that hard and if it is (plus given SoA history) odds are it wont be as good as the JP version.

If you want to play PSO2 then just get the English patch and hop on the JP servers.

Cagedtaytay
Mar 2, 2013, 01:31 PM
This thread again.

reptile7383
Mar 2, 2013, 02:21 PM
This thread again.

Ironically, you posting that bumps the thread and keeps it alive for longer.

Alucadra
Mar 2, 2013, 03:16 PM
Hopefully they'll surprise us and release it sometime this month! Be like "BAM! and you thought we weren't doing anything!"

<-- extremely optimistic

Lostbob117
Mar 2, 2013, 03:18 PM
This is why Sega shouldn't say things ever. Why do you think they're saying nothing now?

striker0
Mar 2, 2013, 03:20 PM
If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't oh well. It's no skin off my nose if this game ever gets released here in the US.
Either way, my computer will be upgraded for free.

Alucadra
Mar 2, 2013, 03:28 PM
This is why Sega shouldn't say things ever. Why do you think they're saying nothing now?

More like this is why you don't leave your loyal fanbase in the dark for almost half a year about a game you know they've been dying to play. I mean have you seen their facebook page? All they had to do was trickle out info even if it wasn't much and people wouldn't be freaking out as much as they are right now.

Vintasticvin
Mar 2, 2013, 04:48 PM
This thread again.

This post again?

Cagedtaytay
Mar 2, 2013, 04:50 PM
This post again?

This guy again.

Tcrusader51
Mar 2, 2013, 04:56 PM

Sega have a history of not meeting release dates on ported western games, so if they don't give one they're not embarrassed when they fail to meet it.

Sakai claims to have been looking into it, but since they IP banned China but not the rest of the world it's safe to say we're tentatively welcome as guests for the time being.

Out of curiosity. Why did only China get banned?

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 2, 2013, 04:58 PM
Too many hackers and RMTers

Mopop
Mar 2, 2013, 05:30 PM
japan hates china

Cagedtaytay
Mar 2, 2013, 05:48 PM
SoJ lifted the IP ban 2 days after from China.

May0
Mar 2, 2013, 05:56 PM
japan hates china

Eh not quite. Its more like china hates japan for how much japan did during WW2.

SociableTyrannosaur has the right idea.

Out of curiosity I looked up the original release date of PSO2 and found it to be July 4, 2012. So in about 4 months we'll be on the anniversary of the original JP release. It will be a sad state of affairs if we haven't heard any news by then...

Mopop
Mar 2, 2013, 05:59 PM
wasnt the psu server a year behind? maybe thsts when it will be released.

Zenobia
Mar 2, 2013, 06:00 PM
SEGA WHY YOU DO DIISS YOU MAKE PPL KEEP MAKING THESE THREADS SEGA IMMA HUFF AND PUFFF AND HUFF AND PUFF AND...YEAH IDK WHAT IMMA DO BUT SEGA WHYYY!!!!!!!!

guitarbum93
Mar 2, 2013, 09:40 PM
hahahahaha

Sizustar
Mar 2, 2013, 10:13 PM

There was only a IP Ban of two day, seems like they were investigating RMT or someone bumped the wrong button, but there hasn't been any official word on IP ban for a while.

DS23
Mar 3, 2013, 12:34 AM
Sega: Oh you know when we're going to do an international release of PSO2?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOI4XJecOc0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOI4XJecOc0

Krank32oz
Mar 4, 2013, 02:42 PM
I thought that video was super funny. But PSO2 is not never coming to America. Just have to wait. Get some friends over in the meantime and play PSO for GameCube again. That's what Ive been doing to pass the time.

Sierhiet
Mar 4, 2013, 03:51 PM
There was only a IP Ban of two day, seems like they were investigating RMT or someone bumped the wrong button, but there hasn't been any official word on IP ban for a while.

I don't recall them lifting the Chinese IP ban. Correct me if I'm wrong. There was a scare for everyone beforehand that lasted a day or so, but that was a separate incident.

Alucadra
Mar 4, 2013, 04:05 PM
The problem for me is I've been "passing" time since playing the JP open beta. It's been so long it's kind of hard to wait any longer at this point. Maybe I'm just burnt out I guess...

unicorn
Mar 4, 2013, 04:07 PM
Its taking such a long time. Idk if this is ever going to make it stateside tbh.

Zenobia
Mar 4, 2013, 04:17 PM
Yes just give up Sega will never bring pso2 to NA come to the dark side~.

*Sports sadistic evil grin while whispering pos2 nonsense in your ears*

Im clrly not trying to mind break you im srs~.

Jim
Mar 4, 2013, 04:27 PM
This thread again.

This reply again. :nerd:

Cagedtaytay
Mar 4, 2013, 04:35 PM
This reply again. :nerd:

This guy again.

Sierhiet
Mar 4, 2013, 04:41 PM
Pax East is in 3 weeks. Potential detail then. It is not far-fetched.

UnLucky
Mar 4, 2013, 04:43 PM
And then they'll say "2014" and there won't be another announcement until PAX :roll:

Alucadra
Mar 4, 2013, 05:11 PM
PAX West at that.... FML! I feel like Firefall will freaking release before Phantasy Star Online 2 at this point.

(Firefall has been in beta for 4 years)

NexusRay
Mar 5, 2013, 10:49 AM
Pax East is in 3 weeks. Potential detail then. It is not far-fetched.

This is what I'm hoping for right now. As I'll be there. Also, I heard a good theory that they're still using the Japanese version as a sort of extra beta for the rest of the world. Still taking advice and adding new things to the game for now (they don't even have Ultimate yet). So maybe once SoJ feels comfortable enough with the amount of content in the game, they'll have SoA port it over here.

Kitora
Mar 5, 2013, 10:51 AM
I have a feeling that this won't be released in 2013.

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 10:54 AM
The worst that could happen is it doesn't come out in 2013 and sega gives us 99 grinders.

Kitora
Mar 5, 2013, 10:54 AM
The worst that could happen is it doesn't come out in 2013 and sega gives us 99 grinders.
I lol'd.

pso2love
Mar 5, 2013, 11:01 AM

99 grinders, but a release date ain't one...hit me! :razz:

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 11:01 AM
Or they release it on time.

And give us 99 grinders anyway.

Zenobia
Mar 5, 2013, 11:07 AM
This guy again.

Don't make me do this again....

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 11:09 AM
Honestly, given how they've been handling PSO2 JP, I would not be surprised if they do a showing at PAX East and say it releases within the week, or something like that.

Sierhiet
Mar 5, 2013, 11:22 AM
Honestly, given how they've been handling PSO2 JP, I would not be surprised if they do a showing at PAX East and say it releases within the week, or something like that.

This isn't far-fetched either. The way JP Open Beta was kind of sprung on us can attest to that. It would also be perfect timing.

Edit: I do not believe they will set launch for 2014 in the middle of a new brewing console war. They will be lost in the midst of the impending hype train.

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 11:27 AM
Exactly my thoughts. I remember they announced the game would launch as a full release and everyone went "Wait what? Already? In HOW SHORT?"

Of course, in hindsight that was probably to squeeze people for premium, because that wasn't really fleshed out enough for a launch just yet...about two weeks to a month later would have been better.

AkuTenshiiZero
Mar 6, 2013, 07:28 AM
I hate companies who refuse to connect with their community at all. This really feels like Sega never intended to release PSO2 in the US in the first place. So far we've got a bare-bones website, and one PAX presentation. That is pretty much the extent of PSO2 US activity in the past year. It honestly feels like they just threw us a bone to shut us up, then quietly went back to what they were doing before.

I really would not put it past Sega to decide that a US version wouldn't be profitable enough. PSO is a niche thing as is and heaven knows bigger MMOs have failed.

Shinamori
Mar 6, 2013, 08:05 AM
I recall them saying something about a demo of sorts at PAX. My best guess is summer. Everyone is out of school by then. That way, they can farm the kids who steal begs their parents to buy them premium.