PDA

View Full Version : Renvalt's Challenge COMPLETED!

Skyly HUmar
Mar 2, 2013, 08:06 PM
Well a few days ago Renvalt put a challenge out there that I assume was just a joke lol, but it seemed fun so I decided to give it a shot. And just a heads up, we had a little glitch rendering so the last segment of the vid ended up right after rocky, sooo.... its just a shoutout from my team skip if ya like.

And without further adoo, HU/FI boss solo no dammage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAM7EgJScFc

The Walrus
Mar 2, 2013, 08:09 PM
http://gemakei.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/clap-gif.gif

Renvalt
Mar 2, 2013, 09:51 PM
Well a few days ago Renvalt put a challenge out there that I assume was just a joke lol, but it seemed fun so I decided to give it a shot. And just a heads up, we had a little glitch rendering so the last segment of the vid ended up right after rocky, sooo.... its just a shoutout from my team skip if ya like.

Phantasy Star Online 2: Boss Run VH - No Damage [Solo] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAM7EgJScFc)

I gotta say: after watching that, this is my evaluation.

Keeping Promise Bonus: +500
Inspiring me to lower my settings to minimum: +1500
Making every boss fight look dope: +1200

Total Respect Points Gained: 3200

Nice job!

Skyly HUmar
Mar 2, 2013, 10:41 PM
np ;p thanks for the fun idea.

NoiseHERO
Mar 2, 2013, 11:24 PM
Longass video

Maronji
Mar 2, 2013, 11:32 PM

Phantasy Star Online 2: Boss Run VH - No Damage [Solo] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAM7EgJScFc)

Ladies and gentlemen, say "Hello" to our BAMF of the day.

supersonix9
Mar 2, 2013, 11:50 PM
noice, i appreciate the frontier wing

XeNoSLaSHeR
Mar 2, 2013, 11:53 PM
Amazing :-o

Just wanted to ask how do you kept blocking the lions roar? i always get hit by that roar. Then again you have a good reflex anyway as seen in the video :-P

Blackheart521
Mar 2, 2013, 11:55 PM
Amazing :-o

Just wanted to ask how do you kept blocking the lions roar? i always get hit by that roar. Then again you have a good reflex anyway as seen in the video :-P

Not directed at me but It's all about learning when the roar's attack actually comes, basically just practice over and over and you'll learn it eventually. ^^;

Skyly HUmar
Mar 3, 2013, 12:16 AM
Not directed at me but It's all about learning when the roar's attack actually comes, basically just practice over and over and you'll learn it eventually. ^^;

that.

ReaperTheAbsol
Mar 3, 2013, 12:27 AM
Very good job! I enjoyed watching this. :3

yoshiblue
Mar 3, 2013, 12:47 AM
Amazing stuff. Nice work!

XeNoSLaSHeR
Mar 3, 2013, 12:51 AM
Oh that makes sense. Guess i have to duel them more ^^ Thanks for the reply!

Railkune
Mar 3, 2013, 01:05 AM
Well would you look at that... you actually went and did it! Not bad at all! That is what I call an inspiration video, yeah.

BIG OLAF
Mar 3, 2013, 01:24 AM
'Damage' only has one 'm'.

UnLucky
Mar 3, 2013, 01:28 AM
Great! Now do a no damage run for all missions back to back in one sitting, and upload the entire thing with no editing.

Also add me to your team so I can spam SAs and cut-ins the entire time.

Seraphus
Mar 3, 2013, 01:40 AM
Longass video

Indeed.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 3, 2013, 01:48 AM
Great! Now do a no damage run for all missions back to back in one sitting, and upload the entire thing with no editing.

Also add me to your team so I can spam SAs and cut-ins the entire time.

Are you on ship 10?

GuardianGirth
Mar 3, 2013, 02:15 AM
Impressive. The only thing I see lacking in making this complete is Falz Hunar. He'd probably be the hardest one to do without getting hit as well.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 3, 2013, 02:17 AM
Impressive. The only thing I see lacking in making this complete is Falz Hunar. He'd probably be the hardest one to do without getting hit as well.

Hes also one that i unfortunately cant fight whenever i want. If he ever gets his own non den area ill get recording again.

UnLucky
Mar 3, 2013, 02:18 AM
Nah I'm on 2.

But I'd definitely make an alt if you actually did all that and didn't disable team chat.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 3, 2013, 02:42 AM
Knowing me id disable team chat a second after starting lol. But im gonna decline your challenge. Im sure i wouldnt be able to do all that in 1 sitting if i wanted to.

But hell, it was fun doing this much.

Blackheart521
Mar 3, 2013, 02:47 AM
Isn't Hunar in a Story Quest on his own (correct me if I'm wrong)? Though I think you have to bring an npc with for the fight. ^^;

UnLucky
Mar 3, 2013, 02:56 AM
Knowing me id disable team chat a second after starting lol. But im gonna decline your challenge. Im sure i wouldnt be able to do all that in 1 sitting if i wanted to.

But hell, it was fun doing this much.
Whatcha got is some real impressive stuff there, good work, and good luck on any future no damage boss runs you attempt!

Skyly HUmar
Mar 3, 2013, 03:11 AM
Isn't Hunar in a Story Quest on his own (correct me if I'm wrong)? Though I think you have to bring an npc with for the fight. ^^;

I concidered that actually, but when I rerolled i didnt do matterboard anymore, im actually still on the first story quest. And even if I did, i also get the feeling that id kill it in 30 seconds, 50% light kagutachi and over 2200 s attack with a max dps build would do that lol.

And thanks lucky, now lets hope sakai gets off his butt and finally realizes "Hmmmmm.... Maybe game better if loyal fan can fight boss anytime.... NAAAAAAAAH!"

Raymee
Mar 3, 2013, 06:15 AM
Well done :D

Now try a no-dash, no-just attack, no-technique, no z-target, no lock-on, no-block, no-hit, no jump, left click only, perfect run, hunter with force class subbed using a 1* weapon while focusing your camera towards the opposite side (your behind) so you can't see the boss.

/evil

Rien
Mar 3, 2013, 07:46 AM
I've been trying to figure out your set up forever.

No matter what I hypothesize the numbers simply doesn't show up right ._.

Your mag has no dex, does it?

Arialle
Mar 3, 2013, 08:12 AM
wth have i been doing with my HU/FI ... /wrist

after this is the " Do you think this game is biased against hunters? " thread even necessary LOL?

Blackheart521
Mar 3, 2013, 09:55 AM
wth have i been doing with my HU/FI ... /wrist

after this is the " Do you think this game is biased against hunters? " thread even necessary LOL?

Yeah... not trying to derail here but HUs and FIs are solid against bosses when they have the hate and the boss isn't running away, they just have a problem trying to chase down the opponent when the Forces and Rangers are grabbing all of the hate. there's more to it but it's already been discussed in the aforementioned thread so I'm not gonna go into detail and discuss it here. ^^;

Skyly HUmar
Mar 3, 2013, 01:21 PM
I've been trying to figure out your set up forever.

No matter what I hypothesize the numbers simply doesn't show up right ._.

Your mag has no dex, does it?

My mag does have dex. My build isnt on the forums though, so you wont find it here, and aparently its very non cookie cutter from the ones ive seen ^^;.

The Walrus
Mar 3, 2013, 02:08 PM
You should post your build :3

Skyly HUmar
Mar 3, 2013, 02:58 PM
lol maybe. Ive already given it to 4 people, but to the best of my knowledge they dont come here. I dont really want to just post it. I kinda feel like I made my own build and I think everyone should do the same. And if you dont like it ill be the first one you blame for ruining your tree so ill keep quiet on this one.

The Walrus
Mar 3, 2013, 03:49 PM
Haha fair enough. Twas just curious how it compares to the trees I've made (I've made way too many at this point XD)

UnLucky
Mar 3, 2013, 05:15 PM
He's obviously got something like this, give or take a few points:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03gDbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkIkIYIYIk IkIkIkIbDAtAjm4GFI2ihIo0000jcBINjssANI4bU0009b0000 0ib0000Ib00000ib00000f

Wanna be crazy prOP legit melee skills like Hannibal? You'll need a tree like that. Yup. A bit "non cookie cutter" but it works, trust me.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 3, 2013, 05:29 PM
DAM! guessed it exactly!

Nikoshae
Mar 3, 2013, 05:36 PM
You, sir, are an inspiration.

The Walrus
Mar 3, 2013, 05:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sZ6C2.gif

Rien
Mar 3, 2013, 08:01 PM
He's obviously got something like this, give or take a few points:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03gDbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkIkIYIYIk IkIkIkIbDAtAjm4GFI2ihIo0000jcBINjssANI4bU0009b0000 0ib0000Ib00000ib00000f

Wanna be crazy prOP legit melee skills like Hannibal? You'll need a tree like that. Yup. A bit "non cookie cutter" but it works, trust me.

Could have at least added just guard to make it look legit, unless somehow Hunters get free Just Guards now (like Gunner's free Just Reversals)

Here's what I have: Click here (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03gAbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkcKlk7bkI qoGKcAGDInfcA00008ebJbGAcAGK0000lb00000ib0000Ib000 00ib00000f)

Assuming you use Falz Unit set, with every unit affixed with a soul and power 3, it will be 673 + 140 (I believe your mag has this much s-att)+ 4(60) (for 3 units + set bonus 60 att)+ 927 + 60 (Kagudachi + assumed affixes: soul + power 3) = 2040 s-attack.

This is barely scraping it, and I KNOW before things like Kagudachi came you already broke 2000! This also leaves me with the mystery remaining 160 ish s-attack. Fury Stance at this point gives 200 s-attack, but I think there's something different. After all, Falz Unit set sounds a bit too risky for you to be sporting.

Soultrigger
Mar 3, 2013, 09:42 PM
@Rien: Most people have Step Attack in Hunter because Hunter came out first. A lot of people also have Step Attack in Fighter if they've played long before subclassing. Of course, additional skill trees are an option, but I don't think it merits saving 4SP.

He's not wearing Falz set. You would know they have it if their PP is over 120 (which is also indicative of Black Wings set). A PP of about ~100 suggests most likely Ragne set, although Fan set is also a possibility. With HP of about ~900, it's most likely a combination of Vol/Power III/Stamina Boost affixes.

You can easily reach over 2k if you include Shifta Drink EX.

Don't want to derail this thread on skill tree debates/critiquing. But really though, it's pretty hard to deviate from the "cookie cutter" build since the only optimizations that matter are fairly obvious: JAAdv, BSU, WSU.

Chase Adv, FS, BS, and WS can be capped for further results. FSU is just silly until the FS % change is done, but by then there's probably other new skills added like Fury Stance Combo that might deserve part of your SP allocation. Crit skills are debatable, but I still haven't seen any groundbreaking results from them.

UnLucky
Mar 4, 2013, 12:29 AM
Could have at least added just guard to make it look legit, unless somehow Hunters get free Just Guards now (like Gunner's free Just Reversals)
But if it had Just Guard it wouldn't be the worst possible build I could get without any spare points.

I challenge someone to come up with a worse overall build, not necessarily the weakest, but least effective non-hybrid spec.

Rien
Mar 4, 2013, 02:58 AM
He's not wearing Falz set. You would know they have it if their PP is over 120 (which is also indicative of Black Wings set). A PP of about ~100 suggests most likely Ragne set, although Fan set is also a possibility. With HP of about ~900, it's most likely a combination of Vol/Power III/Stamina Boost affixes.

You can easily reach over 2k if you include Shifta Drink EX.

But he's broken 2k without the drink...

Soultrigger
Mar 4, 2013, 04:48 AM
But he's broken 2k without the drink...

I think you're too fixated on raw ATK, which by itself is rather meaningless if you raise it at the expense of multipliers.

Maybe he was including Fury Stance. Maybe he has a lot of SATK Up. Knowing either of these doesn't lead to some groundbreaking secret build.

NoiseHERO
Mar 4, 2013, 04:50 AM
I think you're too fixated on raw ATK, which by itself is rather meaningless if you raise it at the expense of multipliers.

Maybe he was including Fury Stance. Maybe he has a lot of SATK Up. Knowing either of these doesn't lead to some groundbreaking secret build.

sshhhh don't tell them hints to his secret special build!

We don't need more people copying how over powered it is!

Rien
Mar 4, 2013, 08:17 AM

Well everyone has JA and JA2 (or else you're a dummy), as well as wise/brave up. The only extra multiplier is wise/brave stance at 10 and then chase advance (I think).

The rest is down to fury ups and s-attack up placement.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 4, 2013, 11:13 AM
LOL FALZ. Like ive said time and again, id never use that set. And the way you guys are going about it i dont think youll find it very soon. And no my mag doesnt have 140 s attack or even close to that.

Besides, is it that hard to send a PM like "lolz sky gib me ur build!"? Although unless i know you in game or from my friends list here id probably tell you "make your own like I did" so up to you :/.

Zenobia
Mar 4, 2013, 11:54 AM
LOL FALZ. Like ive said time and again, id never use that set. And the way you guys are going about it i dont think youll find it very soon. And no my mag doesnt have 140 s attack or even close to that.

Besides, is it that hard to send a PM like "lolz sky gib me ur build!"? Although id probably tell you "make your own like I did" so up to you :/.

Pretty much this.

Also guys FYI %skills beat raw stat growth skills any day so if you investing in s atk on the tree BIG NO NO THERE so alrdy you just messed up your HU or FI tree UNLESS you have nothing else to spend your sp on you're free to choose where to spend it at of your own free will.

Rien
Mar 4, 2013, 08:58 PM

Besides, is it that hard to send a PM like "lolz sky gib me ur build!"? Although unless i know you in game or from my friends list here id probably tell you "make your own like I did" so up to you :/.

I did several months ago, you said the same thing.

Since all I've ended up with was a cookie cutter glass cannon, the last straw is that you used a dex oriented mag. (approx. 70-90 dex)

But how does your s-attack go so high with that? Probably a lot better affixes than what I believe you have.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 4, 2013, 09:28 PM
I did several months ago, you said the same thing.

Since all I've ended up with was a cookie cutter glass cannon, the last straw is that you used a dex oriented mag. (approx. 70-90 dex)

But how does your s-attack go so high with that? Probably a lot better affixes than what I believe you have.

That a good hint that its time to take no for an answer and drop it, make your own build and stop worrying about mine. And thats way off with the dex. My mag is a delphis remember?

Rien
Mar 4, 2013, 10:00 PM
Well, I'm not hitting anywhere near as hard as you, and I've seen others out there doing the same thing. I can't figure out what they are doing either, but it seems a lot like what you're doing.

I want to hit harder, but all I'm hitting is dead ends.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 4, 2013, 10:07 PM
Well, I'm not hitting anywhere near as hard as you, and I've seen others out there doing the same thing. I can't figure out what they are doing either, but it seems a lot like what you're doing.

It could be, Out of the thousands of players that play this game i highly doubt im the first to use this build.

Infact, theres only 4 things i know for sure when it comes to my build.

1) I made it up myself, 2) it works for me, 3) out of all the ones ive seen in the forum the closest to mine was 11 SP different in the HU side and 7 in the FI side. And 4, Im not gonna give you my build, ask someone else for theirs. It shouldnt even matter what build it is if they hit like me.

Rien
Mar 4, 2013, 10:09 PM
I did, but this is different. Do you know where I can find the closest one? I still need clues, and I know you aren't going to give it out straight.

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2013, 10:15 PM
my skilltree is a closely guarded secret only the most well focused monks of the naberius himalayas can hope to learn

Rien
Mar 4, 2013, 10:17 PM
my skilltree is a closely guarded secret only the most well focused monks of the naberius himalayas can hope to learn

I'm guessing you're the one who made that aforementioned skill build, then?

Z-0
Mar 4, 2013, 10:18 PM
huh, I hit almost as hard as him. I'm only lower 'coz I'm using a shitty Lambda Aristin with 24 element (ftw).

All you really need to do is go for a MAXIMUM DAMAGE build.

try this (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03fbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0jebkIqoG XcA4QInfcA00008ebJbGBcBGFIb0000ib00000ib0000Ib0000 0ib00000f) (which is mine, I don't actually like the maxed S-Atk Up on FI but oh well)

While it is most likely not the same, you will hit the same / higher damage than him with the same gear. It's really not hard.

also increase your weapon elements if you can, this goes without saying. it's easy on the pyros (since you get +3 without fail each time, only element change once you're hitting 50).

Rien
Mar 4, 2013, 10:21 PM
erm, how's your mag, lol?

Dextro
Mar 4, 2013, 10:21 PM
Well everyone has JA and JA2 (or else you're a dummy), as well as wise/brave up. The only extra multiplier is wise/brave stance at 10 and then chase advance (I think).

The rest is down to fury ups and s-attack up placement.

Well you're not wrong, so why can't you make your own?

Why is this convo still going on? :hamster:

Rien
Mar 4, 2013, 10:24 PM
Because I don't hit hard enough <.<

Skyly HUmar
Mar 4, 2013, 10:26 PM
Well you're not wrong, so why can't you make your own?

Why is this convo still going on? :hamster:

Pretty much what im wondering. Buz zio posted a nice one for you. You shouldnt have any issues with it.

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2013, 10:27 PM
With changes to the hunter stances coming, I really would not get too worried about what the optimum build is right now. You can tinker, sure, but...we're something like two weeks away from an overhaul to the stances by this point.

(And no, I didn't make his tree, I just think guarding your own tree is silly)

Rien
Mar 4, 2013, 10:28 PM
With changes to the hunter stances coming, I really would not get too worried about what the optimum build is right now. You can tinker, sure, but...we're something like two weeks away from an overhaul to the stances by this point.

(And no, I didn't make his tree, I just think guarding your own tree is silly)

I meant the tree he said was close to his, but okay.

Z-0
Mar 4, 2013, 10:30 PM
oh yeah my mag is 120 s-atk and 30 dex.

Kind of wish the DEX was lower, since I play male cast, but it's not a problem at all.

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2013, 10:32 PM
Yup. Dex is only a bit less effective for overall dps gains than atk. You just raise your minimum instead of your maximum. It also opens up potential gear opportunities as new items are added, that may require dex.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 4, 2013, 10:34 PM
Its not really guarding my tree, i just dont wanna be the one he blames for ruining his tree/wasting money. I even told ST in a PM that I may share mine after the new skills.

The reason im so reluctant to help rein is because i dont like to hold someone's hand when they seem to know what they are doing.

Z-0
Mar 4, 2013, 10:40 PM
Nobody is going to blame you. :rolleyes: People can judge themselves whether they like a build or not.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 4, 2013, 10:45 PM
I didnt think so either but it has happened. And it doesnt really matter anymore since you gave him a pretty good one.

Z-0
Mar 4, 2013, 10:46 PM
oh yeah, about my tree, don't max s-atk up 1 and 2 lolol. personally I'd rather max Wise first.

Although we are getting skill tree resets so I Guess it doesn't matter if you do, unless you want something like Chase.

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2013, 10:47 PM
Well, I best handle that by explaining what to prioritize. E.g. multipliers are great for later game damage. Stat up skills are only bad investments if you don't plan on spending money later on, so if you know paying won't be an issue they're perfectly viable investments after you've maxed out the multipliers.

If it was me, and I wanted raw dee-pee-ess for bosses taken on from the front like rockbears and such, which I never really care about doing max damage on anyway but whatever, I'd go for something like this: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03gAbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0lbkIqBG KcBGDInfcA00008ebJbGAcAqscA0000ib00000ib0000Ib0000 0ib00000f

If I wanted some gears on fighter: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03gAbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0jebkbqo GKcAGDInfbN00009bJIGBcBqscB0000ib00000ib0000Ib0000 0ib00000f

JR is swapped because 3 SP out of FSU & loss of JC is less harsh than 2 SP out of a stat up in fighter (because all you'd want is knuckle gear and double saber gear for this build). Lol level yield curves. Or it might not be, depending on how often you use just counter. I dunno, figure it out.

Zenobia
Mar 4, 2013, 11:59 PM
What i chose and i don't regret it one bit.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03gAbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0jebkbqo GXJbqqIn00000ibHnJbIbFXIb0000ib00000ib0000Ib00000i b00000f

UnLucky
Mar 5, 2013, 12:55 PM
Wise Up 9??

Anyway, did you guys ever test Shifta Crit with no stances up? I forget which thread you pasted your findings in

Zenobia
Mar 6, 2013, 01:58 AM
Wise Up 9??

Anyway, did you guys ever test Shifta Crit with no stances up? I forget which thread you pasted your findings in

Whoops missed that point spec LOL i was a bit tired when i did that but yeah i maxed wise stance up.

To your shifta crit info we did that couple of days ago and our findings were just as Giga explained so im pretty much the only HU who can benefit greatly with or without shifta crit applied my crits are just lol.