PDA

View Full Version : Game for wii

Palle
Mar 4, 2013, 05:58 PM
...and I'm thinking I should pick up a Wii, before they truly go extinct. At first I asked myself, "are you sure you're not buying this just to have it?"

But I'm sure there are games I wanted to play for this system. I just can't remember what they were. Like any of them.

So, just for the hell of it, if my library were limited to 3 games, what are the 3 games I should own for this console?

Wyndham
Mar 4, 2013, 06:16 PM
The two Zelda games are a good idea.

Polly
Mar 4, 2013, 06:22 PM
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Metroid Prime 3

Sayara
Mar 4, 2013, 06:26 PM
Super Mario Galaxy 2 x2
Sonic Colors

NoiseHERO
Mar 4, 2013, 06:32 PM
No more heroes 2

Mario Galaxy 2 (I liked 1 better... but sequel basically same thing with more stuff)

Not even sure between twilight princess and skyward sword.

Retehi
Mar 4, 2013, 06:43 PM
Save your money. I personally wouldn't buy a console for just a few games myself.

But if you must, and you like fighters, try Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Outrider
Mar 4, 2013, 06:52 PM
Oh God, that's tough.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Amazing game)

Super Smash Bros Brawl (Lots of replay value)

No More Heroes (Everybody should play this)

Eman2417
Mar 4, 2013, 07:16 PM
Ssbb, metroid prime 3, and twilight princess.

Nicktendonick
Mar 4, 2013, 07:57 PM
Modding, enabling easy emulation on a full screen. Playing games like Mother 3 on a big flatscreen is really epic. It's relatively easy

Sinue_v2
Mar 4, 2013, 08:56 PM
I have No More Heroes 2 and Okami. That's it.

I keep meaning to pick up a Zelda or Mario title, but when it comes to the point of having cash in hand, I always find other games I want more. I think 5 would be a perfect number for the Wii.

So I'm thinking my other three should be The Last Story & Sakura Wars: So Long My Love... plus some Mario or Zelda title, because I know it'll be good... and it's tradition.

Maybe Kirby's Epic Yarn... or Monster Hunter Try if that's your thing. It's not mine.

At least rent Sakura Wars: SLML and give it a try. I honestly couldn't tell you what it is I like about it; there's a lot of critique that could be rightly leveled against the game, and it's structure is very non-conventional which may throw you off. Each individual component fails in some measure, but when taken together, props up the experience as a whole and results in a fun, charming, and memorable RPG that I found myself enjoying immensely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWj1WRyRh64

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2013, 10:37 PM
Just echoing Zelda Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 - except I'd advice Metroid Prime Trilogy instead. It's all 3 primes in one disc, with the first two reworked to use pretty much the best FPS controls ever devised (once you get used to them, and if they don't make you nauseous which is unfortunately a problem for some people). The wiimote controls are obscenely fluid and intuitive when you get the hang of them.

Powder Keg
Mar 4, 2013, 11:52 PM
Muramasa.

Mantiskilla
Mar 5, 2013, 01:54 AM
Fire Emblem if you can find it. That was pretty fun especially if you have cleared save data from GC version

Akaimizu
Mar 5, 2013, 04:02 PM
At least rent Sakura Wars: SLML and give it a try. I honestly couldn't tell you what it is I like about it; there's a lot of critique that could be rightly leveled against the game, and it's structure is very non-conventional which may throw you off. Each individual component fails in some measure, but when taken together, props up the experience as a whole and results in a fun, charming, and memorable RPG that I found myself enjoying immensely.

Funny enough, the same critique could be levelled towards the whole entire series. The whole thing is like that, to a degree. But true enough, the entire case for Sakura Taisen and its legion of fans is precisely that. It's wierd how none of the individual parts, by themselves (save some awesome music) are anything too stellar. You may find better individual parts in other games that have those parts separately. However, the way everything comes together is a pretty astounding production. Something about the whole thing together makes certain things that wouldn't pull on your heart strings, actually do it. Somehow...

It's almost like certain famous elaborate jazz pieces. It's like a bunch of potential train wrecks ready to happen; but it's the glue, and the right amounts of each, that turns it into something beautiful. Again, the main single thing the Taisen series has, which is stellar in itself, is the music.

I actually still want to find the Wii version even though I already have the special edition for the PS2. (Main reason is that version only has both English and Japanese voiced versions together) But the Wii version has a better experience of the English version given its format, support for progressive displays, and the lack of one major annoying fact that the PS2 version won't even play unless you use *specifically* Sony brand PS2 wired controllers. (And I thought publishers were completely done with games that had that awful controller check restriction. Most of them didn't do it. Like for this game, it was completely unnecessary. Can't see why, of all people, Sega and NIS put that through towards the end of the PS2 lifecycle.)

NoiseHERO
Mar 5, 2013, 05:21 PM
\that moment when you realize theres more than 6 games worth having on the wii

Polly
Mar 5, 2013, 05:35 PM
\that moment when you realize theres more than 6 games worth having on the wii

Oh piffle, I have 18 games for my Wii, and the only one I really have any active disdain for is Metroid: Other M.

NoiseHERO
Mar 6, 2013, 01:15 AM
Oh piffle, I have 18 games for my Wii, and the only one I really have any active disdain for is Metroid: Other M.

I got Twilight Princess... Brawl... Both mario galaxies, no more heroes 2 and trauma center...

Then I proceeded to sell all of them except no more heroes 2... and I was afraid to buy more games. D:

(But I only sold em so I could buy more games... then probably sold THOSE games <_<; cause man I miss these games... even brawl.)

Outrider
Mar 6, 2013, 01:19 AM

Man, I actually kind of like Other M. The narrative is awful and stupid and sexist and horrible (did I mention it was stupid?), but I think the gameplay actually has a lot going for it.

That being said, I haven't been bothered to play through it for a second time, so who knows if it would hold up. Can you skip cut scenes? That might help.

Anyway, the three game limitation is the hard part in this thread. I've been saying this for years, but I genuinely believe that the Wii easily takes the top spots in terms of best games this generation.

Polly
Mar 6, 2013, 01:25 AM
Man, I actually kind of like Other M. The narrative is awful and stupid and sexist and horrible (did I mention it was stupid?), but I think the gameplay actually has a lot going for it.

That being said, I haven't been bothered to play through it for a second time, so who knows if it would hold up. Can you skip cut scenes? That might help.

Yeah, when you play through the game a second time you can skip the cutscenes. Do it on Hard mode for a really good challenge, and I believe you get the most out of its fast action combat. But it also eliminates ALL pickups too, so...kinda not very Metroid.

And yeah...don't even get me started on that narrative...

RLbitClassica
Mar 6, 2013, 01:44 AM
My pick:

-Super Smash Bros. Brawl(this is a must have)
-No More Heroes and NMH2
-Madworld
-Red Steel 2(cheesy story, but fun gameplay)

And if you're open to any gamecube suggestions, I'd recommend Killer7. It's gameplay is.... interesting at best, but the surreal and complicated narrative make this one of my favorite games of all time.

Blackheart521
Mar 6, 2013, 01:45 AM
Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube) and Tales of Symphonia 2 (Wii)

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 6, 2013, 03:46 AM
I got Twilight Princess... Brawl... Both mario galaxies, no more heroes 2 and trauma center...
Then I proceeded to sell all of them except no more heroes 2... and I was afraid to buy more games. D:
(But I only sold em so I could buy more games... then probably sold THOSE games <_<; cause man I miss these games... even brawl.)
Those girls in the

AMERICAN NEW YORK COMBAT REVUE~

are way manlier than you in this post over here doing a tsundere roleplay or something. Damn son.

--
The Wii is a hardcore system here Palle. Are you ready to have a $100 or more total interchangeable bonus parts controller/Controller PRO?! Good thing the Wii Fits might be off the shelves by now because if your wife saw that that'd be another $100 probably. A quick look yes its still locked in at $99 retail with the balance board.

And looks like the motion plus is included in a regular wiimote by now. So $80 instead of $100

I went off from this topic and recently read a bunch of stuff around 1up on this Wii, which could influence some of your decisions too.

http://www.1up.com/features/cover-story-look-back-wii

the 3rd game in Operation Rainfall is coming out too, later this year

http://www.1up.com/features/import-only-wii-games-never-america

Pandora's Tower was evidently a risk for Nintendo. It began as an original action game from the largely unproven developer Ganbarion, and the premise was downright grisly: a warrior slays monsters so he can bring their flesh to a woman, who must then devour this offal raw to keep herself from changing into a grotesquerie. It's not exactly another round of rescuing Princess Peach from Bowser.

The woman is Elena, and she's struck by an arcane curse during a religious ceremony. Hunted by imperial exterminators, she and her soldier friend Aeron narrowly escape with the aid of Mavda, a suspicious old peddler who carries her nightmarish husband on her back. All of them flee into a vast wasteland, where a fortress is suspended on chains above a threatening chasm. Here Aeron braves each of the castle's 13 towers and hunts down beasts for Elena to consume, all while both of them hope to somehow cure her hideous affliction.
Yikes. The vore version of Shadow of the Colossus or something

NoiseHERO
Mar 6, 2013, 06:07 AM
Those girls in the

AMERICAN NEW YORK COMBAT REVUE~

are way manlier than you in this post over here doing a tsundere roleplay or something. Damn son.

dafuq

I like my wii though

I just never counted how many games on it were actually good.

CelestialBlade
Mar 6, 2013, 06:48 AM
- Trauma Team
- Twilight Princess
- Super Mario Galaxy (either, but you may as well get 2)

Ce'Nedra
Mar 6, 2013, 08:12 AM
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower
Zelda Twillight Princess
Zelda Skyward Sword
Monster Hunter Tri
Super Mario Galaxy 1 (never bought 2 so dunno if its still as good as 1)
Super Smash Bross Brawl

That's basically all you need as a Wii owner IMO, though its ofcourse based on personal preferance. Now if you have to pick 3 I say this:

1 Xenoblade Chronicles
2 Zelda Skyward Sword
3 Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bross Brawl

Outrider
Mar 6, 2013, 12:04 PM
- Trauma Team
- Twilight Princess
- Super Mario Galaxy (either, but you may as well get 2)

Shoot, I keep meaning to pick up Trauma Team. I've heard really good things about it.

Also, we totally didn't go into the WiiWare games yet, because there are a ton of good WiiWare games.

Polly
Mar 6, 2013, 02:18 PM
Also, we totally didn't go into the WiiWare games yet, because there are a ton of good WiiWare games.

Castlevania and Gradius ReBirth both get my vote if you're into those series and want "more of that." I thought Castlevania was especially interesting anyway since it's got some Rondo of Blood elements.

I'm a bit Shaky on Contra ReBirth. It's alright, but as a huge Contra fan I just wasn't impressed.

CelestialBlade
Mar 6, 2013, 02:26 PM
Shoot, I keep meaning to pick up Trauma Team. I've heard really good things about it.
You won't be disappointed. Not quite as nerve-wracking as I found Trauma Center to be, really great character development, and an intriguing ongoing plot that will have you pretty hooked when it picks up. And the ending had me reaching for the tissues, it's powerful.

Noblewine
Mar 6, 2013, 10:55 PM
If you like the classic you can download rpg's like Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire, Secret of mana on the wii. I also suggest Arc Rise Fantasia. I think they have the classic kirby, zelda and mario games available for download as well.

Monochrome
Mar 7, 2013, 12:56 AM
Mario Galaxy 2
Mario Galaxy
Wii Sports Resort (no, really)

Palle
Mar 7, 2013, 01:17 AM
Alright, first thanks for all the responses. I put these together along with some other suggestions to get a working list going.

PSOW Essentials:

No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2
U R MR GAY 2
LoZ: Twilight Princess
LoZ: Skyward Sword
Metroid Prime Collection

PSOW Recommended:

Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Tatsunoko v Capcom
Muramasa
Punch Out!
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Namco Essentials:

Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
Mad World
Muscle March

Namco Recommended:

Lost in Shadow
A Boy and his Blob
Klonoa
Super Paper Mario 2
Trauma Center
Trauma Team

Thanks to everyone, my memory was jogged and I was able to remember the games I wanted. So I will start off with:

Sky Crawlers
Fragile Dreams

plus

No More Heroes
Xenoblade Chronicles

...and I'll go from there.

Polly
Mar 7, 2013, 08:20 AM
Metroid Prime Collection, Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade are gonna be titles you'll have to really shop around for. I don't think I've seen any of them for less than $70, especially the Prime Collection since it had such a small availability window. Just a heads up on that.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 7, 2013, 08:58 AM
Xenoblade isn't by Namco and neither is The Last Story ;o

But yes Xenoblade, get that first, one of the best games I ever played.