PDA

View Full Version : 27th March Update

Z-0
Mar 5, 2013, 07:40 AM
http://nicoviewer.net/sm20254023

New Team Room Functions

Team Room Design: That Hot Spring thing. (edit: it costs 2k to switch between room designs, with team level 3).
Team Room Jukebox: Just like My Room, although it costs 200 TP to switch between songs.
Photon Tree Expansion: You can now level it more.

Weapon Camouflage - Weapon Camouflage items are exclusive items only from the AC Scratch. With this update, 13 are getting released based on astrological signs.

New Scratch - Includes kimonos, bathtowels and some weird male outfit with a cape. (kind of like an officier uniform)

Story Quests - All exclusives will be coming to all platforms (that is, MB9/10 to PC, and MB11 to Vita).

Chrome Dragon EQ - Continent EQ. His rare form can also spawn here.

The other fixes proposed for Hunter buffs, 10* item trading, etc, will all happen at different dates throughout March and April.

NOTE:

Sega are currently holding a secret campaign they posted on the livestream earlier today. If you type “かまたろう” (without quotations), you will receive voice tickets late in March.

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 07:47 AM
For skinning, the weapon does not have the bind icon next to the weapon icon and it does not give the bind prompt when being selected. So that's nice.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 5, 2013, 07:49 AM
So....no special items required to change the look of the weapon?

...So, Sega. Thanks for an awesome birthday present. XD

EDIT: And Bath towels. OLAF! Your update is here! XD

Dnd
Mar 5, 2013, 07:52 AM
Guess its time to clear the matterboard I've yet to do then

Maximum Burst
Mar 5, 2013, 08:05 AM
As soon as I read this, I logged in and yanked my Tarnada from my shop. The price might go up dramatically thanks to the camouflage thing.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 5, 2013, 08:07 AM
when are we getting the White Day Lobby???

Dragon Slayer sword and Crome Dragon Back Unit. DO WANT!!!!!! aaaaaarggh!

Z-0
Tomorrow... this isn't part of this update.

Ezodagrom
when are we getting the White Day Lobby???
Tomorrow.

Caledonia
Mar 5, 2013, 08:09 AM
Kimonos and Bath towels... a "Hot Springs" update? May I read into this that an upcoming new area might feature a lot of water, without raising too many hopes? -Or is that just the team room design?

(Then again, a hot-spring in the team room...?)

Z-0
Mar 5, 2013, 08:09 AM
It's a team room design, nothing more.

Laxedrane
Mar 5, 2013, 08:12 AM
I am digging the bath house theme for the rooms! Like the male costumes(on the fence about the cape) also... Uhmmm Casts?

So is that new area just a team room only area? I am confused..

Ezodagrom
Mar 5, 2013, 08:14 AM
So is that new area just a team room only area? I am confused..
Team room design, just a place to hang out.

SkyeNorvil
Mar 5, 2013, 08:22 AM
Digging the caped male costume. Why?

Because of this guy right here:

RAIDOU MOTHERFUCKING KUZUNOHA
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--iQsGhNVlPg/UGNlQVbVXUI/AAAAAAAABIs/lZ9IF_I8dcE/s1600/art-003.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Also...just when I think those female costumes couldn't get more lewd. They bring out the bath towels...
[S]I'm still going to get it

Sayara
Mar 5, 2013, 08:31 AM
So I can put vital folones costume over my Garland? Sign me up.
To this day I've never been in my teams room
.. :(

redroses
Mar 5, 2013, 08:48 AM
Oh man, that team room expansion is awesome. When that comes out I am never leaving that place again. I will also need a bath towel for that area, because it fits, lol.
2,000 points is also a great price! Oh my, it looks so beautiful!

Also, Another project cute outfit from PSU coming in that scratch, meh. And no Caseal parts again, or what?

Weapon skinning looks awesome and easy, I love it!

Reiketsu
Mar 5, 2013, 08:50 AM
Digging the caped male costume. Why?

RAIDOU MOTHERFUCKING KUZUNOHA
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--iQsGhNVlPg/UGNlQVbVXUI/AAAAAAAABIs/lZ9IF_I8dcE/s1600/art-003.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Also...just when I think those female costumes couldn't get more lewd. They bring out the bath towels...
[S]I'm still going to get it

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!
RAIDOU KUZUNOHA COSTUME?? OMG! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!
I'm SO going to make a male character now!!

And lol at bath towels... I knew it xD

The team room expansion looks really sweet as does the lobby... and team room jukebox... about time >_>
Also that new my room theme... need to have it >__<"
And those kimonos... wow, screw tomorrow's update! I want March 27th TOMORROW!! Q__Q

Soultrigger
Mar 5, 2013, 09:10 AM
The weapon skin isn't a weapon. Soo what about all those Nacht weapons again?
Unless you can convert weapons into skins (which I guess is the "consumption").

Hoping it's universal...

Noc Codez
Mar 5, 2013, 09:12 AM
Is this for pc and vita or vita only ?

Ezodagrom
Mar 5, 2013, 09:15 AM
For both platforms.

Anyway, apparently they showed a new field in the broadcast? Unfortunately I was kicked out of nico nico while they were doing the skyland EQ that ends in Chrome Dragon, didn't think they would show anything new after that so I just stopped trying to get in, but apparently they did show something new... :|

Noc Codez
Mar 5, 2013, 09:18 AM
Ok thanks for the quick reply :)

Alenoir
Mar 5, 2013, 09:27 AM
Anyway, apparently they showed a new field in the broadcast? Unfortunately I was kicked out of nico nico while they were doing the skyland EQ that ends in Chrome Dragon, didn't think they would show anything new after that so I just stopped trying to get in, but apparently they did show something new... :|
If I ever bothered to screen cap the timeshift and no one put up anything by then, I'll throw pics up if I get the chance.

Speaking of which a Falz will happen in about 32 minutes if I was reading the tweet correctly.

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 09:29 AM

They're the same game, so both. When the server goes offline to update, you need to update your PC client to connect again, right? The same is true for the vita client.

They all connect to the same server, and have the same data. The only difference really is in the graphics and one or two platform-specific features - all the weapons, maps, etc. are the same. Heck, if you get into the Vita side story all you've really done is enabled it by being on the vita. You can enable the story on the vita and immediately hop on to the PC to run the story, as far as I'm aware.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 5, 2013, 09:31 AM
Bathtowels aw yeah~ Wonder why the show that Fang Banshee/Banther Wand so much, maybe first all class Wand?

Ezodagrom
Mar 5, 2013, 09:34 AM
New field here, 3rd Amduscia area.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20255014

*want it now* D:

Soultrigger
Mar 5, 2013, 09:43 AM
It's been so long since we got a new map...

I don't think I'll comment on the new content. I'll spare people my pessimism.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 5, 2013, 09:46 AM
New field here, 3rd Amduscia area.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20255014

*want it now* D:

No idea why but I don't see a video when I click this link, only a thumbnail.

Ezodagrom
Mar 5, 2013, 09:47 AM
No idea why but I don't see a video when I click this link, only a thumbnail.
You have to login, I guess. ^^;

KuroCrow
Mar 5, 2013, 09:48 AM
new scorpion boss eh.....finally something similar to Akura Vashimu

edit:doesnt really look like a scorpion,my bad

Alenoir
Mar 5, 2013, 09:54 AM
Weapon skins seem to be completely different items made specifically as weapon skins. Wonder if you can camouflage with the currently existing weapons...

Taishou roman costumes are awesome! Can't wait to fill my storage up with them.

mailsonds
Mar 5, 2013, 09:56 AM
Those who Walk Together part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcmkzNyu6j0&feature=youtu.be

Ezodagrom
Mar 5, 2013, 10:01 AM
Flying Diggs. xD

[spoiler-box]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6113/flyingdiggs.jpg[/spoiler-box]

And quoting this for the youtube link for the late March update to be in the new page. ^^

Those who Walk Together part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcmkzNyu6j0&feature=youtu.be

mailsonds
Mar 5, 2013, 10:02 AM
Video of the new field PSO2 JP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9xNuSp9dQk&feature=youtu.be

Ce'Nedra
Mar 5, 2013, 10:04 AM
You have to login, I guess. ^^;

Odd, I could see the otherone just fine.

Guess I'll have to make an account sometime soon then ^^;

Ezodagrom
Mar 5, 2013, 10:05 AM
Odd, I could see the otherone just fine.

Guess I'll have to make an account sometime soon then ^^;
The video is already up in youtube anyway (mailsonds post). ^^

redroses
Mar 5, 2013, 10:06 AM
Oh my god, those new enemies look awesome! Especially that fat summoner guy (dibs on his rod, lol). I also really like the look of the new dragon boss, especially his face.

The new field looks interesting as well.

It's about new time that a new field comes out, can't wait for this!!!

gigawuts
Weapon skins seem to be completely different items made specifically as weapon skins. Wonder if you can camouflage with the currently existing weapons...

Taishou roman costumes are awesome! Can't wait to fill my storage up with them.

This is a good point. The reskin weapon (*ディー・ジ・アリエス, can't really find that star character) has a completely different icon from the actual wand in the video. The reskin weapon also has no required stats, damage value, or extra tabs on the info window like actual weapons do.

And no, no mention of being allclass in the description either.

Ce'Nedra
Yeah just saw it, it looks frigging good. Can't wait, any news on when it will arrive?

GIB NAO SEGA

Ezodagrom
Mar 5, 2013, 10:09 AM
Yeah just saw it, it looks frigging good. Can't wait, any news on when it will arrive?

GIB NAO SEGA
It's arriving in April:

Yes for real this time! At the end of the Live Broadcast, Sakai presented a new field for Planet Amduscia. This area uses the same architecture found in the Chrome Dragon’s boss arena.

Dragon Altar plans to release in April.
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-new-field-dragon-altar-pso2-broadcast-6/

Enforcer MKV
Mar 5, 2013, 10:11 AM
This is a good point. The reskin weapon (*ディー・ジ・アリエス, can't really find that star character) has a completely different icon from the actual wand in the video. The reskin weapon also has no required stats, damage value, or extra tabs on the info window like actual weapons do.

And no, no mention of being allclass in the description either.

...Just give us the option to skin with any weapon we have on our character, Sega. FFS.

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 10:17 AM
I do recall hearing something about existing weapons being used as skins in the broadcast, so I really couldn't say what to expect.

mommy_cornelia
Mar 5, 2013, 10:18 AM
We get it in april? Thats a nice birthday present >w>

Enforcer MKV
Mar 5, 2013, 10:20 AM
I do recall hearing something about existing weapons being used as skins in the broadcast, so I really couldn't say what to expect.

I'm hoping that there are "special" skins that you can only get with AC, but still have the option to reskin with the weapons you find. >_>

I want my rifles to look like Full Cylinders, gosh darn it.

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 10:43 AM
From what bumped.org says you can't customize your weapon to look like the weapon you actually want it to look like. =.=
Really disappointing thing you did there, Sega.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 5, 2013, 10:46 AM
From what bumped.org says you can't customize your weapon to look like the weapon you actually want it to look like. =.=
Really disappointing thing you did there, Sega.

Truly...well, so much for that nice birthday surprise.

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 10:49 AM
Wow, so that's pretty dumb.

Maybe they'll allow weapon-skin conversion. Take a weapon, turn it into a skin, use the skin. Not holding my breath, but it's the only way to save that system.

I mean, geeze, the entire purpose of a skinning system is the ability to make anything look like anything else. NOT the ability to make anything look like only like three things.

Kitora
Mar 5, 2013, 10:49 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - The coast skin for the team room needs to be a field.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 5, 2013, 11:02 AM
Wow, so that's pretty dumb.

Maybe they'll allow weapon-skin conversion. Take a weapon, turn it into a skin, use the skin. Not holding my breath, but it's the only way to save that system.

I mean, geeze, the entire purpose of a skinning system is the ability to make anything look like anything else. NOT the ability to make anything look like only like three things.

Maybe it was just easier to make skinning items rather than an option to turn weapons into sk-

....Okay, I'll stop kidding myself. ._. At least we get Team Jukeboxes and hopefully that field falls on Cornelia's birthday. That'd be a nice gift.

Zyrusticae
Mar 5, 2013, 11:43 AM
From what I can tell, weapon skins are separate items entirely and may be dropped like regular items or attained through some other method (I really have no idea how you get them at this point).

We don't know how many skins there are or even how they are attained, so I'm in a "wait-and-see" mode. Was still pretty disappointing that they went this route, though. As if I needed the inventory clutter...

Resanoca
Mar 5, 2013, 11:44 AM
So those hot springs are a team room thing. :3

Crysteon
Mar 5, 2013, 11:47 AM
The fat summoner dragonkin just cracked me up.

Resanoca
Mar 5, 2013, 11:49 AM
The fat summoner dragonkin just cracked me up.Jabu Jabu? D:

Also, the new room stuff. Washroom and oriental room... I have a lot of work to do soon.

TehblackUchiha
Mar 5, 2013, 11:52 AM
The weapon you are skinning over must be the same weapon category as the weapon camo.

That was from bumped and even though the wand skin thing in the video was classless i still think you can reskin over any weapon. There may just be some things that are exclusive skins.

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 11:59 AM
From what I can tell, weapon skins are separate items entirely and may be dropped like regular items or attained through some other method (I really have no idea how you get them at this point).

We don't know how many skins there are or even how they are attained, so I'm in a "wait-and-see" mode. Was still pretty disappointing that they went this route, though. As if I needed the inventory clutter...

The video shows it during the AC scratch lineup with the text for AC scratch on the screen. It's a new cosmetic item category. Cosmetic items tend to be obtainable via scratch.

It's pretty clear they can and will charge money for it.

EvilMag
Mar 5, 2013, 12:15 PM
So once again Sega takes one step forward and two steps back with this weapon skinning system.

I'm not surprised. Cue the drip feeding weapon skins.

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 12:34 PM
Worth noting is that the item name is prefixed with the star symbol. It could be that they'll allow players to get a conversion item in AC scratch, and that's just one pre-converted item?

I mean really, they'd be fools to pass that up.

And since it's cosmetic from scratch, hopefully it wouldn't ever bind so you could resell it (like costumes & furniture, but not tickets).

Z-0
Mar 5, 2013, 12:36 PM
And nobody mentions that there are no cast parts yet again.

o/

D-Inferno
Mar 5, 2013, 12:40 PM

o/
Wow, even I failed to notice that.

Then again, Ronia and Balder are pretty much fine for me. Legias's parts and PSO1 HUcast parts are the only things I'm looking forward too. New cast parts that aren't stupid/bland looking would be nice though.

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 12:44 PM

o/

No roboto parts needed in this waifu sim. ^^

Enforcer MKV
Mar 5, 2013, 12:51 PM

o/

I noticed; I'm just more worried about how badly Sega messed up the Camo system. I've wanted this for months. @_@

Worth noting is that the item name is prefixed with the star symbol. It could be that they'll allow players to get a conversion item in AC scratch, and that's just one pre-converted item?

I mean really, they'd be fools to pass that up.

And since it's cosmetic from scratch, hopefully it wouldn't ever bind so you could resell it (like costumes & furniture, but not tickets).

Hope it's something like that...So long as the weapon is converted to a Camo item, and can be re-used indefinitely.

Laxedrane
Mar 5, 2013, 12:51 PM

o/

I did on page two chachi:P

Gardios
Mar 5, 2013, 12:52 PM
Towels and uniform? This must be the best scratch update for male character yet.

Now I just want some clean looking beards to go with the uniform...

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 01:00 PM
Worst case scenerio the weapon skins are an AC scratch item that will be up in the shop for roughly 1.3mil~. I knew sega would miss the mark with this one some way, just wasn't sure how sega could possibly butcher something so commonplace in other online games. But besides that I'm happy for all the new stuff we're getting, and the new amduscia looks way past cool. ^^

Drifting Fable
Mar 5, 2013, 01:01 PM
So I'm really reading this right about weapon skins? I mean just look at what the team was talking about when the concept of weapon cammos first came about. (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-weapon-camouflage/)

I really hope Sega is just saying they going to make some weapon designs that are solely skins not the shallow system its looking to be right now.

EvilMag
Mar 5, 2013, 01:02 PM
So I wonder when the Yas 9000 skin will come. I want to skin my Surukurais to something that doesn't look ridiculous. (As in I want guns that actually look like fucking guns.)

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 01:04 PM
So I'm really reading this right about weapon skins? I mean just look at what the team was talking about when the concept of weapon cammos first came about. (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-weapon-camouflage/)

I really hope Sega is just saying they going to make some weapon designs that are solely skins not the shallow system its looking to be right now.

Source: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-weapon-camouflage/

You know what? It does say we'd be able to use pre-existing weapons as skins for our weapons. Maybe we jumped the gun. I'll just have to step back and see what happens at this point. ^^; Come on sega! Bring this one home this time.

UnLucky
Mar 5, 2013, 01:05 PM
Great so now I have to throw real money at a slot machine to get a random item skin that I might not even be able to use, and if it is the one I want, it permanently takes up space in my inventory??

Fuckin Sega?

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 01:06 PM
Source: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-weapon-camouflage/

You know what? It does say we'd be able to use pre-existing weapons as skins for our weapons. Maybe we jumped the gun. I'll just have to step back and see what happens at this point. ^^; Come on sega! Bring this one home this time.

No, it doesn't say we well, it says...

Shougai commented that if they allow you to do pre-existing weapons, you could have the Mehren Nenka (double saber) look like a Gwanahdouble.

Which is puzzling, as they also specifically mention the nacht weapons, but who knows maybe they would re-release those as skins.

UnLucky
Mar 5, 2013, 01:09 PM
$5 says this is the only way Chainsawd is coming to PSO2

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 01:09 PM
Oh. I did not see that "if."

EDIT:

I don't know. After reading the blog about camouflage weapons I have to say that the information is contradicting to what the trailer shows us.
Feed us more bones, Sega.

GuardianGirth
Mar 5, 2013, 01:22 PM
The new field looks awesome and the music makes me go ;DDDDDDDDDDD.

yoshiblue
Mar 5, 2013, 01:35 PM
I still think they hired Masaharu Iwata Hitoshi Sakimoto for that first song.

WBMike
Mar 5, 2013, 01:51 PM
No, it doesn't say we well, it says...

Which is puzzling, as they also specifically mention the nacht weapons, but who knows maybe they would re-release those as skins.

Oh. I did not see that "if."
EDIT:
I don't know. After reading the blog about camouflage weapons I have to say that the information is contradicting to what the trailer shows us.
Feed us more bones, Sega.

I think people are confusing Shougai for the development team. Shougai is a PSO fansite from (http://www.g-heaven.net/), which is mainly where your magazine related PSO2 news comes from.

Often times Shougai will comment on a story, (We'll usually say Shougai comments... Shougai speculates.. Shougai thinks.. Shougai believes...)

"Shougai comments how this feature could be useful for those magazine /nacht weapons which have a tendency to be very weak."

Unfortunately magazine scans are hard to come by, so the community relies on Shougai to relay the information. This goes all the way back before the blog even existed. (Though back then, the structure of Shougai's site focused more on bullet points rather than speculation.)

This format has been going on since Phantasy Star Portable 2, but I see that this may be confusing new readers into thinking Shougai is the development team.

So in the future we'll present a statement for every article that quotes Shougai.

Speaking of which, this also applies for the 7 Star Weapons and Mag Feeding. While Sakai is contemplating whether he should allow 7 star weapons; Shougai is speculating that he may be only letting us feed them 7 star weapons.

Poubelle
Mar 5, 2013, 03:00 PM
link to the male costumes?

Xaeris
Mar 5, 2013, 03:34 PM
The new field looks pretty awesome. I like the maps overall, but a problem that's been eating at me is that they're nearly all surface maps out in the wilderness. It'll be nice to explore a closed in space for a change.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 5, 2013, 03:35 PM
The new field looks pretty awesome. I like the maps overall, but a problem that's been eating at me is that they're nearly all surface maps out in the wilderness. It'll be nice to explore a closed in space for a change.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Xaeris
Mar 5, 2013, 03:54 PM
Holy ****, I completely glossed over this part: "75% EXP Correction when 15 levels away." Jesus Christ, this solves just about everything that's terrible about leveling lowbies.

Also, could we get this bit edited into the OP?

- Secret Campaign: If you type “かまたろう” (without quotations) in chat, you can receive new voice tickets in your special storage box late march. You have until 3/13′s maintenance to qualify for this campaign.

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 04:06 PM
- Secret Campaign: If you type “かまたろう” (without quotations) in chat, you can receive new voice tickets in your special storage box late march. You have until 3/13′s maintenance to qualify for this campaign.

What.
Don't pull my leg. :(

Enforcer MKV
Mar 5, 2013, 04:08 PM
What.
Don't pull my leg. :(

It's legit.

TehblackUchiha
Mar 5, 2013, 04:08 PM
ok they totally fucked this up

Bumped:

Weapon Camos
-It’s like giving clothes to your weapons.
-They are separate items entirely.
-They apply a skin over weapons of the same type.
-Weapon Camo Guitar Case (Assault Rifle) can be applied over Assault Rifle weapon types.
-Weapon Camo DG Aries (Wand) can be applied over Wand weapon types.
-You can obtain the Guitar Case Weapon Camo from the Concert
-Each month they’ll release new Weapon Camos.

redroses
Mar 5, 2013, 04:10 PM

o/

I mentioned it, but only for there not being any new Caseal parts (should have included Casts as well, but forgot to add that).

Either way, I am really frustrated about that. I mean, they could at least add some PSU Cast/Caseal parts if they are adding other PSU clothing.

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 04:10 PM
It's legit.

Source?

Quote:
Bumped:

Weapon Camos
-It’s like giving clothes to your weapons.
-They are separate items entirely.
-They apply a skin over weapons of the same type.
-Weapon Camo Guitar Case (Assault Rifle) can be applied over Assault Rifle weapon types.
-Weapon Camo DG Aries (Wand) can be applied over Wand weapon types.
-You can obtain the Guitar Case Weapon Camo from the Concert
-Each month they’ll release new Weapon Camos.

The hell Sega. :/ Did they read my worse case scenario and said to themselves, "heh, we can think of something far worse to $#% off our playerbase!"?
What a huge, huge let down.

Xaeris
Mar 5, 2013, 04:12 PM
Bumped.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 5, 2013, 04:13 PM
Source?

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-new-field-dragon-altar-pso2-broadcast-6/

Look under "Live Broadcast Portion"

Reiketsu
Mar 5, 2013, 04:19 PM
Source?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u566/PsychoMassacre/10_20130305215630_zps4c4b510c.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Railkune
Mar 5, 2013, 04:20 PM
Holy ****, I completely glossed over this part: "75% EXP Correction when 15 levels away." Jesus Christ, this solves just about everything that's terrible about leveling lowbies.

Also, could we get this bit edited into the OP?

Your entire post just made me a very happy person. Thank you.

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 04:20 PM
Oh I see it. Nice, free voice tickets!

Enforcer MKV
Mar 5, 2013, 04:21 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://blog-imgs-54-origin.fc2.com/p/s/o/pso2kizuna/10_20130305215630.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

...error 404...

Reiketsu
Mar 5, 2013, 04:26 PM
...error 404...

What? Works for me... well, uploaded it to photobucket and replaced the link ô_o

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 06:01 PM
I think people are confusing Shougai for the development team. Shougai is a PSO fansite from (http://www.g-heaven.net/), which is mainly where your magazine related PSO2 news comes from.

Often times Shougai will comment on a story, (We'll usually say Shougai comments... Shougai speculates.. Shougai thinks.. Shougai believes...)

"Shougai comments how this feature could be useful for those magazine /nacht weapons which have a tendency to be very weak."

Unfortunately magazine scans are hard to come by, so the community relies on Shougai to relay the information. This goes all the way back before the blog even existed. (Though back then, the structure of Shougai's site focused more on bullet points rather than speculation.)

This format has been going on since Phantasy Star Portable 2, but I see that this may be confusing new readers into thinking Shougai is the development team.

So in the future we'll present a statement for every article that quotes Shougai.

Speaking of which, this also applies for the 7 Star Weapons and Mag Feeding. While Sakai is contemplating whether he should allow 7 star weapons; Shougai is speculating that he may be only letting us feed them 7 star weapons.

OH, this makes perfect sense. Thanks for the clarification. I normally see g-heaven referred to as just "g-heaven," and assumed "Shougai" was a person at Sega. Glad that's cleared up.

Zyrusticae
Mar 5, 2013, 06:32 PM
ok they totally fucked this up
YES THEY DID.

I hope the JP player base rides their ass on this one. This isn't even remotely a good idea. What about all the other weapons that will never, ever see use ever again because their stats suck ass? Grumble, grumble, grumble....

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 06:40 PM
YES THEY DID.

I hope the JP player base rides their ass on this one. This isn't even remotely a good idea. What about all the other weapons that will never, ever see use ever again because their stats suck ass? Grumble, grumble, grumble....

There will be reskins of those! Just think of the saved time and resources :wacko:

UnLucky
Mar 5, 2013, 06:42 PM
Ahaha, 90% of all gear is worthless garbage nobody ever uses

And now the 1% that you see people actually equip can now either look the same or look a different same!!

Thanks Sega!:nerd:

The Walrus
Mar 5, 2013, 06:42 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Why the hell can't we just equip weapons we have to a slot to use them as a skin for another weapon and just have separate unique skins you can win

UnLucky
Mar 5, 2013, 06:43 PM
Because if you could skin anything to anything, there would be less total purchases of exclusive weapon skins, duh!

Enforcer MKV
Mar 5, 2013, 06:44 PM

Why the hell can't we just equip weapons we have to a slot to use them as a skin for another weapon and just have separate unique skins you can win

Because Sega is f*cking stupid.

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 06:48 PM

Because that'd make too much sense.

~Aya~
Mar 5, 2013, 06:51 PM
Because that'd make too much sense.

Can I make my Elder Rod look like a 1★ Rod? ●Hopes●

SEGA:" Wish granted. That'll be 500 AC."

Me: "Lucky!"

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 06:54 PM
Can I make my Elder Rod look like a 1★ Rod? ●Hopes●

SEGA:" Wish granted. That'll be 500 AC."

Me: "Lucky!"

We all know this is the plan.

How to implement a new feature that you know players will hate in two easy steps.
1. Implement something even worse than what you ultimately want
2. When players have cried for a week "listen" to the feedback and "fix" the problem with what you wanted all along

Countdown to AC scratch conversion item in 3...2...

~Aya~
Mar 5, 2013, 06:56 PM

How to implement a new feature that you know players will hate in two easy steps.
2. When players have cried for a week "listen" to the feedback and "fix" the problem with what you wanted all along

1... Emergancy Maintenance!! Need to add these features asap!!!!

Maronji
Mar 5, 2013, 07:02 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u566/PsychoMassacre/10_20130305215630_zps4c4b510c.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Anyone know if you just have to say it once in public chat or if there are any "catches" to this campaign apart from just saying the keyword?

I'm interested in these voices they're giving away, and I want to be able to secure myself at least one set.

Dnd
Mar 5, 2013, 07:17 PM
Anyone know if you just have to say it once in public chat or if there are any "catches" to this campaign apart from just saying the keyword?

I'm interested in these voices they're giving away, and I want to be able to secure myself at least one set.

Aha, this would explain why I saw this popping up all the time during the countdown for the falz EQ teleporter. The chat translator kept popping up with 'would bite' and I was sat thinking it must be a missed meaning thanks to Google translate. My guess is you just need to put it in public chat, as maybe part of a sentence

UnLucky
Mar 5, 2013, 07:35 PM

and if they don't complain, you get away with even more

~Aya~
Mar 5, 2013, 07:41 PM
I have a complaint about FO. We do not have the ability to teleport long distances. I demand an update.

Tankotron
Mar 5, 2013, 09:51 PM
:/
So basically, I dropped 8mil on the Nacht sword thinking I'd be able to turn it into a camo....and now Sega be telling me that ain't how it works? Well that's just faaaan-freakin-tastic!

Link1275
Mar 5, 2013, 10:05 PM

Just spam it in the lobby for an hour, you'll get entered for certain that way.

Neith
Mar 6, 2013, 12:51 PM
So what we have is another useless Rappy Fan/Cannon combo (like the yellow, white and pink ones weren't enough already), and weapon camo as AC (and restricted terribly).

Can't say I'm surprised, but it's almost hilarious now. The new area might be decent (the reskinned enemies don't exactly fill me with confidence, but we'll see), but the rest is typical of PSO2- seems like Sega's business model is 'if it's interesting, charge AC for it'.

Kind of wondering what these voices are, so I guess I'll try that out.

Tenlade
Mar 6, 2013, 06:12 PM
Because if you could skin anything to anything, there would be less total purchases of exclusive weapon skins, duh!

E....Except its a scratch lotto item, so people don't actually buy it, its just another type of prize.

Sega even your attempts to wring money out of the playerbase are done wrong.

Shinmarizu
Mar 6, 2013, 07:01 PM
E....Except its a scratch lotto item, so people don't actually buy it, its just another type of prize.

Sega even your attempts to wring money out of the playerbase are done wrong.

They're still making money off us regardless - best we can do is use them, or sell the crap and get some return on it.

Z-0
Mar 6, 2013, 07:10 PM
So anyway, looking at the video again, Hot Springs looks more like a rental than a permanent addition to the Team Room. I'm not sure what the text at the bottom means, but it has a date, and I assume that is the expiry date of the design.

Shinmarizu
Mar 6, 2013, 07:15 PM
Rental? That might explain its cost... Not exactly happy about that. Hope it is permanent.
That does imply that there are other rental additions like this in the future.

BIG OLAF
Mar 6, 2013, 07:40 PM
did someone motherfucking say

[SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX]BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH TOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLSS SSSSSSSS[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

...?

The Walrus
Mar 6, 2013, 07:43 PM
Nope.

untrustful
Mar 6, 2013, 11:33 PM
Im pretty sure the date just indicates either when it's coming out or when it stops being available.

Shinmarizu
Mar 6, 2013, 11:59 PM

[SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX]BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH TOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLSS SSSSSSSS[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

...?

Hey En! Olaf reacted just like you said he would. :D

Coatl
Mar 7, 2013, 12:05 AM
But what if your towel slips off mid-over end? :(
How embarrassing!

Railkune
Mar 7, 2013, 12:17 AM
LOL'D. I'm saving up for when the bath towels are released. That will be a wonderful day.

Sizustar
Mar 7, 2013, 02:38 AM
LOL'D. I'm saving up for when the bath towels are released. That will be a wonderful day.

20 more day to go~
Good luck~

Alenoir
Mar 7, 2013, 02:46 AM
Kind of wondering what these voices are, so I guess I'll try that out.

Momoi Haruko: Nyannyan voice. (Female)
Enomoto Atsuko: Queen-ish voice. (Female)
Ai Ichitarou: Okama style speech. Huge impact. (Both gender)

Rental? That might explain its cost... Not exactly happy about that. Hope it is permanent.
It's not perma. Though they also mentioned something about making team points easier to gain or something along with the update? I didn't really catch that part.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 7, 2013, 09:28 AM

...?

*Gets knocked over a railing because of the huge gust of wind.* UWAAAAAAH!

Hey En! Olaf reacted just like you said he would. :D

*Head pokes up as he pulls himself up*

...I noticed. @_@

Ce'Nedra
Mar 7, 2013, 09:40 AM
But what if your towel slips off mid-over end? :(
How embarrassing!

I would be taking pictures of ofcourse :3