PDA

View Full Version : Advance quests and Disconnects

Laxedrane
Mar 5, 2013, 08:19 AM
So this happen twice to my friend and I. Once to me and once to him. Fortunately for him it only happened in the boss room. For me it happen at the start of the second area. Server is not responding dc no less, killing my run, I have no capsule to show for that run and now have to pay my way to sync up to him. Neither of us could join back in.

Frustration doesn't even begin to describe but I rather rant to an impartial third party all I am really asking here is for those who do take sega surveys when they come out. Or fill out their complaint forms, please make this one of them. Please let us re-join runs we paid for on the happenstance we disconnect.

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 08:20 AM
Yeah this is really a major oversight. Modern gaming REALLY needs to make auto-rejoining a standard thing.

CyberNei
Mar 5, 2013, 09:29 AM
Once i got 630'd right after timer at gate. Not the best feeling ever ._.

MissNina2012
Mar 5, 2013, 11:03 AM
I agree! I've been 630'd twice already from AQs and it's very frustrating that you can't join back in and lose your capsules. >=(

Laxedrane
Mar 5, 2013, 12:50 PM
I just got another one during a cross burst in an advance quest. Didn't get a chance to pick anything up or check that rare box in the distance.

Sigh-.-

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 12:51 PM
I know d/ces happen from time to time and they can't be avoided for the most part, but if you are getting frequent D/ces I would try to work that out with your internet.

Laxedrane
Mar 5, 2013, 01:03 PM
I know d/ces happen from time to time and they can't be avoided for the most part, but if you are getting frequent D/ces I would try to work that out with your internet.

I've haven't had a problem with DCs in months, only started having them today... Two so far both during advance quest. I left my game on for over an hour afk and played for two solid hours before that. So it's not happening commonly enough for it to be my internet.(I also am on vent with a friend both times and I didn't loose my connection with him or any of my other online programs like msn skype and aim.)

Gonna go reset my router though if you wanna shoot me any quick tips I'll be happy to listen.

UnLucky
Mar 5, 2013, 01:07 PM
Yeah it's real fun in TAs as well since you can't join after the gate either

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 01:07 PM
I know sometimes your own internet might not disconnect but your connection to PSO2 might, which might be related to your download speed or ping. Not sure though. I'm no expert, far from it in fact.

EvilMag
Mar 5, 2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah it's real fun in TAs as well since you can't join after the gate either

More frustrating with Darker's Den. (I'm sorry Cocona :()

Macman
Mar 5, 2013, 04:36 PM
Easy fix: Make AQs burn through your capsules gradually.
Every 6 minutes into an AQ you lose a capsule, but you will always lose the full 10 upon completion of the AQ regardless of time.

Only possible abuse is going into an AQ and quitting at 5 minutes to farm drops.
Maybe make the 1st capsule lost right at the gate, then you lose your next capsule at 12 minutes in...

At the very worst then people like CyberNei only lose out on 50,000-70,000 meseta instead of over half a million...

UnLucky
Mar 5, 2013, 04:46 PM
Or you stay in the party if you d/c like many other games. You can still be kicked, but logging in starts you back where you were (or in the camp ship).

As it is now the game doesn't even remember the block you were on so you might not even be able to join the same party again even if they restarted the quest.

CelestialBlade
Mar 5, 2013, 06:17 PM
More frustrating with Darker's Den. (I'm sorry Cocona :()
Yeah, this. I still haven't found it again, despite the millions of abductions I've been seeing lately. I errored out about a minute into finding it once and couldn't rejoin because of this game's bass-ackwards prehistoric no-rejoining aspect. That shit needs to be fixed yesterday.

Losing meseta in AQs is one thing, spending weeks hunting a needlessly-random-and-rare mission only to be disconnected and never see it again it a whole new kind of rage, trust me.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 5, 2013, 06:27 PM
Yeah, this. I still haven't found it again, despite the millions of abductions I've been seeing lately. I errored out about a minute into finding it once and couldn't rejoin because of this game's bass-ackwards prehistoric no-rejoining aspect. That shit needs to be fixed yesterday.

Losing meseta in AQs is one thing, spending weeks hunting a needlessly-random-and-rare mission only to be disconnected and never see it again it a whole new kind of rage, trust me.

You definitely need a hug. *hugs*

EvilMag
Mar 5, 2013, 07:43 PM

Lets all give Cocona a hug everyone. ;; *hugs*

Dnd
Mar 5, 2013, 08:09 PM
Only possible abuse is going into an AQ and quitting at 5 minutes to farm drops.

Apart from the fact stuff doesn't re-spawn in AQ's? :o

But, yeah, this game's way of handling stuff like this is well, non-existent. I've been errored out of so many AQ's already I dread to think what my capsule count would be like, or my risk level on week one would of been if I could of rejoined/refunded capsules...

It really is no fun being error'd out of two back to back lv60 3x boosted rigsraydas....