PDA

View Full Version : Drop rates in PSO2

Kitora
Mar 5, 2013, 10:42 AM
How realistic is to farm for specific items in PSO2, typically drops from rares or bosses?

I feel like I could throw a few hours at it in the first PSO and see results. In this game it all feels more difficult and more random.

I'm currently farming for Ikutachi off of rock bears and have killed about 50 rock bears and haven't seen any of the 4 rares they drop.

My favorite aspect of PSO1 was feeling like farming was worthwhile. Not sure if drops are just really low in this (under 1% drop) or if I should blame RNG more.

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 10:45 AM
Not too realistic Imo. I've been killing hard mode rock bears (lv31+) since hard mode was even released. I'm now lv55 in 4 classes and have yet to find one Ikutachi (*8 sword from the rockbear), much less the Yasminkov 9000M (*10 mechs) which drops from rogbelt.

EDIT:
Wow, I just looked at the drops of rockbear and realized he's NEVER dropped any of those for me except his rock bear fists.

Kitora
Mar 5, 2013, 10:47 AM
Not too realistic Imo. I've been killing hard mode rock bears (lv31+) since hard was even out. I'm now lv55 and have yet to find one Ikutachi (*9 sword from the rockbear), much less the Yasminkov 9000M (*10 mechs).
That is terribly depressing and honestly makes me not want to play as much.

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 10:47 AM
How realistic is to farm for specific items in PSO2, typically drops from rares or bosses?

I feel like I could throw a few hours at it in the first PSO and see results. In this game it all feels more difficult and more random.

I'm currently farming for Ikutachi off of rock bears and have killed about 50 rock bears and haven't seen any of the 4 rares they drop.

My favorite aspect of PSO1 was feeling like farming was worthwhile. Not sure if drops are just really low in this (under 1% drop) or if I should blame RNG more.

If it's any idea how rare things are, of the 2,000+ gwanahdas I killed in very hard (including rare ones), only 9 rares dropped.

Six of the rares were from hard mode.

Dnd
Mar 5, 2013, 10:49 AM
Your looking at weeks on average, for even a common boss drop. Since very-hard was released, I've killed 263 rockbears, seen 22 rogbelts and had 2 rockbear knuckles drop and 2 rockbear room decorations (one of each from a rogbelt).

Another example is I've killed countless gwanadha's in hard/very hard and the only rare I've gotten from them is a twilight rune :3

The drops are really, really, low. I wouldn't be shocked if they were 0.1% or even less (Rare bosses included), just gotta keep farming and pray rng rolls in your favour sooner rather then later

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 10:50 AM
But wutzie my friend got Gwana saber on his first nero!
It's obvs the rates are fine you just gotta farm more. :(

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 10:51 AM
I know right :wacko:

Kitora
Mar 5, 2013, 10:53 AM
The drops are really, really, low. I wouldn't be shocked if they were 0.1% or even less (Rare bosses included), just gotta keep farming and pray rng rolls in your favour sooner rather then later
See, if I'm fighting a Hunar or a rare enemy that never spawns, the drops should be no less than 0.5-1%

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 10:55 AM
Don't worry about rares. No, seriously. Just don't worry about them. They are nice to have, but you don't need them. Which is a good mentality to have, because you more than likely won't find one. The ikutachi is buyable, and you can trade it in for a *10. You are better off running TAs and farming 5mil and buying it than trying to find it yourself.

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 10:57 AM
Unless you really want a 10*.

In which case...God help you, because if you've got 3 friends odds are very much against you finding it first. Shit, if you've got ONE friend odds are against you finding it first - because you want it.

The RNG is self-aware, man. It knows what you want.

Kitora
Mar 5, 2013, 10:57 AM
My favorite aspect of any video game I've ever played has been farming loot.

It's addictive, it's maddening and it can be an absolute rush when what you are aiming for drops.

I suppose I do have to adopt the mentality of "do everything wth people and hope something/anything drops at some point", I will hop on those TAs though.

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 11:00 AM
My favorite aspect of any video game I've ever played has been farming loot.

It's addictive, it's maddening and it can be an absolute rush when what you are aiming for drops.

I suppose I do have to adopt the mentality of "do everything wth people and hope something/anything drops at some point", I will hop on those TAs though.

Yeah, I know the feel. Rare units are actually a lot more common than rare weapons, and they can be traded in for grinders. It's pretty gratifying.

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I felt the same way in PSO1. The pace at which you found items kept things decently fresh, as you got to upgrade at least part of your equipment (and in turn playstyle and tactics keeping the game fresh) over the course of days or a week instead of farming for literally multiple months between finding decent items...and then it's 2% stronger for more money to upgrade than your current gear.

You might think I'm exaggerating, but lol I'm not.

Punisher106
Mar 5, 2013, 11:09 AM
I have a feeling that I have the worst luck out of everyone. Either that or this Elder Rod I picked up jinxed me badly. Ever since I picked that sucker up, I haven't seen a decent rare in ages. Soooo many Ragnes and Agranis, Not a single 10* unit, and I keep seeing others in my party get the damn things. I've been jonesing for a Mizer Bullet, too. Along with an elysion or some other 10* from Falz, but even with a red Duel and a drop booster on VH, I only end up getting like... 4 stones. I've been on the verge of ragequitting.

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 11:12 AM
That's why 10*'s need to be as exchangeable as 7-9*'s. The bad luck streaks are FAR more painful than the good luck streaks can possibly make up for, especially as you watch the exact item you're hunting drop repeatedly for teammates :/

Alisha
Mar 5, 2013, 03:12 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if its intentionally low to get people to buy rare drop rate boosters.

TRICKST3R
Mar 5, 2013, 03:38 PM
I'm only level 31, but I played a lot before they increased EXP from Client Orders and such.

That being said, I've done a ton of quests- and I've still yet to get any rare drops. A little disheartening, really.

Maybe I'll get lucky and find all the rares when I get higher. (:

Gama
Mar 5, 2013, 04:07 PM
The RNG is self-aware, man. It knows what you want.

http://jeremyblum.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/hal.png

TaigaUC
Mar 5, 2013, 04:27 PM
Drop rates are pretty miserable. I honestly don't know how people manage to get any non-unit 10 stars that they aim for. They must all be using rare drop +250% tickets.

I started playing in Open Beta, and have killed tons of Gilnas since then. Got my first Talnada today. I have 15% drop rate increase from equipment.

Been farming for that 10 star talis fan (that everyone seems to have) from the Gardines for a month now, literally killed tons and tons of them on every map that they spawn in. Got one useless torch 3 weeks ago, nothing else. I've been spending a few hours farming in free Mines each night before I kill Vardha. No useful rare drops.

After seeing my friend get Elder Fist from arms by accident, I used many +50% rare drop tickets during that Falz Emergency Quest Event in the hopes of getting the fists for my Hu/Fi. Got absolutely nothing.
Before that, I spent a month killing Caterdransa over and over for the 10 star wand (that everyone seems to have), and Seto Dinians for the all-class twin daggers. Got absolutely nothing.

No rod from Mr.Umbra yet. I think it took me over a month to get an Elder Rod on my Force and an Elder Rifle on my Ranger.

During Valentine's, I didn't see a single Pico Hammer for about a week or two, then suddenly had 3 drop all at once. Then nothing again for weeks. Aside from Pink Rappy Fans/Launchers and 1/2 Pico Hammers on my Hunter and Ranger, I think those were all the rares I got from that emergency quest.

Tried to get a Vardha Cannon and Glory Rain rank 14 for the past week with +65% drop rate. Only got a few Vardha units. Oh, but Vardha Cannon dropped for my Force on one of my first Free Mines attempts. Figures. My Force also has Glory Rain rank 14 and Orchestra rank 14, but my Ra/Gu and Hu/Fi do not (they just won't drop). My friend recently got the twin guns from Transmizer that I gave up trying to get. He tried using +55% drop rate to get an SSPN Launcher from Advance Desert.

Trying to get Ragne 10 star units for my Hunter for a month or so now. Finally got the Rear today. My Force already had the full set last week (took around two months) and my Ranger has one or two pieces. 10 star Hunter/Fighter stuff keeps dropping for my Force, who I now have at 41/43 HU/FI but still can't equip the 10 stars.

On the other hand, it's easy to get crappy rares that nobody wants. That useless Spaldion spear drops all the time, got 5 a few days ago, 8 a day or two ago, and 2 today. Falz is notorious for dropping that Adaman wand all the time, to the point that there are even Symbol Arts making fun of it. Too much vendorrrrr trassshhhhhhhhhhhh.

Edit: For more info, check out the comments for each rare item on the JP wiki. People usually talk about how much of a pain it was to get the rare. I think someone said the Magical Wand from the Saudans took 5000+ kills? Some others have been farming Caterdransa for months and no God Staff Tsukiyomi. One person said they had to do Advance Desert 3 times with +250% rare drop rate to get an SSPN Launcher.

Macman
Mar 5, 2013, 04:32 PM
It's amusing to me because at one point Spardion was the best partisan in the game. :wacko:

Fox Alive
Mar 5, 2013, 04:38 PM
I use me 250% boast yesterday and I didn't find anything (>_<)

Dnd
Mar 5, 2013, 04:42 PM
rare drop boost from tree + rare drop premium from drink + 250% ticket = 2 red weapons in a desert AQ (risk 1, but meh) - nothing from the boss either

Macman
Mar 5, 2013, 04:42 PM
Well... 250% of a 0.01% drop is still only a 0.025% chance...

Alenoir
Mar 5, 2013, 05:03 PM
There was a term invented by the Japanese Phantasy Star players called something along the lines of "desire sensor", where the game will successfully detects the exact rare you want and will never drop it for you.

Been working correctly so far.

Mopop
Mar 5, 2013, 05:03 PM
Rare items are...rare?! Wut!?

Poubelle
Mar 5, 2013, 05:09 PM
the drop rates are so low because the game really doesnt have much content.

they need to keep these items borderline unobtainable or people will have nothing to play for.

what irks me is that after you spend thousands of hours hunting a .00001% chance rare drop, the stats really arent much better than the free AQ gemstone 10* weapons

in fact, they're worse in some cases

Punisher106
Mar 5, 2013, 05:10 PM
Might as well say this. I got the 250% rare ticket from my system storage... thing, and a Falz came up. I proceeded to use it after about three arms, so it would still be intact for Elder, where I really wanted drops. I go ahead, spam the arms, no red items. Elder starts. We begin, and holy shit, I wanted to murder the MPA. They were all sitting there with their thumbs up their asses. FOs weren't shocking Falz when there were just the upper arms, I had to scream "Shock him!" in japanese before they finally used ZONDE. I wanted to snap their necks when Falz died with three arms still intact. And the worst part? It took us so long to kill him, my ticket wore off before he died! IT TOOK US 15 GOD DAN MINUTES TO KILL HIM. I was so close to just ragequitting the game.

~Aya~
Mar 5, 2013, 05:11 PM
I'm hunting psycho wand.. yeah.. I have used 9 150% rare drop increase and 2 250%. I've come to the conclusion that it will drop when it feels like it.

Found Yasminkov 9000M without trying. That's just how this game and others like it, works.

Bellion
Mar 5, 2013, 05:20 PM
Ah, I still remember using 6 250% rare drop rate boosters when I was hunting for a Demonic Fork. 2 boxed Garlands and countless boxed Lambda Salvador. The only unboxed rod I got was my Demonic Fork, but that took a while and I got it without the boosters.

Don't count on them to get anything that you want.

~Aya~
Mar 5, 2013, 05:23 PM
Ah, I still remember using 6 250% rare drop rate boosters when I was hunting for a Demonic Fork. 2 boxed Garlands and countless boxed Lambda Salvador. The only unboxed rod I got was my Demonic Fork, but that took a while and I got it without the boosters.

Don't count on them to get anything that you want.

Truth.

Railkune
Mar 5, 2013, 05:36 PM
That is, well, discouraging. I know what I won't be wasting my time being pressured over. If those Drop Tickets don't help then I might as well play normally and let myself be surprised if something good drops, lol.

Dnd
Mar 5, 2013, 05:41 PM
That is, well, discouraging. I know what I won't be wasting my time being pressured over. If those Drop Tickets don't help then I might as well play normally and let myself be surprised if something good drops, lol.

BY their very nature, they do help, a 250% rare ticket effectively turns one kill into 6 chances of the rare dropping. Because nothing is assured, it just seems like they are a waste of time if nothing drops

Railkune
Mar 5, 2013, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I can understand that. Actually, I believe I still have that 250% ticket SEGA gave us. Might as well use it and see what happens, hah. Who knows, maybe I'll have good look.

~Aya~
Mar 5, 2013, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I can understand that. Actually, I believe I still have that 250% ticket SEGA gave us. Might as well use it and see what happens, hah. Who knows, maybe I'll have good look.

Pop it during Dark Falz Elder before he dies and then find someone with high risk level and do an AQ.

Kitora
Mar 5, 2013, 07:44 PM
Reading everyone's experiences, or essentially almost everybody admitting that they've gotten nothing they've wanted, is depressing.

I will admit that I still do have fun playing, but I don't nearly feel as happy about reaching 55 as I thought I would. People are right, there isn't nearly enough content, and the content we do have is limited or held back. I'm starting to feel too forced into doing TAs, since it's unrealistic to farm and since I need to spend real money to have my own shop.

I don't like the way they have this game set up as much as I thought I did initially.

GreenArcher
Mar 5, 2013, 07:58 PM
Well... 250% of a 0.01% drop is still only a 0.025% chance...

250% boost on a 0.01% drop gives 0.025%

Following your math 100% boost on a 0.01% drop gives 0.01%

:wacko:

Dnd
Mar 5, 2013, 08:01 PM
Reading everyone's experiences, or essentially almost everybody admitting that they've gotten nothing they've wanted, is depressing.

Its just much easier to focus on the mountain of items you want but don't ever get, then the one or two items you do get however, so you will get bias towards the bad...

When ruins was released and gigas spinner's where unleashed, it took ~2 months of farming (Not constant, mind, but every other day I'd spend at least 2 hours in ruins farming - most of the time, spent longer and everyday) for me to finally get my hands on them, and even then they dropped in the valentine EQ, lol. I've also gotten every elder weapon twice (3 fists, even!), and 2 10* gunslash's (from breedhas, lol).

Alot of people find stuff, its just its stuff they don't want, thus don't count it as an actual rare drop more often or not. This isn't helped by the current lack of being able to trade them (yet, but then epic bunch of hoops later you can).

Honestly, just stick with it and well, if still cant get the item your after, just do Ta's for 2 weeks in very hard so your able to buy any AQ stone weapon or the best buy-able weapon in a weapon class :3

Daiyousei
Mar 5, 2013, 08:08 PM
About the self aware RNG, I tend to find stuff when doing random stuff than actually spamming the same area over and over, and I usually get rares for classes I am not currently playing.

So a theory, The RNG wants you to play other classes and other areas so players won't get stuck with no parties to go around in, especially lower level players who just joined the game and everyone else already has a high level class or two, but considering everyone only doing VH Ruins anyways....

HiOc
Mar 5, 2013, 08:29 PM
I never try to hunt for rare weapons, it's too much work. It's much easier to just grind meseta and buy them from the market.

Although, yesterday, I did stumble across 5 or so rares last night during the Lillipa EQ.

Railkune
Mar 5, 2013, 08:49 PM
Pop it during Dark Falz Elder before he dies and then find someone with high risk level and do an AQ.

I was actually thinking of doing just that. I heard Elder drops some pretty nice things. More specifically this staff everyone fiends over, but never gets. Or something like that anyways.

The Walrus
Mar 5, 2013, 08:51 PM
Psycho Wand. It drops a handful of times a week at absolute best.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 5, 2013, 08:53 PM
P wand is the strongest Rod in the game, but it's beyond rare and not worth aiming for unless your goal is misery.

~Aya~
Mar 5, 2013, 08:55 PM
I was actually thinking of doing just that. I heard Elder drops some pretty nice things. More specifically this staff everyone fiends over, but never gets. Or something like that anyways.

That would be the infamous Psycho Wand. I have been trying so hard to get it.. 9/10 times full break and only get 7★ stuff.

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 5, 2013, 08:55 PM
I've found 33 10 stars not counting units or ones from the trade-in shop. Want to know how many of them are actually useful to me? about 4. That's how random this rng is so um ya

EvilMag
Mar 5, 2013, 09:00 PM
Yeah the game will drop you rares just ones that you don't want. *points at my Maisen, Demonic Fork, and 5 Elder Rods that are rotting in my bank* (Well I cubed the Elder Rods but still I don't want it :l)

Poubelle
Mar 5, 2013, 09:06 PM
it is depressing OP.

I havent gotten a single thing I wanted. I used at least 20+ 150%rare boosters, a couple 250%.

im also premium so i constantly have "premium rare boost"from deband drink. & rare team buff

I'm a level 51 hu/fi. so far I have obtained a few rare guns and an elder rod.

i have yet to find a single 10* hunter or fighter weapon(the only classes I use)

to the community, I ask this: is there any point to playing this game beyond level 55 until we can exchange our rares? with this RNG system in place , you NEED to be able to trade the rares you do need for the ones you do

idk what the hell they were thinking...

~Aya~
Yeah the game will drop you rares just ones that you don't want. *points at my Maisen, Demonic Fork, and 5 Elder Rods that are rotting in my bank* (Well I cubed the Elder Rods but still I don't want it :l)

You are one sick puppy...

RadiantLegend
Why they forbid trading 10*s is beyond me. Then again I cant get any 10* to +10.

Hrith
Mar 5, 2013, 09:12 PM
I have killed over 1200 Tranmizers, still no Mizer Bullet. That's how drop rates 'work' in this game.

KuroCrow
Mar 5, 2013, 09:14 PM
Since i use all classes...all 10*'s are welcome :3

Mopop
Mar 5, 2013, 09:41 PM
Boo-hoo I didn't have every rare item in the game handed to me.

LokinModar
Mar 5, 2013, 09:45 PM
Well i don't play that much but i find the rare drop rates horrible in this game as well as they were for me at old PSO, so i think i'm lucky for finding an elder rifle without wanting and some pico-picos... what i DO want is the vardha stuff. only found the rear unit so far...

if the game "knows" what you want and then don't give you that... i think i'm screwed ^^

TaigaUC
Mar 5, 2013, 09:47 PM
I only started hunting rares because a friend kept saying that when they farmed for rares it wasn't bad and they always managed to get what they wanted after a few hours or days without using luck increase equipment or items. They must be insanely lucky. Quite frankly, I hate rare drop systems. I don't feel that I'm working towards a goal or learning/improving, and only feel relief when they drop... just to get screwed over by Dudu when I try grinding and affixing the item. My friend often says "it's really disappointing when we spend so much time and effort and don't get a single reward". I strongly agree. They could at least have bosses drop a decent amount of meseta. 100 meseta for a maximum difficulty boss that takes 5 minutes to kill is beyond ridiculous. What can you buy with 100 meseta? A monomate?

If I was in charge of game design and I absolutely had to use a rare drop random number generation system, I would still implement a secondary system for those who are terribly unlucky to be able to obtain what they want after a set amount of time. There's nothing worse than spending all your time working towards a goal only to never achieve it. Well, there is worse: spending huge amounts of time only to be sent way, way backwards *cough*Dudu*cough*.

Forgot to add this to my list of woes: when I was trying to get Elder Rod and Elder Rifle for my Ranger, they kept dropping for my Force and Hunter, multiple times. My Hunter is like, level 2 Ranger and 5 Force.
More woe: I completed abduction for the first time a few days ago (2-person party), and neither of us got a single rare drop. Not even discs. Our failed attempts seemed to yield much better drops.
Even more woe: I've only done Advance Quests 4-5 times so far, and aside from some discs, neither my friend or I received any useful rares so far. Maybe 2 "red" weapons per run, and one other (eg. Lambda gunslash). We both used +50% tickets on the last run, too.

Some tips on farming for rares:

I'm not sure if everyone knows this already, but if you're hunting for rares on a non Falz type boss (ie. quests) you can increase your chances of the rare dropping by killing more trash enemies to increase the number of drops from the boss. I t hink it works on for regular enemies too, but their maximum is two drops or something like that.

Thing is, it's hard to tell how many you need to kill, and you need much more than you would to get S rank. You end up spending more time killing trash mobs than the boss, and chances are you won't get anything anyway, so it's pretty annoying.

Also, in some cases it's better to kill enemies in a higher level bracket (eg. 46-50 Gardine instead of 40-45) because depending on the loot table, the game may roll for the 10 star item twice instead of once. Still hasn't helped my chances though. For specifics, check the loot tables listed on the JP Wiki. The loot rolls at the highest bracket for the enemy's level, then if it fails, moves to the next bracket down and tries again.

Boss break drops and body drops are separate. If you're aiming for a body drop you don't need to do breaks. Boss drops seem to roll for items on crystal break, so if that's true, you can equip your lucky gear and use a rare drop ticket before you break the crystal. Don't count on non-friends to wait for you to break the crystal though, and I think partner bots can accidentally break them too.

If anyone's interested in seeing how many rares drop per week and in what area, check the quest drop info for each area. Psycho Wand drop rate tends to be around 1 per week, and you can bet that person was likely using over 285% rare drop increase. I'd even wager that most of the drops listed involved some kind of rare drop boost. I've seen quite a few JP people decked out in full lucky rise gear, too. It's probably why there are so many people running around with Mr.Umbra's stick (Temptation affix adds 10% drop chance).

And no, none of these tips has helped me get what I've been aiming for so far.

My opinion? Don't bother farming rares. Just play, have fun, and when stuff drops you'll feel happy for a few brief moments before Dudu steals all your hard-earned money. Rares always become obsolete anyway, and there are cheaper alternatives that are almost as good, like all the "Red" weapons. They will last you until you get lucky. IF you get lucky.

Poubelle
Mar 5, 2013, 09:56 PM
Boo-hoo I didn't have every rare item in the game handed to me.

its not that simple. there are people who have spent a thousand hours hunting a single item and not getting it.

far from wanting it 'handed to them', theyre putting in the time and getting back nothing.

ReaperTheAbsol
Mar 5, 2013, 10:00 PM
My "luck" with rares is purely coincidental.

I believe the day I found Falz knuckles was the same day I found a Falz rifle.
By then my friend had already cubed her 3rd or maybe 5th falz rifle.
Since then I've only gotten rings of gold from Falz with the occasional 7*.

._.

Sizustar
Mar 5, 2013, 10:19 PM
So would people prefer a system for certain rare like the MB item, aka. Killing X amount of enemy will gurantee that rare drop?

Link1275
Mar 5, 2013, 10:23 PM
So would people prefer a system for certain rare like the MB item, aka. Killing X amount of enemy will gurantee that rare drop?
I'm sure a simple base rate increase of about 5% would fix a lot of issues.

Kitora
Mar 5, 2013, 10:26 PM
I'm sure a simple base rate increase of about 5% would fix a lot of issues.
Especially for bosses. Knowing certain items are like 0.02% saddens me.

Now I do think that certain items should be of a very low drop, like Psycho Wand, or like TJ sword was back in the day, but having to save for just about everything on top of overpriced costumes sucks!

Nothing but guns/rods as a HU/FI.

Poubelle
Mar 5, 2013, 10:28 PM

freely tradable rares would solve everything.

even with this abysmal RNG rate you're bound to eventually find SOMETHING that SOMEONE wants, and you can trade that for items or meseta and eventually work towards getting what you want in that way, instead of directly from a monster.

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 10:28 PM

Maybe. I like the idea of your time and effort being rewarded with a sure chance of getting a rare, but systems like these almost always make the requirements way too lenient.

Sizustar
Mar 5, 2013, 10:31 PM
freely tradable rares would solve everything.

even with this abysmal RNG rate you're bound to eventually find SOMETHING that SOMEONE wants, and you can trade that for items or meseta and eventually work towards getting what you want in that way, instead of directly from a monster.

Their worried about RMTer, they just banned 179,548 act in Feberuary.

http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?charid=i_20130304

Maybe. I like the idea of your time and effort being rewarded with a sure chance of getting a rare, but systems like these almost always make the requirements way too lenient.

Well, there is 2 10* weapon for MB 11, I got the 10* gunslash after clearing Forest Emergency Quest twice.
Got the MB 11 10* Gunslash
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up40676.png
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up41274.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Alenoir
Mar 5, 2013, 10:31 PM

I got an Elder Rifle, in special weapon format, within the first day of Falz's implementation. I main an RA. There's always hope. (Though I wasn't actually looking for the rifle, and I was on FO at the time.) The Elder Rod never dropped for me 'till a few weeks ago though. .-.;

Sizustar
Mar 5, 2013, 10:32 PM
I got an Elder Rifle, in special weapon format, within the first day of Falz's implementation. I main an RA. There's always hope. The Elder Rod never dropped for me 'till a few weeks ago though. .-.;

I haven't even gotten an Elder rod, while everyone else in my guild got 3~4, and I'm one of 3 FO in the group. wwww

Link1275
Mar 5, 2013, 10:33 PM
Especially for bosses. Knowing certain items are like 0.02% saddens me.

Now I do think that certain items should be of a very low drop, like Psycho Wand, or like TJ sword was back in the day, but having to save for just about everything on top of overpriced costumes sucks!

Nothing but guns/rods as a HU/FI.
Maybe they should start making set prices in the shops for certain items on the player shops too while they're fixing drop rates.

Mopop
Mar 5, 2013, 10:35 PM
Maybe they should start making set prices in the shops for certain items on the player shops too while they're fixing drop rates.

They should also just bring back duping and let everyone have all the rares they want.

Alenoir
Mar 5, 2013, 10:37 PM
I haven't even gotten an Elder rod, while everyone else in my guild got 3~4, and I'm one of 3 FO in the group. wwww

You'll get there one day! I only got what, 4 Elder Fists and 5 Elder Rifles before I run into an Elder Rod for the very first time?

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 10:38 PM

Being that I have been describing this exact system since around September...yes.

Force the item to drop after you exceed the average rate by, say, three times. If it normally takes 500 tranmizers to drop a mizer bullet, and you've been rolling badly for 1499 mizer kills, you're guaranteed the drop on the next kill. Something like that.

Failing that, the game should really compensate long 10* dry spells with forced 10* drops (maybe certain rares are picked at random to have a single 100% droprate, so you can't exploit it to get the rarest items in the game easily etc.). It's irritating going 2 months without one 10*, with hundreds of hours of actual play time spent.

Nobody but a couple assholes will complain that 10*'s are too common if only people who get shafted by the RNG are finding them. The RNG shafts people sometimes. It's the nature of random. The market exists to correct that...but you can't buy 10*'s. So all you can do is hunt and hope. Even the "buyable" 10*'s won't fully solve the problem, because you're still looking at many players not finding 10*'s for extended periods of time despite spending plenty of time playing.

Railkune
Mar 5, 2013, 10:39 PM
You'll get there one day! I only got what, 4 Elder Fists and 5 Elder Rifles before I run into an Elder Rod for the very first time?

Violently stepping all over the feels, lol. I assume Elder Fists aren't 'that' hard to run by then? Or I'm terribly mistaken right now.

Sizustar
Mar 5, 2013, 10:42 PM

Doesn't really matter, I think it looks terrible though, I'm just waiting for the next batch of AQ to see what the Rod in Tundra and Sky Island is like, or I'll just go make my Seitenheise..
Sad to hear that Spellstone weapon can't be solded, there goes one of my plan sell some stuff.

Poubelle
Mar 5, 2013, 10:45 PM
Their worried about RMTer, they just banned 179,548 act in Feberuary.

http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?charid=i_20130304

you cant drastically lower the quality of the players experience to reduce RMT.

they think if valuable items are untradeable, RMT wont exist? please. RMT will exist on any popular game and people will buy gold, meseta, gil, whatever on any popular game.

just making rares untradeable is a crappy, lazy way to discourage RMT, it punishes legit players too.

they should let legit players sell & trade their valuables and focus on banning RMT bots/hackers. and even with illegitimate RMT chinese farmers, they cant work around the RNG.

Link1275
Mar 5, 2013, 10:45 PM
They should also just bring back duping and let everyone have all the rares they want.
Who said anything about duping? I'm talking about market control. I would suggest either set prices on certain items, or computer generated items that Sega puts up there to keep inflation in check.

Sizustar
Mar 5, 2013, 10:51 PM
Being that I have been describing this exact system since around September...yes.

Force the item to drop after you exceed the average rate by, say, three times. If it normally takes 500 tranmizers to drop a mizer bullet, and you've been rolling badly for 1499 mizer kills, you're guaranteed the drop on the next kill. Something like that.

Failing that, the game should really compensate long 10* dry spells with forced 10* drops (maybe certain rares are picked at random to have a single 100% droprate, so you can't exploit it to get the rarest items in the game easily etc.). It's irritating going 2 months without one 10*, with hundreds of hours of actual play time spent.

Nobody but a couple assholes will complain that 10*'s are too common if only people who get shafted by the RNG are finding them. The RNG shafts people sometimes. It's the nature of random. The market exists to correct that...but you can't buy 10*'s. So all you can do is hunt and hope. Even the "buyable" 10*'s won't fully solve the problem, because you're still looking at many players not finding 10*'s for extended periods of time despite spending plenty of time playing.

Maybe they can do such a system for the Event items, I know of a few people that failed to get even one Tuna sword or the pico pico hammer.

Link1275
Mar 5, 2013, 10:55 PM
Maybe they can do such a system for the Event items, I know of a few people that failed to get even one Tuna sword or the pico pico hammer.
Xie gets some special CO that gives it as a reward for every event now so...

TaigaUC
Mar 5, 2013, 11:02 PM

I said it too. Maybe I should stick to writing single line posts to make it easier for people to read?
I'm pretty certain there are already games that do use such a system (that's why I pointed it out), and I kind of expected it to be in use here. There is a high probability that game designers that don't use such systems are sadists.

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 11:45 PM
I said it too. Maybe I should stick to writing single line posts to make it easier for people to read?
I'm pretty certain there are already games that do use such a system (that's why I pointed it out), and I kind of expected it to be in use here. There is a high probability that game designers that don't use such systems are sadists.

That's why I started spacing out my posts. People seem to actually read them this way. I mean, nobody really wants to read a block of text, so...

I honestly think they really just don't realize how it pushes so many players away. The people who make the decisions over what systems are implemented are probably not the ones that actually really care about the game as anything other than another job.

They could definitely keep more players around with a more lenient RNG, and instead gave players a reason to hunt multiple rares so they'd have breadcrumbs to pick up as they played.

Macman
Mar 5, 2013, 11:50 PM
250% boost on a 0.01% drop gives 0.025%

Following your math 100% boost on a 0.01% drop gives 0.01%

:wacko:
You're right. I'm sorry, that would make it 0.035%

HOLY FUCK TOTALLY GONNA GET THAT PSYCHO WAND NOW! 8-)

Mopop
Mar 5, 2013, 11:54 PM
Who said anything about duping? I'm talking about market control. I would suggest either set prices on certain items, or computer generated items that Sega puts up there to keep inflation in check.

You were being serious? Set prices in a free market? What is this Russia?!

Blackheart521
Mar 6, 2013, 12:19 AM
You were being serious? Set prices in a free market? What is this Russia?!

Nah, Runescape

Eikahe
Mar 6, 2013, 02:05 AM
I'm honestly in no real rush to farm up all of my best gear and equips, and that's not even worrying about the drop rate.

Whenever I sit down and do something, it's normally with a full group of other people. I haven't seen any bonafide rare mobs spawn just yet, but it doesn't bother me in the least. Considering Zexia Bullet drops off of what I believe is... high risk AQ Tranzexia, of all things... I'm not counting on seeing it, well, ever.

However, I work around these flaws... and hey, if I run into it some time down the road and I manage to find one? That's great! If not, then it won't bother me because I'll be doing those quests with other people and enjoying my time.

FO-RA-HUnightv
Mar 6, 2013, 02:11 AM
I find getting rares is rather easy. I mean I got almost all sets of 10* armor exept for hunar set, and im missing 1 peice of elder set. (have rod arms and 2 back units.) and I have atleast 1 10* weapon for each class. and I have only been playing for about a month and a half now. Highest level is 53 right now techer with level 48 force.

I think people focus on it to much or are farming the wrong things.

Eikahe
Mar 6, 2013, 02:20 AM
I'm worried about how long it will take to get all of the AQ stones needed to make my gun/machine guns... not to mention the sword and other things I may make since I'm not just going to be playing GU/RA and RA/HU.

Macman
Mar 6, 2013, 02:52 AM
I find getting rares is rather easy. I mean I got almost all sets of 10* armor exept for hunar set, and im missing 1 peice of elder set. (have rod arms and 2 back units.) and I have atleast 1 10* weapon for each class. and I have only been playing for about a month and a half now. Highest level is 53 right now techer with level 48 force.

I think people focus on it to much or are farming the wrong things.
You're pretty goddamn lucky if you found six 10* weapons before even capping.
Unless you're counting welfare proxyne 10*s...

Jay6
Mar 6, 2013, 07:36 AM
I honestly never try too hard at hunting for rare weapons. It just happens. The game wants me to be a fighter that uses double sabers... I got the second best one in the game a couple weeks ago, and another 10* DS from zeshrayda just a week ago. I play as a Fo/Te though, so I'd prefer more 10* rod drops, or something. I'll always take on Fang Banshee in TAs due to it being able to drop Seitenweise.

But seriously, if you want to talk about finding 10* rares, a friend of mine just keeps finding them. It just happens. Don't try to look for them, because the game will know you're looking for them.

Sizustar
Mar 6, 2013, 07:45 AM
I honestly never try too hard at hunting for rare weapons. It just happens. The game wants me to be a fighter that uses double sabers... I got the second best one in the game a couple weeks ago, and another 10* DS from zeshrayda just a week ago. I play as a Fo/Te though, so I'd prefer more 10* rod drops, or something. I'll always take on Fang Banshee in TAs due to it being able to drop Seitenweise.

But seriously, if you want to talk about finding 10* rares, a friend of mine just keeps finding them. It just happens. Don't try to look for them, because the game will know you're looking for them.

Yep, two of my guildmate are rare magnet, Although it's usually the stuff they don't want. such as someone having over 12 Elder rod drop, but they can't get the PA disk from Rare boss above lv.12.wwww

vPharaohv
Mar 6, 2013, 12:15 PM
Not only are the shitty drop rates discouraging, but actually getting the rare you want is extremely motivating. I mean this is obvious right? Positive reinforcement is the most effective motivator.

When I got blade dance which was one of the weapons I actually wanted I was extremely excited and it really restored my enthusiasm for the game for a while.

I don't actually know where the majority of PSO2's profit is, but for me I would never buy rare boost tickets, but I have and will purchase other content such as premium. If people are consistently entertained with the occasional drops they want, wouldn't they be more likely to put money into the game enhancing content? Especially if all items were trade or sell-able with premium and they actually had weapons worth upgrading to premium to trade. Unless most of there profit is from rare boost tickets, then fuck me.

Shinamori
Jul 30, 2013, 06:50 PM
Edit: Where he posts split?

Sylphia
Jul 30, 2013, 09:50 PM
To chime in, yeah, 250% of .002% etc etc... I've killed so many gilnach I can't count them and never a fork for my FO. Was trying to farm for yas9000's but ofc logbelt shows up 3x in a row then not for a month.

My rng, and fo both had lucky rise. I started a hunter to have a better npc party, she had good gear but nothing luckyrise and the rares were dropping all the time, lowbie, mid level, two 10* in normal quests.... Nothing she could use, but could trade for a ticket and buy something.

So it dawns on me, there's a bug in 'lucky rise', so I atty out my lr on my rng and fo, bb starts up, fo goes in, zoneels some mobs and ding, 10* sword.... my rng main, never had a 10* except a pico hammer for 6months of farming, now she has 10 10*s....

/fluffs up hair

Coincidence? I think not!

But to the OP, don't hunt weapons if you can't take the pain. Just enjoy the game. :3