PDA

View Full Version : New Field for Amduscia

TehblackUchiha
Mar 5, 2013, 11:30 AM
seen in this teaser here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9kRWoCuxgjY

The enemies look like they are getting harder?! and this looks epic.

Ezodagrom
Mar 5, 2013, 11:39 AM
Was already posted in this topic, but, well, I guess this is worth its own topic. ^^;
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205152&page=4

Really can't wait for it.

TehblackUchiha
Mar 5, 2013, 11:42 AM
i was just gonna look through that thread but ah well.

Jakosifer
Mar 5, 2013, 12:40 PM
If the charging enemies have their frontal invincibility like in PSP2 that would be fantastic.

Blackheart521
Mar 5, 2013, 12:43 PM
If the charging enemies have their frontal invincibility like in PSP2 that would be fantastic.

What charging enemies?

Anon_Fire
Mar 5, 2013, 12:51 PM
What charging enemies?

The Bag Degga from PSP2.

Neith
Mar 5, 2013, 01:05 PM
Looks like a reskinned Fordran and a reskinned Quartz Dragon to me. Might be wrong, but it doesn't fill me with confidence.

The enemy summoning Vol Dragon was pretty cool I guess, otherwise not too interested.

Ezodagrom
Mar 5, 2013, 01:13 PM
Looks like a reskinned Fordran and a reskinned Quartz Dragon to me. Might be wrong, but it doesn't fill me with confidence.

The enemy summoning Vol Dragon was pretty cool I guess, otherwise not too interested.
Apparently Quartz Dragon uses the same skeleton as Vol Dragon, but his behaviour is completely different. I think that new dragon will be the same, "reskins" done right.

Laxedrane
Mar 5, 2013, 01:14 PM

Considering the only reskin that's a straight up clone of the original(in bosses) is the slinky dragon I am not too worried. Personally I don't get upset unless they act exactly the same. If they use the same base model I really don't understand what's to get upset about if they have their own costume look and have attacks exclusive to their selves.

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 01:15 PM
Considering the only reskin that's a straight up clone of the original(in bosses) is the slinky dragon I am not too worried. Personally I don't get upset unless they act exactly the same. If they use the same base model I really don't understand what's to get upset about if they have their own costume look and have attacks exclusive to their selves.

Eh, slinky dragon is more like a recoloring. The only boss that's a legitimate reskin would be Wolga. I still hope this new boss is a new boss, and not a reskin though.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 5, 2013, 02:41 PM
Eh, slinky dragon is more like a recoloring. The only boss that's a legitimate reskin would be Wolga. I still hope this new boss is a new boss, and not a reskin though.

Wait...what is Wolga a reskin of exactly?

Neith
Mar 5, 2013, 02:43 PM
I didn't mention bosses specifically. Caves and Floating Continent may as well be the same area for how different the enemies are there. I know it's all the same planet, but a little imagination would be appreciated...

Bellion
Mar 5, 2013, 02:46 PM
Wait...what is Wolga a reskin of exactly?

I would assume that it is a reskin of Rockbear since it can grab you and has a similar rage animation. Really wouldn't call it much of a reskin, though.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 5, 2013, 02:51 PM
I would assume that it is a reskin of Rockbear since it can grab you and has a similar rage animation. Really wouldn't call it much of a reskin, though.

Calling Wolga a Rockbear reskin is a slightly ridiculous notion. King Yede is closest to a reskin than Wolga is. ^^;

Ezodagrom
Mar 5, 2013, 03:03 PM
I didn't mention bosses specifically. Caves and Floating Continent may as well be the same area for how different the enemies are there. I know it's all the same planet, but a little imagination would be appreciated...
Well, as seen in the teaser, the new versions of Fordoran have different attacks, so this doesn't seem like the same situation as caves~skyland enemies.

You also mentioned the new boss looking like a Quartz Dragon reskin, some people also fought that Quartz would be similar to Vol, especially since they apparently share the same skelleton, but in the end the 2 bosses are quite different.

Railkune
Mar 5, 2013, 03:03 PM
I assumed Wolganda was just a Darker impersonation of RockBear. I say this because of the grabbing animation, and also the way it 'powers' up after you get it down to a certain amount of HP. Though King Yede DOES look much closer to Rock Bear than Wolga.

NoiseHERO
Mar 5, 2013, 03:06 PM
I actually think enemies and bosses are one of the only things they've consistently improved on compared to past games.

Funny that people are ready to be disappointed about THAT though.

D-Inferno
Mar 5, 2013, 03:08 PM
I wonder if this field will warrant a Dark Mastery Tree, should the enemies somehow be Fire Resistant like Vol and Quartz (I don't know if they are fire resistant, or "resistant to all but Ice/Dark).

Hell, the enemies could end up being weak to Wind of all things.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 5, 2013, 03:13 PM
I actually think enemies and bosses are one of the only things they've consistently improved on compared to past games.

Yeah...I'm not really disappointed with the enemy selection either. >_>;; Only area that ever disappointed me with enemy layout is Skyland with Set Sadinian. I've actually been quite pleased with the enemies Sega has be introducing, once you get past how easy they mostly are. This new area looks awesome though and I really want to explore it.

Yunfa
Mar 5, 2013, 04:28 PM

Those are the people that live very miserable lives in the real world, you can just feel the sadness in their posts. It's like a disease, and hopefully people will avoid them like the plague.

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 05:09 PM
Calling Wolga a Rockbear reskin is a slightly ridiculous notion. King Yede is closest to a reskin than Wolga is. ^^;

A reskin is just the use of the same body model. It doesn't have to be associated with the monster's attack pattern at all. For example, a Spardan and a dagan are reskins of each other, but they attack differently. The same could be said for Baridans and Za oodans. They are using the same model, but approach you differently.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Mar 5, 2013, 05:40 PM
For example, a Spardan and a dagan are reskins of each other,

Jesus christ. Don't use words you don't know the meaning of ok?

A reskin, folks, is a POLYGON MODEL, that is reused, with a different or slightly recolored TEXTURE.

A spardan and a dagan have two completely different polygon models and textures. The fact that they both have 4 legs means nothing.

If you want an example of a reskin, look at dagan and el dagan etc. Or the caterdran clone in floating islands. Or King Yede. Or the other floating island clones of the dinians.

I can only guess that pso world kids have taken the 'reskinned weapons' updates meaning of 'reskin' literally, when really they are only saying reskinning because its a short and easy term to use and not a literal meaning.

Railkune
Mar 5, 2013, 05:43 PM
Whoa. Well that escalated quickly... So, about that new field... Who's ready for that new fat dragon boss-guy-thing? ._.

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 06:03 PM
A fucking spardan and a dagan have two completely different polygon models and textures. The fact that they both have 4 legs means nothing.

They move the same. They are flinched the same. They are flipped on their backs the same. Very similar animation behavior. If the term reskinning is too touchy I'll just start calling them alternate clones of each other in animation behavior. More or less means the same thing I think.

A reskin, folks, is a POLYGON MODEL, that is reused, with a different or slightly recolored TEXTURE.

If you want an example of a reskin, look at dagan and el dagan etc. Or the caterdran clone in floating islands. Or King Yede. Or the other floating island clones of the dinians.

But that's not refuting my claim very well..
Where do you draw the line? An El Dagan and a dagan look similar, but they have different attack animations. The same could be said for rockbear and wolga. They have a very different attack pattern, but are similar enough to notice that they have the same model.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 5, 2013, 06:03 PM
Let's just move on, peeps.

I wonder if those scorpion like enemies are ranged or melee?

I feel like this game has a severe lack of ranged enemies. And magic enemies. I hope they add more of those in this field.

yoshiblue
Mar 5, 2013, 06:06 PM
The idea that darkers are based on or are mutated creatures is interesting though. I still want to see a De Rol Le kinda battle. The sky diving boss battle too! That would still be awesome!

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 06:06 PM
Let's just move on, peeps.

I wonder if those scorpion like enemies are ranged or melee?

I feel like this game has a severe lack of ranged enemies. And magic enemies. I hope they add more of those in this field.

I hope they attack like legit realistic scorpions and throw themselves at you.
That'd be so terrifying I'm having seconds thoughts just hoping for it.

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 06:07 PM
Nobody tell gamerx that "reskin" has been used commonly refer to complete model replacements since the late 90's and it's effectively a completely interchangeable term in both ordinary gamer circles as well as modding circles, also nobody tell him that arguing the meaning of "reskin" is even dumber than arguing the definition of "irony." Just leave him alone and don't make any sudden movements, he should get distracted by something else in his peripheral vision.

I also think the enemies are pretty fleshed out in this game, but need to actually live longer and be flinched less easily. What we have now is great, it just doesn't get to do anything. Some things die in 1 hit, other things are flinched to death. It seems like only minibosses get to do even a quarter of their moveset before dying - and that's only if you don't have a gunner around.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 5, 2013, 06:13 PM
I hope they attack like legit realistic scorpions and throw themselves at you.
That'd be so terrifying I'm having seconds thoughts just hoping for it.

I wouldn't mind a few versions. Some that rush you, some that fire at you (Mecha-radscorpions from NV. XD) and some that shoot either fireballs or balls of light at you. I dunno, just so not everything is melee melee melee. Rangers and Forces need more threats to them.

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't mind a few versions. Some that rush you, some that fire at you (Mecha-radscorpions from NV. XD) and some that shoot either fireballs or balls of light at you. I dunno, just so not everything is melee melee melee. Rangers and Forces need more threats to them.

This could be really easily addressed by making different mobs prioritize different players based on either their weapon types or behaviors (damaging lots of things from far away, etc.).

They really need to add that :[

Coatl
Mar 5, 2013, 06:17 PM
I also think the enemies are pretty fleshed out in this game, but need to actually live longer and be flinched less easily. What we have now is great, it just doesn't get to do anything. Some things die in 1 hit, other things are flinched to death. It seems like only minibosses get to do even a quarter of their moveset before dying - and that's only if you don't have a gunner around.

Well a lot of the new monsters are having flinch-immunity more often. I notice it in Advanced quests a lot too. In hard mode and even in very hard mode, monsters are on "stand by" a great deal of the time. In advanced quests, they are for the most party never in stand by animation. Some monsters, such as Garongos, Dicahda and Dagashes are unflinchable while in their attack animation. Things such as Gulfurs on the other hand can be smacked mid-air when they are pouncing you. The monsters in the new area look pretty scary too I should mention. Fodorans with super charge capabilities and cannons? Where's your god now? ^^;

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 06:20 PM
Yep, a lot of large monsters aren't, and they're the only ones that are a threat because of it. The small monsters all are easily flinchlockable and they're what make up most of the enemies.

I'd take fewer enemies that take and give more of a punch, than twice the spawns that are paper thin and trip over their own feet personally.

I'm curious about the fat throne guy. Either he's enormous, or it's a nanodragon \o/

Arialle
Mar 5, 2013, 09:09 PM
what..more dragons again?

im still waiting for del rol le to come back to pso2

NoiseHERO
Mar 5, 2013, 09:12 PM
This game still needs another jarba room though.

~Aya~
Mar 5, 2013, 09:13 PM

im still waiting for del rol le to come back to pso2

Gib vol opt right meow.

Arialle
Mar 5, 2013, 09:15 PM
Gib vol opt right meow.

olga prz.....cause fighting bosses on just flat land is soo mainstream

Gardios
Mar 5, 2013, 09:15 PM

Well, Amduscia is a dragon planet...

Rien
Mar 5, 2013, 09:16 PM
The new Fodorans are scary. Speed charge? Frontal Cannons? I'm going to have a lot of trouble working to shut them down...

RadiantLegend
Mar 5, 2013, 09:16 PM
This game still needs another jarba room though.

Ah great Jarbas....I miss em.

Arialle
Mar 5, 2013, 09:17 PM
Well, Amduscia is a dragon planet...

mehhh they should at least put in the two headed dragons with different elements...forgot its name

~Aya~
Mar 5, 2013, 09:19 PM
Ah great Jarbas....I miss em.

Gotta love that initial spawn walking around in a circle before..umm.. both dambarta and spamming megid is it?

Bellion
Mar 5, 2013, 09:33 PM
Fire Jarbas spammed the Megid and Dambarta. Lightning Jarbas only used Zonde, lol. I know which elemental Jarba I'd root for if a Civil War started between them. >_>

Laxedrane
Mar 5, 2013, 09:40 PM
Fire Jarbas spammed the Megid and Dambarta. Lightning Jarbas only used Zonde, lol. I know which elemental Jarba I'd root for if a Civil War started between them. >_>

Both of them can one shot you at higher levels unless you armored specificly for them. And even then Charged puzzle second release those $%^&s could down you in one shot unless you were geared defensively. Don't even get me started on how they like to defy movement physics for the perfect shot at your character.

Bellion
Mar 5, 2013, 10:04 PM
I don't remember them being that strong in Charged Puzzle S3 from last Summer. I'm sure even the buffed one wasn't able to one shot my GM or MF when I was not using my lightning Shijin. If they hit a critical that may have been a different story, but I don't remember that well.

Edit: The only pain in Charged Puzzle I remember were the fire Olgohmon with their 990890656 damage Foies when I wasn't using my fire Shijin.

NoiseHERO
Mar 5, 2013, 10:08 PM
I don't remember them being that strong in Charged Puzzle S3 from last Summer. I'm sure even the buffed one wasn't able to one shot my GM or MF when I was not using my lightning Shijin. If they hit a critical that may have been a different story, but I don't remember that well.

Before they nerfed lab recovery...

When level cap was probably like level 40 or something...

Jarbas... the most monstrous bane of every guardian's existence... and a whole room of them at that.

Bellion
Mar 5, 2013, 10:20 PM
That sounds rough. :/
I started when the level cap was like 120 or so.

Laxedrane
Mar 5, 2013, 10:29 PM
Maybe becuase I never hit cap in psu but I remember even at like 150 the boosted one could one shot me unless I was wearing armor specifically resistant to thunder.

Angelo
Mar 6, 2013, 07:01 PM
Noticed something interesting.

At :32 of that video it shows some kind of new enemy summoning monsters on a grid kind of like in Episode III

The weirder part? During that part of the video is plays the first 10 notes of the Episode III intro.

Maybe a coincidence.

EDIT: Not the intro, but this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbMSzImxPxw

Coatl
Mar 6, 2013, 07:26 PM
Noticed something interesting.

At :32 of that video it shows some kind of new enemy summoning monsters on a grid kind of like in Episode III

The weirder part? During that part of the video is plays the first 10 notes of the Episode III intro.

Maybe a coincidence.

EDIT: Not the intro, but this song Let the Winds Blow - Theme of Phatasy Star Online Episode 3 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbMSzImxPxw)

Well, PSO2 having bits and pieces of older PS songs is not new. I can't think of a song in PSO2 that is completely original and doesn't take at least a few notes or a chorus from an old PS song.

gigawuts
Mar 6, 2013, 07:29 PM
Forest and desert are the only two that I've really found reference anything as far as I've noticed. Forest is obvious, but desert has a few notes that really remind me of Olga Flow's theme.

BIG OLAF
Mar 6, 2013, 07:30 PM
Forest and desert are the only two that I've really found reference anything as far as I've noticed. Forest is obvious, but desert has a few notes that really remind me of Olga Flow's theme.

Don't forget the Falz Hands theme is a remix of Falz's 'perfect form' theme in PSO.

gigawuts
Mar 6, 2013, 07:31 PM
Ah yeah, that's in there too. I meant free fields, though. Still, that's just 3 that I've noticed.

Ezodagrom
Mar 6, 2013, 07:47 PM
I'm pretty sure I've heard the bit from 00:46 to 01:08 in skyland, but it's so rare to happen that I've only heard it once or twice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXUQebeepE0#t=00m46s

The bit happened right after an emergency code, when the music transitioned to calm, it played that seabed bit.

BIG OLAF
Mar 6, 2013, 07:48 PM
Also, forgot to say that I'm a complete sucker for "ancient city" stages in games. So, seeing that new field was fuckin' sweet. It looks amazing.

Coatl
Mar 6, 2013, 09:21 PM

You are right about forest(5:34) It has pieces of mother of Dishonesty (:58 )

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TXnRu0n5gPg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VSnJW7xnCzQ[/SPOILER-BOX]

Forest also has Secret Altar from Phantasy star zero.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLmRcOuljp7twpfgizdAQTZzneOLWuh3ey&v=TXnRu0n5gPg&feature=player_detailpage#t=78s

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo4ZJshjfYc&feature=player_detailpage#t=10s[/SPOILER-BOX]

And this one is really obvious.

[SPOILER-BOX]
Dark Arms version 1 (00:00) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sRvUUkJc-0s
takes from Cry for "IDOLA" the holy (2:00) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GAFVrBqUtLw[/SPOILER-BOX]

These are ones off the top of my head. I'm sure I've heard more. I'll post them up if I catch any again.

EDIT: Realized I put the wrong link for secret altar. =.=

EtherForce
Mar 7, 2013, 02:24 PM
The fat dude spawned a Vol Dragon and now there's a crab-dragon who uses a light saber attack. I think I'm going to enjoy this new field :3

Kazzi
Mar 7, 2013, 02:52 PM

The Amduscia caves also have small parts from "The kink in the wind and the way" playing, the caves theme from PSO (around 40 seconds in the non-battle version). Though it's definitely not as obvious as Forest or Falz.

I can't say I'm too excited about the new map, not looking forward to fighting any sort of Dragon boss in what looks like tight corridors.

yoshiblue
Mar 7, 2013, 03:49 PM
Tunnels seem to have the mine's tune during battle.

gigawuts
Mar 7, 2013, 03:52 PM
I've played a LOT of tunnels, and I've never noticed PSO1 mine themes in it. Unless PSU or PSP1/2/2i had mines. I could just be missing it, though. Also, good catch on the secret altar theme in forest, I liked that part more than the rest of the theme and now I know why. I spent all of one run in that level before playing PSO2, but recently picked PSZ up again and couldn't figure out why the theme sounded so familiar. Now I know!

Alisha
Mar 7, 2013, 04:05 PM
Well, PSO2 having bits and pieces of older PS songs is not new. I can't think of a song in PSO2 that is completely original and doesn't take at least a few notes or a chorus from an old PS song.

well this made even more interesting by the usage of the Term "ARKZ"

yoshiblue
Mar 7, 2013, 04:15 PM
Your right, they weren't the same. They just sounded similar. This is also coming from the guy who thought there was a bit of green green farm some where in Forest.

http://youtu.be/EadvmKOfU3U?t=1m33s
http://youtu.be/B53V7FvUg0M?t=6m30s

Somewhere near the beginning were similar too.
:22
:43

gigawuts
Mar 7, 2013, 04:21 PM
Oooh, I hadn't picked up on those. Another good catch. When I think of mines that's the one part I can ever actually remember, but I remember the fact that it sounds like an autotuned clip of someone using a talkbox and not the actual notes.

That's what I dislike about the new music system. It takes snippets of music and tosses them together randomly, instead of creating an actual theme with a discernible beginning, middle, and end. You've got some kind of patchwork thing that I at least can't find even a little bit catchy and wind up completely forgetting within minutes of leaving a map.

Which is why I think I like Falz' and a few other boss themes so much, actually. They've got a flow to them that free field songs just don't/can't because of how short the segments are.

Based on this, I bet every area is packed with this sort of thing and I've just never picked up on it.

Sparzyle
Mar 7, 2013, 04:43 PM
So Forest is the most mixed song within all the PSO2 bgms

It even has this theme from PSPo2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOiB8_XcqHs

Btw I'm okay with these cross-over/mixes thing on the songs

Now gimme a lobby music between Cylez City bmg and Day Light and the current default lobby music :-P

AgemFrostMage
Jun 5, 2013, 08:52 AM
seen in this teaser here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9kRWoCuxgjY

The enemies look like they are getting harder?! and this looks epic.

Nope, Dragon X is still far more manageable than Vol. Though the shadowstep darkers can be trouble if not careful.