PDA

View Full Version : Force subbing Hunter question..

linarc
Mar 5, 2013, 01:37 PM
So I've been told that it's better to sub a Hunter class for Force.
Why? I've been told the stance makes you stronger but it doesn't seem to add T-atk based off the description. Can anyone clarify for me? And if it's not too much trouble give me a sample skill build :D

I'm sorry if you're tired of all the newbie questions but I couldn't find the answer after looking around :\

Lorne
Mar 5, 2013, 02:10 PM
If you take Hunter as a subclass, you may get better survivability depending on your Hunter skills. Iron Will, Automate Halfline, Guard Stance, and Flash Guard will all help you stay alive without reducing your damage output (but not increasing it either). It could only increase your damage for melee or shooting attacks.

If you take Fighter as a subclass, Brave Stance and Wise Stance could massively increase your damage output.

If you take Techer as a subclass, there are skills to help with PP regeneration as well as damage output.

I don't think Force/Hunter is a very common combination. Force/Techer is usually recommended by people, but Force/Fighter should be capable of impressive burst damage.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 5, 2013, 02:53 PM
So I've been told that it's better to sub a Hunter class for Force.
Why? I've been told the stance makes you stronger but it doesn't seem to add T-atk based off the description. Can anyone clarify for me? And if it's not too much trouble give me a sample skill build :D

I'm sorry if you're tired of all the newbie questions but I couldn't find the answer after looking around :\

Hunter is worthless to Fo. someone either misinformed you or you misunderstood. Fighter's stances boost all damage types including techs, so maxed stances with stance ups give 44% and 69% bonus damage respectively.

in order to unlock Fighter, you need to get hunter to 30, though.

if that seems like too much work, subbing techer is a great alternative. you lose some damage but you get some nice PP regen options for better sustained damage.

Zorafim
Mar 5, 2013, 04:10 PM
Really, I suggest techer. When properly spec'd, it provides 40% greater PP regeneration, and a cooldown which gives infinite PP. This is great for fire spec, though fighter may be better for thunder or hybrid spec.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 5, 2013, 04:24 PM
No Fo should be speccing pure fire anymore.

Fo/Fi does really well in places where enemies are plentiful - like AQs. PB fills so fast you can get it at least once a room and with a mag that has PP recovery J you dont really need PP convert.

Techer sub is much more general use. Remember that 40% bonus PP regen really only translates to 7 PP/Sec vs 5. so while 40% sounds great, it's really only so-so. Techer's next skill tree update may result in an extra 40% though which will come to 9-10PP/sec which will make bolt techs more or less free with similar results in Zan.

On the other hand, Fi may see new stance ups which can easily make Fo/Fi able to 1-shot almost everything.

Techer vs Fighter sub is certainly burst damage vs sustained, but depending on the situation sustaining fighter sub may not be that difficult

UnLucky
Mar 5, 2013, 04:41 PM
Techer is actually better for a "hybrid" multi-element spec since Element Weak Hit requires that you target an enemy's weakness. That, and if you're not entirely reliant on either Fire or Bolt from Force (who are we kidding here) then you can spec for Wind/Light/Dark.

Fighter is simply more general multipliers and a specialized Force tree will see an even increase against all targets.