PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 aiming to be a fulltime Partisan user...

Poubelle
Mar 5, 2013, 10:59 PM
I noticed that all Hu/Fi use Swords. I want to main Partisan, but I haven't picked up a good 10* one, but I'm going to get the Rusty Stick 10* for now.

It's very clear to me that Sword is more efficient in this game but I like spears, dragoons,and so on.

Anyway, I have some questions about photon art usage for a partisan user.

Speed Rain: obvious bread&butter skill, good AoE range, fast, decent damage

Slide Shaker: 360 degree AoE, situationally useful

These seem to be the only two good PAs for partisans. and mostly Speed Rain because Slide Shaker's damage doesn't seem very good vs the time spent to use it.

a few questions about the other ones:

Bandersnatch: is there any benefit to using this? it's a quick frontal attack with a significantly smaller area of effect than Speed Rain. does it do higher damage? (as in, would this be the preferred PA for a large single target, like a boss...while I should use Speed Rain for groups?)

Rising Flag: anyone use this? the PA propels your character forward in a rather awkward way...

Trick Rave: any uses?

Slide End & Assault Buster: i really dislike 'charge-up' skills, so I probably won't use these. but if anyone uses them efficiently please contribute.

Zenith Throw: is there a point to using this? considering the animation time is there any benefit to throws compared to a frontal PA like speed rain or bandersnatch for attacking a single target?

looking for opinions on all these PAs from a partisan user, their preferred PAs, setups, builds, tips , info on stance usage with partisan,etc

I appreciate it

Zyrusticae
Mar 5, 2013, 11:02 PM
Slide End & Assault Buster are actually the most powerful skills a partisan user can have.

The trouble is hunting the level 11+ versions requires some pretty rare mobs. But once you do find them, they're likely to become mainstays of your arsenal (Slide End in particular is insanely powerful at 11+, capable of doing more AoE damage than Force techniques). The charge times are short, and even uncharged they can do a decent amount of damage.

Poubelle
Mar 5, 2013, 11:14 PM
I believe almost all of my partisan PAs are between 12~15

im specifically curious about bandersnatch vs speed rain, and if there are situations where bandersnatch is better

if anyone cares to answer

Zyrusticae
Mar 5, 2013, 11:20 PM
Bandersnatch is straight-up superior DPS, provided you get in the air first to prevent the back-step.

Speed rain has good range, but the damage is blatantly inferior, and it's really only good as a way to damage groups of enemies and as a ranged poke for bosses you can't get too close to (though only the banthers and Falz Hunar qualify as this atm).

Poubelle
Mar 5, 2013, 11:21 PM
on ground you can dash out of bandersnatch (and I think block out of it) so the backstep isnt a problem

I think when I originally made my character the backstep in bandersnatch was mandatory, so this might be a patch

BlueCast Boy
Mar 5, 2013, 11:22 PM
Well I'm Partizan user also, a Lv11 or higher Assault Buster and Slide End is comes stronger now that than Lv below 11.
Slide End is preety powerful PA on the partizan while Assault Buster can be great for rushing a mob (If is'nt charge,Alos with gear it gives more range). Zenith Throw is also good but if your in a good timing thou.

Bellion
Mar 5, 2013, 11:28 PM
If you really want to main the Partisan, you'll need to hunt for a lvl 11+ Slide End and Assault Buster. The damage modifier is a huge jump from lvl 10 to 11.

I went from doing 3.9k with a lvl 10 AB to 5k+ with a lvl 11 AB on non-weak point areas. The lunge from a charged AB will close the gap between you and the enemy and it will inflict high damage.

The only PAs I use for Partisans are Assault Buster, Slide End, Speed Rain, and Trick Rave.
Trick Rave is for reaching places or hitting targets that are too high for normal reach.
Speed Rain on small mobs in a certain formation.
Assault Buster to inflict high damage and close gaps.
Slide End to hit enemies that are side by side or just to inflict high damage in general.

Aine
Mar 5, 2013, 11:58 PM
http://nicotter.net/watch/sm20057014

This video should give you a good a idea of how powerful Assault Buster and Slide End are. Watch the whole thing because there's a great bit at the end.

You'll have trouble OHKOing normal enemies with Buster in Advance Quests, but against boost enemies you should be able to dish out 5-digit damage.

A lot of people say the Partisan gear is garbage, but it's necessary if you want to take out mob groups in one go with Buster/Slide. The problem is that it's difficult to use. Note that the guard-button spin isn't the only way to build up gear, if you let attack animations play without step-cancelling them they will build gear as well.

If you're approaching mobs with no gear built up, do a step attack → let the spin animation play → wait until the JA circle appears → Assault Buster.

supersonix9
Mar 6, 2013, 12:39 AM
http://nicotter.net/watch/sm20057014

This video should give you a good a idea of how powerful Assault Buster and Slide End are. Watch the whole thing because there's a great bit at the end.

You'll have trouble OHKOing normal enemies with Buster in Advance Quests, but against boost enemies you should be able to dish out 5-digit damage.

A lot of people say the Partisan gear is garbage, but it's necessary if you want to take out mob groups in one go with Buster/Slide. The problem is that it's difficult to use. Note that the guard-button spin isn't the only way to build up gear, if you let attack animations play without step-cancelling them they will build gear as well.

If you're approaching mobs with no gear built up, do a step attack → let the spin animation play → wait until the JA circle appears → Assault Buster.
inspired to main partisan again.

Poubelle
Mar 6, 2013, 12:49 AM
which stance should be used?

and how much points should I invest into stance related skills?

Alisha
Mar 6, 2013, 02:33 AM
i didnt realize assault buster hits more than once with proper spacing

BlueCast Boy
Mar 6, 2013, 02:37 AM
Its only one hit even in charge, I guess you got confused of the mobs that just spawn...

Syklo
Mar 6, 2013, 04:22 AM
Back when I was a hunter, I literally HATED swords, and was real glad to know that partisans served a better alternative (for my preference).

All I'll say about Zenith throw (and other grab-types) is that they have a much higher damage multiplier when used on NATURAL weakpoints than normal, during the grab itself. (you'll hear a "weakbullet" SFX). Fun on garongos.

Trick rave is actually quite powerful, and very effective on high-altitude targets (e.g. vol dragon's back horn).

Can't really say much else....other than I don't really dislike bandersnatch's backstep, nor do I like slide end (not that i have a lv11+ SE), once I turned fighter I've never looked back (except for certain kressida order unlocking)

yoshiblue
Mar 6, 2013, 04:29 AM
"You should not have a favorite weapon. To become over-familiar with one weapon is as much a fault as not knowing it sufficiently well. -Musashi Miyamoto"

Anywho, go for it. I wanted to do the same but then the urge to use a gunblade called. So I use all the weapons save for wire lances. I look forward to the info put into this thread.

Zenobia
Mar 6, 2013, 04:34 AM
"You should not have a favorite weapon. To become over-familiar with one weapon is as much a fault as not knowing it sufficiently well. -Musashi Miyamoto"

Anywho, go for it. I wanted to do the same but then the urge to use a gunblade called. So I use all the weapons save for wire lances. I look forward to the info put into this thread.

Pretty much this i can't stand limiting myself to one wep unless im challenging myself other than that i use all weps and i have every gear for them to me the proper situation don't regret it one bit.