PDA

View Full Version : Hacker effect in game?

Sorbik
Mar 6, 2013, 10:28 AM
So I've played PSO: BB on PC and there were definitely hackers around who weren't even really hiding the fact.

I've just played PSO 2 for about 8 hours yesterday. It's been at least 6 years since I've played PSO and actually forgot about the hacking problem until I stumbled on some websites.

My question is, do hackers in the game really affect a legit player's game play? I mean, your dreams will be shot if you want to be the best in the game... hackers will get that no problem.

But would it actually make your game play less fun assuming you don't play in the same party as them?

I'm asking because I actually deleted the game yesterday after reading how hackers are already swarming in on this game. Using pretty much the exact same methods used on PSO: BB.

When I played pso 2 I thought it was a huge leap from the last version and could see myself playing games again (haven't played rpgs in several years out of disinterest in the newer games). You don't have to run toward every drop so party members aren't taking everything and you can jump around.

But after seeing that this game is easily hackable, I'm not sure if I want to start again.

I can see that equipment could be cheaper on the market as hackers will flood the game with good gear faster. But eventually, you'll be at a point end game where all you really need is better gear and the hackers will have ALOT more meseta and items in their inventory to trade for the things you want too.

Z-0
Mar 6, 2013, 10:31 AM
They're not hackable to that sort of level.

Most things edit stats, give players one hit KO abilities, movement speed and other oddities. Item creation and whatnot doesn't exist here (as far as I know).

Thing is, people take this hacking shit way too seriously. It has NEVER happened in PSO2 for me that someone has joined a game and started "ruining it". You don't even notice them providing you don't play in their games.

That also being said, people seem to view hacking as some morally wrong action. It really isn't. While it might be against the ToS, they're not ruining anyones' lives or gameplay experience, so it would be nice if people who complain about hackers would simmer down.

Merumeru
Mar 6, 2013, 10:36 AM
Well, that's news to me XP but I agree with Z-0, as long as it ain't anything that can directly ruin the economy like duping/etc, not going to bother me much XP it sucks, but not like I'm a programmer and am willing to work 24/7 to chase them if given the opportunity XD

Sorbik
Mar 6, 2013, 10:38 AM
The hacking acts you mentioned are actually the ones I was thinking of. If I can speedup the game to 500% normal speed, one shot everything, and not die. Then I can do like... 10 times the amount of runs in the same time it takes a normal player to do one. This results in faster item gains, faster leveling, and control of end game item trade.

reptile7383
Mar 6, 2013, 10:43 AM
Haven't bothered me any. And its usually pretty easy for the community to tell who's the best players and who's up there because of hacking. I'm pretty sure you jumped the gun in deleting this game.

Soultrigger
Mar 6, 2013, 10:59 AM
That also being said, people seem to view hacking as some morally wrong action. It really isn't. While it might be against the ToS, they're not ruining anyones' lives or gameplay experience, so it would be nice if people who complain about hackers would simmer down.

I agree to this to some extent, but they do effect players indirectly. There are plenty of hackers who abuse speed hacks to get easy TACO money. This illegitimate source of money entering the economy makes items of limited quantity become inflated in value, making it harder for legitimate players to afford things without AC scratching.

But that's more of an issue of hacking as a whole. If a person controls how much they abuse it, the individual shouldn't bother you as a legit player so long as they don't flaunt their script kiddiness.

Alenoir
Mar 6, 2013, 11:03 AM
control of end game item trade.

That's assuming they actually paid for a shop pass, premium account, or got lucky with the FUN scratch. You can't trade or sell stuffs to other players otherwise.

Requiem Aeternam
Mar 6, 2013, 11:08 AM
To me the hackers are annoying at most. If they join my game or I end up in theirs I just leave, change block (so I don't end up in the same party again) and start a new one ASAP. I remember getting an invite from one to join their party but I declined and changed blocks immediately (I regret not blacklisting them but they disappeared before I got a chance to do so). The hackers are, most of the time, easy to distinguish from regular players. The ones I've seen all use gibberish names in both their account name and character name.

As for the effects I've seen, it's mostly just them making enemies spawn every couple of seconds, having them die instantly, and making Emergency Codes show up every two seconds. There have been a couple of exceptions where one caused missiles to fire constantly from everywhere and caused the enemies to make jerky movements (my character moved normally) and another where the screen went black with only the HUD visible.

Thinking about it, I haven't seen hackers on the game since the large update a few weeks ago to get the game ready for the Vita version's release.

Railkune
Mar 6, 2013, 11:41 AM
There are hackers in PSO2...?

Galil AR
Mar 6, 2013, 12:02 PM
Reminds me of the ol' PSPo2 issue where everyone complained about hackers (modders, actually) despite them doing nothing to ruin the "legits" fun other than making them jelly of the fact that they (illegits) had weapons/items that the legits worked so hard for wasting all their time, virginity and so forth.

They were also easy to avoid too.. but alas, the legits still complained! And by legits, I mean the people who dwell on GameSpot cautiously stroking their legit accounts feeling superior than the illegits, unaware that they wasted time and effort despite the items could be attained illegitimately without any threat of punishment aside from legit superiority and jelly-ness. x3

Aaaaaaand I derailed! xD

aarondrom
Mar 6, 2013, 12:47 PM
I think the only way any kind of hackers can ruin fun is if they steal your stuff, hack your account, or basically grief you in some way. Speed hacks, one hit kill hacks, item hacks. Those don't bother me, never did never will. Now if I see it happen while I'm in a party, I'll leave and just blacklist the person, just in case i get in trouble for being near them from the devs.

ThePendragon
Mar 6, 2013, 01:02 PM
1. Make friends who are not hackers.
2. Play with them.
3. ???
4. Profit.

Sorbik
Mar 6, 2013, 01:07 PM
Who is going to have the best chance at getting the best in slot gear. A non hacker or a hacker that can speed through farming runs gathering high valued items at 1/20th the time it takes the non hacker?

This is a farming game. You kill stuff, level up, and gather items to upgrade your character to become stronger. After you get max or near max level, the only thing you're doing now is trying to get better gear to become stronger. I can see someone hacking the game to say "This is my house" because whoever controls the items controls the game. If you ever do a single run with the purpose was to farm and not level or have "fun", it is at this point in the game where the normal player loses.

For the casual player, I can see this not being an issue. It may even be helpful as good items will flood the market. But you also have to think that the faster good items come into the market, the faster your below epic items devalue. Your items go down, theirs go up. The gap between the haves and have nots will become bigger at a much faster rate than if all hacks were prevented.

I'm just rambling to try and convince myself to play this great game. Still on the fence though. I've played alot of f2p games and I've usually grinded my way to the top before hackers became an issue. It's different with this game though because you can use the same methods of hacking that's existed for like 7 years now from pso bb so essentially, the hacks can start within the first days and will be used by many instead of taking several months before they become widely used.

Klypto
Mar 6, 2013, 01:22 PM

It can disrupt market flows, but not nearly as bad as when its combined with a RMT or item collection bot which is technically a hacking tool.

Alenoir
Mar 6, 2013, 01:37 PM
This is a farming game.

This is not a farming game. This is a chance/RNG game and struggle against Dodo.

You, or more likely, your storage, will not let you farm and hoard items that you will "eventually" use to upgrade the 10*/11* rare you "may find one day", unless you pay for the rental storage.

reptile7383
Mar 6, 2013, 01:59 PM
Sorbik, I'd be willing to bet that you can make more mesta buying AC scratches than hacking. Plus I've played BB for years and had no problems making it to the "top". Can hackers get the best equipment faster? Sure. Are they the ONLY ones getting the best equipment? No. Everything was still manageable despite hackers.

Hacking is not the big of a problem right now, and you are just speculating what might happen someday.

Jungo Torii
Mar 6, 2013, 02:32 PM
Hacking doesn't bother me at all as long as the person keeps it private or within an extremely small group of friends.

It's really not worth getting upset over at all.

I'll never hack myself, but I'm not going to exclude myself from being friends with a hacker because they get a bit of fun out of messing with the game, as long as they aren't showing it off (and if they are, they're probably a moron).

~Aya~
Mar 6, 2013, 03:39 PM
Hacking...? These are people using "trainers". Hackers do game breaking things such as meseta duping and. fun/ac multiplier. The people zooming around will eventually tire and either move on or start to play legit to give some meaning to their time spent playing this game. They would only bother me if they troll.

Anatha
Mar 6, 2013, 04:24 PM
I don't think you realize that you can't sell the best in slot items. You wouldn't sound so stupid if you hadn't have uninstalled before you got anywhere.

Rekku
Mar 6, 2013, 04:39 PM
As everyone has already said, hackers shouldn't bother you unless they are in your party. And in that case, just leave.

If they get to the top ranks, and have all the rares before you, how does that stop you from getting to that level? You'll get them eventually, and how will you get them? By playing the game and having fun. Those who hack to get everything faster aren't going to have the same kind of fun that you do. They aren't making friends and working together - wait, isn't that one of the main selling points of a multiplayer online game? By doing everything themselves and relatively instantly getting what they want, they're skipping the game. That's what it boils down to.

I don't want to own the game by having the best items before everyone else. I want to work towards them and feel a sense of accomplishment, like other legit players. So be proud for yourself that you are playing the game your way, with your non-hacker group of friends, and you should be fine and untouched by illegit trolls. There's a blacklist for a reason.

~Aya~
Mar 6, 2013, 05:12 PM
As everyone has already said, hackers shouldn't bother you unless they are in your party. And in that case, just leave.

If they get to the top ranks, and have all the rares before you, how does that stop you from getting to that level? You'll get them eventually, and how will you get them? By playing the game and having fun. Those who hack to get everything faster aren't going to have the same kind of fun that you do. They aren't making friends and working together - wait, isn't that one of the main selling points of a multiplayer online game? By doing everything themselves and relatively instantly getting what they want, they're skipping the game. That's what it boils down to.

I don't want to own the game by having the best items before everyone else. I want to work towards them and feel a sense of accomplishment, like other legit players. So be proud for yourself that you are playing the game your way, with your non-hacker group of friends, and you should be fine and untouched by illegit trolls. There's a blacklist for a reason.

Thank you.

Mopop
Mar 6, 2013, 06:09 PM
Wow so much tolerance for cheating...I'm shocked.

Link1275
Mar 6, 2013, 06:28 PM
You should be. This is a very different attitude towards it compared to the witch hunting days of the past on PSO-World.

Poubelle
Mar 6, 2013, 06:53 PM

yeah its quite sad really. every PSO has been plagued by hackers, so at this point the community just bends over and accepts it. just look at several posters in this thread saying they dont mind being friends with hackers.

me personally I won't play near hackers. that includes playing in B20 emergency quests where the hackers(rats) gather.

players like jungotorii and aya who are 'tolerant'of hacking disgust me. and they will probably get convinced to use the hack programs themselves, if they dont already.

~Aya~
Mar 6, 2013, 07:01 PM
yeah its quite sad really. every PSO has been plagued by hackers, so at this point the community just bends over and accepts it. just look at several posters in this thread saying they dont mind being friends with hackers.

me personally I won't play near hackers. that includes playing in B20 emergency quests where the hackers(rats) gather.

players like jungotorii and aya who are 'tolerant'of hacking disgust me. and they will probably get convinced to use the hack programs themselves, if they dont already.

Lmao. How very sad... what do you expect from us? Witch hunt more and complain to SoJ when they already know about this? I don't condone hacking. Waste of time and effort. People will hack. Get used to it.

The end.

UnLucky
Mar 6, 2013, 07:03 PM
Oh man someone who is playing the game the way they want which doesn't affect what you're doing at all and will probably get banned or quit eventually anyway!

So now I'm just as bad because I ignore them, knowing full well that there will always be hackers no matter what Sega tries, instead of make long rants about how these filthy cheaters are ruining our wonderful game for everyone with their vile depravity?

EvilMag
Mar 6, 2013, 07:24 PM
*Boomhauer voice* I'll tell you what man those hackers man always ruining stuff man always making me check on them man dem hackers ruin my entire pso2 experience man.

Coatl
Mar 6, 2013, 07:27 PM
*Boomhauer voice* I'll tell you what man those hackers man always ruining stuff man always making me check on them man dem hackers ruin my entire pso2 experience man.

Lmao.

~Aya~
Mar 6, 2013, 07:29 PM

Hahahahaha.. from unlucky until the most recent post... great stuff. Lmao

The Walrus
Mar 6, 2013, 07:40 PM
Personally while I despise hacking/cheating in games as long as they aren't doing anything to ruin the experience of others it really shouldn't matter how they play. That said if you see them hacking its fair game to report them since it is against the ToS and all.

~Aya~
Mar 6, 2013, 07:49 PM
Personally while I despise hacking/cheating in games as long as they aren't doing anything to ruin the experience of others it really shouldn't matter how they play. That said if you see them hacking its fair game to report them since it is against the ToS and all.

Yeah.. that's true. Only one problem. I have yet to see one using a trainer or hacks infront of me. Probably because I either run mpa in jp blocks or only run with people that i know in b20... I mean.. i know most people there. All of them are fantastic.

gigawuts
Mar 6, 2013, 07:59 PM
but guys what about the hacker guilds

The Walrus
Mar 6, 2013, 08:04 PM
Are there really hacker guilds that advertise it?

reptile7383
Mar 6, 2013, 08:13 PM
yeah its quite sad really. every PSO has been plagued by hackers, so at this point the community just bends over and accepts it.

I like how you say that like theres anything that players can actually do. Literally the best thing we can do is call them stupid. What point is there to complain when complaining just interferes with us having fun?

~Aya~
Mar 6, 2013, 08:14 PM
Are there really hacker guilds that advertise it?

Not that I know of on ship 2...

Coatl
Mar 6, 2013, 10:30 PM
How do you even report someone?

The Walrus
Mar 6, 2013, 10:34 PM
Don't have the link for it offhand but you're supposed to get their ID then use the report form sega has to tell them what happened.

Jungo Torii
Mar 7, 2013, 12:13 AM

http://puu.sh/1tqUi

Ok give me a moment here. You're saying, that because I don't mind someone COMPLETELY KEEPING TO THEMSELVES WITH THESE KINDS OF TOOLS, which really doesn't affect anyone in any significant way, that I'm a disgusting person who tolerates 'hacking' (or whatever loose definition you've created of it).

Get off your high horse and stop the witch hunt, please.

Keep in mind that all of these people are still PEOPLE. I wouldn't just stop being friends with someone just because they chose to mess around with their client. I don't condone it, but it's their personal choice to take those risks. That doesn't affect their relationship with me in any way, because I'm not a complete jerk.

I'm not one to spit acid or get angry, but you're getting me pretty close to that threshold. Especially when you decide to personally call me out like that.

Mike
Mar 7, 2013, 12:36 AM
How do you even report someone?

Log in here (https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/?mode=wickeduser) and fill in the necessary fields. You can also submit screenshots as well.

Coatl
Mar 7, 2013, 12:52 AM
Alright, thanks.

Sizustar
Mar 7, 2013, 02:39 AM
Alright, thanks.

Screenshot, Ark ID(Not the user name) Area seen, and Chat/Item logs will be helpful too.

Rien
Mar 7, 2013, 02:45 AM
Not that I know of on ship 2...

There are. But not in english, of course. Well, they don't openly say it but everyone knows that they are.

Sizustar
Mar 7, 2013, 02:51 AM
There are. But not in english, of course. Well, they don't openly say it but everyone knows that they are.

Please don't start a witch hunt.