PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Help in regards to PSO2 English Patch.

Nexoz
Mar 6, 2013, 09:30 PM
I know this is probably going to sound very, very dumb but I do need help with this.

Do you copy over the win32 files, replacing them or do you just place the translation files in with the original files and let them all hang with each other?

And do you use the patch before or after the game patches?

Hold me, I'm so confused!

The Walrus
Mar 6, 2013, 09:32 PM
After game patches. Then throw all the stuff from the rar into the folder. They have the same names as the files they replace so yes you have to allow them to replace the old files.

Nexoz
Mar 6, 2013, 09:34 PM
After game patches. Then throw all the stuff from the rar into the folder. They have the same names as the files they replace so yes you have to allow them to replace the old files.

Thanks buddy. I should have known but the installation guide wasn't really all that specific on how it works.

Shadowth117
Mar 6, 2013, 09:45 PM
It is literally a patch over the original files. Technically its a form of modding honestly although that particular wording isn't something that's necessarily inviting.

reptile7383
Mar 6, 2013, 10:02 PM
Theres a patch launcher than somebody made that handles all of that for you. Its pretty nice if you don't want to always replace the patch every time the game patches.

Zorafim
Mar 6, 2013, 10:04 PM
I suggest making a backup before you patch the original file, though. The game becomes unplayable if you patch with an outdated set of files.

Nexoz
Mar 7, 2013, 07:08 AM
Tried getting online but the game doesn't even start.

Just stays in a black screen.

Maronji
Mar 7, 2013, 07:19 AM
Tried getting online but the game doesn't even start.

Just stays in a black screen.

Make sure you're using the 2013-03-06 core patch and the 2013-02-20 large files (it's actually from the 27th, but it was "versioned" to match the game update and core patch it belonged to at the time). Black screens with the English patch tend to indicate that you're using an incompatible/outdated/broken patch.

Also, file-check the game and try to log on without the English patch if you haven't already (might want to play it safe and do it anyway even if you did so already). If the error persists, then there's a chance that something's wrong with your configuration/client files (a lower-chance possibility is that one of the patch files didn't get overwritten properly/was corrupted).

Nexoz
Mar 7, 2013, 12:17 PM
Got it all working now, I'm on Ship 2 as well.

Which channel is the one where all the English players hang out?

HIT0SHI
Mar 7, 2013, 12:32 PM
Block 20 mostly.