PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the Past

Swaggerjak
Mar 6, 2013, 11:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gSixasD.jpg

Anyone miss having to play with one of these? I kinda wish I could hook it up to the PC to use as my gamepad, honestly. I wouldn't have to lean forward to type in chat... hahaha.

(Pics is the one I actually own, it sits about 5 feet away from me. I took that picture today after work, someone brought up controllers in a conversation.)

Patchwork Heaven
Mar 7, 2013, 01:30 AM
I didn't even know these things existed. Wow, kickass looking piece of hardware

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 7, 2013, 01:36 AM
I had a box that converted a keyboard cable into the GC proprietary connector.

Coatl
Mar 7, 2013, 02:00 AM
That looks soooooo clunky.
e_e

Alnet
Mar 7, 2013, 02:09 AM
I actually came in expecting to see the PSU Texter. This is also pretty silly, though.

Mike
Mar 7, 2013, 02:23 AM
I actually came in expecting to see the PSU Texter. This is also pretty silly, though.
10 years ago this was a great but expensive way to play Ep1&2. That said, I don't miss these one bit.

DreamState83
Mar 7, 2013, 02:41 AM
I used to play PSO1JP with that beast.

gigawuts
Mar 7, 2013, 02:59 AM
I always wanted to get one of these. Didn't they have super tiny keys? I imagine my arms would probably get pretty tired, having to hold basically a keyboard for the entire time I play the game. I do wish the 360 chatpad worked on PC, though.

Du1337
Mar 7, 2013, 06:00 AM

Church!

GreenArcher
Mar 7, 2013, 10:24 AM

As did I. And being the stupid middle schooler that I was during PSOGC, broke tons and tons of pins....

Skyly HUmar
Mar 7, 2013, 10:35 AM
I love mine, after I stopped playing pso1 on gc i hung it on my wall.

Kroe_Waynes
Mar 7, 2013, 10:40 AM
i had the dreamcast one you had no choice cauz the in game kb sucks lol

Gama
Mar 7, 2013, 11:26 AM
http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/xbox-keyboard-controller.jpg

wouldnt mind trying one of these out.

Zeota
Mar 7, 2013, 11:37 AM
Yup! I still have mine buried in a box somewhere. I was friends with one of the guys that made those adapters for a while.

ShinMaruku
Mar 7, 2013, 11:47 AM
That thing looks unholy.

gigawuts
Mar 7, 2013, 11:48 AM
http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/xbox-keyboard-controller.jpg

wouldnt mind trying one of these out.

If you really want to try it, there's a custom driver that works with wired controllers. What would be really great about this thing is the number line for using items, in addition to the obvious ability to type on the controller. No more fumbling with the dpad to heal at a moment's notice or anything like that though, that sounds nice.

It sure would be nice if MS ACTUALLY supported their 360 peripherals on windows, they're passing up some serious opportunities :/

Kazzi
Mar 7, 2013, 01:06 PM
Oh hey I have one of those! It lives in its box beneath my bed, so its been kept in great condition! I was always surprised at how light the thing is. I kind of miss using it, but it definitely made PSOGC easier, I feel a bit nostalgic now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/kazzisato/pso/DSC02371.jpg

Coatl
Mar 7, 2013, 01:07 PM
How heavy is it? Looks uncomfortable. :I

ShinMaruku
Mar 7, 2013, 01:18 PM
It looks unholy!

Ash1ey
Mar 7, 2013, 01:25 PM
I still have that thing. I have to say it was one of my favorite controlers that I've used.

holmwood
Mar 7, 2013, 01:31 PM
Lol, its got little handles on the sides, AS IF ANYONE IN THE RIGHT MIND WILL HOLD THE THING.

It's in great condition though.

TheDeFiler
Mar 7, 2013, 01:57 PM
I remember actually throwing down a hundred bucks off of ebay to get this. It was great during my PSO GC days. I don't even know where it is anymore lol.

Zorafim
Mar 7, 2013, 01:58 PM
I'm so glad I never had to use one of those. The keyboard controls right now are spot on, and I'd much rather plug a keyboard into the console than have it be part of the controller. Still, I have to admit. As long as I don't have to use it, that thing looks kind of neat.

CANT TYPE GOOD

Swaggerjak
Mar 7, 2013, 02:31 PM
Way more reaction to this than I would have expected. hahah

They're surprisingly light weight. They seriously are not that bad to hold. Truth be told, though, it was the perfect size to just lay across your legs, and wide enough that this was ideal. You could hold the sides, use the buttons, and switch to typing in an instant.

Mines been out of the box since I received it for Christmas all those years ago. I was the happiest little kid on the planet that morning. My mom went way out of her way to get me that and the modem for the Gamecube. So glad that I've managed to keep it in such excellent condition.