PDA

View Full Version : Status effect and events

fay
Mar 7, 2013, 08:12 AM
few things I want to ask. In regards to events to be seen; in particular the butterfly dance in this case; I know it's to be seen in Floating Continent. Just how rare is this though? I've been grinding this exploration area for almost 6-7 hours now and still haven't seen it. Ironically, I found it before I started the client order earlier that day.

Also what do the status effects do in this game? I'm not sure about some.
Burn - deals damage
Freeze - Make you immobile and vulnerable to attacks
Shock - use to stop melee attacks. What does it do now?
Shock from the weather strike - Not sure again.
Mirage - Not sure again
Panic - makes enemies attack each other? "Confusion" from PSO?
Poison - same as burn.

Maronji
Mar 7, 2013, 08:21 AM
few things I want to ask. In regards to events to be seen; in particular the butterfly dance in this case; I know it's to be seen in Floating Continent. Just how rare is this though? I've been grinding this exploration area for almost 6-7 hours now and still haven't seen it. Ironically, I found it before I started the client order earlier that day.
I had a much easier time doing this in the free field on the PC/Vita shared blocks for some reason (same with my brother), though perhaps it was a coincidence.

Regardless, try not to hunt specifically for weather effects. You're more likely to tire yourself out before you actually find the one you need in many cases.

Also what do the status effects do in this game? I'm not sure about some.
Burn - deals damage
Freeze - Make you immobile and vulnerable to attacks
Shock - use to stop melee attacks. What does it do now?
Shock from the weather strike - Not sure again.
Mirage - Not sure again
Panic - makes enemies attack each other? "Confusion" from PSO?
Poison - same as burn.

Burn: Damage over time. Can ignite allies (and enemies can ignite other enemies)
Freeze: You nailed this one.
Shock (in general): Causes you to flinch after certain intervals, canceling whatever action you're performing (same with enemies; not sure about some sub-bosses).
Mirage: Never seen this effect on players, but it supposedly makes enemies randomly miss.
Panic: Basically PSO's confusion status, yes. Causes enemies to attack each other and, in the case of players, reverses their movement controls.
Poision: Damage over time, but I think it lasts longer than Burn(?) and is super-effective on Caterdran/Arks Clones.

fay
Mar 7, 2013, 08:27 AM
I might just give the vita blocks a go then. It's worth a go I guess.

I never knew burned enemies could ignite other enemies!
I actually noticed that with shock, but I thought it was something else. That's actually a pretty poor effect I think.
I've actually been hit with mirage before. I was in emergency attack: clone and the character done zan to me. I didn't notice anything though.
With panic on our own players, I think confusion from PSO was much more effective. With controls reversed, I can still play with no problems. With a random movement though; that was a killer.

Laxedrane
Mar 7, 2013, 08:47 AM
I had a much easier time doing this in the free field on the PC/Vita shared blocks for some reason (same with my brother), though perhaps it was a coincidence.

Regardless, try not to hunt specifically for weather effects. You're more likely to tire yourself out before you actually find the one you need in many cases.

Burn: Damage over time. Can ignite allies (and enemies can ignite other enemies)
Freeze: You nailed this one.
Shock (in general): Causes you to flinch after certain intervals, canceling whatever action you're performing (same with enemies; not sure about some sub-bosses).
Mirage: Never seen this effect on players, but it supposedly makes enemies randomly miss.
Panic: Basically PSO's confusion status, yes. Causes enemies to attack each other and, in the case of players, reverses their movement controls.
Poision: Damage over time, but I think it lasts longer than Burn(?) and is super-effective on Caterdran/Arks Clones.

Just two additions to this otherwise right list. Both players and enemies are broken out of freeze early by being attacked multiple times.

Shock not only cause enemies to flinch their attack but also randomly fall over from the paralysis.(As if you did a photon art that launches them).

Side note about all these status effect. All mini-bosses can be hit by their elemental weaknesses status effect. The slinky dragon no matter what area it's in can be frozen or poison despite it's weakness. Large bosses like Panther, Vol Dragon, Quartz Dragon, and Falz have special effects caused by them.

Panther can be burned and when burned will receive the dot effect but it will also cause him to stop drop and roll(well not roll but still it's hilarious) making him vulnerable to a barrage of attacks since he won't move. This is very rare to cause but seems to have a higher rate of success to the Forest Panthers when they are in the tree. Burn does not last the whole duration for these guys since they put themselves out.

VOl Dragon you can freeze his feet to the ground. This effect will only work if you try to freeze his feet. All other parts of his body won't cause this effect. This is a very easy status effect to cause however. Useful in keeping him from recovering his tail.

Quartz Dragon can be inflicted on his breakable parts by Poison. This will cause melees to deal more damage to that part and forces to deal normal damage(He has high T defense). However I don't believe the poison Dots. Also note you can still "poison" even after a part is broken to deal multiplied damage.(Broken spots become weak points)

Falz Eldar will literally collapse when shocked. Making all his arms vulnerable to attack. This is very important becuase it's the only way to attack his two upper arms. You should not shock falz until his second form.

Rakurai
Mar 7, 2013, 09:00 AM
Panic doesn't always reverse your controls.

I've had it make left become up and down become right. It also seems to occasionally change how it's messing with your controls, too.

Maronji
Mar 7, 2013, 09:02 AM
Panic doesn't always reverse your controls.

I've had it make left become up and down become right. It also seems to occasionally change how it's messing with your controls, too.

Does it? I don't get hit by it very often (given that I don't fight clones or Quartz Dragon terribly often at the moment), so I probably didn't get a chance to experience that.

Cyclon
Mar 7, 2013, 09:53 AM
I'll add that poison is considerably stronger than burn, which makes sense since it doesn't spread to nearby targets. Both burn and poison are very effective against mini-bosses and clones, since they deal a percentage of the target's health as damage, and both of those have a lot of hp. Poison's percentage is simply higher(not sure by how much though)

fay
Mar 7, 2013, 10:04 AM
I've noticed that poison does quite a bit more. Notice these mainly when fighting de malmoth and I burn it for about 4 k or so. Then when I fight caterdran'sa with poison I can usually get 8-10k

GreenArcher
Mar 7, 2013, 10:19 AM
Has anyone noticed how long the intervals are for burn/poison damage? I think back in PSU virus would tick higher for a longer duration but also longer intervals. Burn ticked faster but had lower tick damage/shorter duration, but resulted in more damage if you could reapply it

It was something like virus lv4 would do 50% damage over 40 sec, while burn lv4 did 25% damage over 10 sec. Obviously one virus proc beats one burn proc, but if you apply burn twice you could deal the same damage in half the time. Numbers are guesstimated but that was the general idea.

Daiyousei
Mar 7, 2013, 10:27 AM
A note about the panic effect it reverses my controls if I am aiming manually, namely when I'm playing with ranger and gunner, but when I'm playing in the normal camera mode, I just go wherever it randomizes.

Whenever I get hit with that effect with any class though, I just hit Z and therefore have control over which direction I go, rather than see myself make figure eights around the same area.

gigawuts
Mar 7, 2013, 11:38 AM
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%8A%B6%E6%85%8B%E7%95%B0%E5%B8%B8%E3% 83%BB%E5%B1%9E%E6%80%A7%E3%83%BB%E5%A4%A9%E5%80%99 %E5%A4%89%E5%8C%96

Poison does last considerably longer than burn, and tick for considerably more damage, but only on one

Panicked enemies attack the nearest target, like in PSO1 (It also plays the same sound effect for the status effect animation as PSO1).

Panicked players will have their controls rotated by some random amount. On M&K this means they can rotate to 3 different ways - left, right, and down - but for a controller they can be rotated any direction that counts as different. Which would be a lot of directions.

edit: Ah right. Panicked players will also apparently hit other players with their attacks, although I've never actually hit anyone myself. I just lock quartz again and dash, since holding the-actual-direction-you-want-to-go-while-targeting-something & dashing isn't affected by the direction change (neither are many PA's, like ride slasher, grapple charge, tornado dance, or raging waltz).

Hrith
Mar 7, 2013, 01:17 PM
I was affected by Mirage when battling a Zan-using clone, I did not notice any of my hits missing, though.

Neith
Mar 7, 2013, 01:21 PM
There's another 'status' Falz Hunar can inflict on you as well (it's noticable by a red, barred off section of your health). It effectively reduces your maximum HP for a period of time. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this.

fay
Mar 7, 2013, 01:23 PM
Anyone got any information about what mirage does? It's probably the most confusing effect since wind is a new element. I heard it made enemies appear for players that aren't real, but no evidence towards it.

holmwood
Mar 7, 2013, 01:28 PM
Anyone got any information about what mirage does? It's probably the most confusing effect since wind is a new element. I heard it made enemies appear for players that aren't real, but no evidence towards it.

Allows you to avoid its attacks at a fixed probability according to japanese wiki.
(Source: http://wikiwiki.asia/pso2/index.php?%C6%C3%BC%EC%C7%BD%CE%CF)

gigawuts
Mar 7, 2013, 01:37 PM
http://translate.google.com/

Put a URL in the left

Click link in the right

Have fun (This is how most of us learned too)

Macman
Mar 7, 2013, 02:40 PM
Mirage does make attacks randomly miss. I've had Rockbears completely whiff while trying to punch or bodyslam me while under the effect.

Sizustar
Mar 7, 2013, 05:57 PM
Shock can also cause Zeshrayda to flip over, exposing his chest weakness.

Rakurai
Mar 7, 2013, 06:23 PM
Is it necessary to hit a certain area on the Fang/Snow Banther/Banshee and Dark Falz Elder in order to inflict them with the status effect?

I've heard that only hitting the body of the former will produce any results, and it seems like the latter can only be shocked when hitting a weak point.