PDA

View Full Version : How the hell do you do alot of damage?

Kraiseson
Mar 7, 2013, 04:27 PM
I see hunters doing like 5k dmg a hit.
How is that possible? I do like 200-300 with regular PA's and maybe like 600-700 with the strong end of a PA once and awhile. Partizan of course.
I see some people doing 5k+ dmg consistently lol I just don't get it.
Although I didnt subclass yet as I just got back to playing. Havent played since last august.
but i cant see subclassing allowing me to do 10-20 times as much dmg ..
So theres still something I'm missing..

I know theres alot of things that are taken into consideration
but like whats the most important? high level disks?
units? skills? i just don't get it. For a hunter to do that kind of dmg without any weak shooting or any of that . like damn man

what should i be looking into?

edit ; looking for answers that can help show a 'noticeable' improvement.

Coatl
Mar 7, 2013, 04:30 PM
Although I didnt subclass yet as I just got back to playing. Havent played since last august.

There's your problem. Fighter stances are OP.

yoshiblue
Mar 7, 2013, 04:30 PM
Weapon upgrades, unit upgrades, high end disks/PAs, maybe shifta and ranking Just attacks/or stances.

Those are just the things off the top of my head.

Kraiseson
Mar 7, 2013, 04:31 PM
There's your problem. Fighter stances are OP.

Really?
Is Hunter/Fighter the way to go for damage?

Weapon upgrades, unit upgrades, high end disks/PAs, maybe shifta and ranking Just attacks/or stances.

Those are just the things off the top of my head.

ranking just attacks/or stances?
I'm not sure what this means?

Coatl
Mar 7, 2013, 04:33 PM
Yes, if you want the best melee damage it is currently optimal to go HU/FI or FI/HU.

gigawuts
With a standard skeleton fighter build of 5 SP in each stance and 10 SP in each stance up, you're looking at 38% more damage for frontal attacks using brave and 62.5% more damage for rear attacks using wise.

So yes, pretty significant gains.

What level are you? The last time my heavy hitting PA's did less than 1k damage was, like, normal mode.

yoshiblue
On your skill tree. Ranking just attack over the S-attack upgrades is the way to go it seems. Or your stances. Guard stance and fury stance for hunters.

Kraiseson
Mar 7, 2013, 04:37 PM
With a standard skeleton fighter build of 5 SP in each stance and 10 SP in each stance up, you're looking at 38% more damage for frontal attacks using brave and 62.5% more damage for rear attacks using wise.

So yes, pretty significant gains.

What level are you? The last time my heavy hitting PA's did less than 1k damage was, like, normal mode.

I'm not even sure what would be considered a heavy hitter PA. That might be the problem. I use the ones i'm used too, but im probably missing out.

I'm level 40 man, and thats what really eats me up lol.
Im doing crap damage and I don't know why.

MetalDude
Mar 7, 2013, 05:07 PM
Buy Red weapons, get them to 50 element and +10. It's really cheap to do and the grinding experience is usually (keyword "usually") pretty easy to do. That'll bring your weapons up to par with most low end 10*'s.

If you're fresh into Very Hard mode, you'll start finding level 11+ PAs. While not always the case, a lot of them got damage improvements at 11+.

A lot of things do add up though and having a Soul and Power II/III on units and weapons will give you a good 250+ S Atk. Once you start reaching the 1800 modified S Atk range, you should seeing some good numbers.

UnLucky
Mar 7, 2013, 05:10 PM
JA Advance, Brave/Wise Stance, Chase Advance, high powered PAs, strong weapons, and 60 S-Atk per unit plus set bonus.

Subclassing gives you 20% of the sub's stats, plus their entire skill tree.

Lostbob117
Mar 7, 2013, 05:11 PM
Weak bullet.

ShinMaruku
Mar 7, 2013, 05:23 PM
I did 5k damage at level 9 chains are OP. Take that in your ass falz!

TaigaUC
Mar 7, 2013, 08:58 PM
It kinda feels like every little bit matters. Here's what I've been aiming for. If anyone feels I'm completely wrong, please correct me.

- Mag with 100+ SATK (I have 100 SATK, 10 SDEF for equipment requirements and the rest in DEX, but you should adjust depending on your race/gender's base stats)
- Weapon and units affixed with Quartz/Vol/Gwana Soul & Power 3 (2 if you can't afford it)
- Max out your Photon Arts to at least rank 10
- A weapon with at least 700 SATK (grinded to +10, "Red" weapons are the easiest way)
- Get the Gear skill for the weapons you are using and always use it
- Always try to do Just Attacks to maximize damage and PP regen
- Always attack weak points, preferably when Weak Bullet is applied
- Always try to stay in optimal stances (Fury + Brave/Wise)
- Try to get used to using lock-on and/or aiming view to minimize missing enemies/weak points
- Drink potions from the Medical Center to boost your damage further

I recommend checking videos of top players for each weapon, as each one has different optimal playing style (which Photon Arts to use, etc).
Keep in mind that Hunter weapons and Knuckles do bigger numbers than Twin Daggers/Double Saber, but the latter two hit faster multiple times.

Recommended Photon Arts for each weapon:
Sword: "Over End" is absolutely necessary, "Sonic Arrow" is generally very good
Partisan: I don't use Partisan much anymore, but I hear "Slide End" and "Speed Rain" are good.
Wired Lance: I honestly don't know, sorry. I've seen people using "Holding Current" and "Heavenly Fall", but I thought "Cerberus Dance" looked useful.
Double Saber: A charged "Deadly Archer" does massive damage. "Tornado Dance" can rip through groups of enemies. A friend recommends "Surprise Dunk" for its distance and damage.
Twin Daggers: "Raging Waltz" or "Symphonic Drive" to target and launch enemies, then spam "Orchestra" in between regular attacks.
Knuckles: "Ducking Blow" hits hardest and is fast with Knuckles gear up, highly recommended for first slot to shift cancel. I like "Flash Thousand" for launching enemies and "Straight Charge" for travelling quickly

If you didn't already know, you can use the secondary action button/key (shift on keyboard) to reset your current Photon Art order to the first slot Photon Art.

I would consider this the "base" Skill Tree that you need to get decent damage:
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03gAbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0lbInqnG KcA000007bHnGAfGK0000lb00000ib0000Ib00000ib00000f

The reason for those skill choices is because those skills multiply your overall damage output. You can always get SATK outside of skills, so try to avoid putting points into SATK skills unless you have to. Note that you only need Step Attack on one of your classes to be able to do it on both. That can save you some precious skill points.
As far as I know, DEX/Critical increases your minimum damage so that you'll do maximum more often. I feel that it's more important to get the damage multiplier skills first.

SEGA has said that Fury Stance Up 1 and 2 will be changed from +50 SATK to a damage multiplier, which will make it vastly more attractive so I highly recommend putting as many points into those as possible when the time comes.
If you've already screwed up your Hunter tree, there's hope that you'll be able to reset it for free when they make the Hunter rebalance changes.

Bellion
Mar 7, 2013, 09:09 PM
As of right now, you want all of your PAs level 11+ since some of them get huge boosts from lvl 10 to 11. For the most part, I agree.

We don't exactly know if the new Fury Stance will be a damage multiplier or a base S and R-atk multiplier.