PDA

View Full Version : Update problems and a few more things

GrandYith
Mar 9, 2013, 03:08 AM
plz don't be scared by the size of it. Read at lest the 3rd paragraph, that's my main reason for the thread.

So, I only played PSO2 for like... Almost a month, I guess. The problem is that, when I'm updating the patch, several errors occur and I have to close the error report and then restart the update. I've been trying to update recently and it goes through 20-60 files maximum, then crashes. Sometimes it doesn't even begin to check files and the errors come. Cos of this, I use to try for a couple minutes than give up, cos I don't have time for it to go through idk-how-much-files plus crashes. If only it worked properly, it'd be fine to wait.

My questions are related to this update problems and the NA release (from which seems we have no news yet...).

So, last month I downloaded and played FFXI in a private server, I guess the biggest one now days. The general update (equal to the 1st time we run PSO2, for those who don't know) took like a whole day and a few more hours. Knowing that, I waited an hour or so to see if there would be any error like PSO2, and there was none. When I woke up the next day, the update was almost complete. I made it with no errors, not a single one. When I found this private server, I posted on a gamers group I'm in on Fb and another guy had these update problems, same that happen to me on PSO2. Another guy seemed to have them too, but I, with my 1MB connection, had none. So, I want to know, what's the deal with these errors? Why I had no errors on FFXI while the other guys (with their 15MB connection) had? Why I have so many errors with PSO2 patch while there are many other people who don't? And is there a chance that this problem will no longer occur when I use the NA servers to update (when they come out and everything, of course)?

Oh, and another thing. Is pretty silly, I guess there was several threads about this here, but when the NA servers come out (if they ever come...), you guys who will change to there, no longer login in the JP servers, why exactly will you do this? Is it bc is good to have our own community without messing around JP servers (cos they belong to them, otherwise those would be international servers), or bc of english dialogues, menus and all this stuff, or anything that your reason is? Plz, I'd really like to know, cos I'm curious -_- Though I play many MMOs, I don't use to make friends (guess I only had friends on RuneScape), so JP or NA, it doesn't matter to me (of course, depending on the update situation I mentioned before), cos for what I saw the other day, there are many other translatons to the JP servers (story stuff, the most I care when I play a game with a storyline at all). So yeah, I'm just curious :I

Sry for the big text, btw. I have a few socialization problems and I use to talk too much when I make a useless thread like this >_>

Gama
Mar 9, 2013, 03:59 AM
some errors ocur due to file permissions

GrandYith
Mar 9, 2013, 04:10 AM
So they're appearing cos I putted those translation files there? Will the NA release solve this problem, since I won't use translation files with it?

blace
Mar 9, 2013, 04:12 AM
It'll be easier to get support for one, as it is difficult to communicate with a representative from Sega of Japan.

GrandYith
Mar 9, 2013, 06:04 AM
K, so I could download about 200-300 files before the 1st error message, but now, I get nothing. It does the check up, but it downloads no files. After a few seconds, the error message comes again. This happened before, but it's been more frequent lately (and this is the second time I update bc of events, maintance or whatever, the 1st time was months ago, close to when I stopped playing). I just wanted to know if there's any possibility that this will stop with the NA patch or what o.o It's annoying and as I said before, I have no time nor patience to wait error messages and then restart the update (cos as you know, it have to check the files everytime it starts an update, and this step takes about 2-4 minutes here). idk why I keep trying... Maybe I hope that everything will run OK if I try several times or what -_- I'm nearly giving up...

@blace

You mean contacting SEGA JP (sorry, I didn't understand your sentence :I)? Well, that's a very good point about the NA servers. I know many people don't care about it (belive me, some people even made fun of me on a Fb group just bc I'm waiting for it), but it's very important for us to be able to contact the developer in a language we can communicate... I don't speak japanese, as many people here, so yeah, guess I have to wait for the NA release and see if I'm lucky?