PDA

View Full Version : Wire Lance is so much fun

DreamState83
Mar 9, 2013, 06:28 AM
I don't even care that it's not the best atm, it's just too much redic. fun to put down! Having said that, I should probably let my hands rest before they start spitting blood everywhere XD

Ce'Nedra
Mar 9, 2013, 06:31 AM
Don't let Cornelia see this topic /o/

But yeah WL are good fun sometimes, and very handy as well, although most people hate them being used in groups because they dislocate the monsters all over the place and no one else can hit it.

mommy_cornelia
Mar 9, 2013, 06:35 AM
Don't let Cornelia see this topic /o/

>w>...

Yeah, W-Lances are very Fun to play with. I like them so much that I only use them x3

DreamState83
Mar 9, 2013, 06:39 AM
>w>...

Yeah, W-Lances are very Fun to play with. I like them so much that I only use them x3

Your Dark Ragne Very Hard boss fight is what inspired me to try them out. It's not sword mode easy, and I think that's one reason I like it so much! It takes work, but the payoff and satisfaction are incredible!

mommy_cornelia
Mar 9, 2013, 06:42 AM
Your Dark Ragne Very Hard boss fight is what inspired me to try them out. It's not sword mode easy, and I think that's one reason I like it so much! It takes work, but the payoff and satisfaction are incredible!

Hahah, nice to hear :P

btw, if you're interested, i just made another video :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO9cZpmjb7Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO9cZpmjb7Q

DreamState83
Mar 9, 2013, 06:44 AM
Hahah, nice to hear :P

btw, if you're interested, i just made another video :3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO9cZpmjb7Q

I'll probably hit the subscribe button - just this once ;)

Coatl
Mar 9, 2013, 07:48 AM
My favorite part about Wired lances are when there is this huntard with red Wired lances at +7 power III grabbing enemies and warping them all over the map so my attacks miss.

Yeah..
Stop doing that.

Reiketsu
Mar 9, 2013, 07:53 AM
I'm not using WLs only like Nelia, because I need a bit of gameplay variation and therefore switch between weapons a lot. I'm using WLs the most, though, and they have definitely become my favorite weapon. They're just too much fun, especially the PAs.
I love throwing enemies around with them or picking one up and slamming it down onto another one. Never gets old. Also, Air Pocket Swing <3

BIG OLAF
Mar 9, 2013, 07:56 AM
A lot of WL PAs are very good. Holding Current, especially, is retardedly (not an actual word but hey) OP.

Naji23
Mar 9, 2013, 08:09 AM
i love wls too, but i might use them just in solo after i read this topic >.<

DreamState83
Mar 9, 2013, 08:17 AM
My favorite part about Wired lances are when there is this huntard with red Wired lances at +7 power III grabbing enemies and warping them all over the map so my attacks miss.

Yeah..
Stop doing that.

I can see how that would annoy people, but thankfully I equipped common/courtesy++ ;)

BIG OLAF
Mar 9, 2013, 08:23 AM
thankfully I equipped common/courtesy++ ;)

Shame that's such a rare item nowadays.

Reiketsu
Mar 9, 2013, 08:29 AM

Yeah..
Stop doing that.

Actually, when I grab an enemy and throw it somewhere else, I do see how the attacks of other players don't connect with it, anymore, but still do damage as if I hadn't moved the enemy from where it had been before, at all.

DreamState83
Mar 9, 2013, 09:03 AM
Actually, when I grab an enemy and throw it somewhere else, I do see how the attacks of other players don't connect with it, anymore, but still do damage as if I hadn't moved the enemy from where it had been before, at all.

Sometimes I wonder if this is more a case of latency rather than mechanics...

Galax
Mar 9, 2013, 09:52 AM
For everyone that complains about your attacks missing, it wouldn't hurt to pull out a gunslash in pistol mode and relockon when they grab it...or just use an AOE attack around the player that grabbed the mob with any weapon. You still hit it.

Or you could even move on/change targets...That always works. I get how annoying it is when people do a load of grabbing and break your lockons. Some random hunter in an MPA once noped my weak bullet shot - when I was low level and only had one - by grabbing a mob right after I fired. My bullet went under the mob, and then I got bitched at for not weak bulleting properly...by the hunter with the lances. I chewed him out in return and told him he caused it to miss with his wired lances, and left.

So yeah I get how annoying they can be...but nothing forces you to fight what they are.

Z-0
Mar 9, 2013, 09:55 AM
When an enemy is grabbed, you cannot lockon to it either.

Zenobia
Mar 9, 2013, 10:14 AM
Gotta love Other Spin and how it vacuums in other mobs and stun locks the initial target i have to say that is my most OP'ed used pa I literally have that pa 3x's LOL.

DreamState83
Mar 9, 2013, 10:17 AM
A lot of WL PAs are very good. Holding Current, especially, is retardedly (not an actual word but hey) OP.

But man do you feel like a dunce when you whiff that one.

Gotta love Other Spin and how it vacuums in other mobs and stun locks the initial target i have to say that is my most OP'ed used pa I literally have that pa 3x's LOL.

That's what I used for the longest on trash packs, but now I'm addicted to grapple kick and heavenly fall for boss fights. Those two combined keep me airborne for so long that I'm racking up frequent flyer miles.

Someone I was in a party with asked me today - "So do you ever touch the ground or do you just live up there?"

Zenobia
Mar 9, 2013, 10:24 AM
But man do you feel like a dunce when you whiff that one.

That's what I used for the longest on trash packs, but now I'm addicted to grapple kick and heavenly fall for boss fights. Those two combined keep me airborne for so long that I'm racking up frequent flyer miles.

Someone I was in a party with today asked me "So, do you ever touch the ground?"

Ahh yes i know about that gimmick also as far as Other Spin goes some bosses can be pulled into the vaccum of that PA as well RB, Cater, Tranzie, etc but ofc not bosses like Ragne,Big Vardha(ofc not he doesn't move to begin with) all in all WL are indeed fun i never let em go even though i use all my weps to suit my needs.

Sara-hime
Mar 9, 2013, 10:39 AM
So that's what they're called! On the way to leveling to become a FIghter, were my favored weapons reside, the WLes are making the wait extremely bare able! I was worried about taking the hit from others too. Does this game suffer from latency like previous entries? I at least try to spin them (or stun them) in the direction my party members are so they can get a few licks in. I'll use what ever gets the job done, but WLes have quickly become a reliable tool!

~Aya~
Mar 9, 2013, 10:42 AM
I'll just cast zondeel and take my monster back. Kthx.

DreamState83
Mar 9, 2013, 10:50 AM

PSO tug of war olympics 2013.

Zenobia
Mar 9, 2013, 10:56 AM

*Bows* I cannot compete with such Finessely(yeah not a word i know) Executed Moves!

Yeahh....about dat~

~Aya~
Mar 9, 2013, 11:00 AM
*Bows* I cannot compete with such Finessely(yeah not a word i know) Executed Moves!

Yeahh....about dat~

I don't have teh super l337 hunter skills to pull off incredible feats for videos. I have to win at SOMETHING. ♥

Sayara
Mar 9, 2013, 11:08 AM
dude. Other Spin is the best PA ever.
Second is Cerberus Swing. or whatever that slash slash combo is called.

Dude im the best HU without WL gear anyway!

EvilMag
Mar 9, 2013, 11:08 AM
CD is like the cloest thing to a Twin Claw like PA so its my favorite WL PA.

Coatl
Mar 9, 2013, 11:20 AM
But it's terrible. :/

DreamState83
Mar 9, 2013, 11:27 AM
But it's terrible. :/

What's terrible?

Blackheart521
Mar 9, 2013, 11:30 AM
What's terrible?

I think Coatl was responding to EvilMag... and saying that Cerberus Dance is terrible.

Coatl
Mar 9, 2013, 11:42 AM
CD should at least be cancel-able. It's like Over End where you forgo your capability to defend yourself but for less reward.

EvilMag
Mar 9, 2013, 11:43 AM
You can cancel it now.

DreamState83
Mar 9, 2013, 11:44 AM
CD should at least be cancel-able. It's like Over End where you forgo your capability to defend yourself but for less reward.

At least it's not as bad as a whiffed holding current. You miss one of those and you'll never live it down. "You guys at the boss already? I'll get there as soon as this animation ends..."

Arrow
Mar 9, 2013, 11:45 AM
Ok so I have the uncanny ability of throwing enemies with otherspin into my npc meatshields attack pattern...

poor rappies didn't know what hit em...
...just a flurry of feathers...

gigawuts
Mar 9, 2013, 01:05 PM

You can guard cancel it, have been able to since the last major update with a long list of cool patchnotes.

And actually, you can guard cancel normal swings at all times too. This has made wired lances potentially better for hectic in-your-face boss fighting than even swords, depending on the PA's you use. Swords have a delay for even normal swings that WL's now just don't.

Holding Current for downed weak points or bosses in a long duration animation (if you can gauge the distance right this is amazing)
Heavenly Fall for quick hurting
Cerb Dance for midair fighting or uncertain need for guarding (Or an attack that doesn't consume gear - in fact it now builds gear)
Other Spin for AOE & pulling enemies together (VERY nice in ALL situations, the sole reason I wanted a lambda hyperion)
Grapple Charge for closing distances quickly, to JA into a heavenly fall (sucks for bosses that move a LOT, notably quartz dragon)
Bind Through is excellent for burst damage and AOE at a distance as a follow up to Other Spin

Honestly...every single WL PA is good at what it's meant for. I feel like wired lances are the single best balanced melee weapon in the game. Its one single weakness is having zero ability to grapple something above the player's max jump height. Air pocket swing is pretty meh and until it can be canceled I won't be a fan of it for many situations, but even that winds up being better at its role than half the other melee PA's.

Now if only they'd fix the bug with dying enemies canceling PA's for heavenly fall, bind through, etc... and enemies tossed with bind through landing interrupting the JA circle for the next attack...

schnee4
Mar 9, 2013, 01:26 PM
If there are enough mobs in an other spin youll refill your whole pp bar with one normal attack; meaning you can spin forever. OS>OS>Normal; the 3rd normal is the best.

That's why you FO ppl should just bugger off and go zonde stray mobs.

DreamState83
Mar 9, 2013, 02:14 PM
If there are enough mobs in an other spin youll refill your whole pp bar with one normal attack; meaning you can spin forever. OS>OS>Normal; the 3rd normal is the best.

That's why you FO ppl should just bugger off and go zonde stray mobs.

Please don't make me convert back to Other Spin. I know it's better than Grapple Kick for most situations, but I like living in my little bubble of ignorance. Besides, I get to kick people in this bubble of mine.

gigawuts
Mar 9, 2013, 02:24 PM
Nothing is more satisfying than killing enemies with a boot to the face.

Grapple charge, shoot polka, symphonic dive, additional bullet, aerial shooting, impact slider, reverse ta, and of course sword step attack for life.

~Aya~
Mar 9, 2013, 02:36 PM
Or you can you know- bugger off and zonde snipe things like the guy up there said. What if I rather use my ultra rare all class gunslash and make my own untouchable in under 24 hours video? Defeating all bosses within 24 hours might be pushing it... um.. 48 hours... hm... FO POWAH!!!!

DreamState83
Mar 9, 2013, 02:39 PM
Or you can you know- bugger off and zonde snipe things like the guy up there said. What if I rather use my ultra rare all class gunslash and make my own untouchable in under 24 hours video? Defeating all bosses within 24 hours might be pushing it... um.. 48 hours... hm... FO POWAH!!!!

Will there be intermissions during the boss fights?

~Aya~
Mar 9, 2013, 02:56 PM
Will there be intermissions during the boss fights?

None whatsoever... i just don't think doing 20-60 dmg a swing will allow that kind of free time.

OOOOHH OOOHHHH!!!!!!! I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!!!

DreamState83
Mar 9, 2013, 03:03 PM
None whatsoever... i just don't think doing 20-60 dmg a swing will allow that kind of free time.

OOOOHH OOOHHHH!!!!!!! I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!!!

You know I loves ya <3