PDA

View Full Version : Arks Imposters

max7238
Mar 9, 2013, 03:00 PM
I've fought a few now, I'm level 30 and they've been Lv.40, and I'm wondering what others' experiences have been with them.
I went Fighter/Force, intended on Fighter/Techer, and this has been my experience with them so far:

Using just about any melee weapon, even with my stance skills and other power-ups, I was only able to do about 8-16 damage to them with each hit, while they dealt in the hundreds. I was with a JPN player the first time I met them, on PSV blocks (+200) in Ship 2. He kept asking what they were, and all I could answer with was that I didn't know, but I wanted to kill them. After all, if you can kill it, you can spawn it. Finally, I resorted to some spells. By luck, I burned one of the imposters, and the fire started doing about 400 damage. I was shocked, but I remembered that poison is worse than burning, so I started using dark magic (Sa Megid, if I remember, the three-shot one). I poisoned it, and was able to kill it in less than three minutes that way.

In other words, for those of us who can't fight them on even ground yet, try to use poison if you can and if not, dodge and hit like crazy or call in Marlu or something and hope she burns them.

tl;dr, Arks Imposters are tough. Poison to kill if you can't seem to hurt them.
They've dropped Photon Spheres for me before, so it's certainly worth pulping them.

The Walrus
Mar 9, 2013, 03:04 PM
If only Sega would just make then scale properly

max7238
Mar 9, 2013, 03:08 PM

In the words of my first conflict:

JPN dude: "These things are too strong."
Me: "Still, I want to beat them."
"No. That's WHY I want to beat them."

Requiem Aeternam
Mar 9, 2013, 03:10 PM

This. I'm honestly sick of finding Clones because of their unfair stats. I don't even bother trying to kill them anymore. I just restart whatever quest I was doing and hope they don't show up again :nono: It's more annoying that they only show up for me when I'm playing with my newman who's highest level is 31.

blace
Mar 9, 2013, 03:13 PM
Try unlocking the next area and before you know it it changes from Code: Destruction to Change Over Code: Clone.

Rakurai
Mar 9, 2013, 04:16 PM
I used to poison them, but now it's faster for me to just apply a weak bullet then go to town with Elder Rebellion. They seldom last longer then 10 seconds that way.

The Walrus
Mar 9, 2013, 04:24 PM
If only they didn't die so fast once you get a decent weapon :/

Neith
Mar 9, 2013, 04:42 PM
The clones need balancing quite badly. The melee and gunner ones never do much damage at all, but the Forces are capable of killing instantly (for example, Zondeel or getting stunlocked by Ragrant). Easier when I play a FO myself, so I can give them a taste of their own medicine :lol:

dejixal
Mar 10, 2013, 08:24 PM
Each clone has a really high defensive stat according to their class, so you'll probably have a better time if you can switch to a different weapon (Melee vs. Rangers, Ranged vs. Melee, etc).

Syklo
Mar 10, 2013, 08:44 PM
The clones need balancing quite badly. The melee and gunner ones never do much damage at all, but the Forces are capable of killing instantly (for example, Zondeel or getting stunlocked by Ragrant). Easier when I play a FO myself, so I can give them a taste of their own medicine :lol:
You shuold be glad the AI renders them basically unable to not charge their techs.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 11, 2013, 06:10 AM
Poison, and run.

Zyrusticae
Mar 11, 2013, 06:26 AM
The funny thing is, this could be considered exemplary of a general balance issue between classes...

Though it's just as easily a problem of sub-par AI, particularly with hunters and fighters (they really need to use step more often).

wetro01
Mar 11, 2013, 06:46 AM
Lol they beat my ass badly

Kondibon
Mar 11, 2013, 06:48 AM
Someone else, though I don't remember who, said something I agree with. That you aren't even supposed to be fighting them at low levels, you should just be running. The best comparison I can come up with is to the reaper in Persona 3 and 4. You could run into the guy all the time but fighting him was suicide until you leveled up a lot.

Shinamori
Mar 11, 2013, 07:48 AM
Yes, but if you run froma EC, won't that affect your grade?

Rakurai
Mar 11, 2013, 07:55 AM
Grade is determined entirely by the number of enemies you've defeated and how many times you'd been KO'd, to my knowledge.

Laxedrane
Mar 11, 2013, 09:32 AM
Grade is determined entirely by the number of enemies you've defeated and how many times you'd been KO'd, to my knowledge.

KO'd and gone back to the campship.

Skipping an emergency code doesn't effect your rank negatively. Just means you won't get whatever points killing those enemies award.

darthvader
Mar 11, 2013, 10:07 AM
i got killed by my own clone at darkers den last area with satelite aim... it hitted me for almost 600 dmg

still wondering why the AI never use elder rebel although thats my first palete and goes with satelite aim which needs close range instead

Zenobia
Mar 11, 2013, 10:31 AM
KO'd and gone back to the campship.

Skipping an emergency code doesn't effect your rank negatively. Just means you won't get whatever points killing those enemies award.

Not just being KO'd and going back to ship but it also indeed does pertain to the amount of enemies you kill as well.

Agastya
Mar 11, 2013, 10:59 AM
You shuold be glad the AI renders them basically unable to not charge their techs.
every fo clone i've seen so far has charged their techs.

e: or did i misread this..? i think i did. i'll just leave that quote there so people can point and laugh at me.

-------------------
either way the clones are kind of a hassle depending on what you run into and what your class is but yeah theyre not that bad after you get used to having gunners spawn point blank on you

Caledonia
Mar 11, 2013, 11:01 AM
That's what Syklo said -you have to be careful with double negatives ^^

Eternal255
Mar 11, 2013, 01:07 PM
Would someone mind elaborating on these clones thing for me? (And the darkers den, someone mentioned on page 2)

I've been gone for a while and didnt get to see their release, and have yet to see either happen.

Is the clone thing just a random e-code? where is it most likely to happen, etc. I'm assuming it only clones people in the party/mpa at the time or something?

And what do u gotta do to get the darkers den to happen?

The Walrus
Mar 11, 2013, 02:00 PM
Code: Clone. It happens anywhere but seems to happen quite often in AQ's at least in my experience. It clones you the moment you get abducted iirc and we don't actually have a specific set of requirements to be eligible for getting abducted, but you gotta spam Time Attacks and get S ranks to get abducted.

Zenobia
Mar 11, 2013, 02:07 PM
Code: Clone. It happens anywhere but seems to happen quite often in AQ's at least in my experience. It clones you the moment you get abducted iirc and we don't actually have a specific set of requirements to be eligible for getting abducted, but you gotta spam Time Attacks and get S ranks to get abducted.

This only pertains to VH btw as you have to do VH diff TA's only to get Darker Den sense it is a high lvl place and only the ELITES can be chosen(Honestly i hate the word elite) sega said also that doing VH TA's is a BETTER way of increasing your chances.

I have yet to hear of ppl S ranking on normal and hard and getting Darker Den from TA's....

Also keep in mind if you start a TA and restart it over and over again trying to get Darker Den then you are only decreasing your chances this is probably why the LOT of you haven't gotten it yet.

Eternal255
Mar 11, 2013, 02:50 PM
If you clear them and re-run them, though, that still counts positively?

Also, can code clone occur if you've never been abducted & can u get abducted multiple times?

Sizustar
Mar 11, 2013, 03:01 PM
If you clear them and re-run them, though, that still counts positively?

Also, can code clone occur if you've never been abducted & can u get abducted multiple times?

Code clone can occur whenever, it's just like any other Code mission, such as Code rescue, etc.
You can get abducted more then once, it'll make a copy of your chara, not sure if it's when you are abducted or after you clear...

The Walrus
Mar 11, 2013, 03:03 PM
Code: Clone can happen whenever on VH. It's just not gonna be your clone if you were never abducted. And yes you can get abducted an unlimited amount of times. However there does seem to be a cooldown before it can happen again when you beat it.

Eternal255
Mar 11, 2013, 03:03 PM
sweet thanks for info!

sorry to thread jack xD