PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 "Japanese only" parties

Poubelle
Mar 10, 2013, 04:03 AM
who else likes to join Japanese Only passworded parties and pretend japanese the entire time, only to reveal that you're an american after the quest is completed?

it sounds weird, but it is sooo worth it to see their scrunched up, horrified little faces when they realize theyve been partying with gaijin scum.

when I told my last party I was american, they got really mad! discuss.

Angelo
Mar 10, 2013, 04:04 AM
What a rebel.

Kondibon
Mar 10, 2013, 04:09 AM
That sounds like a really rude and obnoxious way to spend your time, and honestly I don't think think you're doing us any favors by making japanese players angry.

blace
Mar 10, 2013, 04:13 AM
Some of them already hate us enough as is for invading their servers, why give them more reason, other than to be blacklisted by some of the more extreme players?

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 10, 2013, 04:32 AM
What a rebel.

NoiseHERO
Mar 10, 2013, 04:33 AM
I bet you won't do that in real life pussy try that again and I'll slap you in the face!

Alenoir
Mar 10, 2013, 04:36 AM
I see you're giving them more reasons to hate us.

Are you expecting a pat in the back?

Shadowth117
Mar 10, 2013, 04:36 AM
I'm not gonna lie, I can understand why you'd want to do that... It does seem unreasonable at times that they do that. Of course at the same time, our more vocal minority (Hi block 20!) has quite the reputation for being obnoxious and ignorant. A lot of the time they just don't want to deal with any of it or have to worry about someone who doesn't know their language doing something stupid because they can't communicate what to do properly.

I do find it sad that "JP Only" parties are even a practice though.

Edit:

I bet you won't do that in real life pussy try that again and I'll slap you in the face!

Was that really necessary? :/

.Jack
Mar 10, 2013, 04:46 AM
when I told my last party I was american, they got really mad! discuss.

Are you fluent in Japanese or did you use a translator?

Runia
Mar 10, 2013, 04:50 AM
Well you probably aren't showing them that the foreigners aint so bad, just the opposite. Their rampant xenophobia doesn't really justify your griefing! But hey whatever floats your boat I guess.
e: PS how are you seeing their 'scrunched up little faces' anyway

gigawuts
Mar 10, 2013, 04:51 AM
i tried this irl once but they caught on right away

Macman
Mar 10, 2013, 05:00 AM
Cool story, OP.

Jyasupa
Mar 10, 2013, 05:07 AM
Poubelle, #1 troll on both zam forums and pso-world.

Am not even sure if this is the same poubelle but whatever YOLO

Ce'Nedra
Mar 10, 2013, 05:10 AM
YOLO

This topic is now over.

Kion
Mar 10, 2013, 05:58 AM
I dont go out of my way to tell people I'm not Japanese, the opportunity doesn't come up too often. One time though, I was running Vahda in a Japanese party and my wife was getting on me to go get something at the store. So I said, "Akf a sec. wife" and ran to the store and back. When I got back it sparked a conversation and we started joking about our wives and what we do for a living. The guy I was playing with his wife actually played pso2 with him. I followed it up with, "Oh man I'm jealous. I work in IT but anytime i'm on the computer programming she thinks I'm just playing games." Turns out the guy I was talking to did all of the professional english to japanese translations for Gears of War, Halo and various xbox games like that for JP release. He follows up and says, "you know, you might think of learning english so you can make apps for a wider audience". My mouth urled into a smile, "No worries about that..."

Some of them already hate us enough as is for invading their servers, why give them more reason, other than to be blacklisted by some of the more extreme players?

The attitude of the JP community is that they really don't seem to mind foreign players on the server for the most part. What they do take issue with is people not knowing Japanese. If there's a comment on the party like "skip block one, start killing from B2", or "boss only speed runs". Or in certain cases things like the Falz battle where players will be saying "don't attack the lower arms" and it just doesn't get across. It's not xenophobic as much as it is frustrating and annoying for jp players. If you can communicate, understand and act accordingly I don't think anyone will really have a problem of where you're accessing from.

Gama
Mar 10, 2013, 06:01 AM
good idea terrible way to do it. you want them to realise tht en players are like them, not the oposite.

when im dealing with homophobic people. i try to show them tht where not so diferent.

i dont slap my "#$% on their faces in the end and say haha busted.

NoiseHERO
Mar 10, 2013, 06:44 AM
Was that really necessary? :/

Better question.

From my posts, am I really the person you want to ask "Was that really necessary?" :J

Runia
Mar 10, 2013, 07:02 AM
If there's a comment on the party like "skip block one, start killing from B2", or "boss only speed runs".

I don't think that's 100% a language barrier problem though as there are people who simply don't read/dont give a crap either way. Because really if you join a group and plainly see that nobody's killing in A1 and rushing towards A2 what is the thing a sensible person would do? Follow the group and not like.. stop and solo and think oh those wacky japanese or whatever. It's obvious to most people that when you're THEIR group it's your responsibility to adjust to their playstyle and that's not hard to do even if you can't read the description. So yea people who join and mess up somebody's party are simply obstinate or straight up griefing.

jooozek
Mar 10, 2013, 07:15 AM
itt coming outs

Shirai
Mar 10, 2013, 07:38 AM
Can't blame them for not liking us.

fay
Mar 10, 2013, 08:08 AM
Better question.

From my posts, am I really the person you want to ask "Was that really necessary?" :J

Looks like we have a keyboard warrior here.

Zenobia
Mar 10, 2013, 08:21 AM
Yeah can't blame em for not liking us at all not only that were on there servers and none of the blocks belong to us.

Also last time i checked and last time i remembered the last 2 asshole's that moved the npc's around(and i believe they were English hackers correct me if im wrong) pretty much fucked it up for the lot of us.

Yeah i know the RMT'ers were bad too but honest when I think back to the Pso days and PsoBB where shits just gotta outta control with the fucking duping and what not its pretty apparent that the Japanese will NEVER forget about that fuck up of ours.

All in all though i don't care much for hiding my name or disguising it to be Japanese and what not to fit in for the simply reason because I know how to conduct myself where the situation deems itself necessary.

TBH I have met some really cool Japanese players and they are pretty nice and very considerate and I have come to find out that not ALL of them hate us which is pretty much has me satisfied.

I joined a party once wasn't MPA but consisted of 4 ppl did a good couple of runs and I saw they were speaking Japanese and had English names i was mind fucked for a minute so i just kept quiet and played the game cause im not looking to be accepted or liked im just here to play the game the best way i can so that doesn't worry me.

As soon as everyone was about to leave one of ask me in English 'Yuri why don't you talk?" Im like wtf LOL? Turns out they are Japanese players from Japan and they know English damn good I told them my reason stating i didn't want to make the Japanese pissed off at us as they already are at us.

They were pretty happy to hear that but also they were pretty ad at the situation as well they also said that "Not all of us hate you so don't worry about" Those words put one hell of a big as smile on my face and they all went out of there way to add me and I too added them as well also i learned that English names in japan games are popular so yeah about that....

The things is this yes it's bad that they categorize us as a WHOLE for the past screw ups but not ALL of them thinks this way and we too shouldn't think like this either.

Im the type that likes to think about all possible solutions to a problem rather than being closed minded and simple at problems that can be solved in more than one way.

We should be grateful we have the opportunity to be playing PSO2 and that Sakai hasn't decided to throw down his fucking bann hammer on the US players and IP bann us.

Gotta give respect to get it...learn it.

Lostbob117
Mar 10, 2013, 08:24 AM
You shouldn't really do that, you could join act Japanese and leave without saying anything about you being a foreign/

Zenobia
Mar 10, 2013, 08:24 AM

No one fucks with Eastwood Eastwood fucks you<3

Shinamori
Mar 10, 2013, 08:33 AM
After being in block 20, I think most of them of them are kids. I had a random image of a penis in my symbol art as an import for some reason. Then several people had images "penial" like images as symbol art. Just spamming everywhere. I can see why they're not to fond of us.

Sizustar
Mar 10, 2013, 08:38 AM
Well, it's behavior like these that make the vocal minority of PSO2 have ammunitation to ask for a IP-Ban.
Here's a topic from 2ch, asking for foreigner to be removed from Ship 2, B-20~B-22, and includes list of Ark ID and User ID.
http://www.logsoku.com/r/ogame3/1342536634/

Although the majority of reply isn't that supportive.

BIG OLAF
Mar 10, 2013, 08:44 AM
Better question.

Oh man, I laughed out loud at this one (and the one before that). Rock is fuckin' awesome.

EDIT: Also, this guy doesn't actually do that. He's making another flamebait topic to rile everyone up, just like last time.

Sierhiet
Mar 10, 2013, 09:02 AM
Yeah i know the RMT'ers were bad too but honest when I think back to the Pso days and PsoBB where shits just gotta outta control with the fucking duping and what not its pretty apparent that the Japanese will NEVER forget about that fuck up of ours.

To be fair, that was not exclusive to us foreign players. Absolutely no saints on that side of the pond.

Sara-hime
Mar 10, 2013, 09:10 AM
My experiences have been positive. Then again, if your positive, you tend to attract positive results, no matter the language. Hate just begets more hate.

Hellahym
Mar 10, 2013, 09:48 AM
My experiences have been positive. Then again, if your positive, you tend to attract positive results, no matter the language. Hate just begets more hate.

^This.

I will not lie: I'm not very enthusiast when it comes to play with japanese players.
The main reason is I don't know what they say, and teamplay becomes hard.
But, Imo people are just people no matter where they came from, so I can't see a real reason for not to be cordial no matter if they are japanese, german, french, north americanans, etc.
I belong to a minority most of the time: since I play Phantasy Star games, only have met just one Argentine like me. So I'm always a guest somehow, because there's no argentine servers of anything. The least I can do is be respectful with those who allow me to have such fun experience.

I find the behavior of the TC negative for all non-japanese PS community.
And I don't think that japanese players got something in special against foreign players.
Imo, is a projection of our own prejudices.

redroses
Mar 10, 2013, 09:52 AM
I don't really see the point on having an issue with some japanese players creating JP only parties. If they want to party with people they can chat with or they can feel more related to, on the server actually made for them, why should it be a problem?

Especially, I can very well remember on PSU US/EU servers all the french and spanish only parties I always saw. And that was on international servers, so, it's not like we have any right to judge them.

Zenobia
Mar 10, 2013, 09:55 AM
To be fair, that was not exclusive to us foreign players. Absolutely no saints on that side of the pond.

We played a part in it and promoted it more than enough of a reason.

~Aya~
Mar 10, 2013, 09:57 AM
I just use JP kb and communicate to the best of my ability... (I can hold conversations just fine).

I've joined and played with many JP pt and MPA while being very talkative and doing my job as a FO. However, whenever i'm in an JP lobby and speaking to them and then i'm like.. "ok gotta go!" We all say bye and i naturally also say bye in english.. which leads to one or more of them saying.."Aya is a foreigner?" They still contact me and still play with me.

I have yet to run into JP player who has found out that i'm not 100% japanese and then avoided/kicked me out of their party.. or even acted differently towards me for that matter. Am I just lucky?

NoiseHERO
Mar 10, 2013, 09:59 AM

Are you a PKK?

Shinamori
Mar 10, 2013, 10:02 AM
I just use JP kb and communicate to the best of my ability... (I can hold conversations just fine).

I've joined and played with many JP pt and MPA while being very talkative and doing my job as a FO. However, whenever i'm in an JP lobby and speaking to them and then i'm like.. "ok gotta go!" We all say bye and i naturally also say bye in english.. which leads to one or more of them saying.."Aya is a foreigner?" They still contact me and still play with me.

I have yet to run into JP player who has found out that i'm not 100% japanese and then avoided/kicked me out of their party.. or even acted differently towards me for that matter. Am I just lucky?

Kindness follows kindness.

Zenobia
Mar 10, 2013, 10:02 AM

^ This.

I find it funny we are to busy trying to point out the Japanese way's of how they do and or handle things, BUT! Not pointing out our own faults it's one thing to play the victim,but its one thing to be honest about one's own wrong doing.

Simply put if you don't want to be in a party with Japanese simply make your own and join and another party and continue.

Something has to give in this equation.

Sierhiet
Mar 10, 2013, 10:07 AM
We played a part in it and promoted it more than enough of a reason.

I understand what your saying, but you seem to be implying that the issue started with, and was perpetuated predominantly with us foreigners which is not true especially concerning the original console renditions of PSO. If their general consensus of xenophobia is at all the product of them feeling that the hacking issue was "our fuck up", then they need to reassess themselves.

To be clear, I don't support playing on the JP servers at all, but given the circumstances, I don't think that any foreigners there should be snubbed because the natives somehow think the hacking issue is because of us. Anything but that.

Hrith
Mar 10, 2013, 10:08 AM
You know, since Garbage Bin has not posted since the first post...

Sara-hime
Mar 10, 2013, 10:31 AM
I think we knew OP wasn't coming back. It's a pure troll thread, but it's good to have a discussion on this. At least new people can see this and hopefully pool from these comments on how to conduct themselves.

Vintasticvin
Mar 10, 2013, 10:31 AM
Pretty much sums up how I felt reading OP's post.
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn57/Vinnieursa/worf_facepalm_zpsb5f53edb.jpg

Rien
Mar 10, 2013, 10:53 AM
The level of troll this really is depends entirely on your fluency in japanese during play session before the reveal.

It's not going to work if it's a pinoy speaking constant broken english to you then saying he's a pinoy at the end. I shouldn't be using pinoy's as an english version example, but considering how we can't avoid borderline racism on a topic like this, I'm saying it.

~Aya~
Mar 10, 2013, 10:59 AM
I just hope they make a multi-client for english/jp/other. NA release looks extremely unlikely... bringing everyone together is what they should be trying to do.

Zenobia
Mar 10, 2013, 11:59 AM
I understand what your saying, but you seem to be implying that the issue started with, and was perpetuated predominantly with us foreigners which is not true especially concerning the original console renditions of PSO. If their general consensus of xenophobia is at all the product of them feeling that the hacking issue was "our fuck up", then they need to reassess themselves.

To be clear, I don't support playing on the JP servers at all, but given the circumstances, I don't think that any foreigners there should be snubbed because the natives somehow think the hacking issue is because of us. Anything but that.

Sry if i made that sound one sided but no I wasn't just implying just US but when you have some of US just plainly doing it with no mercy then it becomes a problem there were many exploiting it while some didn't this goes for the RMT'ers but at least they were somewhat scarce about it.

As i said before a lot of them don't think bad of the lot of us which is good which is why im hoping we don't have a repeat like that at all.

Sorry for that mishap though i do understand where you're coming from though.

Punisher106
Mar 10, 2013, 11:59 AM
Funny thing, JP players tend to invite me to their parties. I really just turn my autowords off, and keep quiet as I run with them. Sometimes, they say that they know I'm an english player, and didn't mind helping out (This happened when I was going to unlock the tunnel for the first time) and another time, in a ruins MPA, a JP player invited me to their party, where it was just the two of us. I said, in japanese, "I have autowords disabled, because they are in english. Are you okay with me turning them on?" And they said yes, and basically spoke english to me for the rest of the time we were together, until he had to go to sleep. I just respect their boundaries, and I'm sure many of us here do that, too.

~Aya~
Mar 10, 2013, 12:25 PM
Funny thing, JP players tend to invite me to their parties. I really just turn my autowords off, and keep quiet as I run with them. Sometimes, they say that they know I'm an english player, and didn't mind helping out (This happened when I was going to unlock the tunnel for the first time) and another time, in a ruins MPA, a JP player invited me to their party, where it was just the two of us. I said, in japanese, "I have autowords disabled, because they are in english. Are you okay with me turning them on?" And they said yes, and basically spoke english to me for the rest of the time we were together, until he had to go to sleep. I just respect their boundaries, and I'm sure many of us here do that, too.

Respecting their boundries is probably the best thing we can do at this point.. I want to stay here. This is where I want to be.

Naji23
Mar 10, 2013, 01:09 PM
Im almost sure that i´ve read after hackings etc. that they announced that jp server and the rest of the world will not share the same servers.

gigawuts
Mar 10, 2013, 01:34 PM
I just hope they make a multi-client for english/jp/other. NA release looks extremely unlikely... bringing everyone together is what they should be trying to do.

Oh, I'm sure it's coming, they're just keeping a lid on it.

But I agree 100% about unified servers. It would really benefit the game as a whole, I think, and really add to the sheer scale of an MMO that can be played freely on PC and a 3G handheld.

It just fits with the times, and it's a shame they won't do it for this reason or that. If they really wanted to do something amazing, they could. If the issue is the scratch, they could take scratch out of the JP version and replace it with something more internationally-friendly (and I really doubt it's just the scratch, if that even creates an issue).

But, it's Sega. This is kind of expected. They have an amazing idea and manage to drop it, then step on it while trying to find it.

~Aya~
Mar 10, 2013, 01:53 PM
Oh, I'm sure it's coming, they're just keeping a lid on it.

But I agree 100% about unified servers. It would really benefit the game as a whole, I think, and really add to the sheer scale of an MMO that can be played freely on PC and a 3G handheld.

It just fits with the times, and it's a shame they won't do it for this reason or that. If they really wanted to do something amazing, they could. If the issue is the scratch, they could take scratch out of the JP version and replace it with something more internationally-friendly (and I really doubt it's just the scratch, if that even creates an issue).

But, it's Sega. This is kind of expected. They have an amazing idea and manage to drop it, then step on it while trying to find it.

Step on it while trying to find it.. i-i don't have that kind of problem...........

Zenobia
Mar 10, 2013, 02:43 PM
It would be pretty if they bought back unified servers think of the possibilities not only will it be like the Pso and PSO bb day when it was global , but another chance to make things right again.

Para
Mar 10, 2013, 02:50 PM
Well, it's behavior like these that make the vocal minority of PSO2 have ammunitation to ask for a IP-Ban.
Here's a topic from 2ch, asking for foreigner to be removed from Ship 2, B-20~B-22, and includes list of Ark ID and User ID.
http://www.logsoku.com/r/ogame3/1342536634/

Although the majority of reply isn't that supportive.

Im surprised you would use this. That thread has came up before and be noted: it dates back to July of last year. I don't think it is an accurate representation of the JP community's opinion today.

I would hope the JP community's opinion of the foreign players have improved since then. There has been less disruptive behaviour since the game's launch (blocks crashing, moved NPCs etc.) and the amount of visible bots have decreased within a few patches ago. The overall foreign community's knowledge of the game has improved (less people smacking DF's unbreakable arms etc.). I've also taken time to maintain a small list of JP phrases on a textfile just to properly greet JP players as etiquette is extremely important in Japan.

Hosaka
Mar 10, 2013, 05:49 PM
Im surprised you would use this. That thread has came up before and be noted: it dates back to July of last year. I don't think it is an accurate representation of the JP community's opinion today..

Anyone who thinks a 2ch thread is an accurate representation of the JP community's opinion might as well claim everything they read on 4chan is an accurate representation of the English-speaking world's opinion.

Kaziel
Mar 10, 2013, 06:25 PM
This thread was a success.

Good job OP.

Syklo
Mar 10, 2013, 06:30 PM
There are JP only parties?
Eh, what do i know? :-?

Klypto
Mar 10, 2013, 06:59 PM
Read funny this thread does. Much entertained am I.

Zipzo
Mar 10, 2013, 07:37 PM
TBH I sometimes make "JP only" parties and I speak english. The block 20 people are generally trashy, annoying, and obnoxious.

gigawuts
Mar 10, 2013, 07:42 PM
The block 20 people are generally trashy, annoying, and obnoxious.

You could say "water is wet" and it would be less true than the above statement.

I can completely understand JP players disliking foreigners.

Retehi
Mar 10, 2013, 08:04 PM
It's funner if you picture the whole thing with the OP wearing a top hat, and curly moustache going "FOOLS! DID YOU BELIEVE WHO I THINK I WAS? HAHAHAHA" and disappearing in a puff of smoke.

Syklo
Mar 10, 2013, 08:09 PM
It's funner if you picture the whole thing with the OP wearing a top hat, and curly moustache going "FOOLS! DID YOU BELIEVE WHO I THINK I WAS? HAHAHAHA" and disappearing in a puff of smoke.
And then the JP players just come and say:

ただいまー

laxmunch
Mar 10, 2013, 09:13 PM
The block 20 people are generally trashy, annoying, and obnoxious.

^ THIS

The way they spam on Lobby with non-sensical conversations, spamming in-game display avatars / symbol arts during cut-scene on Dark Falz Elder.

Who doesn't hate that? jps doesn't even bother going to b20 because its a block full of garbage.

Jyasupa
Mar 10, 2013, 09:29 PM
^ THIS

The way they spam on Lobby with non-sensical conversations, spamming in-game display avatars / symbol arts during cut-scene on Dark Falz Elder.

Who doesn't hate that? jps doesn't even bother going to b20 because its a block full of garbage.

People actually pay attention to that? LOL
You'd think after the 0248324 time it'd get boring.

Apparently not on b20 XDDDDDDDDDDDd
XD XD X D X DDDD XDXD

Mekhana
Mar 10, 2013, 09:30 PM
I don't like b20 either but sometimes I'm forced there to recruit someone for PT.

BIG OLAF
Mar 10, 2013, 09:34 PM
After doing that one forest AQ with the B20 random that only used Grenade Shell the whole time, and didn't even know how to PB chain, yeah, I'm done with PUGs in B20. I go there sometimes to find a TACO party, since I know some of them know what they're doing.

supersonix9
Mar 10, 2013, 09:40 PM
i love japanese people

Exxy
Mar 10, 2013, 09:48 PM
^ THIS

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k138/vaatirak/35990912.jpg

Jungo Torii
Mar 10, 2013, 09:49 PM
I love blanket assumptions and generalizations just like you guys.

Seems like I'll fit right in here.

http://puu.sh/2fFwk

Syklo
Mar 10, 2013, 09:53 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k138/vaatirak/35990912.jpg
Dia-b-20's.

Diabetes.

NoiseHERO
Mar 10, 2013, 09:54 PM
I love blanket assumptions and generalizations just like you guys.

Seems like I'll fit right in here.

http://puu.sh/2fFwk

Without saying "some of you guys" this could be seen as a generalization couldn't it?

/PKKK

Ezodagrom
Mar 10, 2013, 10:16 PM
spamming in-game display avatars / symbol arts during cut-scene on Dark Falz Elder
Not talking about b20 specifically (there's some that just don't want to learn how to do falz properly there), but, as long as a player fights properly during the fight, is it such a bad thing to do a cut-in during a cutscene? It's not like it's getting in the way of the action. o-o;

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 10, 2013, 10:19 PM
I got to 20 to chat, that's it
Unless someone has a room for me to party in, that's how it's gotta be D:

Zenobia
Mar 10, 2013, 10:55 PM
After doing that one forest AQ with the B20 random that only used Grenade Shell the whole time, and didn't even know how to PB chain, yeah, I'm done with PUGs in B20. I go there sometimes to find a TACO party, since I know some of them know what they're doing.

^This and honestly the only time i EVER go the b20 is so i can lol at the amount of troll that cooks up there i want to get a few laughs in before I catch some ZZZ.

Also out of those minority there are some sensible one's to be fair.

On the other hand nah I sometimes neglect doing DF or AQ on there UNLESS! it's with a group I know and I know we gonna do it right.

TaigaUC
Mar 11, 2013, 04:16 AM
I completely avoid block 20 like the plague. Hate it when the game dumps me there and I'm forced to see annoying crap before I manage to get onto the teleporter. Every. Time.

Maybe it's just me, but JP people tend to have much more interesting conversations. Some of the people who cloned NPCs often gather in lobbies and publicly role-play their respective NPC. Amusing stuff.

reptile7383
Mar 11, 2013, 07:44 AM
Does this mean you guys are going to start making "non-B20 only" parties now?

Ezodagrom
Mar 11, 2013, 07:52 AM
As someone who spends alot of time in the lobby in B20, the complaints about the stuff that goes on in the lobby are really exaggerated. Yes, sometimes there's some annoying spam or annoying drama, but alot of the time it isn't as bad as some people say.

The way some people here think about B20's lobby is kinda like how some people that rarely/never come here think about PSO-W. :|

When it comes to parties, I have nothing much to say.
For normal quests, I usually start my own parties locked to friends only, I don't do TACOs much, but when I do them it's usually with people that I know, lately I haven't done Dark Falz, but when I do I go to other blocks, and I haven't done any AQ yet.

Coldbrand
Mar 11, 2013, 11:04 AM
I find the amount of apologetics for essentially racist attitudes in this thread to be unsettling. Can you imagine if someone criticized blacks who protested during segregation by participating in white only services by saying "good job making them hate us more?" Seems pretty backwards to me.

reptile7383
Mar 11, 2013, 11:27 AM
I find the amount of apologetics for essentially racist attitudes in this thread to be unsettling. Can you imagine if someone criticized blacks who protested during segregation by participating in white only services by saying "good job making them hate us more?" Seems pretty backwards to me.

I completely agree. Many people seem to feel that its the Japanese's game and the we have no real right to play on THEIR server, which means we have to tiptoe around jp players. Its stupid.

That said Most Japanese players don't have a problem with us, so I don't understand why this topic is brought up so often.

Kondibon
Mar 11, 2013, 11:52 AM
I find the amount of apologetics for essentially racist attitudes in this thread to be unsettling. Can you imagine if someone criticized blacks who protested during segregation by participating in white only services by saying "good job making them hate us more?" Seems pretty backwards to me.This is a game though, not civil rights. Like someone said earlier it could just be that they don't want to deal with the language barrier. If that's racist than everyone who's using the english patch is racist too.

I KNOW how it feels to play on a server that's explicitly for people who speak your language but to have a large minority of players who speak a different one. So I can see where they're coming from in that they'd rather not deal with it.

Do I think the way they're going about it is oversimplified and extreme, yes, but when it comes down to it would you really want to play with the players who make those parties in the first place? Not all the japanese players are like that obviously, and as long as you aren't an asshole I'm sure there are plenty who don't mind you being there.

And again this isn't a civil rights issue. It's nothing like segregation. If anything it's like coming to a party you weren't invited to. The host has no obligation to satisfy your wants and needs.

Zenobia
Mar 11, 2013, 11:59 AM
This is a game though, not civil rights. Like someone said earlier it could just be that they don't want to deal with the language barrier. If that's racist than everyone who's using the english patch is racist too.

I KNOW how it feels to play on a server that's explicitly for people who speak your language but to have a large minority of players who speak a different one. So I can see where they're coming from in that they'd rather not deal with it.

Do I think the way they're going about it is oversimplified and extreme, yes, but when it comes down to it would you really want to play with the players who make those parties in the first place? Not all the japanese players are like that obviously, and as long as you aren't an asshole I'm sure there are plenty who don't mind you being there.

And again this isn't a civil rights issue. It's nothing like segregation. If anything it's like coming to a party you weren't invited to. The host has no obligation to satisfy your wants and needs.

^BAM HOOK LINE AND SINKER!! Pretty much how I would sum it up.

Honestly though when you join a Japanese OR English person's party you would want to act accordingly and show some common courtesy this goes for both sides not just one.

Your joining a person's party under the circumstances that you can get whatever quest you need done or your grinding(pick one) and if you gonna act in ass in there you forfeit all right to even be there you might as well be kicked.

reptile7383
Mar 11, 2013, 12:02 PM
This is a game though, not civil rights.

Civil Rights and gaming aren't mutually exclusive. You are right that its not on the same level as black segregation, but excluding a group of people based on nationality is still morally wrong. If it was just a communication problem then that would be one thing, but as you can see in this thread that's not the only thing people are "apologizing" for.

Nikoshae
Mar 11, 2013, 12:22 PM
I've joined a lot of JP groups. So long as you're just as courteous as you expect them to be, and are an asset in the party ... I don't see why it can't be pleasant for both folks. I'm sure a lot of JP players are impressed with good players from any other country that joins their servers, because quite frankly simply joining their servers means they have a passion for the game already. You've really got to love the series in the first place to play a game you probably have to spend some time deciphering in regards to menus and all lol

Also, I've spent time in JP groups that spoke English, so it's not like there's always a language barrier. Sometimes, yes, but some shows of appreciation are universal :)

Kondibon
Mar 11, 2013, 12:55 PM
Civil Rights and gaming aren't mutually exclusive. You are right that its not on the same level as black segregation, but excluding a group of people based on nationality is still morally wrong. If it was just a communication problem then that would be one thing, but as you can see in this thread that's not the only thing people are "apologizing" for.
What does nationality have to do with it? Like I said, it could just as easily be a language barrier. And I never said I like that they do that. I hate when people go out of their way to exclude others for things like that. However it doesn't change the fact that people going around being jerks would still give us as foreign players a bad rep so being passive aggressive isn't something that should be encouraged.

It's important to remember it's technically against the ToS for us to even PLAY, they could easily just start reporting non-japanese players left and right if they wanted. I dunno about you but I'd much rather the ones who don't want us here just make parties saying "JP only" than have them go around reporting every english speaking player they see. I'm pretty sure I said I don't like the way they handle it, but they aren't every japanese player so it's their problem.

If they don't want to deal with you then don't deal with them just find a different party with more accepting people. If you want to change their opinions and attitudes then by all means try, but don't try by acting like a spoiled brat it just makes all the rest of us look bad.

You can go on about how it's moral wrong, but is it so much better to attack them for it? That just makes it recursive. And honestly. I'm not seeing any of these "apologies" you were talking about.

EDIT: I can actually just sum it up as, "It's a two way street".

Sierhiet
Mar 11, 2013, 01:11 PM

I completely agree. Many people seem to feel that its the Japanese's game and the we have no real right to play on THEIR server, which means we have to tiptoe around jp players. Its stupid.

That said Most Japanese players don't have a problem with us, so I don't understand why this topic is brought up so often.

You two are reaching very far with this one... The United States were built on the backs of African American and Native American slaves, whom were left derelict, albeit free following acts such as the Emancipation Proclamation. Harsh history preceded segregation in a way that does not mirror this situation in the slightest. I'd appreciate it if you didn't compare the toils of my lineage, to something as petty in hindsight as an online service.

It is against the Terms of Service to play JP, not due to some moral prejudices, but because of laws governing our separate territories, business management, and so on. They are not segregating a specific group of people based on nationality, they are segregating everyone outside of Japanese territory. The Chinese ban stands as a testament to that. And to top that off, they aren't denying us service at all. They are preparing it as we speak, despite some preconceived notions towards how things will pan out.

reptile7383
Mar 11, 2013, 01:12 PM
What does nationality have to do with it? Like I said, it could just as easily be a language barrier. And I never said I like that they do that. I hate when people go out of their way to exclude others for things like that. However it doesn't change the fact that people going around being jerks would still give us as foreign players a bad rep so being passive aggressive isn't something that should be encouraged.

It's important to remember it's technically against the ToS for us to even PLAY, they could easily just start reporting non-japanese players left and right if they wanted. I dunno about you but I'd much rather the ones who don't want us here just make parties saying "JP only" than have them go around reporting every english speaking player they see. I'm pretty sure I said I don't like the way they handle it, but they aren't every japanese player so it's their problem.

If they don't want to deal with you then don't deal with them just find a different party with more accepting people. If you want to change their opinions and attitudes then by all means try, but don't try by acting like a spoiled brat it just makes all the rest of us look bad.

You can go on about how it's moral wrong, but is it so much better to attack them for it? That just makes it recursive. And honestly. I'm not seeing any of these "apologies" you were talking about.

EDIT: I can actually just sum it up as, "It's a two way street".

For your first comment please read where I said: "If it was just a communication problem then that would be one thing, but as you can see in this thread that's not the only thing people are "apologizing" for."

Secondly, TOS is not part of the moral issue and if Sega REALLY didn't want us playing then they'd be banning us. Its in their for legal reasons to protect them.

Finally, I never attacked any Japanese person nor haven't I acted rudely in game

To sum it up: Your whole comment is a gaint strawman arguement.

Sizustar
Mar 11, 2013, 01:13 PM

Read the TOS when you sign up for the game.

reptile7383
Mar 11, 2013, 01:19 PM
You two are reaching very far with this one... The United States were built on the backs of African American and Native American slaves, whom were left derelict, albeit free following acts such as the Emancipation Proclamation. Harsh history preceded segregation in a way that does not mirror this situation in the slightest. I'd appreciate it if you didn't compare the toils of my lineage, to something as petty in hindsight as an online service.

It is against the Terms of Service to play JP, not due to some moral prejudices, but because of laws governing our separate territories, business management, and so on. They are not segregating a specific group of people based on nationality, they are segregating everyone outside of Japanese territory. The Chinese ban stands as a testament to that. And to top that off, they aren't denying us service at all. They are preparing it as we speak, despite some preconceived notions towards how things will pan out.

And I'd appreciate it if you read where I already said they were different levels.

Also the topic isn't about Sega being racist, but some of the players.

reptile7383
Mar 11, 2013, 01:21 PM

Does a couple lines of text make it ok? Moral rights and legal rights don't always say that same thing.

Kondibon
Mar 11, 2013, 01:23 PM
For your first comment please read where I said: "If it was just a communication problem then that would be one thing, but as you can see in this thread that's not the only thing people are "apologizing" for."

Secondly, TOS is not part of the moral issue and if Sega REALLY didn't want us playing then they'd be banning us. Its in their for legal reasons to protect them.

Finally, I never attacked any Japanese person nor haven't I acted rudely in game

To sum it up: Your whole comment is a gaint strawman arguement.Well I asked what you meany by apologizing, because I don't see it. All I saw was people complaining about the people giving us a bad rep.

And I never said YOU did anything. I was talking about stuff like what the OP said he did. It was a general "you" not you, you.

Look, I'm not trying to defend them for being jerks about it or handling it poorly. I just think that complaining about the way they act but doing nothing about the way people on our end act is just throwing blame. There are people on both sides who are in the wrong.

Zenobia
Mar 11, 2013, 01:25 PM

Yes reptile pease do also im finding really funny that you quoted him on the same aspect that Sierhiet was talking about yet you didn't quote him this equation does not add up.

That segregation bullshit kinda urked me though when you start to get that personal then it becomes a problem and alot of ppl start to feel offended(my condolences to Sierhiet sry you had to see that.)

Now honestly this thread was SUPPOSED to be about how we all seen things from our exp not some racial word game lets stay on topic and not veer this off the yellow brick road shall we?

This isn't just about YOU!

Z-0
Mar 11, 2013, 01:25 PM
So what do you guys think of Brazilians on US / International Servers?

It's pretty much the same thing, that's all. (well, apart from the fact the ToS bans all foreign players here)

Kondibon
Mar 11, 2013, 01:27 PM
So what do you guys think of Brazilians on US / International Servers?

It's pretty much the same thing, that's all.

I'm perfectly fine with it.

Though someone making "English only" group in an international game is being a special kind of silly.

EDIT: Honestly you guys he's right about the ToS thing, it doesn't justify that kind of attitude. I don't mind being excluded in situations like this but they could at least be more polite about it. And on the other side, regardless of how people on ship 2 block 20 ACT (I haven't seen anything worse than an overactive chat and lots of symbol arts, but I've seen JP players doing that too on ship 8 ), the fact of the matter is Ship 20 has purpose now so having a bunch of people who aren't even supposed to be playing on this server clogging it up would make people who are legitimately supposed to be there justifiably mad.

Infact now that I think about it I'd rather have them spell it out that they don't want to play with foreign players than to suddenly leave an MPA when they find out one is playing with them. It's much more polite to go "I don't want to play with you" from the start than to wait until the last minute then just leave for seemingly no reason.

Zenobia
Mar 11, 2013, 01:29 PM
I'm perfectly fine with it.

Though someone making "English only" group in an international game is being a special kind of silly.

No hate here we all bleed the same blood last time I checked.

reptile7383
Mar 11, 2013, 01:38 PM
Well I asked what you meany by apologizing, because I don't see it. All I saw was people complaining about the people giving us a bad rep.

And I never said YOU did anything. I was talking about stuff like what the OP said he did. It was a general "you" not you, you.

Look, I'm not trying to defend them for being jerks about it or handling it poorly. I just think that complaining about the way they act but doing nothing about the way people on our end act is just throwing blame. There are people on both sides who are in the wrong.

Like I said: Strawman. OPs actions had nothing to do with the point being made. And even if we did "nothing about the way people on our end act",that still doesn't justify it. And like I said it's really not that big of a problem. I don't undertand why we talk about the Japanese's views about us so much. Again that's not the point I was talking about.

As for the "apologies", that came from not having a better word to describe what "apologists" do. If you want to see apologist, then you can see some right on this page defending the view that we have no right to be on "THIER" server.

gigawuts
Mar 11, 2013, 01:43 PM
How this shit works

Person A is Japanese
Persons B-Z are English
Person A sees Persons B-F acting fucking retarded
Person A can't understand the words but sees SA spam and a shitload of CAST SUPREMACY
Person A just avoids Persons B-Z because fuck it, nobody wants to deal with that

It's not racism, it's laziness - or rather, a lacking of additional effort being exerted.

When they start talking about stupid white people, even if the white people speak japanese and are totally nice and decent people, it's racism.

Not wanting to deal with a language barrier is not racism.

reptile7383
Mar 11, 2013, 01:45 PM
Yes reptile pease do also im finding really funny that you quoted him on the same aspect that Sierhiet was talking about yet you didn't quote him this equation does not add up.

You are mistaken. I never said his argument didn't add up, I said it was on a different level. Different levels of bad is still bad. I'm not going to go out and protest on the street for my right to play PSO2 but that doesn't make discrimination ok in this game. Its always wrong, that's the point.

Kondibon
Mar 11, 2013, 01:50 PM
Like I said: Strawman. OPs actions had nothing to do with the point being made. And even if we did "nothing about the way people on our end act",that still doesn't justify it. And like I said it's really not that big of a problem. I don't undertand why we talk about the Japanese's views about us so much. Again that's not the point I was talking about.

As for the "apologies", that came from not having a better word to describe what "apologists" do. If you want to see apologist, then you can see some right on this page defending the view that we have no right to be on "THIER" server.I'll take this pone step at a time then. Your point is that the "JP Only" parties are racist correct?

Sierhiet
Mar 11, 2013, 01:50 PM
If you want to see apologist, then you can see some right on this page defending the view that we have no right to be on "THIER" server.

You don't.

And I read the entire conversation, and the attitude you two seem to be perpetuating is that you have some type of moral right to play on overseas servers, which is exactly the type of asinine entitled logic that gives foreign players a bad rep to begin with. To answer your question, no. When you are playing JP you don't have to necessarily tip-toe through the natives, but God, Falz, or whomever you worship help you if aren't in the least bit modest or respectful in your mannerism. And yes, that includes speaking in outright English on a Japanese server. Communication is a major component of the game, and when pared with the other component of community, you have no other choice but to conform in that bare minimum way. If you cannot, then the experience becomes sour for your fellow player (whom for the most part, are fucking Japanese).

Some of the Japanese can be irrationally xenophobic and even racist at times, but it is their server in their territory, hosted by a business intent on making decisions distinct for that region or territory.

Those whom are saying 'B20 is making us look bad ect.' aren't being apologist. They are pointing out the obvious, and I'm not talking about the immaturity of the lobby rats.

Zenobia
Mar 11, 2013, 01:51 PM
How this shit works

Person A is Japanese
Persons B-Z are English
Person A can't understand the words but sees SA spam and a shitload of CAST SUPREMACY
Person A just avoids Persons B-Z because fuck it, nobody wants to deal with that

It's not racism, it's laziness - or rather, a lacking of additional effort being exerted.

When they start talking about stupid white people, even if the white people speak japanese and are totally nice and decent people, it's racism.

Giga to the rescue<3

@Reptile worded and noted i understand perfectly your view point and agree.

Also gonna piggy back off Giga as this is getting outta hand~

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i48.tinypic.com/35ks4yh.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kondibon
Mar 11, 2013, 01:57 PM
How this shit works

Person A is Japanese
Persons B-Z are English

Not wanting to deal with a language barrier is not racism.That still doesn't make ok though. I can see where he's coming from on that front... It's... it's actually his attitude that compels me to ramble at him. I get high of conflict.

supersonix9
How this shit works

Person A is Japanese
Persons B-Z are English

mmmmm this

reptile7383
I'll take this pone step at a time then. Your point is that the "JP Only" parties are racist correct?

*face-to-palm*. I'm really tired of repeating myself.

Galil AR
Mar 11, 2013, 01:58 PM
This thread is deliciously chaos. >w>;:

I guess it's time to bring up the similar "Legit only room" from PSPo2? >w>

gigawuts
Mar 11, 2013, 02:01 PM
That still doesn't make ok though. I can see where he's coming from on that front... It's... it's actually his attitude that compels me to ramble at him. I get high of conflict.

Doesn't make what, exactly, okay? I'm trying to get a hold of what it is you're talking about, and finding it lost in the noise here.

Is it the JP only rooms? Because again, laziness.
Is it the region-specific thing in the TOS? That'd be a common thing in games of all nationalities, and a general fallback rule, but in this particular instance it's there to try to make people play on the server designed with marketing towards their specific region/nation/etc. The only issue is the international server isn't actually out yet.

reptile7383
Mar 11, 2013, 02:04 PM
You don't.

And I read the entire conversation, and the attitude you two seem to be perpetuating is that you have some type of moral right to play on overseas servers, which is exactly the type of asinine entitled logic that gives foreign players a bad rep to begin with. To answer your question, no. When you are playing JP you don't have to necessarily tip-toe through the natives, but God, Falz, or whomever you worship help you if aren't in the least bit modest or respectful in your mannerism. And yes, that includes speaking in outright English on a Japanese server. Communication is a major component of the game, and when pared with the other component of community, you have no other choice but to conform in that bare minimum way. If you cannot, then the experience becomes sour for your fellow player (whom for the most part, are fucking Japanese).

Some of the Japanese can be irrationally xenophobic and even racist at times, but it is their server in their territory, hosted by a business intent on making decisions distinct for that region or territory.

Those whom are saying 'B20 is making us look bad ect.' aren't being apologist. They are pointing out the obvious, and I'm not talking about the immaturity of the lobby rats.

Why hello their apologist. Why yes I do have the right to play THEIR games as I've paid just as much money and many of them. I have support Sega just as much as them and if Sega actually had a problem with me playing the game, then I would have been banned. This "Entitled attitude" as you put it is not whats giving us a bad name so please don't give me that.

Kondibon
Mar 11, 2013, 02:04 PM
Doesn't make what, exactly, okay? I'm trying to get a hold of what it is you're talking about, and finding it lost in the noise here.

Is it the JP only rooms? Because again, laziness.
Is it the region-specific thing in the TOS? That'd be a common thing in games of all nationalities, and a general fallback rule.Actually I'm not sure. If it's just the room names then I think he's overgeneralizing which... honestly doesn't make him much better. If it's just the players who actually ARE xenophobic though then I agree with him. Maybe that's why I wasn't communicating well. I don't even know what we're talking about anymore. I just got caught in the moment.

In fact I should apologize for that. There's no nice way to put it. I thought about the communication thing several times but didn't say anything to keep the conflict ball rolling. I was being a troll.

So, Sorry.

gigawuts
Mar 11, 2013, 02:05 PM
Why hello their apologist. Why yes I do have the right to play THEIR games as I've paid just as much money and many of them. I have support Sega just as much as them and if Sega actually had a problem with me playing the game, then I would have been banned. This "Entitled attitude" as you put it is not whats giving us a bad name so please don't give me that.

^ Is this guy for real?

They say "This is for people in this specific place, if you're not there you'll get another server later."

You say "But I'm giving you lots of money!"

What part of "this specific place" are you misunderstanding?

It's their fucking game, they can do what they want.

edit:

Actually I'm not sure. If it's just the room names then I think he's overgeneralizing which... honestly doesn't make him much better. If it's just the players who actually ARE xenophobic though then I agree with him. Maybe that's why I wasn't communicating well. I don't even know what we're talking about anymore. I just got caught in the moment.

In fact I should apologize for that. There's no nice way to put it. I thought about the communication thing several times but didn't say anything to keep the conflict ball rolling. I was being a troll.

So, Sorry.

Don't sweat it, after seeing more of this guy's posts not even Gandhi could resist the urge to troll this guy.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 11, 2013, 02:07 PM
This is getting ridiculous - MODS!

Z-0
Mar 11, 2013, 02:08 PM
Whaaat

why do you like spoiling the fun enforcer

stop that

Zenobia
Mar 11, 2013, 02:09 PM
This is getting ridiculous - MODS!

Y GO AND CALL DEH COPS Q.Q

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i46.tinypic.com/w7egaq.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

The Walrus
Mar 11, 2013, 02:11 PM
It's this kind of shit that gets PSOW a bad name.

Can we just ban all the stupid people?

Z-0
Mar 11, 2013, 02:12 PM
would there even be enough people to make a community

Kondibon
Mar 11, 2013, 02:13 PM
Why hello their apologist. Why yes I do have the right to play THEIR games as I've paid just as much money and many of them. I have support Sega just as much as them and if Sega actually had a problem with me playing the game, then I would have been banned. This "Entitled attitude" as you put it is not whats giving us a bad name so please don't give me that.I don't think having payed money changes anything.

NoiseHERO

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm

BUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

The Walrus

ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT

Kondibon
It's this kind of shit that gets PSOW a bad name.

Can we just ban all the stupid people?
I'm actually all for this since I'm sure getting banned would get me to stop reading this stuff. ; w;

Sayara
Mar 11, 2013, 02:16 PM
Look. This is gonna end right here, it will be reviewed and folks are gonna hear from their moms. (or adopted parental guardian.)