PDA

View Full Version : How to combo with partizen or Ds

suzaku0zero0
Mar 10, 2013, 08:40 AM
Idk how to use these weapons, can someone show one how to use them well? Combos and with PAs? And maximize their gears to their potential?

Lostbob117
Mar 10, 2013, 09:16 AM
Partizan gear sucks, I think a combo with partzans that would be good is

Rising flag
Bendersnatch
Speed Rain

With double sabers I used

Tornado Dance
Rumbling moon
Illusion Rave

These are both dps weapons

Kondibon
Mar 10, 2013, 09:31 AM
Partizan gear sucks

I understand that it's not as essential to using them as sword gear but what makes you say that?

BlueCast Boy
Mar 10, 2013, 09:44 AM
depends on Partizan Gear if your facing tons of mobs then use one of it like using Assualt Buster thru the mobs or Speed Rain and Slide End, Well yeah you totally need some gear for Slide Ender on certain conditon.

As for Double Saber, as everyone know that deadly archer is the most powerful, but I can feel more comfortable with Acro Effect(or Tornado Dance and Suprise Dunk) on mobs.

Hrith
Mar 10, 2013, 10:18 AM
It's 'partisan', there is no other spelling for this word, ugh.

Suggesting Slide End or Assault Buster that are rare photon art discs may not be the best immediate advice. I know you can buy them in player shops, but not past Lv10, and they both gain a huge damage boost from being Lv11+

Slide End is a good PA, but it kind of goes against the very idea of 'comboing' since you have to charge it and all.

Speed Rain is the best partisan PA for all intents and purposes (SEGA, balance, etc), it's very powerful, has excellent range and radius.
Partisan Gear is FAR from useless, especially with this PA. I can agree Partisan Gear is not required, but definitely not useless or anything.

I like the Acro Effect -> Surprise Dunk combo on double sabers, useful on mobs of many kinds.

Soultrigger
Mar 10, 2013, 10:55 AM
I don't use DS for crowd control unless I'm playing FiTe or TeFi and have access to Zondeel. There are better options for that like Sonic Arrow/Over End/Addition Bullet/Wired Lance/etc.

Partizan Gear isn't THAT bad, if you have the typical lvl 20 JA Adv build, the other Gears only cost you 1SP (I find it hard to believe people would rather get something as redundant as SATK Up than a unique passive ability). Thing about Partizan Gear is that using guard to charge your gear means you don't recover PP, so instead you should let your attack animations play out when you have the chance. I don't think you should go out of your way to charge the gear though if you can be attacking enemies instead.

I'm not a heavy partizan user, but I'm sure people will just recommend you Assault Buster 11+, Slide End 11+, and Speed Rain.

Speaking of Speed Rain, you can't cancel Speed Rain into guard while on the floor, but you can cancel it with a Step or Jump. But since you can guard immediately as you jump, why does SEGA prevent guard cancel? Especially since you can guard cancel Speed Rain in midair? SEGA logic... :facepalm:

Lostbob117
Mar 10, 2013, 11:23 AM
I understand that it's not as essential to using them as sword gear but what makes you say that?

Alll it does is add range which you don't really need, you can get it if you want but it's not really that great.

Lostbob117
Mar 10, 2013, 11:27 AM

Suggesting Slide End or Assault Buster that are rare photon art discs may not be the best immediate advice. I know you can buy them in player shops, but not past Lv10, and they both gain a huge damage boost from being Lv11+

Slide End is a good PA, but it kind of goes against the very idea of 'comboing' since you have to charge it and all.

Speed Rain is the best partisan PA for all intents and purposes (SEGA, balance, etc), it's very powerful, has excellent range and radius.
Partisan Gear is FAR from useless, especially with this PA. I can agree Partisan Gear is not required, but definitely not useless or anything.

I like the Acro Effect -> Surprise Dunk combo on double sabers, useful on mobs of many kinds.

It can be both... http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/partisan Really.

HUmar Darkedge
Mar 10, 2013, 03:01 PM
Partizan gear sucks

For one who has grown accustomed to the Partisan(ergo Partisan Gear), I have to say: You are full of it. ^^;
No clue what "dps" means, don't really care. It's probably because you find no use for that extra hit fluctuation.
I'd give you my "thread of chain", but cant read Japanese.
I can, however tell you in simple words:
Rising => 2-hit, 3rd-Grab>Throw => Charging Swing
3rd gives movement while charging. Depending on where the enemies are grouped up. It's just timing; there is no "RUSH" to it. But this is my old tree. I sometimes go back to using it for when i need to be "bunny&lance"
As for Double Sabers, nn-nope, still no Japanese. But i'll end it here. Will say it's all about "placement".

gigawuts
Mar 10, 2013, 03:04 PM
Parchizan :wacko:

And range sucks lol this is why fists are da best in da gam and force and rangers is up

supersonix9
Mar 10, 2013, 03:05 PM
Get Assault Buster and Slide End level 11+. Assault Buster 11+ will 1-hit any non-defense based mob if you have a good enough weapon.

Posted a few days ago, but look at this if you haven't.

http://nicotter.net/watch/sm20057014

HUmar Darkedge
Mar 10, 2013, 03:06 PM
*sigh*...how sad

supersonix9
Mar 10, 2013, 03:08 PM
*sigh*...how sad

what, that you don't have good enough PAs for partisan?

HUmar Darkedge
Mar 10, 2013, 03:10 PM
No no no. Sad for (correection)wutz not you.

gigawuts
Mar 10, 2013, 03:13 PM
What? I'm just backing up ma homie lostbob.

supersonix9
Mar 10, 2013, 03:13 PM
No no no. Sad for (correection)wutz not you.

oh derp.

As for those who don't like partisan gear, you can charge it up with the spinning animation after you perform assault buster. It's a much more fluid way of charging the gear.

HUmar Darkedge
Mar 10, 2013, 03:15 PM
http://nicotter.net/watch/sm20057014

Is all of this damage coherent to the Fighter Ability (by name have forgotten[the Skill to the left])? This much is just ridiculous. As ridiculous as Gunner, pretty much. I mean, when it comes to mobility, I'm just a "fast-bipedial bunny" with wired lances. Simply dodge-jumping.

Zenobia
Mar 10, 2013, 03:18 PM
Parchizan :wacko:

And range sucks lol this is why fists are da best in da gam and force and rangers is up

Y YOU MAKE ME CHOKE ON MY FOOD WHILE I READ DIS HUH D:?

supersonix9
Mar 10, 2013, 03:19 PM
Is all of this damage coherent to the Fighter Ability (by name have forgotten[the Skill to the left])? This much is just ridiculous. As ridiculous as Gunner, pretty much.

I can do that much damage with a non-affixed 50 element Lambda Raizenook. My units aren't even affixed for S-ATK either. I use HU/FI. It appears that the guy in the video is using Fury Stance and Brave Stance. Considering that Fury Stance is getting a damage buff, you'll be able to do quite a bit more damage than what the guy in the video is doing.

HUmar Darkedge
Mar 10, 2013, 03:22 PM
So, your saying, the more SP spent on the skill ability itself, the more bonus?
I mean...stack?

supersonix9
Mar 10, 2013, 03:26 PM
So, your saying, the more SP spent on the skill ability itself, the more bonus?
I mean...stack?

Which skill ability? I'm not quite sure what you mean.

gigawuts
Mar 10, 2013, 03:30 PM
He's trying to equate hu/fi to gu/ra because hu/fi has fighter stances.

Which is just absurd, gu/ra has nothing on hu/fi's assault buster dps.

Resanoca
Mar 10, 2013, 03:35 PM
http://nicotter.net/watch/sm20057014Fuck this. Moving to Japan now.

HUmar Darkedge
Mar 10, 2013, 03:46 PM
Which skill ability? I'm not quite sure what you mean.

He's trying to equate hu/fi to gu/ra because hu/fi has fighter stances.

Which is just absurd, gu/ra has nothing on hu/fi's assault buster dps.

@super: I'm pretty sure you know, the first-beginning tree to [your] left of the screen of Fighter. ...OK in english: Active: Increase Dam output to enemies "Front" [('.')/|] aside from the "Back" [|\( )], see?

@wuts: As absurd as how much Gunner can do with mechs alone. Sorry, I'ts just monopoly. It's as absurd as a group of 'em "cleaning house" during scheduled runs. Could see 1000-2000 on bosses. Barely get to where i need to be.

yoshiblue
Mar 10, 2013, 03:48 PM

Rule of Cool, bro.

Syklo
Mar 10, 2013, 06:36 PM
Silly people, everyone knows trick rave and bandersnatch are teh best parti-PA's!
(For those who don't know, its gear can be charged 2 ways - One being via guarding, other being to let the partizan "reset" itself (2nd JA window after any normal attack))

I'd love acro effect more if it actually LIFTED.

Do you even lift?

HUmar Darkedge
Mar 10, 2013, 06:54 PM
If by LIFT, you mean "launch", i sorta do that as well, with partisan that is.

MetalDude
Mar 10, 2013, 08:04 PM
You can hit medium-sized targets with Tornado Dance in the air after Acro Effect and then while falling out of TD, you can JA Rumbling Moon if you position well.

Syklo
Mar 10, 2013, 08:08 PM
You can hit medium-sized targets with Tornado Dance in the air after Acro Effect and then while falling out of TD, you can JA Rumbling Moon if you position well.
Yeah I also follow it up with tornado.
But DA after that, if I ever use 3 PA's consecutively.

Still, it'd be nice if the last slash in AE was like scissor edge.

gigawuts
Mar 10, 2013, 08:10 PM
@super: I'm pretty sure you know, the first-beginning tree to [your] left of the screen of Fighter. ...OK in english: Active: Increase Dam output to enemies "Front" [('.')/|] aside from the "Back" [|\( )], see?

@wuts: As absurd as how much Gunner can do with mechs alone. Sorry, I'ts just monopoly. It's as absurd as a group of 'em "cleaning house" during scheduled runs. Could see 1000-2000 on bosses. Barely get to where i need to be.

Er, I feel obligated to tell you pretty much everything I've said here has been sarcasm or a joke (well, both).

I try to take bad advice a few steps further to nudge people into seeing why it's bad advice, because the stuff people figure out themselves often helps them more than just some blindly followed advice.

If you know why something is a bad idea, you're better informed than just "no don't do that it is bad."

Zenobia
Mar 10, 2013, 08:18 PM
Silly people, everyone knows trick rave and bandersnatch are teh best parti-PA's!
(For those who don't know, its gear can be charged 2 ways - One being via guarding, other being to let the partizan "reset" itself (2nd JA window after any normal attack))

I'd love acro effect more if it actually LIFTED.

Do you even lift?

You and your Oblivion Refs bleeehhh!!

Syklo
Mar 10, 2013, 08:42 PM
You and your Oblivion Refs bleeehhh!!
It's an oblivion ref?

-istotallyobliviousofoblivionreference-

Alisha
Mar 11, 2013, 04:48 PM
a combo i used to do is bandersnatch->rising flag->speed rain. i have serious issues with trick rave. even with parti gear it has horrible range and if used in the air it forces you to the ground and doesnt bring the enemy down with you...adsasfgdghfjhg. i find slide shaker is actually pretty strong well i have it at 15 and the last hit hits pretty hard. the strongest non chargable PA is actuualy bander snatch i believe. bandersnatch > trickrave=speed rain=slide shaker.

the problem with parti gear is that it would of been better in pso than pso 2. so it becomes just a range extender for speed rain.

HUmar Darkedge
Mar 11, 2013, 04:56 PM
Er, I feel obligated to tell you pretty much everything I've said here has been sarcasm or a joke (well, both).

I try to take bad advice a few steps further to nudge people into seeing why it's bad advice, because the stuff people figure out themselves often helps them more than just some blindly followed advice.

If you know why something is a bad idea, you're better informed than just "no don't do that it is bad."

Well, aware of your sarcasm, I'll just formally ignore your statement, take my Partisan, and walk away(Like a gentleman). I'm sure enough I have never "bested" my own ideals of PA build.

Lostbob117
Mar 11, 2013, 04:56 PM
a combo i used to do is bandersnatch->rising flag->speed rain. i have serious issues with trick rave. even with parti gear it has horrible range and if used in the air it forces you to the ground and doesnt bring the enemy down with you...adsasfgdghfjhg. i find slide shaker is actually pretty strong well i have it at 15 and the last hit hits pretty hard. the strongest non chargable PA is actuualy bander snatch i believe. bandersnatch > trickrave=speed rain=slide shaker.

the problem with parti gear is that it would of been better in pso than pso 2. so it becomes just a range extender for speed rain.

Slide Shaker is a pretty bad pa, it hits enemy's away from you. Which is pretty bad for melee unless you go ra/hu and use it to hit enemies away from you and then use a rifle or launcher to pick them off while they're away.

Alisha
Mar 11, 2013, 05:04 PM
that might be relevant if trash mobs actually survived slide shaker...also it gives super armor.