PDA

View Full Version : questions about unit bonus

shaken963
Mar 10, 2013, 08:28 PM

According to "Cirnopedia",Set Bonus will still take effect even if you mix units with different ranks as long as all 3 belongs to this set.

Does this mean three units with either 1*,2* or 3* in the same set can be mixed together to get the bonus?

or does it mean three units with either a,b,c in the same set can be mixed together to get the bonus

2. what are sub units for? I got so many and never used them.

Thanks in advance

UnLucky
Mar 10, 2013, 08:33 PM
Everything under "Ber Set" can be mixed and matched freely for the set bonus.

So you can have any of Berwyn a, Berwyn b, Berywn c, Bertiwea a, Bertiwea b, Bergost a, or Bergost b as your Rear unit, and then anything in the Arm/Leg columns in the Ber Set.

Switch anything out for something in the Ly Set, for example, and you'll lose your set bonus.

gigawuts
Mar 10, 2013, 08:40 PM
Yep, the way set bonuses work is you get a bonus for having a certain # of items equipped in the set.

What these items are doesn't matter, just as long as they're in the set. So any items in that list, if you equip 3 you get the bonus. It just so happens that you need to do one arm, one leg, and one rear. If you could do two arms you'd still get the bonus.

This sounds like a trivial detail, but it actually matters with the falz set. A falz weapon + 2 falz units gets you the 3 count set bonus, just like 3 units would.

Soultrigger
Mar 10, 2013, 08:51 PM
There are also sets composed of only 2 units.
Sets that have weapons double in bonus if you have all 4.
Sub units are simply DEX requirement units that can be equipped on any slot. They're rather flexible in how you can equip them and offer decent standalone bonuses, but these easily become overshadowed by set bonus so most people don't wear them.

The white and blue(Lambda) Fan set aren't part of the same set. Oddly, the higher-tier one has a weaker set bonus.

shaken963
Mar 10, 2013, 09:09 PM
Thanks a lot .

Now I don't understand what the "a,b,c" for? An old thread mentioned units a,b,c have different quality. I wonder what kind of quality, like unit "c" is much better than unit "b" and unit "b" is much better than unit "a"?

My 300 premium+200 basic storage are almost full. Can I just keep units "c" and sell units "a" and "b"? and also sell sub units?

UnLucky
Mar 10, 2013, 09:14 PM
The a/b/c stuff is generally really similar, but provide bigger bonuses and require more base stats to equip.