PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on beating Claris?

Limbo_lag
Mar 11, 2013, 04:27 AM
With regard to the MB11 mission, I'm sure some of you are aware that you can unlock a "secret" fight with Claris (that orange FO). I believe you get the chiffon set for beating her.

Therein lies the problem - how do you beat her? Shes a super-armored FO (cant be stunned/air juggled) and afaik, immune to status effects as well, plus theres a 4 minute time limit, and she chases you down!. (Should coin the term "Juggernaut FO" ._.)

Playing as a FO, her attacks still do something like 330 damage per cast, which is insane, given how little HP FOs have in general. I'm just about to attempt GURA kiting her with IF, but I suspect she'll still be faster than me given that running speeds are slightly slower when shooting.

Does anyone have any tips on how to handle her? do WL's work with knockdown?

Rien
Mar 11, 2013, 04:56 AM
Can't be stunned? Is there anything FOs have access to that stuns o.o

Limbo_lag
Mar 11, 2013, 05:03 AM
Oh, I mean flinched.

TaigaUC
Mar 11, 2013, 05:15 AM
Copy-pasted from the JP PSO Wiki and run through Google Translate because I'm too lazy to translate it myself right now:

[Game] Clarice Crais
Weakness is ice attribute.
The general technique constantly barrage fire, including the shifter. If the job proximity, to Gifoie a daunting effect upon the careful, especially long-lasting.
I do not get in the grip technique.
Wearing a red aura HP has decreased to some extent. Since then, I disable the blow and falter. (Or semi-permanent effect is unknown)
Mirage also avoided because of the force.
Anomaly is enabled frozen state.
Behavior patterns are made outside this range here is "running a little> Mirage Escape", here, if within range and "> Mirage escape charge from three techniques according to the distance."

Foye it long distance, in the medium range use Foye Guy Sa Foye, La Foye, at close range and I have been in close contact with each other.
Since the escape across the Mirage, a distance away if possible Here is devoted to flee.

Rigid enforcement of Sa converter is effective even during red aura if Crais when Clarice is running. Sabata battered tech jobs while moving in a circular shape to ensure a super long distance while locked. I beat intact.

Technique is difficult to hit straight for spread (width) angle also been shot in the super-Foye should keep a distance.
As soon we will attack without rushing to recover the PP in the small breaks were frozen.

If shooting positions, I want to trigger a chain pressed all the way at once weak and Barrett.
If the job proximity, become tough fight after the red aura.

In order to swing away almost technique I want to hit the enemy attacks certainly look at the gap by repeating the "step immediately jump> immediate steps>" next to the lock while. It is the distance that you set aside enough to avoid being shot in the formate-Foye, however.
I may be over-end would push the envelope, such as it is taking up to 10 half-line auto mate.
Take time, but I also continue to enable shooting in the gun slash while maintaining the distance the other party does not have to shoot technique.
One of the defenses, is in the 39% resistance to fire (24% +15%), and 54% want a cut flame flame resist adding Ⅲ (+5) for a further three sets of Furekyu system. For inexpensive and relatively high resistance to fire 28, is to be considered as a measure room and hit the top of the system, including also set c Furekyu bar as runner-up of the system.

Original text:

【クラリスクレイス戦】
弱点属性は氷。
シフタを含めた炎テクニック全般を絶え間なく連発する。特に近接職の場合、長時間持続するうえ 怯み効果のあ るギフォイエには要注意。
掴み技で掴めない。
HPがある程度減ると赤いオーラを纏う。以降、怯みや吹き飛ばしを無効化する。(半永久効果かは不 明)
フォースのため回避ミラージュも使用。
状態異常は凍結が有効。
行動パターンは、こちらが射程外なら『少し走る>ミラージュエスケープ』、こちらが射程内なら 『距離に応じ たチャージテクニック3発>ミラージュエスケープ』となっている。

遠距離だとフォイエ、中距離ではラ・フォイエ、近距離ではサ・フォイエ、密着しているとギ・フ ォイエを使用 。
ミラージュエスケープを挟むので、こちらが逃げに徹すれば距離を離すことは可能。

サ・バータの強制硬直はクラリスクレイスが走っている時なら赤オーラ中でも有効。テク職はロッ クしつつ超遠 距離を確保して円形状に移動しながらサバータ連打。無傷で倒せる。

超遠距離をとっておけばフォイエを撃たれても直線状テクニックは角度(幅)が広がるため当たり にくくなる。
凍結させたら小休憩でPPを回復させるなり焦らず攻めよう。

射撃職の場合、ウィークバレットやチェイントリガーで一気に押し切りたい。
近接職の場合、赤オーラ後は厳しい戦いになる。

ロックしながら横に『ステップ>即ジャンプ>即ステップ』を繰り返すことで敵のテクニックはほ ぼ空振りする ため、隙を見て確実に攻撃を当てて行きたい。ただしギ・フォイエを撃たれない程度の距離は確保 しておく事。
オートメイトハーフラインを10まで取っているならオーバーエンドなどでゴリ押ししてしまって も良い。
時間はかかるが、相手がテクニックを撃ってこない距離を維持しながらガンスラッシュで撃ち続け るのも有効。
防御対策の1つとして、フレキュ系の3セットで火炎耐性39%(24%+15%)に、更にフレ イムレジスト Ⅲ(+5)を付加し火炎54%カットで望むのもあり。フレキュ系の次点としてバー系上位のcもセ ット含める と火炎耐性28と比較的高く安価な為、被弾対策として検討する余地あり。

Summary:
As Force/Techer, maximum distance lock-on and use Sa Barta while strafing around her in a circle. It says Sa Barts is effective when Clarice is running or has the red aura.
Rangers/Gunners can use Weak Bullet + Chain Trigger to flatten her.
Hunter/Fighter strategy is much more complex (the entire last paragraph). Lazy to try reading it right now.

Videos:
Te/Fo @ http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20221378
Gu @
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTaHesvZYi4

Limbo_lag
Mar 11, 2013, 05:21 AM
._. So....high fire resist and keep away from her red aura?

TaigaUC
Mar 11, 2013, 05:27 AM
Edited my previous post with more info.

I haven't fought her myself (haven't been doing the Matterboard).

Limbo_lag
Mar 11, 2013, 05:33 AM
Whoa, hold up, so ER can knock her over? Alright, didn't know that, thanks for the video :3

Cyclon
Mar 11, 2013, 05:38 AM
Uh, okay, didn't read the huge post, will just say what I know... Note that I only beat her as a hunter, so yeah.
Until the red aura she's hardly a problem. She uses only fire techs, one at a time. If she tries to get near you, it's most probably gonna be Safoie or Gifoie. If she doesn't, well it's Rafoie or Foie, which hurt quite a lot, so you need to be reactive, but since you can flinch her(at worst just use uncharged Razan)it's relatively easy. Also, from time to time she uses Shifta.
Once she uses her aura, her most dangerous tools are Foie and Rafoie, because she'll use them three times in a row each time, which is extremely deadly. To survive these, what I did is move in a circle around her, fast enough so that her techs don't hit you. I'm unsure wether or not simply strafing with a lock-on is fast enough, and mirage escape probably isn't long enough to be of much help. Oh yeah, and she'll still use Safoie and Gifoie the same way as before, so just deal with it the same.

Also, and this also stands for Huey-which may be much harder for a force-, you can easily outrun her since to go after you she just spams mirage escape. So if you need some quick healing, just run from her, the area's huge, make use of that.

That's all I know really... also is there really a reward for beating her? I don't think I got any...

Edit:

Videos:
Gu @ ?PSO2? ???????? ????????? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTaHesvZYi4)
Good ol' gunner.

Husq
Mar 11, 2013, 05:54 AM
That's all I know really... also is there really a reward for beating her? I don't think I got any...

Think you can get one of the 3 chiffon(?) units from clearing that fight/code, however i'm not sure if it matters if you beat huey or clarice, and it is completely random, if you get rewarded with an unit or not ... I didn't get any of those units, having clearing that quest with all NPCs...

Limbo_lag
Mar 11, 2013, 06:00 AM
Yeah, was referring to the Chiffon set, seems to be a code reward to beating her. So sazan works, eh? This makes things much, much easier.

Cyclon
Mar 11, 2013, 06:05 AM
Yeah, was referring to the Chiffon set, seems to be a code reward to beating her. So sazan works, eh? This makes things much, much easier.
Razan or Nazan should work, before the red aura anyway. I can't say that for sure, but rising edge worked so I don't see why Razan and Nazan wouldn't.

Edit:
Think you can get one of the 3 chiffon(?) units from clearing that fight/code, however i'm not sure if it matters if you beat huey or clarice, and it is completely random, if you get rewarded with an unit or not ... I didn't get any of those units, having clearing that quest with all NPCs...
I see, thanks for the clarification.

Kion
Mar 11, 2013, 06:09 AM
Gu @ ?PSO2? ???????? ????????? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTaHesvZYi4)

So when I ask people to post videos in the patch thread so I can translate them no one does anything, but here. Oh yeah, definitely post vital new content in a different thread. Anymore videos of the battle festa?

TaigaUC
Mar 11, 2013, 06:55 AM
Sorry, I don't really read these forums so I wouldn't have seen your post over there. To be honest, I think the forums are kind of messy and it's difficult to search for useful information.

I just googled クラリスクレイス and those videos came up. Try googling アークス戦技大会! for more Arks Tourney videos.

Kion
Mar 11, 2013, 07:52 AM
Sorry, I don't really read these forums so I wouldn't have seen your post over there. To be honest, I think the forums are kind of messy and it's difficult to search for useful information.

I just googled クラリスクレイス and those videos came up. Try googling アークス戦技大会! for more Arks Tourney videos.

That.... actually worked. Thanks!

Jakosifer
Mar 11, 2013, 10:19 AM
Wait, I actually get to fight that ugly loli? Yessss.

Cyclon
Mar 11, 2013, 12:28 PM
Wait, I actually get to fight that ugly loli? Yessss.
Beware that it can get pretty awkward if she's the one that kicks your ass. Which is very possible if you're anything else than gunner and go in without a strategy.
GL:o

gigawuts
Mar 11, 2013, 01:34 PM
What, can she not be grabbed with WL? If she can, other spin x3 should win just fine.

Z-0
Mar 11, 2013, 01:38 PM
After a while, she becomes completely immune to any sort of knockdown / flinch / etc.

gigawuts
Mar 11, 2013, 01:39 PM
Oh. Cute.

Yeah just GU it up I guess, problem solved.

The Walrus
Mar 11, 2013, 02:01 PM
How much HP does she have anyway?

Shadowth117
Mar 11, 2013, 02:07 PM
How much HP does she have anyway?

I'd guess about twice as much as a decent clone? As a Fo, I found her abysmally easy and I've been told its fairly easy for Hu players to juggle her continuously. Its not really a hard fight unless you're not paying attention because you get time to heal between her moves.

Cyclon
Mar 11, 2013, 02:31 PM
I'd guess about twice as much as a decent clone? As a Fo, I found her abysmally easy and I've been told its fairly easy for Hu players to juggle her continuously. Its not really a hard fight unless you're not paying attention because you get time to heal between her moves.
Well, my experience says otherwise, but I guess I'll let everyone be the judge.

mommy_cornelia
Mar 11, 2013, 02:43 PM
What, can she not be grabbed with WL? If she can, other spin x3 should win just fine.

you cannot grab her at all :(

Resanoca
Mar 11, 2013, 02:43 PM
Not sure if was said, but she has a pattern. If you follow that, you can win even more easily than before. lol

Edit: Something else I found funny. If you knock her down, you can still deal damage. Unlike a clone. D:

EvilMag
Mar 11, 2013, 02:45 PM
JP people will complain that she's too hard.

Calling it now.

Resanoca
Mar 11, 2013, 02:46 PM
JP people will complain that she's too hard.

Calling it now.But she's not. ;;

Cyclon
Mar 11, 2013, 03:00 PM
you cannot grab her at all :(
Did... you manage to beat her anyway? With wired lances?

Shadowth117
Mar 11, 2013, 03:23 PM
Well, my experience says otherwise, but I guess I'll let everyone be the judge.

To be fair, my play has always been very much (power and speed > all) and so my judgement may be skewed. I use Elder units and such which isn't exactly the norm.

Hansha
Mar 11, 2013, 03:42 PM
Huey and Claris are both immune to wired lance throws even before their stances. The first time I fought them I tried Other Spin and it didnt work very well for me. Claris is prone to juggling but I couldnt get it started on Huey for some odd reason.
As a Hunter I resorted to using Rising Flag on a Partisan weapon in order to juggle Claris for free and kept at it. You can also use Slide Uppercut with Fists, Rising Edge with Sword, and I assume a ton of Dagger PAs too but I hadn't brought any with me. Once she got into stance I just start dashing away and spamming Sonic Arrows. With patience she will die without you getting hit. It's a very easy fight when you know what you are doing.

I've only fought Huey twice. By the second time, I had already decided to use an Automate build and just spam Overend on both of them with no consequence. I was successful before with runaway Sonic Arrows though.

~Aya~
Mar 11, 2013, 03:57 PM
We need tougher 1 on 1's... mind blowingly wanna throw your computer off the second floor tough. Need to feel some real achievement.

Railkune
Mar 11, 2013, 05:33 PM
If only Persona was hyper strong. I'd enjoy a fight with that guy. Unfortunately he's a bit too... eh.

plasism
Mar 12, 2013, 04:24 AM
How do you fight them? I reached the end of the mission and they didn't fight me. Do I have to complete all the orange circles in the MB11? Or do I need to collect all 1000 points to fight either of them?

Cyclon
Mar 12, 2013, 05:02 AM
How do you fight them? I reached the end of the mission and they didn't fight me. Do I have to complete all the orange circles in the MB11? Or do I need to collect all 1000 points to fight either of them?
1000 points.

Husq
Mar 12, 2013, 05:24 AM

You have to get 1000pts during quest and pick anyone but Aflin as your NPC partner, he gets a different ending sequence. If you pick Sara, you get Huey instead of Clarice. Not sure, but IIRC getting the yellow nodes adds more NPCs to the partner list for that quest.

Renvalt
Mar 12, 2013, 09:35 AM
You have to get 1000pts in during quest and pick anyone but Aflin, he get a different ending sequence. If you pick Sara you get Huey instead of Clarice. Not sure, but IIRC getting the yellow nodes enables you to get those NPC as partners for that quest.

Y'know, I really hope that my demonic urges don't tear down Sara for being a Shana clone before I end up tearing down Huey for being a Kisaragi clone.

And how I've longed to kick Miss "Pastillage Arks" Claris Claes Couverte's ass for QUITE a bit now.

Obnoxious attitude? Check.
Mahou Shoujo? Check.
Obvious channeling of Platinum the Trinity? Double, no, triple, no UMBLEEPLE CHECK!

Claris is going down, suckers.

(Btw, Arks, your leadership sucks. Out of everyone you picked, you had to pick Platinum, Jin, Shana, and Issei to be four of your six heads. Oh, and then you went ahead and made an Anti-Miku weapon a Miku wannabe. Looking at you, Quna. Out of everyone in your group, Regulus and Maria are the only ones who actually do their jobs without being an anime stereotype).

Yeah, Sega. I'm gonna say you totally lost it.