PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion before I buy.

helel8012
Mar 11, 2013, 04:05 PM
Hello,

I have been a very big fan of the phantasy star franchise since pso episode 1&2 and has been my favorite series since i have first played the game in 2004. I love the endless grinding with amazing character customization. But, right now I'm very torn about pso2... it looks amazing and i was beyond psyched when i found out about the game in 2012. I have read it will be releasing for the vita,I was pumped because i don't have a computer that can run it and I loved psp2 the most out of all of them. The portability, multiplayer, and extensive character creation. Psp broke, and got a vita for christmas looking forward to a few games, especially pso2. No news on its release to this day and it is making me upset. I read the Japanese game is not region locked and i really don't wanna go through the hassel of switching back and forth between psns. So I was considering paying 50-70 dollars to buy the physical copy, but it is expensive and in JAPANESE. I cannot read a lick of japanese. So I was wondering if it was worth it, and if the community will help guide me through the game? Is there a high possiblity of the u.s. release? Thanks for your time and im open to all suggestions :D

blace
Mar 11, 2013, 04:08 PM
There's a hefty number of people playing on the shared Vita/PC blocks so you're bound to find someone. But you'll have to register an account with Sega before that can happen though.

Link1275
Mar 11, 2013, 04:12 PM
The International version has been confirmed for PC, however not for Vita.

UnLucky
Mar 11, 2013, 04:42 PM
Well, the international PC version was announced before the JP Vita announcement...

Lostbob117
Mar 11, 2013, 04:55 PM
Sega of America has all year to make pso2 for na/eu you know, right?

UnLucky
Mar 11, 2013, 05:08 PM
Tentative release date of 2013!

Maybe by December, a year after the JP Vita announcement, they'll make a vague statement about NA/EU PSO2 on Vita!

ed:Oh wait, they announced that last March, so they're already a year late by now

エミーゼル
Mar 11, 2013, 06:12 PM
use common sense people.

"the problem is, it's all in japanese!"

"i cant read a lick of japanese, is it worth it?"

what do you think? of course it's not worth it.

and before people reply'DURHUR, i have the vita version i cant read japanese but its FUN' you probably already familiarized yourself with the menus, items, gameplay from the PC version.

OP why don't you invest in some cheap walmart PC that can play PSO2. the game doens't have high system reqs.

UnLucky
Mar 11, 2013, 07:03 PM
there wasn't an english patch day one

people were playing with 100% japanese menus

they didn't know any japanese

they played the game fine

and had fun

which you obviously have not

Mopop
Mar 11, 2013, 09:57 PM
Get the free version, then decide if its worth it. There are guides on bumped. You'll fumble around for a bit, but you'll get it.

Zenobia
Mar 11, 2013, 11:26 PM
use common sense people.

"the problem is, it's all in japanese!"

"i cant read a lick of japanese, is it worth it?"

what do you think? of course it's not worth it.

and before people reply'DURHUR, i have the vita version i cant read japanese but its FUN' you probably already familiarized yourself with the menus, items, gameplay from the PC version.

OP why don't you invest in some cheap walmart PC that can play PSO2. the game doens't have high system reqs.

HEY WE WITH OUR GOOD COMPS LIKE TO OVAHKILL THIS GAME OKAY AND SHOW OFF OUR PRETTY PIXIE FAIR GRAPHICS OKAY THX

Nah im just fucking with ya Emi baby~

YO OP consider this do you WANT to or do you NEED to is the question as long as you can seperate your needs form your wants you are fine ma friend.

helel8012
Mar 12, 2013, 12:05 AM
Well, I really want this game. Like Mopop said, ill try the free version and try to learn the ins and outs. I am familiar with the previous phantasy star games. So knowing the equipment shouldn't be an issue. More atk power/more accuracy/better defense/better evade/more stars the better. You go into lobby to trade, buy and sell equips then take on a mission in your level range. If that is essentially what it is, I should be fine. Glad to hear there is a pretty hefty amount of english players. Thanks for the input all.

**TRANSLATION** Durrhurr
Ha :)

blace
Mar 12, 2013, 12:17 AM
It's a bit different this time around, no more accuracy based equipment, just your own ability to aim, trading is reserved for premium users and that's about it.

It doesn't detract from the experience or at least it shouldn't, but you'll be fine with the basics.