PDA

View Full Version : Block 20 of Ship 2 constantly full. Solutions?

Xaelon
Mar 11, 2013, 07:08 PM
Block 20 on ship 2 (maybe on other ships too) seems to be over 3/4ths full during most times of the day. I can understand it being full during EQs, but otherwise it doesn't make much sense. I would ask for people to not AFK in Block 20, but that will never happen.

So I would like to ask if there's an alternate block for those of us who are looking for english players but can't get into B20. If not, it might be a good idea to decide which other block we want to 'set' as the alternate block for finding English players.

On that note, is there a (Vita/PC) block being used for those of us PC players who want to get in on the chrome dragon encounter?

エミーゼル
Mar 11, 2013, 07:13 PM
I would say find an english team and then you can arrange meetings with your team members wherever you want. and honestly anyone english players you would want to play with won't be playing on b20.

~Aya~
Mar 11, 2013, 07:19 PM
I would say find an english team and then you can arrange meetings with your team members wherever you want. and honestly anyone english players you would want to play with won't be playing on b20.

Lmaaaaoooooo..... you never fail to impress. (I see you in B20 almost everytime I move into there.) ;-)

Zipzo
Mar 11, 2013, 07:40 PM
In all honesty I highly recommend going premium. If you like the game and are playing it long term it really is worth it to be able to sell items, have a room, and pretty much never have to deal with full blocks. It really takes a certain ever present stresser out of the game (that of not being able to get in to certain blocks when you need to).

The rare occasions when I encounter a block I cannot enter is usually blocks 9-11 or so during popular EQs and even then it's rare.

Block 20 in particular is *never* full to premiums, but I don't know why you are so excited to get in to there. I go there to chat and that's probably the extent of it, but playing there isn't recommended. Did you play PSO? Think Vega.

Xaelon
Mar 11, 2013, 07:53 PM
The main reason is that it's desirable to have a large group of players to be able to complete certain EQs easier such as Falz or the current Event EQ for white day. I was contemplating getting premium, but getting that set up as an EN player is a bit of a trick.

When I first started playing PSO2 about two weeks ago I asked what block I should go to, to find other EN players, I was told B20. Is there another block that's better to find other EN players, who want to do runs, rather than chat?

Zenobia
Mar 11, 2013, 07:55 PM
In all honesty I highly recommend going premium. If you like the game and are playing it long term it really is worth it to be able to sell items, have a room, and pretty much never have to deal with full blocks. It really takes a certain ever present stresser out of the game (that of not being able to get in to certain blocks when you need to).

The rare occasions when I encounter a block I cannot enter is usually blocks 9-11 or so during popular EQs and even then it's rare.

Block 20 in particular is *never* full to premiums, but I don't know why you are so excited to get in to there. I go there to chat and that's probably the extent of it, but playing there isn't recommended. Did you play PSO? Think Vega.

Lets us also say that premium isn't for everyone and those who have the money can.

On a side note we don't know his finances and what not(not saying i want to keep in mind)yes b20 is the English block and yes it is always full to the brim damn near every time, well all the time now might as well say.

If you fresh into the game you can do most of them solo unless you're having trouble with Vol like some of the new starters then try to opt to b20 for the help.

You're lucky if you fresh sense they buffed Koffies CO's giving you a hella boost in the process.

~Aya~
Mar 11, 2013, 08:00 PM
Lets us also say that premium isn't for everyone and those who have the money can.

On a side note we don't know his finances and what not(not saying i want to keep in mind)yes b20 is the English block and yes it is always full to the brim damn near every time, well all the time now might as well say.

If you fresh into the game you can do most of them solo unless you're having trouble with Vol like some of the new starters then try to opt to b20 for the help.

You're lucky if you fresh sense they buffed Koffies CO's giving you a hella boost in the process.

Yuurriii ♥♥♥♥

DreamState83
Mar 11, 2013, 08:20 PM
I'm fairly fresh to the scene only being a week or two into it as well. What I did was spent about 5 minutes trying to get into block 20 every day and running things, friend requesting people who would join my solo games. I want to say I've solo run up through desert without much issue as a Hunter while I was building my friends list.

Although I have to say that if I start talking in Block 20, my productivity goes down to zero for the rest of that night.

~Aya~
Mar 11, 2013, 08:36 PM
I'm fairly fresh to the scene only being a week or two into it as well. What I did was spent about 5 minutes trying to get into block 20 every day and running things, friend requesting people who would join my solo games. I want to say I've solo run up through desert without much issue as a Hunter while I was building my friends list.

Although I have to say that if I start talking in Block 20, my productivity goes down to zero for the rest of that night.

B20 isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. They just have to loosen up and laugh a little.. enjoy it. It can be quite entertaining most of the time..

People generally tend to come into b20 and catch the worst of certain people acting up and being all annoying and such. Most of the people that hang out in there are unique and awesome in their own way. I love them.

Zyrusticae
Mar 11, 2013, 08:58 PM
In all honesty, the difficulty level blocks are the most useful blocks to go to if you're looking to actually get things done. They're often packed with players and there's usually at least one that you can actually get into, though at any difficulty level you'll have tons of players spread out across all the different missions.

ShinMaruku
Mar 11, 2013, 09:09 PM
B20 isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. They just have to loosen up and laugh a little.. enjoy it. It can be quite entertaining most of the time..

People generally tend to come into b20 and catch the worst of certain people acting up and being all annoying and such. Most of the people that hang out in there are unique and awesome in their own way. I love them.
Block 20 can be funny.

エミーゼル
Mar 11, 2013, 09:17 PM
B20 isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be.

actually it is. it's a bunch of people spamming old 4chan memes, penis symbol arts, and furry erotic roleplay. it's not as bad as people make it out to be, it's worse.

not to mention a gathering place for hackers.

supersonix9
Mar 11, 2013, 09:37 PM
b20 was p bad yesterday.

~Aya~
Mar 11, 2013, 09:44 PM
Gathering place for hackers? You say that cause the one responsible for these hacks hangs out there from time to time. It's old news.

If you can't handle certain symbol arts then avert your eyes, attempt to ignore, think nothing of it or just hang out somewhere ekse for awhile . It's not exactly corrupting anyone.

UnLucky
Mar 11, 2013, 09:46 PM
And that's exactly why I don't go to B20

Also they are terrible at VH missions, don't join any public games on B20

Also pay Emizel no mind

Mopop
Mar 11, 2013, 09:52 PM
ITT: PSO2 hipsters too kewl for B20

supersonix9
Mar 11, 2013, 09:54 PM
i know i am won sine

MetalDude
Mar 11, 2013, 09:58 PM
B20 is pretty... whatever. It is, however, not even remotely surprising that the Falz runs I've experienced on there are absolutely horrendous. Unless players are there specifically to help out others, it's a terrible place to get anything done efficiently. Stick with JP players or a well-organized team for EQs.

DS23
Mar 11, 2013, 10:06 PM
B20 is like the Mos Eisley Cantina of Ship 2 - a hive of scum and villainy. That can be fun once in a while, y'know?

Enforcer MKV
Mar 11, 2013, 10:11 PM
Block 20 on ship 2 (maybe on other ships too) seems to be over 3/4ths full during most times of the day. I can understand it being full during EQs, but otherwise it doesn't make much sense. I would ask for people to not AFK in Block 20, but that will never happen.

So I would like to ask if there's an alternate block for those of us who are looking for english players but can't get into B20. If not, it might be a good idea to decide which other block we want to 'set' as the alternate block for finding English players.

On that note, is there a (Vita/PC) block being used for those of us PC players who want to get in on the chrome dragon encounter?

I'd just suggest finding a nice English team. No Heroes, Celestial, There's a topic with a list of teams SOMEWHERE. Arkestra is good if you're looking for a team that has a lot of different nationalities...

That's just what I remember off the top of my head; there are others.

Can't really comment on the B20 situation seeing as I haven't been there in ages.

Some swear by it, others just swear at it. :lol:

laxmunch
Mar 11, 2013, 10:29 PM
Its more on social group, though expect people with poor performance when it comes to falz and AQ's (unless you know someone who is good at these)

EDIT: you better off grinding at Vita/PC blocks over that cancer block, PSE burst time on Vita/PC block is higher than PC blocks.

WCW524
Mar 11, 2013, 10:37 PM
actually it is. it's a bunch of people spamming old 4chan memes, penis symbol arts, and furry erotic roleplay. it's not as bad as people make it out to be, it's worse.

not to mention a gathering place for hackers.
*Bitches and constantly bags on not only Block 20, but on Phantasy Star Online 2 itself* *Does nothing but either lobbyfag, or run missions on Block 20 on Phantasy Star Online 2.*
P.S.
EMIZEL, IS THAT YOU YOU SEXY DEVIL?! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! <3

Esofor
Mar 11, 2013, 10:40 PM
I'd just suggest finding a nice English team. No Heroes, Celestial, There's a topic with a list of teams SOMEWHERE. Arkestra is good if you're looking for a team that has a lot of different nationalities...

That's just what I remember off the top of my head; there are others.

Can't really comment on the B20 situation seeing as I haven't been there in ages.

Some swear by it, others just swear at it. :lol:

this or premium

or find people to party with on psoworld

i pretty much got by without b20, but that's because i found some good players to team up with

Zenobia
Mar 11, 2013, 11:20 PM
LMFAO B20 sure has built a nice pile script against it's self lol.

Am I the only one who likes going there to have a good laugh and chill with my team peeps or cooly freinds?

Other than that yall just mad cause B20 so swag and get all the attention mhmm B20 swaggin all ovah dem other blocks and yall can't take it<3!

we all know B20 is where is at when you want to get yo groove on~(This is clrly sarcasm)

Also AYAAAAAA<3333333

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i46.tinypic.com/ra2k1s.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

UnLucky
Mar 11, 2013, 11:31 PM
I wouldn't mind running missions on B20 if anyone there could play the game on a base level.

Having the chat filled with nonsense is a refreshing break from the usual System spam, but if I wanted to forgo any sense of progress in order to chat with a bunch of morons I'd quit the game and log onto PSO-W instead.:disapprove:

ShinMaruku
Mar 11, 2013, 11:41 PM
And that's exactly why I don't go to B20

Also they are terrible at VH missions, don't join any public games on B20

Also pay Emizel no mind
I get all my V-hard from Block 20 just not falz. I say don't play public for ANYTHING if you wish to avoid bad players. Yes block 20 is too MMO like in it's denizens but when you want to good laugh or find people for a good row it's no different than other lobbies.

ReaperTheAbsol
Mar 12, 2013, 12:10 AM
B20 helped me make friends, but I can't enjoy EQs with randoms usually.
I prefer playing with JP a majority of the time because they know what they're doing.
Whenever I'm not playing with JP I am usually alone or with competent team members.

I don't hate B20, but I tend to avoid B20 unless necessary.
B20 usually makes me laugh because something's always going down.
Just sit back and enjoy the show in the mean time.

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 12:11 AM
B20 helped me make friends, but I can't enjoy EQs with randoms usually.
I prefer playing with JP a majority of the time because they know what they're doing.
Whenever I'm not playing with JP I am usually alone or with competent team members.

I don't hate B20, but I tend to avoid B20 unless necessary.
B20 usually makes me laugh because something's always going down.
Just sit back and enjoy the show in the mean time.

Your really are a HAWK always in the shadows revealing yourself when you want to.

Hawk you so Cray~

ReaperTheAbsol
Mar 12, 2013, 12:15 AM
Your really are a HAWK always in the shadows revealing yourself when you want to.

Hawk you so Cray~

I have my own perch for a reason, y'know?

These eyes see errythang.

blace
Mar 12, 2013, 12:21 AM
Anyway, it's best to take it in stride. You'll find people on other blocks, like blocks 3 and 4 for normal mode.

What Emizel says about block 20 is partly true, but that spam isn't as bad as he claims or least declined in comparison to how it was around launch.

Block 218 also has a fair amount of english speaking players, despite it being a shared block with Vita players. It's not as packed nor as crazy as 20, but it does have its moments.

Mopop
Mar 12, 2013, 12:49 AM
B218 is english? I exclusively play B218 and there are few english speakers. Every once in a while I can get a good symbol art spam fest going on :D

blace
Mar 12, 2013, 12:52 AM
There was a bit of spam earlier, but it's more of a gathering spot for players on PC and Vita. Not a whole lot of english speaking PC players around now after the whole Chrome Dragon, but it's where a sizeable number of Vita players hang out.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 12, 2013, 08:26 AM
Actually - Xaelon, I'm a member of Celestial. If you're interested, I could ask if we're currently taking new members when I see some of my friends next.

Alternatively, I know a few of the people in Arkestra (A manager, someone who they wanted for manager but didn't want it, etc.) So if you're interested in a little more cultural diversity, I could see if they're recruiting...

ALSO, if you're looking for a bunch of crazy folk, you could always go to Regular team, I know a few peeps there...

Additionally. (lol) I know one or two people who are from No Heroes, IIRC. I could see what they're about, if you want. :lol:

Take your pick and PM me later, okay? I'll talk about each one a little more, don't want to turn this into a player match up thread. :p

Z-0
Mar 12, 2013, 08:30 AM
B20 is just a chat block really, I really don't recommend it for actually playing the game.

Coatl
Mar 12, 2013, 08:52 AM
I haven't been in block 20 in months. I suggest getting with an english team and never pugging, especially in block 20 where pugs are less than optimal. >_>

Bellion
Mar 12, 2013, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I really don't recommend going to B-20 for something like an emergency quest in a Very Hard mode difficulty. Sometimes I see more symbol arts or cut-ins rather than actual attacking going on and it gets very annoying.

Coatl
Mar 12, 2013, 09:07 AM
I've been in multiparties in the VH blocks with at least 50% of the players being english-speakers. It's not like block 20 is the only place in PSO2 where english-speaking players reside, so don't be shy to explore different lobbies. The most important missions to run in PSO2 (TAs, AQs) should be with your friends I think. ^^ So make some friends!

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 09:11 AM
Told ya bro dey hating once you start saying b20 getting its act together ppl start bashing em down the gutter hole deh can't handle eeettt.

Nah true story though B20 does do mission though.

I thinking now im just looking at this as a "I don't wanna go to B20 because if i go der now and i was talking mad shit about it it will ruin my rep" funny stuffs here treating good lol B20 like the plague when it's prob you guys who have the cold to begin wiv come on let B20 cure you<3

(Do not take me srsly would be foolish if you did)

On a side note yeah guy don't look at b20 as your only hope pretty sure if ya poke around you will def find someone t pt with and get yourself rollin trust me.

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 09:14 AM
Told ya bro dey hating once you start saying b20 getting its act together ppl start bashing em down the gutter hole deh can't handle eeettt.

Nah true story though B20 does do mission though.

I thinking now im just looking at this as a "I don't wanna go to B20 because if i go der now and i was talking mad shit about it it will ruin my rep" funny stuffs here treating good lol B20 like the plague when it's prob you guys who have the cold to begin wiv come on let B20 cure you<3

(Do not take me srsly would be foolish if you did)

Yuri answer my whisper.. apparently we think alike and both checked the forum at the same time.. even the same thread lmao.

Mopop
Mar 12, 2013, 09:17 AM
What is this about being bad at the game? Being bad at Dark Falz? How can you be bad at this game? The game seems to be pretty easy, but I just started VH mode.

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 09:21 AM
What is this about being bad at the game? Being bad at Dark Falz? How can you be bad at this game? The game seems to be pretty easy, but I just started VH mode.

Nah it's not that see the thing is ppl only see what THEY SEE AND WHAT THEY WANNA SEE.

Now I can say this from exp I have been in a DF party and no i wasn't on B20 but rather on one of the popular blocks for DF and we had some Japanese ppl who didn't know how to fight DF at all and we failed horridly and Ive seen a couple like this too no lie.

The Japanese aren't perfect either to an extent yet we are painting them as bad asses cause of this and or that yata yata yata ect.

(Some one is totally gonna quote me after i post this i feel it)

Mopop
Mar 12, 2013, 09:22 AM
Still how can you be bad at Dark Falz? I thought you just broke arms and that's about it???

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 09:24 AM
Still how can you be bad at Dark Falz? I thought you just broke arms and that's about it???

You break arms and then break 4 more. Then 4 more. Complicated process

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 09:29 AM

There is a certain order you are supposed to break those arms in and 2 of them are not breakable once you break his first 4 set of arms.

Think outside the box for a minute and try not to think single minded there numerous reason they don't know how to fight him.

They just do what every one else has been doing to DF sense Normal Diff this can be a problem sense no1 rly knows how to fight him this is where all the freshmen are and if no one is explaining to them how to fight him this can carry on to Hard and even VH yes if can Ive seen it happened and so has some of my friends.

I could go on but this is pretty much self explanatory like i said there are numerous causes for this we are just to stuck on B20 to actually care cause we are baddies<3

Also the numbah one fail to any DF MPA is when someone shocks him 5 secs into the fight if 2 shocks are wasted that's end game you can kiss those top arms goodbye~

Nicktendonick
Mar 12, 2013, 09:32 AM
In all honesty, how does that and the grinder block stuff work?
Did all ST do was list "v.H" for some blocks as a suggestion or something?

Ce'Nedra
Mar 12, 2013, 10:14 AM
B20? what is this you speak off? Can you eat it?

Haven't been in B20 since CBT and I don't plan to go there unless the game spawns me there when I log on, in which case I move out of it instantly.

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 10:21 AM
B20? what is this you speak off? Can you eat it?

Haven't been in B20 since CBT and I don't plan to go there unless the game spawns me there when I log on, in which case I move out of it instantly.

Shush it fatty i saw you in 20 in that cornah snacking on B20's KFC don't make me bring out the copies i got em and i wont hesitate to show em.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 12, 2013, 10:33 AM
fatty

Ce'Nedra? Fat? She's too tiny to be fat! D:<

Ce'Nedra
Mar 12, 2013, 10:34 AM
Oh please do. I'd like to see. Also your char is most likely fatter then mine >:

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 10:48 AM
Oh please do. I'd like to see. Also your char is most likely fatter then mine >:

You just jelly cause you no fill out when you eat give it up you will neber become well endowed HAHAHAHAHA!!

Side note i wonder how long this thread will stay up my bet goes to 1mill meseta in the next maybe next full page o.o/?

Zipzo
Mar 12, 2013, 11:47 AM
You just jelly cause you no fill out when you eat give it up you will neber become well endowed HAHAHAHAHA!!

Side note i wonder how long this thread will stay up my bet goes to 1mill meseta in the next maybe next full page o.o/?

It could stop right now if you stop posting in it considering like a majority of the posts in it are yours.

Z-0
Mar 12, 2013, 11:54 AM
I gave up trying to teach people how to play games a long time ago, because they always get offended and believe you're a stuck-up individual who thinks they're the best at everything. The JPs all know how to do Elder because each one of them took the effort to find out. Some people were told, but many looked it up, asked questions and whatnot. They did not expect people to hold their hands.

And no, I am not anti-social. You are making horrid sweeping generalisations. I don't go to B20 because it's not the place to get games that I want. I have 60 friends on my friendlist and that's enough for me. I can ask them to play x y z, or I can move to a specified block to look for something.

I would be more offended if you told me to go to B20 than told me to go to hell.

Also, a friend of mine was on B20 the past week, and their Dark Falz Elder game took forever (15 minutes or more). It's happened countless times too, not just that one occurrence. I can understand if you're new and it's your first time, but many people have been playing this game too long and enjoy it played quickly and efficiently, and that is nothing to hold against someone.

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 11:55 AM
Oh, okay, I figured it out. The anti-social people don't like B20. All the socialites (like myself) love it.

And you can run missions JUST FINE there.

I've also had some great VH runs on there. However, I've also had some runs where 1 or 2 people mess it up for everyone. Maybe a few months ago when no one on B20 knew how to do VH Falz, it was bad. But instead of sticking around and teaching them (like some of us did), you abandoned them and complained instead.

Do you know why most of the japanese players know how to do DF right? Because instead of going "lol ur noobs" and finding another team to roll with, they talked to each other and taught them how to do DF right. Maybe you should try that? It's very easy, and works wonders.

T TO DA MUH FUGGIN RUTH

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 11:58 AM
It could stop right now if you stop posting in it considering like a majority of the posts in it are yours.

OSHIIITTT.

Mah flame bait tis working yo<3

Anyone else gonna bite come on BITE THE LIVING SHETS OUTTA IT.

MetalDude
Mar 12, 2013, 01:05 PM
Maybe a few months ago when no one on B20 knew how to do VH Falz, it was bad.
God no, the last run I had that went poorly was within the past month.

But instead of sticking around and teaching them (like some of us did), you abandoned them and complained instead.
If I've learned anything from my time in WoW, an overwhelming majority of bad players have no intent to get better as they immediately assume you are an elitist. I play with players on a team that are both willing and capable of getting better because I'd rather not tear my hair out when I play this game.

You need to get off your damn high horse.

Merumeru
Mar 12, 2013, 01:07 PM
I was always curious if there was an alternate block, but then again, I really only have a hard time getting into B20 once in a while, and even then, it takes about 3-5 minutes before a spot opens up, and that's during EQs. XP

UnLucky
Mar 12, 2013, 01:59 PM
Yeah it was like, three weeks ago I think? I logged in at like X:25 and Falz was going. OH SHIT I GOTTA GET INTO A GOOD BLOCK

Six entirely full Very Hard blocks, the next one down being entirely empty. Block 20 98% full fuuuuuuuck

People breaking fingers, hands fight took 10 minutes, elder was a COMPLETE clusterfuck with WBs flying everywhere and never lasting more than a second. I saw one shock in phase 1, and the only other shock was my own in phase 2, not like it helped.

I don't think there was a single moment where less than 3 cut-ins or symbol arts were on screen.

Didn't matter how many times I said "don't hit the lowest arms, they don't break" nothing could stop the 10 people from wailing on the lowest arm (with a weak bullet applied).

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 02:29 PM
Yeah it was like, three weeks ago I think? I logged in at like X:25 and Falz was going. OH SHIT I GOTTA GET INTO A GOOD BLOCK

Six entirely full Very Hard blocks, the next one down being entirely empty. Block 20 98% full fuuuuuuuck

People breaking fingers, hands fight took 10 minutes, elder was a COMPLETE clusterfuck with WBs flying everywhere and never lasting more than a second. I saw one shock in phase 1, and the only other shock was my own in phase 2, not like it helped.

I don't think there was a single moment where less than 3 cut-ins or symbol arts were on screen.

Didn't matter how many times I said "don't hit the lowest arms, they don't break" nothing could stop the 10 people from wailing on the lowest arm (with a weak bullet applied).

Short bus made an emergency pit stop

Esofor
Mar 12, 2013, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I really don't recommend going to B-20 for something like an emergency quest in a Very Hard mode difficulty. Sometimes I see more symbol arts or cut-ins rather than actual attacking going on and it gets very annoying.

i have gone to b20 for eqs on some occasions and have not seen this yet. maybe i'm concentrating too hard on hitting stuff

i would like to experience this, though. sounds hilarious

blace
Mar 12, 2013, 02:56 PM
I did a Falz EQ on there a little while ago. The fights with the arms was excruciatingly slow, due to people not using Weak Bullet on the giant glowing end and rather on the "fingers", people running into the snaking train rather than avoid it, and some players kept dropping like flies.

Dark Falz Elder, there were forces that only spammed zonde before the second phase happenend and never broke an arm with people only focusing on the core.

This doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen often enough for me to not bother with block 20 for EQs.

Drifting Fable
Mar 12, 2013, 03:44 PM
I like to go to b20 when I just don't care about what I'm doing and want a fun social experience.

For everything else, there's JP blocks.

Otherwise, Blaces suggestion for B218 might be a good alternative for english players.

Shinamori
Mar 12, 2013, 03:51 PM
It too bad not a lot of people want to help, Unless is' TACOs.

jerrykun
Mar 12, 2013, 04:10 PM
Want to play? go vita blocks, want to have fun and socialize? go B20.
I bet whatever you want that more than half the players in B20 are either AFK for several hours or not willing to play.

Anon_Fire
Mar 12, 2013, 04:10 PM
I think it's time for PSO-World to relocate to a new block.

The Walrus
Mar 12, 2013, 04:15 PM
I vote master race 23

ShinMaruku
Mar 12, 2013, 04:28 PM
People tend to only highlight the bad and nevber highlight the good so anecdotes are useless. :P
Yes Block 20 is goofball central but is it terrible?Only as terrible as pso has always been.

ShinMaruku
Mar 12, 2013, 04:39 PM
I think it's time for PSO-World to relocate to a new block.

PSO-World is the problem. :P

Natsu Nem
Mar 12, 2013, 04:41 PM
I rerolled from Ship 10 to Ship 2 a few days ago just to be with more English speaking players. Entering B20 for the first time is like opening a can of wtf.

At first, I didn't really care about the B20 convos. I just picked up my COs and skills and went on my merry way into my quests. Before EQs, I would stay in front of the quest counter to look for a party while paying no attention to any of the conversations.

As time went on, my patience was starting to thin out. I can only tolerate so much stupid. I remember before one EQ, there was some minor symbol art spam. It didn't phase me at first but it started to get really annoying when someone started to spam one symbol art that played a sound every two seconds. I went from meh to "Alright, you need to shut up now." That guy and some other person made an excellent first addition to my blacklist. Now, I hang out in the B20 shop area where it's a lot more peaceful.

Gameplay wise, I recall two instances of stupidity from the top of my head.

The first was when someone killed the Wolgahda during a code capture. I was very annoyed that it died before getting to the capture point but the guy was new to the game so I cut him some slack.

The second was when some idiot spammed Resta on a Lilipan escort making it play its little squeak every three seconds.

Granted, I'm still a low level Gunner in the normal/hard difficulty range so I'm probably doing too much damage, especially with WB/Chain, for me to notice a horrible multiparty.

If these B20 VH horror stories are indeed true and common, someone please point me in a direction where I don't lose faith in humanity.

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 04:45 PM
Wow lol.. so many people have little to no tolerance... :(

ShinMaruku
Mar 12, 2013, 04:50 PM

You live on this planet and this intolerance suprises you?

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 04:56 PM
I rerolled from Ship 10 to Ship 2 a few days ago just to be with more English speaking players. Entering B20 for the first time is like opening a can of wtf.

At first, I didn't really care about the B20 convos. I just picked up my COs and skills and went on my merry way into my quests. Before EQs, I would stay in front of the quest counter to look for a party while paying no attention to any of the conversations.

As time went on, my patience was starting to thin out. I can only tolerate so much stupid. I remember before one EQ, there was some minor symbol art spam. It didn't phase me at first but it started to get really annoying when someone started to spam one symbol art that played a sound every two seconds. I went from meh to "Alright, you need to shut up now." That guy and some other person made an excellent first addition to my blacklist. Now, I hang out in the B20 shop area where it's a lot more peaceful.

Gameplay wise, I recall two instances of stupidity from the top of my head.

The first was when someone killed the Wolgahda during a code capture. I was very annoyed that it died before getting to the capture point but the guy was new to the game so I cut him some slack.

The second was when some idiot spammed Resta on a Lilipan escort making it play its little squeak every three seconds.

Granted, I'm still a low level Gunner in the normal/hard difficulty range so I'm probably doing too much damage, especially with WB/Chain, for me to notice a horrible multiparty.

If these B20 VH horror stories are indeed true and common, someone please point me in a direction where I don't lose faith in humanity.

1: from my knowledge on code capture and yes I have asked about this from the Japanese if the code aint a red code meaning chance at rare drop from it then the Japanese will just opt to kill the said monsters in code capture and not waste time yeah even the Japanese do it not just b20.

2: When it comes to code protect lillipan wise and Ive heard a lot of flame on this,but this code is the most hated in VH simply because it can waste time also you may know this alrdy,but assuming from how you worded it you want to spam heal him as the lillipan is retarded and will move himself into harm sometimes ppl even lose track of him so they heal to fin out where he is real shit funny but true some ppl actually want to fin this code,but to each his own...

MetalDude
Mar 12, 2013, 04:59 PM
I haven't been in an MPA in forever, but most groups I remember seeing did most captures except for Ruins De Malmoth. Fuck Ruins De Malmoth.

Escort can be seriously irritating and fail out of your control the moment a Sparzyle spawns next to the Lilipan. Then you just watch in disappointment as the stupid thing cowers in place.

Reiketsu
Mar 12, 2013, 05:15 PM
1: from my knowledge on code capture and yes I have asked about this from the Japanese if the code aint a red code meaning chance at rare drop from it then the Japanese will just opt to kill the said monsters in code capture and not waste time yeah even the Japanese do it not just b20.

That's true. For EQs I tend to join JP MPAs and it's become a rarity to see a Code Capture where the boss is actually captured. Most people just kill it, especially if it's Wolga since that suckhead can be fricking annoying to capture... >_>"

HiOc
Mar 12, 2013, 05:17 PM

When you see it day in and day out, what do you expect?

UnLucky
Mar 12, 2013, 05:41 PM
People tend to only highlight the bad and never highlight the good so anecdotes are useless. :P
Yes Block 20 is goofball central but is it terrible?Only as terrible as pso has always been.

Oh yeah, it definitely has its ups and downs.

It goes from decent to silly on a good day, and obnoxious to infuriating on an average one.

But of course the most memorable events are on the bad days when you want block 20 jettisoned into space.

Natsu Nem
Mar 12, 2013, 05:54 PM
2: When it comes to code protect lillipan wise and Ive heard a lot of flame on this,but this code is the most hated in VH simply because it can waste time also you may know this alrdy,but assuming from how you worded it you want to spam heal him as the lillipan is retarded and will move himself into harm sometimes ppl even lose track of him so they heal to fin out where he is real shit funny but true some ppl actually want to fin this code,but to each his own...

I see. In the scenario I was referring to, the Lillipan suffered no damage at all and every enemies died before being able to do an attack. Not sure if that Force was doing it to be smart and safe or was doing it to be a jackass.

I don't mind people having their fun in chat. I do mind when someone starts spamming an obnoxious symbol art with a sound effect every four seconds over the span of two minutes.

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 05:56 PM
I see. In the scenario I was referring to, the Lillipan suffered no damage at all and every enemies died before being able to do an attack. Not sure if that Force was doing it to be smart and safe or was doing it to be a jackass.

I don't mind people having their fun in chat. I do mind when someone starts spamming an obnoxious symbol art with a sound effect every four seconds over the span of two minutes.

Meeeh trust me you will come to hate this code one day pain in the ass during a pse burst or when a boss pops up gawd thinking of that *FACE PALM*

jerrykun
Mar 12, 2013, 05:59 PM
People tend to only highlight the bad and nevber highlight the good so anecdotes are useless. :P

So terrible that when Dark Falz arrives, smart people move to JP blocks, I can quote a nice pack of friends that agree with this. B20 is terrible doing DF, fact.

Shinamori
Mar 12, 2013, 06:08 PM
Want to play? go vita blocks, want to have fun and socialize? go B20.
I bet whatever you want that more than half the players in B20 are either AFK for several hours or not willing to play.

B20 Is pretty much the main English block. Unless there's another one I don't know about.

Poubelle
Mar 12, 2013, 06:15 PM
block 20 is the worst. it's just a spam channel. tons of people spamming the same repeated symbol arts with annoying sound effects over and over, spamming the same cut in chat macro over and over, spamming the same jokes ROFLMFROALAOA XDXDXD

It's just tard central. you would never see japanese PSO2 players behaving that way, paying NO mind at all to whether theyre bothering anyone.

seriously b20 just does not care. it's just spam and be rude and totally muck up the english channel without any regard for anyone.

now we can't really even have a proper english channel because so many decent english players are afraid to play there, including me. I play with japanese people exclusively. why? I have no idea how to hook up with any good english players, because I'm sure not going to sit around in b20.

laxmunch
Mar 12, 2013, 06:21 PM
cancer block

Keyblade59
Mar 12, 2013, 06:22 PM
block 20 is the worst. it's just a spam channel. tons of people spamming the same repeated symbol arts with annoying sound effects over and over, spamming the same cut in chat macro over and over, spamming the same jokes ROFLMFROALAOA XDXDXD

It's just tard central. you would never see japanese PSO2 players behaving that way, paying NO mind at all to whether theyre bothering anyone.

seriously b20 just does not care. it's just spam and be rude and totally muck up the english channel without any regard for anyone.

now we can't really even have a proper english channel because so many decent english players are afraid to play there, including me. I play with japanese people exclusively. why? I have no idea how to hook up with any good english players, because I'm sure not going to sit around in b20.

I'm sorry are we not allowed to make use of what SEGA gave us? Tard Central is pretty harsh, I mean they do spam the same crap over and over, but either way they are just having conversations. Considering you just told me you are to afraid to be there, I don't see how you would know all of this. You seem as dense as a prejudice person, so don't throw shots are something that has done nothing to you.

WCW524
Mar 12, 2013, 06:24 PM

Oh sheeeeeee-, Emizel got on his second account!!! <3 Emizel, you doooog. <3

UnLucky
Mar 12, 2013, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry are we not allowed to make use of what SEGA gave us?
This is exactly the difference between western and eastern player mindset. Any time I'm on an asian server for some online game, the general population tends to have a thing called "restraint" and rarely abuse shared channels or trust systems. Many NA/EU servers absolutely must have clearly defined rules built into the game itself or all chaos breaks loose, like spam filters and structured trading features.

Just boggling how often this plays out that it's not simply generalization or coincidence. I'm always surprised at how accommodating and trustworthy the average player is whenever I'm not on an international server. It's just widely "assumed" that you won't go back on your word, that you'll have private or nondisruptive global chat, and loot disputes are rarely an issue even without NBG or individual drops.

Not that I really fault anyone for acting "within your power," but don't blame me if I prefer hanging around people who aren't justifying their actions with "what are they gonna do, ban me for it?"

jerrykun
Mar 12, 2013, 07:15 PM
B20 Is pretty much the main cancer block. Unless there's another one I don't know about.

*fixed

I see English speaking players everywhere. I'm not a B20 hater to be honest, they dress good and like to draw as much attention as possible, but that's it, I'm yet to see people there playing on the field, sometimes I wonder if they even play.

DS23
Mar 12, 2013, 07:44 PM

NO FUN ALLOWED
[spoiler-box]
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l207/fgsfdsfargeg/pso20130312_050836_005_zpsc2a12f23.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
See this? This is BAD! Bikini dance parties are UNACCEPTABLE! :-P

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 07:51 PM
NO FUN ALLOWED

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l207/fgsfdsfargeg/pso20130312_050836_005_zpsc2a12f23.jpg

NOW WHY YOU GON AND DONE DAT THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR LITTLE SECRET<3

Srsly though I have heeps of fun on B20 8D huehuehue~

ShinMaruku
Mar 12, 2013, 08:01 PM
I guess I spent most of the time in the game so blocks are only for finding people.

Sizustar
Mar 12, 2013, 08:10 PM
NO FUN ALLOWED

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l207/fgsfdsfargeg/pso20130312_050836_005_zpsc2a12f23.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I don't frequent B-20 that often, but that's because I play with my team and friends mainly.
But I don't think it is the cancer block, from japanese friends and player that I partied with, they think of going to B-20 as visiting the English block and practicing their English.

And it's not like the Japanese community doesn't do random stuff,
PSO2 Cosplay Drama~
A group decided to do a short skit as NPCs from PSP2 and PSO2, it was rather entertaining, and it ended with dancing~~
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up42383.png
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up42384.png
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up42385.png
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up42386.png
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up42388.png
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up42389.png
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up42391.png
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up42393.png
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up42394.png
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up42395.png
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up42396.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

HiOc
Mar 12, 2013, 08:32 PM
This is the impression I get of the B20 denizens.

Be prepared to cringe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnJyCDGLUZU

Poubelle
Mar 12, 2013, 08:36 PM
seen it. Really good example. I feel the same way.

Coatl
Mar 12, 2013, 09:00 PM
Block 20 just too kawaii for ya'll to handle.

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 09:04 PM
That video is highly inaccurate. Block 20 is way goofier than that- Foam might be the answer now that I think of it..

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 09:10 PM

Be prepared to cringe.

B20 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnJyCDGLUZU)

Get dat weak shit outta here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XemUTmCRx9Q

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 09:11 PM
Get dat weak shit outta here.

That's great. Hey.. are you gonna upload the vids anytime soon? I would like to see myself fail.

Edit: No.. no it's not great. What the !@%$
Edit #2: That video was uploaded Nov 9th 2012... it has only been viewed 10 times until I made the 11th view. Fml

Retehi
Mar 12, 2013, 09:12 PM

Be prepared to cringe.

B20 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnJyCDGLUZU)

I wish Skynet was real, so it could send Terminators after their parents.

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 09:17 PM
That's great. Hey.. are you gonna upload the vids anytime soon? I would like to see myself fail.

Edit: No.. no it's not great. What the !@%$
Edit #2: That video was uploaded Nov 9th 2012... it has only been viewed 10 times until I made the 11th view. Fml

Give it a few Aya it'll be up soon.

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 09:20 PM
Give it a few Aya it'll be up soon.

I'm scared. What if my hair wasn't done? What if I wore two different colored socks? WHAT IF I GOT MY ASS KICKED?! D:

Edit: I failed Lilipa so hard.

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 09:22 PM
I'm scared. What if my hair wasn't done? What if I wore two different colored socks? WHAT IF I GOT MY ASS KICKED?! D:

Edit: I failed Lilipa so hard.

NOW THAT I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN AFTER ALL DAT TEASIN YOU DID TO ME Q.Q!

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 09:23 PM
NOW THAT I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN AFTER ALL DAT TEASIN YOU DID TO ME Q.Q!

Pffft~ Kyuuuuun! owo.

Poubelle
Mar 12, 2013, 09:24 PM
Pffft~ Kyuuuuun! owo.

for trying to convince people that b20 'isn't that bad', you guys sure are doing a good job of making it look like crap..

even on PSOW you can't stop yourself from spamming like a moron.

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 09:32 PM
for trying to convince people that b20 'isn't that bad', you guys sure are doing a good job of making it look like crap..

^ This.

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 09:33 PM

Poubelle I just noticed and Ive come to terms that me and you are 2 assholes of the same coin bro<3

Fuck B20 its all about you bby~

Sizustar
Mar 12, 2013, 09:35 PM

And how should people act?
It's a game with social aspect, if you don't like a type of interaction, you have the choice to go to another block, how they choose to act among their friends and other people shouldn't really be that much of a bother to you.

Shinamori
Mar 12, 2013, 09:42 PM
I find that B20 is only bad when the kids are online.

DreamState83
Mar 12, 2013, 09:48 PM
Block 20 community is no different than any online gaming community from what I've seen. Just like any other game it comes down to ignoring the masses and finding a few good players in the rough to create your own circle of friends to have a good time with. Having thick skin helps you read between the lines of general conversation and locate those who are like-minded.

Source: Me; Over 20 years of online games ( I'm getting too old for this D: ).

Lashette
Mar 12, 2013, 09:50 PM

Really from what I can tell it's two people just having fun. Something maybe you should go and try to do sometime. I've been in MPA's with the two you're talking about. Believe me when it comes to fighting multiple mobs, they can kick some serious ass, and they have fun doing it as well. Lobbies in the game were made so people can socialize, make new friends, relax, kick back, enjoy the time you have not fighting multiple mobs, joke around, and generally having fun. Don't be getting on their case cause you don't know how to lighten up.

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 09:55 PM
Really from what I can tell it's two people just having fun. Something maybe you should go and try to do sometime. I've been in MPA's with the two you're talking about. Believe me when it comes to fighting multiple mobs, they can kick some serious ass, and they have fun doing it as well. Lobbies in the game were made so people can socialize, make new friends, relax, kick back, enjoy the time you have not fighting multiple mobs, joke around, and generally having fun. Don't be getting on their case cause you don't know how to lighten up.

@Dreamstate I like where you coming from you got good head on your shoulder and I like how you don't think single minded and think about all possible solutions.

@Lash Well hell its about time you showed yourself<3

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 09:58 PM
@Dreamstate I like where you coming from you got good head on your shoulder and I like how you don't think single minded and think about all possible solutions.

Lash... <3... yuri <3. .. ; ;

Lashette
Mar 12, 2013, 10:05 PM

Well you know server down, wide awake. Thought I would meander to the PSO-W forums an low and behold, I walk into this thread. Starting to see too many people treating this game like a job. Last time I checked I wasn't getting a big fat whopping check from Sega. But yes I'm here now, so we can kick this up a few notches and really get this party started. ^^

Aya... <3, Yuri... <3 ^^

BIG OLAF
Mar 12, 2013, 10:09 PM
I'm certainly not a fan of people that just sit around in lobbies all day and use the game like an animated chat client. Had plenty of that lazy scumfuckery in PSU, and it sucks to see it return. But, ultimately, you can't change how people want to 'play' the game.

Chilling and chatting for a little while is obviously different; I do it myself often. But, there are certain people that are always just sitting around doing nothing. That's what kind of chaps my ass off. But, like I said, it's their choice, and I'm not gonna get in anyone's face over something as silly as that.

Coatl
Mar 12, 2013, 10:21 PM
Well, it's an online rpg and it's always good to socialize and make friends. If people want to use PSO2 as a kawaii facebook then that is perfectly fine. I don't think anyone here was originally bashing the way they spend their leisure time, nor do I think anyone should. Besides, it's not necessarily how overly social block 20 is that turns me off personally, it's just the desire to perform well and educate themselves to become better players is lacking in block 20. This is evident when block 20 does an Elder Falz and falz dies with 5 arms left. Block 20 also has a lot of trolls and pornographic SA every five minutes which doesn't help its reputation, but it's whatever. :-?

Lashette
Mar 12, 2013, 10:51 PM
Oh I admit I've had my days, where I've found myself doing nothing but sitting in the lobby. I get bad bouts of indecisiveness from time to time. So I just kick back and relax till a good EQ pops up, or a friend wants me to tag along for something fun. AQ's, TA's, random monster killing. But I spend some of that lobby time, making new friends and joining up with random people. TBH I never used to socialize in the lobby, I stayed on a camp ship, or myroom if I happened to use a ticket. I was very content of just socializing with other team mates, then the holidays ended, and the team started dying out. Our team master had real life issues to deal with and couldn't get in game anymore. On evening during maintenance, I was talking to her on facebook. She told me that I needed to socialize more in the lobby, and make new friends, and have as much fun there as I did with the team. Which is what I am doing now.
Now for when it comes to fighting mass mobs of baddies, I'm constantly learning, I do go to the JP blocks a lot to see how they are doing certain things. But I do try to do some EQ's in B20... Sometimes I get a good group that knows what they are doing, and other times I don't. When this has happened I've tried not to get bent out of shape about it. But I don't slack off when it comes to playing in game, and I can hold my own in most situations.

DreamState83
Mar 12, 2013, 11:03 PM
Eh, if people want to socialize 24/7 it doesn't matter. It's not like I get an xp debuff for every wallflower in the lobby. I didn't realize people get upset over things like that?

ReaperTheAbsol
Mar 13, 2013, 12:44 AM
Oh I admit I've had my days, where I've found myself doing nothing but sitting in the lobby. I get bad bouts of indecisiveness from time to time. So I just kick back and relax till a good EQ pops up, or a friend wants me to tag along for something fun. AQ's, TA's, random monster killing. But I spend some of that lobby time, making new friends and joining up with random people. TBH I never used to socialize in the lobby, I stayed on a camp ship, or myroom if I happened to use a ticket. I was very content of just socializing with other team mates, then the holidays ended, and the team started dying out. Our team master had real life issues to deal with and couldn't get in game anymore. On evening during maintenance, I was talking to her on facebook. She told me that I needed to socialize more in the lobby, and make new friends, and have as much fun there as I did with the team. Which is what I am doing now.
Now for when it comes to fighting mass mobs of baddies, I'm constantly learning, I do go to the JP blocks a lot to see how they are doing certain things. But I do try to do some EQ's in B20... Sometimes I get a good group that knows what they are doing, and other times I don't. When this has happened I've tried not to get bent out of shape about it. But I don't slack off when it comes to playing in game, and I can hold my own in most situations.

This. I'm proud of what you've done, Lash.

I like sitting around and talking to team members sometimes. For the longest time all I did was log on for daily TACO runs and talking to whomever was on. At the same time I would willingly help out my friends with certain tasks (provided that I wasn't busy, of course) and other times I helped newcomers with questions or quests and such.

B20 served as the central hub to a lot of the activity I have done in game, and for the most part a good majority of the players I met hang out there the most. B20's not all that bad, and considering that there are some pretty humble characters out there it's not as bad as you'd imagine. Besides, lots of games have players of different archetypes, and sooner or later you're bound to meet some one unlike the rest.

I've enjoyed the company of those I have met so far, and I hope to continue to meet new people to play with for as long as I continue to play Space Waifu Simulation Online 2.

Btw, I love Yuri. Jus'Saiyan.

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 12:46 AM
This. I'm proud of what you've done, Lash.

I like sitting around and talking to team members sometimes. For the longest time all I did was log on for daily TACO runs and talking to whomever was on. At the same time I would willingly help out my friends with certain tasks (provided that I wasn't busy, of course) and other times I helped newcomers with questions or quests and such.

B20 served as the central hub to a lot of the activity I have done in game, and for the most part a good majority of the players I met hang out there the most. B20's not all that bad, and considering that there are some pretty humble characters out there it's not as bad as you'd imagine. Besides, lots of games have players of different archetypes, and sooner or later you're bound to meet some one unlike the rest.

I've enjoyed the company of those I have met so far, and I hope to continue to meet new people to play with for as long as I continue to play Space Waifu Simulation Online 2.

Btw, I love Yuri. Jus'Saiyan.

Damn you just where exactly are you hiding one day imma catch you slipping mhmmm~

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 13, 2013, 12:49 AM
Block 20 is fine.
It's a nice place to find new people, seeing how quite a few people go there to chat here and then.

However, it's still an...ok place to do missions. I say ok because I generally don't see anything past AQs and TAs there.

Also, don't believe any of the Falz bullshit people say.
I've had better Falz groups there than on 10-12. It's hit or miss regardless of block

Infact, don't listen to most block 20 bullshit people spout.
Chatting for 5 minutes there obviously means all you do is sit and lobby chat and spam dicks and never play the game to some people.

Witchblade56
Mar 13, 2013, 12:55 AM
So I didt read the rest of the thread after page 3 and just skipped to this one to ask: why not just make a meet and greet thread to make some connections with people to group up?

Just a thought.

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 13, 2013, 12:57 AM
????? (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205343)

Poubelle
Mar 13, 2013, 12:57 AM
Also, don't believe any of the Falz bullshit people say.
I've had better Falz groups there than on 10-12. It's hit or miss regardless of block

Not really... it's usually on B20 where it's a disaster. I've never had a truly horrible Falz run where the majority of people didn't know what they were doing besides on B20.

My anecdote > your anecdote.

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 13, 2013, 12:59 AM
Not really...
Yes really.

We done now

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 01:02 AM
how is babby formed

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 13, 2013, 01:03 AM
the stork