PDA

View Full Version : Leo Mag Building Question

Jinki
Mar 11, 2013, 10:22 PM
Heyo, I've some concerns about how to go about making a Leo. Basically, I've read the guides available, as well as done some Googling, and I more or less want to confirm what I read before I act.

So right now my Mag is at level 29, all S-ATK (I was late to catch on to the cannon of the Dorufinusu being annoying). The way I understand it I can still get it to change into an Antoria via two methods:

1: Skip the level 30 evolution process by leveling up two stats at the same time and do this until my Ability stat is finally higher than S-ATK, at which point I allow the evolution process to happen.

2: I go ahead and let the evolution process at 30 take place, hence the mag turns into a Raira. Then, I pump P.A. discs into it until the Ability stat overtakes the S-ATK for one of the evolution processes that occurs every 5 levels, which would then turn it into an Antoria.

Finally, after I achieve a second evolution from Mag to an Antoria I have another thing I would like to check:

In order to keep my Ability fairly low, I will need to take care that during any evolution level (every 5th level) I double level both S-ATK and Ability to skip the evolution process (hence keeping an Antoria instead of it changing into a Raira) until level 99. At level 99 I allow S-ATK to level up alone which in turn causes the level 100 third phase evolution process to hit and with my Mag still being an Antoria, will force it into a Leo. At this point I can forget skipping evolutions and feeding it Ability food. From here on out (100+) I can just pump pure S-ATK and live happily ever after with my Leo.

Have I understood all of this correctly, or am I missing something? Thanks for your time.

Shinmarizu
Mar 12, 2013, 12:47 PM
Considering that your Leo is going to be purely S-atk and Dex, the only thing that really matters is that:

1) your Mag is an Antlia at level 95 (with 48 Dex and 47 S-atk) ** this is the critical point, not level 99.

2) once you have that, bring it to level 100 by only raising S-atk so that it exceeds Dex at that point (48 Dex, 52 S-atk).

In short, your method 2 works, but there are some numbers to keep in mind. Either way, your Leo will not have less than 48 Dex unless you waste points in other stats.

Jinki
Mar 12, 2013, 01:41 PM
Alright cool, thanks. I decided to go ahead and purchase a new Mag just in the case they ever change the launching of the Delphinus. Fat chance by now, but eh.

A couple of things that I'm not clear on having read that though: after getting the new Mag to 30 via 14 S-ATK and 16 Ability, shouldn't at that point, I be able to only level up Ability to skip the evolution process? For instance, at 34 I would level S-ATK and Ability at the same time to reach 36 and keep the system from turning my Antlia into a Lyra; keep that up until 96 (since I need an Antlia at 95) at which point I then raise purely S-ATK the rest of the way?

Shinmarizu
Mar 12, 2013, 02:36 PM
Based on your wanting an Antlia, I'm guessing you want Julius Proi as your PB for now?

It really doesn't matter what form the mag has between 30 and 95; the only thing that matters is what evolution it has at level 95, be it Lyra or Antlia. That is your critical point. Your mag can flip-flop between whatever form in the meantime before then.

If your mag is a Lyra at 95 (S-atk + S-def is greater than all other stats) then it is locked into the Delphinus/Cygnus/Libra evolution line, and by level 100 it will be one of those 3 mags. In your case, it will be a Delphinus since you're not raising its Ranged or Tech stat.

If your mag is an Antlia at 95 (Dex greater than all other stats) then it is locked into the Crux/Leo/Corvus/Apus evolution line, and by level 100 it will be one of those 4 mags depending on which stat is dominant. In your case, either a Leo (if S-atk + S-def is highest) or Crux (if Dex is highest).

Also, keep in mind that the mag's form is rechecked at every level multiple of 5. If at those points the requirements are there, your mag may change form. This applies even after the level 100 evolution, so be careful in case you want to rewrite the auto action or PB.

Jinki
Mar 12, 2013, 02:53 PM
I really don't care about the PB, what I'm trying to do is make a Mag that will not launch enemies out of my combo and has as much S-ATK as possible. Going off an old post from gigawuts it should be possible with as little as 16 Ability (tainting the mag with off-stats), but I don't want that, so around 30 should be what I need.

Source Posts: gigwuts on Leo building (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196837&page=78)

UnLucky
Mar 12, 2013, 03:13 PM
Yes, if it evolves into something at 95 or you skip to 96, it will be locked into that evolution tree from there on.

To get a Leo with 16 Dex, you will have to skip every evolution check from lv35 to 95 (inclusive). You'll need around 30 points in a stat other than your main focus, so S-Def would be the most useful for a melee class, though 16 of those 30 have to be in Dex for the first evolution.

If all you wanted was a different PB, you can buy whichever one you wanted with excubes. It will get reset to the natural one as your mag levels, though I believe you can skip that check in the same way (or cap it first). You can also buy a new attack trigger as well.

Shinmarizu
Mar 12, 2013, 03:24 PM
If the auto-action is the issue, then build a Delphinus and spend 2 excubes on the auto-action.

If you still want a Leo and don't want to bother with excubes but still want the particular statline, then giga's method is delicate, but doable.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2013, 04:20 PM
I'd change the auto action personally. screwing up your mag build for an auto action(something you can change) is bad planning.

Jinki
Mar 12, 2013, 04:54 PM
Ah well, it's good to know the auto-action can be changed, though I'm far off from being able to collect ExCubes. Like I said, I just went ahead and bought a new Mag ticket as I had no idea the auto-action could be changed. I would have figured in all my searching over it, such as that would have come up. Oh well, thanks a heap you all.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2013, 04:56 PM
you can get excubes at level 1.

all you do is take the stones you get from falz, turn them into weapons and convert the weapons into excubes.

Done.

Link1275
Mar 12, 2013, 05:06 PM
you can get excubes at level 1.

all you do is take the stones you get from falz, turn them into weapons and convert the weapons into excubes.

Done.
That takes close to 10 falz a weapon though...

Bellion
Mar 12, 2013, 05:13 PM
Averaging 2 Iritista per Falz Elder? That's some bad luck. :|

UnLucky
Mar 12, 2013, 05:15 PM
Or you're not doing VH runs, if that even affects it. I just assume lower difficulties and less arm breaks gives less shinies.

Link1275
Mar 12, 2013, 05:21 PM
Averaging 2 Iritista per Falz Elder? That's some bad luck. :|

Or you're not doing VH runs, if that even affects it. I just assume lower difficulties and less arm breaks gives less shinies.

I'm not to VH yet sooo... I did once see three, but that was only once. I would imagine that breaking the arms yields more, but no one seems to break them in phase two oddly enough.

UnLucky
Mar 12, 2013, 05:32 PM
Yeah I usually get 5-6 in VH Falz with all breaks. Any time I would run Normal or Hard mode Falz is one less opportunity for the good drops, so I don't ever do that >_>

I think "at level 1" is a bit stretching it since no 10*s drop in those areas AFAIK, so your only source is N Falz Elder, where you will be carried pretty hard and probably won't get very much out of it.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2013, 05:43 PM
I'm not to VH yet sooo... I did once see three, but that was only once. I would imagine that breaking the arms yields more, but no one seems to break them in phase two oddly enough.

Yeah that's why. if people are breaking arms you should be getting 4-6 per run.

Yeah I usually get 5-6 in VH Falz with all breaks. Any time I would run Normal or Hard mode Falz is one less opportunity for the good drops, so I don't ever do that >_>

I think "at level 1" is a bit stretching it since no 10*s drop in those areas AFAIK, so your only source is N Falz Elder, where you will be carried pretty hard and probably won't get very much out of it.

What I meant was excubes are available at the start of the game and in no way require you to get to the level cap or even vhard.

Jinki
Mar 12, 2013, 06:03 PM
Yeah that works I suppose. I'm only in my late 20's now, alternating every few levels between Hu and Fi to keep them on par with one another (old FFXI subjob habits die hard) so I haven't been into VH Falz, only Normal which didn't yield any stones.

Anyway, say I get some of these stones and grab one of those weapons from the Shiny Vendor there, how would I convert it to ExCubes?

Bellion
Mar 12, 2013, 06:05 PM
Go to the Recycle Shop and exchange the weapon for the excube. The Recycle Shop is still in the shopping area, but it's at the lowest point of the area.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2013, 06:06 PM
Yeah that works I suppose. I'm only in my late 20's now, alternating every few levels between Hu and Fi to keep them on par with one another (old FFXI subjob habits die hard) so I haven't been into VH Falz, only Normal which didn't yield any stones.

Anyway, say I get some of these stones and grab one of those weapons from the Shiny Vendor there, how would I convert it to ExCubes?

Stones drop even on normal falz.

Jinki
Mar 12, 2013, 06:38 PM
Right, I saw where someone said that, I was just saying that I have yet to see them drop from it.

Thanks Bellion!

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2013, 08:01 PM
that's odd, they should be common.

Jinki
Mar 12, 2013, 10:08 PM
Well, it's not like I've done a whole heap of them, just two runs. I did come out with some nice weapons, but it was just those and some coin, nothing else.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2013, 10:10 PM
well by common I mean you should be getting some in every run. did you beat falz or just the hands and if you did beat falz, were you alive when he was defeated

Jinki
Mar 12, 2013, 11:58 PM
I've done the hands as well as the "final" battle (it's Falz, it'll be back), assuming the final battle is the one where it shows a CS of it crumbling after the fight. I have yet to die in either.

I got to thinking real hard about it a bit ago and I think I know what happened. I was cleaning up quest items the other night and tossed them probably. Looking at the icon, it's the same as the one for an item used in, eh, I want to say for either the subclass quest or one of the new jobs. Sometimes I go out in the field and toss all my quest items into storage and over-loot them (causing spares from time to time if you leave some in the box and turn in the ones on you), I just figured those were leftovers because the mobs that dropped the items for the quest were "Darkers." Oh well, nothing to do about it now, but lesson learned.

That said, if they are not held under the quest items tab, I have no explanation seeing as by what you're saying they drop 100% of the time, it's just a matter of how many.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 12:07 AM
They are in fact quest items, so it sounds like you derped them into oblivion.

if you pick up any yellow cubes from falz, hold those puppies.

Jinki
Mar 13, 2013, 01:48 AM
Oh wow, if there was ever a silver lining in this scenario it was reading that. What an amusing way to put it. Anyway, yeah, will do from now on... is the Falz event on any sort of schedule or does it just randomly happen?

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 01:55 AM
all random

Jinki
Mar 13, 2013, 03:55 AM
Ah well, all in good time then. Thanks again for all your help recently.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 04:29 AM
one of the simple pleasures of being on the forums, man.