PDA

View Full Version : Latency Means Nothing?

Cyhiwraith
Mar 12, 2013, 09:32 AM
Check out this video of a FI/HU doing Nab 1 VH in 7:48. http://nicotter.net/watch/sm20057014

Sadly, it's not because he is amazing, but more due to no latency issues. This explains why PSE burst are far more common in JP partys and why they seem more 'skilled' to some people.

Let's be honest though, even on normal mode my friend uses the same PA that shots
the oodan/za oodan and only kills the 1st set, not the extra spawns. On my FO on normal mode, rafoie will shot the entire group..... get to the wolfs at the end with the snow banther though, and I'll only be able to kill 3 with rafoie, while this guy kills the entire spawn pile. *8 I believe*

Just seems really stupid to me, if I can do this on the NA server, and it isn't over 2 months behind, I hope you know where I'm going, yeah, right to the NA one. Latency ruins this game, and as a bonus check out how fast he loots too.

I was also stupidly stuborn to switch, but pretty sure this is it for me now, lol.
How's everyone else feel?

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 09:38 AM
Check out this video of a FI/HU doing Nab 1 VH in 7:48. http://nicotter.net/watch/sm20057014

Sadly, it's not because he is amazing, but more due to no latency issues. This explains why PSE burst are far more common in JP partys and why they seem more 'skilled' to some people.

Let's be honest though, even on normal mode my friend uses the same PA that shots
the oodan/za oodan and only kills the 1st set, not the extra spawns. On my FO on normal mode, rafoie will shot the entire group..... get to the wolfs at the end with the snow banther though, and I'll only be able to kill 3 with rafoie, while this guy kills the entire spawn pile. *8 I believe*

Just seems really stupid to me, if I can do this on the NA server, and it isn't over 2 months behind, I hope you know where I'm going, yeah, right to the NA one. Latency ruins this game, and as a bonus check out how fast he loots too.

I was also stupidly stuborn to switch, but pretty sure this is it for me now, lol.
How's everyone else feel?

Actually latency does mean something and its one of the soul reasons why i can't do that triple dash she does because our weps wont register that fast because we are so far away from the servers and also why those enemies pop up so fast.

It sucks, but bleeh I can deal wit it...

Shadowth117
Mar 12, 2013, 09:45 AM
If they live on the west coast, anyone with a good connection can manage 3 or so kills with a powerful enough foie on udans. It really *doesn't* matter though on most of even the TA missions.

By the way, if this server is ANYTHING like the PSU English server, you won't be doing that shit anyway. Even if it does come out, its going to be pretty far behind the Japanese server. So don't be holding your breath for it. The latency in this right now is probably akin to what I had to Xbox 360 PSU given PSO2's better net code actually although spawns didn't take bleed-through damage in that.

Poubelle
Mar 12, 2013, 10:04 AM
these servers aren't made for global play, they're specifically for servicing japan.

we can't really complain about latency lag when these servers arent meant to be servicing our region.

more japanese players tend to know what they are doing though. if you think it's all an issue of lag, you're crazy. a lot of english people on JP PSO2 plain stink. I guess it's because the japanese probably have dedicated communities for discussing gameplay techniques, builds, and overall discussing how to be efficient...

while the english community on JP PSO2 mostly seems to be interesting in online dress-up and I don't see much discussion about efficiency or high level play at all around here.

Shadowth117
Mar 12, 2013, 10:27 AM
more japanese players tend to know what they are doing though. if you think it's all an issue of lag, you're crazy. a lot of english people on JP PSO2 plain stink. I guess it's because the japanese probably have dedicated communities for discussing gameplay techniques, builds, and overall discussing how to be efficient...

while the english community on JP PSO2 mostly seems to be interesting in online dress-up and I don't see much discussion about efficiency or high level play at all around here.

You reaaaally ought to speak for yourself there.

Galax
Mar 12, 2013, 10:38 AM
these servers aren't made for global play, they're specifically for servicing japan.

we can't really complain about latency lag when these servers arent meant to be servicing our region.

Excuse you, no, just stop. Thanks. I don't know who you're partying with or who you think you're speaking for, but please don't speak for others like you did in that last line. "No discussion of efficiency or high level play?" You're the crazy one, sorry.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204204

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205010

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196837

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205161

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205195

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205087

All of those topics are something to do with efficient play, builds, and endgame class choices. You were saying?

Oh and I guess because I like to have my character look a certain way, I'm not interested in upgrading gear and doing well in parties, right? I didn't +10 my Lambda Vraolet TWICE to unlock a really good potential ability that'll help me find better and rarer gear later on or anything, nor did I +10 my Tigordor which is currently in waiting of unlocking its Potential. I didn't +10 four different units and I don't have more waiting for when I've got more money so that I take less damage which means I live longer to dish out pain in return, and I'm not focusing on multiple classes to get them all to a certain level - preferably 25-30 - before I decide which route I want to make my main playstyle, and I certainly don't ask advice from my teammates on what skills I should prioritize, as they know more about each class than I do.

No I don't do any of that because, according to you, I'm only interested in playing dressup.

Gardios
Mar 12, 2013, 10:47 AM
From what I've seen, the dress-up stuff is a much bigger thing in Japan than it is here...

Ezodagrom
Mar 12, 2013, 10:52 AM
As an european, for me latency wise there's not much difference between either, between 200ms and 300ms, I rather go with the one with more content.

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 10:53 AM
From what I've seen, the dress-up stuff is a much bigger thing in Japan than it is here...

^BINGO also LOL at the ppl who rly take the time to cap ALL THERE CLASSES and show em off.

Hell im to busy trying to find impossible rares and earning money to be doing all that I will stick to leveling my HU/FI as I told myself before.

Inazuma
Mar 12, 2013, 11:02 AM
If it ever comes out, the English version will be one or more years behind the Japanese version, as far as content is concerned. It will have less good players and more bad players. It will have more hacking and cheating, and it will be much slower to patch the hacking and cheating.

Even if we are just talking about foreign players, those that are serious about PSO2 will be on the JP version. The ones on the Eng version will be there because they are new to the PSO series and don't know any better, or they couldn't be bothered enough to jump through the extra hoops to play on the superior JP version.

Oh, but the game itself means nothing. The players mean nothing. But latency? That's important enough to override all of the cons, right? The JP version has been out for almost a year and we don't even have a release date for the Eng version. And when it finally does come out, how long will the Eng version last before the game dies and Sega shuts down the servers?

Soultrigger
Mar 12, 2013, 11:02 AM

I think this is less of an issue of the EN community and more of an issue of what kind of audience PSO2 appeals to. Though I do find it ironic in the sense you would expect players who are willing to play on a foreign server to be more serious about the core gameplay and less about the superficial stuff.

Oh how I wish this game wasn't F2P...

Shadowth117
Mar 12, 2013, 11:11 AM
I think this is less of an issue of the EN community and more of an issue of what kind of audience PSO2 appeals to. Though I do find it ironic in the sense you would expect players who are willing to play on a foreign server to be more serious about the core gameplay and less about the superficial stuff.

Darn it Odjy, get out of my head.

Galax
Mar 12, 2013, 11:14 AM

I love the fact that it's F2P, because otherwise I couldn't be here, y'know? I don't think I'm the only one either, though I might be. You really wanna pay 10$-15$(or the European equivalent, I'm not great with currency exchange sorry) a month, plus whatever overseas/whatever it is charge might apply just to play? And of course the possibility that SoJ will reject your card because it isn't from a Japanese company and therefor clearly foreign?

The potential issue of payment options alone make me happy it's F2P. Not to mention we'd probably get more people complaining about latency lag if it weren't F2P, "oh damn I pay xx amount a month for this? Fuckin' hell" etc.

Crysteon
Mar 12, 2013, 11:16 AM
Webmoney pl0x.

First world problem: Casuals complain because they cant do a triple dash move, thus they autolabel themselves as people who dont have a chance against the majority of Japanese players.

I dont need a triple dash to pull out a good time on those stupid runs >_> . Then again, since when people here worry about TAing and latency stuff? I thought there were a fairly small amount of EN and EU people who cared about it at all (me included)...and now everyone pretends to care. Fuck logic, lol.

Shadowth117
Mar 12, 2013, 11:28 AM
Webmoney pl0x.

First world problem: Casuals complain because they cant do a triple dash move, thus they autolabel themselves as people who dont have a chance against the majority of Japanese players.

I dont need a triple dash to pull out a good time on those stupid runs >_> . Then again, since when people here worry about TAing and latency stuff? I thought there were a fairly small amount of EN and EU people who cared about it at all (me included)...and now everyone pretends to care. Fuck logic, lol.

Its possible for us to triple dash anyway >_>

Railkune
Mar 12, 2013, 11:34 AM
Why do we need to triple dash anyways? >o> A single dash is more than enough.

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 11:38 AM

You heard that nico twitter we don't need chu NOW GTFO<3

Crysteon
Mar 12, 2013, 11:39 AM
Its possible for us to triple dash anyway >_>

Joy2Key doesnt count!

Shadowth117
Mar 12, 2013, 11:39 AM

I don't know if you're joking or not, but its the fastest way to move in the game without using using PP. Knuckle dashing will get close, but its not quite as fast (not sure about manual timing on that).

Edit: @Crys: I hope you realize I don't use joy2key for that :P

Crysteon
Mar 12, 2013, 11:42 AM

"Hi, I'm Neo, and my finger coordination is too good for Guitar Hero that I decided to use it on this game instead " ;<

Zipzo
Mar 12, 2013, 11:44 AM
Excuse you, no, just stop. Thanks. I don't know who you're partying with or who you think you're speaking for, but please don't speak for others like you did in that last line. "No discussion of efficiency or high level play?" You're the crazy one, sorry.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204204

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205010

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196837

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205161

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205195

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205087

All of those topics are something to do with efficient play, builds, and endgame class choices. You were saying?

Oh and I guess because I like to have my character look a certain way, I'm not interested in upgrading gear and doing well in parties, right? I didn't +10 my Lambda Vraolet TWICE to unlock a really good potential ability that'll help me find better and rarer gear later on or anything, nor did I +10 my Tigordor which is currently in waiting of unlocking its Potential. I didn't +10 four different units and I don't have more waiting for when I've got more money so that I take less damage which means I live longer to dish out pain in return, and I'm not focusing on multiple classes to get them all to a certain level - preferably 25-30 - before I decide which route I want to make my main playstyle, and I certainly don't ask advice from my teammates on what skills I should prioritize, as they know more about each class than I do.

No I don't do any of that because, according to you, I'm only interested in playing dressup.
TMI Bro, you didn't need to give us all a road map of how you play because you took offense to someone on the internet.

Shadowth117
Mar 12, 2013, 11:46 AM
"Hi, I'm Neo, and my finger coordination is too good for Guitar Hero that I decided to use it on this game instead " ;<

I'm not the best at it, but I'm able to do it semi well. I don't have a stable connection though which can mess it up to an extent when I get small lag spikes while weapon switching :/ At the moment, I probably wouldn't be able to TA with it. It definitely does get tiring though trying to do it and over a prolonged period I lose precision with it.

On a side note, I have never played Guitar Hero. Might have to someday lol.

Z-0
Mar 12, 2013, 12:07 PM
It's actually not difficult to triple dash at all. After you "get it" you can do it pretty much subconsciously.

That being said, Latency does matter, especially if you're getting into TA, but I highly doubt western servers will offer that kind of latency even to people living right next to it.

Also, Cyhiwrath being interested in TA... the one I know ingame? Never struck me as that sort of person, lol.

Kierto
Mar 12, 2013, 12:08 PM
Oh great Gaijin Purge when Western PSO2 is released (ever) I summon you~

Anyway, it's important to be aware of your own latency when playing in general even if you don't care about TAs etc to not fuck up spawns. This might be Day1 knowledge but I still get the feeling people aren't aware of it..

Maps in this game have enemy/code spawns locked to points on the tiles that have been put together to form the 'random map'. If you have a bout of lag or high latency while crossing past one of these points (because client side you still move), it's not uncommon for the server to register your location after you've crossed it and your connection has 'caught up' treating you like you've 'teleported', skipping those spawns from happening until you re-cross the point (similar to how NPCs teleport to you).

But ugh to add to complaints, can't moan enough about dumb players who run off in EQ MPAs and trigger codes and shit solo. Srsly, LRN2EQ. Not to fuel Gaijin hate but try doing the White Day EQ as a tight group on things like B09 or B10 during Japanese sleep hours/American prime time and enjoy your Reda NPC spawning behind your group at A-1 while some dummy decided to run around at C-5.

Gardios
Mar 12, 2013, 12:11 PM
That being said, Latency does matter, especially if you're getting into TA, but I highly doubt western servers will offer that kind of latency even to people living right next to it.
Not to mention that since NA and EU will share a server and the servers will most likely be located in NA, nothing will change for European players in regards to latency.

Z-0
Mar 12, 2013, 12:12 PM
I will never be pro at TA. ;_;

/wrists whatever will i do

Galax
Mar 12, 2013, 12:32 PM
TMI Bro, you didn't need to give us all a road map of how you play because you took offense to someone on the internet.

And so far you're the only one who had enough of a problem with it to say anything; I'm sorry I made a point and backed it up with examples from my time playing the game. As to "roadmap of how I play", hahahaha...Oh that's a good one. So listing recent achievements and activities to back up a point = a roadmap of playstyle. Got it. I'll remember to not support my own statements so I don't offend you in the future.

Z-0
Mar 12, 2013, 12:33 PM
Also, Crysteon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFEpW6TSbUY

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 12:40 PM
Also, Crysteon:

How to not Dash - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFEpW6TSbUY)

Showoff LOL

Gardios
Mar 12, 2013, 12:44 PM
Also, Crysteon:

I think I appreciate my O button too much to do that.
/excuses

Dragon_Knight
Mar 12, 2013, 12:44 PM
Heh I have to say even though I live on the USA east coast I have only had minor lag issues to date. The people I do play with I never seem to have issues with me popping up unexpectedly either. Granted I play at night, my time, so I'm not sure if the JP crew are getting up or going to bed or somewhere awkward in between.

Which is more then can say for nearly any of the other iterations of PSO/U I've played on the NA servers. Huge lag spikes, frequent server connection issues, poor latency, and stuff like that. Hell I quit PC PSU about a year before it went offline because of poor server maintenance. I think it had been down for two or three weeks when I quit.

Much as I would love to play with people that can yell at me for not understanding them, the NA edition is going to be rife with SoA's brand of "meh" that has constantly plagued them since DC PSO. Rent a cheap server, throw in some cheap gag gifts, and roll in an average pile of profits, shut it down once you've pissed off everyone. I just hope they don't have the inclination to emulate Perfect World Internationals F2P success by putting absolutely everything in chance packs. Things like that grind my goat into a saber faster then anything else. :\

Blackheart521
Mar 12, 2013, 01:09 PM
Also... lol at the Rappy Suit change right before banther in the vid from the OP. Totally an efficiency tactic right there. ^^;

Feign
Mar 12, 2013, 01:23 PM

You'll never see sub-200 ms latency in the US, our net structure is spread way too far and way too thin. Unless you live on the same block as them, then you get to taunt everyone with 30 pings, lol

Soultrigger
Mar 12, 2013, 01:35 PM
Also, Crysteon:

Using weapon scroll to triple dash? Doesn't that add an unnecessary layer of difficulty?
Dash -> Up/Down -> Up/Down -> Enter -> Dash -> Jump -> Dash
versus
Dash -> Numpad x -> Dash -> Jump -> Dash

*can hardly double dash consistently*

Z-0
Mar 12, 2013, 01:37 PM
I use a controller, so it's easier for me. It's not hard to do at all.

I could add buttons to my controller for the keypad but I have all my buttons in use anyway.

Railkune
Mar 12, 2013, 01:40 PM
I don't know if you're joking or not, but its the fastest way to move in the game without using using PP. Knuckle dashing will get close, but its not quite as fast (not sure about manual timing on that).

No worries. I was a joke, hah.

UnLucky
Mar 12, 2013, 01:44 PM
Yeah, the latency issues annoy me. Sometimes nothing will hit me and I'll go flying, or mobs will freeze up, and nearby players blink in and out of existence.

But I doubt that will get any better if I'm connecting across the continent rather than across the ocean.

Cyhiwraith
Mar 12, 2013, 01:55 PM
Also, Cyhiwrath being interested in TA... the one I know ingame? Never struck me as that sort of person, lol.

I'm playing with 3 RL friends now, lol.

Also, I prob won't 100% ever quit this ver, but when there is nothing to do but farm for money, why not test out the NA one? Can't hurt too much. Ontop of that, is there even damage formulas for this game yet? If not, that shows ya how hardcore people are, if so, I'd love to see it, 'theory crafting' and what not.

Also, that guy could easily be using a macro, ain't that uncommon. Eaither way, my friend picked up that 'triple dash' in just a few min, nothing really special about it, just do it a few times and it's even more simple than riding a bike with training wheels. As far as skill goes? Sure, maybe he's skillful, but idk about you, but wen I saw him shot all the mob spawns at once, that's the ONLY "WTF!?!?" moment I had watching that entire thing, tbh. Nothing else impressed me.

Alenoir
Mar 12, 2013, 01:59 PM
Nothing else impressed me.

Probably because you're not interested in TA from what others are saying? It's pretty impressive in general to solo clear it in less than 10 minutes on VH.

Shadowth117
Mar 12, 2013, 02:02 PM
Heh I have to say even though I live on the USA east coast I have only had minor lag issues to date. The people I do play with I never seem to have issues with me popping up unexpectedly either. Granted I play at night, my time, so I'm not sure if the JP crew are getting up or going to bed or somewhere awkward in between.

Which is more then can say for nearly any of the other iterations of PSO/U I've played on the NA servers. Huge lag spikes, frequent server connection issues, poor latency, and stuff like that. Hell I quit PC PSU about a year before it went offline because of poor server maintenance. I think it had been down for two or three weeks when I quit.

Much as I would love to play with people that can yell at me for not understanding them, the NA edition is going to be rife with SoA's brand of "meh" that has constantly plagued them since DC PSO. Rent a cheap server, throw in some cheap gag gifts, and roll in an average pile of profits, shut it down once you've pissed off everyone. I just hope they don't have the inclination to emulate Perfect World Internationals F2P success by putting absolutely everything in chance packs. Things like that grind my goat into a saber faster then anything else. :\

The thing is, when you say you haven't had lag issues you're not referring to things like the spawn massacres Japanese players are able to do in the Naberius I TA mission. Because creatures spawn in the same spot, there are some ridiculous things that are literally impossible to do such as rafoie/foie 4+ waves of udans at once. You could be doing 99999999 damage with your hits, but it wouldn't matter in that case.

Thankfully there aren't a lot of situations where that can be abused. Honestly, the fact that that can even happen is bad design on the part of the level designers. Its kind of silly to have anything spawn in that kind of a way in my opinion.

Cyhiwraith
Mar 12, 2013, 02:03 PM
Probably because you're not interested in TA from what others are saying? It's pretty impressive in general to solo clear it in less than 10 minutes on VH.

I mean in a sense like "WHOA!?!? THAT'S POSSIBLE!?!? HOLY CRAP!!! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THAT!!!!!!" Like, doing TA fast isn't news to me, but the difference between me killing 3 mobs and them 8+ is news (oddly enough). I mean.... he just triple dashed what a normal 4 man party would do, like.... it isn't anything new.....

Alenoir
Mar 12, 2013, 02:04 PM
I mean in a sense like "WHOA!?!? THAT'S POSSIBLE!?!? HOLY CRAP!!! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THAT!!!!!!" Like, doing TA fast isn't news to me, but the difference between me killing 3 mobs and them 8+ is news (oddly enough). I mean.... he just triple dashed what a normal 4 man party would do, like.... it isn't anything new.....

Oh. Yeah, in that sense it's nothing new. Just... very... professional Arks?

Z-0
Mar 12, 2013, 02:12 PM
you mean like this new

[spoiler-box]http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a569/xzynetic/pso20130312_190951_000_zps5c82caa4.jpg
http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a569/xzynetic/pso20130312_190953_001_zpsb688f34c.jpg[/spoiler-box]

afk (everyone knows this anyway)

Cyhiwraith
Mar 12, 2013, 02:15 PM
Now stuff like that is cool.

Soultrigger
Mar 12, 2013, 02:24 PM
you mean like this new

[spoiler-box]http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a569/xzynetic/pso20130312_190951_000_zps5c82caa4.jpg
http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a569/xzynetic/pso20130312_190953_001_zpsb688f34c.jpg[/spoiler-box]

afk (everyone knows this anyway)

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

EDIT: The game considers you a cheater and doesn't clear if you skip the ring. :cry:

Esofor
Mar 12, 2013, 02:31 PM
z-0 always makes me feel like i've been playing the game completely wrong

Shadowth117
Mar 12, 2013, 03:02 PM
z-0 always makes me feel like i've been playing the game completely wrong

He's kind of a noob really.

Z-0
Mar 12, 2013, 03:03 PM
agreed ^

Galax
Mar 12, 2013, 03:29 PM
agreed ^

You're never as bad as I am, at least.

Crysteon
Mar 12, 2013, 04:41 PM
Also, Crysteon:

I'm so gonna break a pad or two trying this out later, lol.

.....No, not really.

Shadowth117
Mar 12, 2013, 04:50 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

EDIT: The game considers you a cheater and doesn't clear if you skip the ring. :cry:

Only if you don't have someone go back and do it. You can have one person do this while the others clear a2 and a3. This had to be done with the original "wall jump" skip as well.

Crysteon
Mar 12, 2013, 04:53 PM
Only if you don't have someone go back and do it. You can have one person do this while the others clear a2 and a3. This had to be done with the original "wall jump" skip as well.

Dat ring slave.

Eternal255
Mar 12, 2013, 05:11 PM
Holy shit, those are the new PA's for partizans?

Shit, I guess I gotta get me one then haha xD

Z-0
Mar 12, 2013, 05:12 PM
You DO realise the ring slave will probably be you when Tomia gets his new PC, right Shadow? +^_^+

That being said you don't actually have to clear it, just kill some Aginis.

GuardianGirth
Mar 12, 2013, 05:32 PM
I'm a little more confused at how the fuck he made his assault buster stay out for like 2 full seconds and hit enemies that popped up one after another. Theres no way the difference in frames of that move is that great just cause of location. Thats ridiculous.

Poubelle
Mar 12, 2013, 05:36 PM
you guys do know japs macro that stuff right? lol.

Shadowth117
Mar 12, 2013, 05:37 PM
You DO realise the ring slave will probably be you when Tomia gets his new PC, right Shadow? +^_^+

That being said you don't actually have to clear it, just kill some Aginis.

I dunno, you look like a mighty fine Acrotecher/key grabber to me.

Z-0
Mar 12, 2013, 05:42 PM
I'm a little more confused at how the fuck he made his assault buster stay out for like 2 full seconds and hit enemies that popped up one after another. Theres no way the difference in frames of that move is that great just cause of location. Thats ridiculous.

It's hitstop. Since enemies keep coming up, the animation is delayed and continues on for longer than it should as it's hitting more stuff.

and dun lie shadow, you know I'm awesomer.

GuardianGirth
Mar 12, 2013, 06:22 PM
I've used Assault Buster thousands of times and never has the hitstop stayed out anywhere close to that. It just seems damn near impossible.

Esofor
Mar 12, 2013, 06:44 PM
probably cause you're never hitting as many enemies as he was

GuardianGirth
Mar 12, 2013, 06:57 PM
Many times ive hit these exact enemies in almost the exact same angle and manner as he did and never once has my assault buster killed all 5 spawns of the wolf in the banther fight.

Z-0
Mar 12, 2013, 07:01 PM
Because of latency. He's closer to the server so hits are registered faster and so are spawns. Ever wondered why landing on the De Malmoth on Naberius 2 is so hard? It's because living outside Japan makes him spawn later.

UnLucky
Mar 12, 2013, 07:15 PM
swing -> hit -> damage -> death -> respawn -> hit -> damage -> death -> respawn

client/server checks at every step^

GuardianGirth
Mar 12, 2013, 07:23 PM
I just cant believe the difference, wow.

Cyhiwraith
Mar 12, 2013, 07:31 PM
I'm wondering, how on Earth can a group of JP players ever lose in TA rankings to a non-jp team? I mean if they did, that says a ton. I mean.... Jesus christ, holy %*@( god $(%* wowie they blow $(@*$@( outta the %*$#(@ %*@%(@.

Sizustar
Mar 12, 2013, 07:36 PM
I'm wondering, how on Earth can a group of JP players ever lose in TA rankings to a non-jp team? I mean if they did, that says a ton. I mean.... Jesus christ, holy %*@( god $(%* wowie they blow $(@*$@( outta the %*$#(@ %*@%(@.

Third party programs that allows you to hit whole screen, etc.

Cyhiwraith
Mar 12, 2013, 07:39 PM
Well, I mean legit players, ofc.

Shadowth117
Mar 12, 2013, 08:39 PM
You guys are forgetting that not every TA involves spawns as poorly done as Nab1. Most TA's don't have enemies that spawn in the same spot like that or if they do there's not enough of them for it to matter because we CAN do multi kills to an extent. Unlike PSU, its actually fairly realistic for us to be able to beat them.

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 09:21 PM
You guys are forgetting that not every TA involves spawns as poorly done as Nab1. Most TA's don't have enemies that spawn in the same spot like that or if they do there's not enough of them for it to matter because we CAN do multi kills to an extent. Unlike PSU, its actually fairly realistic for us to be able to beat them.

And it wasn't in PSU bosses hardly offered any kinda of challenge to begin with comparing PSU to PSO2 as it is now is mediocre at best.

Shadowth117
Mar 12, 2013, 09:30 PM
And it wasn't in PSU bosses hardly offered any kinda of challenge to begin with comparing PSU to PSO2 as it is now is mediocre at best.

Congratulations, you COMPLETELY missed the point of my statement. PSU's latency issues were, far, far, far worse than that of PSO2. THAT was why I thought it fit to mention since the game had horrible issues with that at times. The delay between damage appearing (and subsequently killing enemies) made runs ridiculously faster for the Japanese and loading times were based significantly more on the connection to the server. Weapon switching seemed to take longer than it does in PSO2 as well and in general for TAing it was pretty annoying.

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 09:41 PM
Congratulations, you COMPLETELY missed the point of my statement. PSU's latency issues were, far, far, far worse than that of PSO2. THAT was why I thought it fit to mention since the game had horrible issues with that at times. The delay between damage appearing (and subsequently killing enemies) made runs ridiculously faster for the Japanese and loading times were based significantly more on the connection to the server. Weapon switching seemed to take longer than it does in PSO2 as well and in general for TAing it was pretty annoying.

Ewwww damn you and your statements being somewhat vague, but yeah now that ya came out an were more detailed with it I get viewpoint now much bettah~

Also yeah macros sexy as fuck.

Eikahe
Mar 12, 2013, 11:09 PM
I'm assuming triple dashing and hitstopping are HU/FI concepts only? How do you even triple dash with the keyboard/mouse setup anyways?

UnLucky
Mar 12, 2013, 11:31 PM
Double/Triple dashing works with any melee weapon/gunslash, or rather, it's useless to do it with anything else. The idea is to eliminate the delay between consecutive dashes, which are otherwise faster than normal running. You can do this by either jumping before the first dash completely finishes, or switch weapons at that point which resets your animation. Problem is that latency delays the actual weapon switch, so this method becomes impractical outside of Japan.

Hitstop happens on any direct contact with an enemy/destructable object using your equipped weapon, including PAs. It delays your animation slightly per hit, which extends the duration the hitbox is active, which means more time to deal damage from the same attack. Problem is that latency delays the damage from registering, the mobs from dying, and new mobs respawning, so your attack animation can finish before extra targets have the time to throw their face into your weapon, which would provide more hitstun and prolong the attack animation for this sequence to repeat itself.

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 13, 2013, 01:36 AM
hmm good thing I don't give a flying shit about triple dashing in a TA or at all or I would be angry I guess

Cyhiwraith
Mar 13, 2013, 09:34 AM
Let's be honest, PSU was a terrible game, I wouldn't want this game to be like it at all. Worst PS release aside from maybe the 1st PSP one. PSU came and PSO stayed strong, PSO2 came and both died.

I always laughed at the tools who said they'd never play and just stuck with PSU, just to watch sega pull down their own britches to duce all over there fanbase.

Sure, maybe things are somewhat similar? but the gameplay is nothing a like, if I reskinned everything you wouldn't relate PSO2 and PSU at all.

Although, lighting spec FO's remind me of Giga spammers.

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 13, 2013, 11:26 AM
Let's be honest, PSU was a terrible game, I wouldn't want this game to be like it at all. Worst PS release aside from maybe the 1st PSP one. PSU came and PSO stayed strong, PSO2 came and both died.

I always laughed at the tools who said they'd never play and just stuck with PSU, just to watch sega pull down their own britches to duce all over there fanbase.

Sure, maybe things are somewhat similar? but the gameplay is nothing a like, if I reskinned everything you wouldn't relate PSO2 and PSU at all.

Although, lighting spec FO's remind me of Giga spammers.

PSU actually had better end game then PSO2 but hey to each there own

Ezodagrom
Mar 13, 2013, 11:30 AM
PSU actually had better end game then PSO2 but hey to each there own
When talking about end-game, you shouldn't compare PSO2 to how PSU was at the end, you should compare it to how PSU was 8 months after release.
Basically the content PSO2 has now should be compared to the content PSU had when the firebreak event ended.

MetalDude
Mar 13, 2013, 11:37 AM
I think most everyone would agree that PSO2 endgame hasn't even been established yet.

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 13, 2013, 11:40 AM
I think most everyone would agree that PSO2 endgame hasn't even been established yet.

oh ya because those AQs totally aren't current end game

Z-0
Mar 13, 2013, 11:56 AM
AQs are supposed to be endgame / high-level content according to SEGA, but they're just more of the same with different items.

Which wouldn't be too bad, if "more of the same" was decent like the other games.

MetalDude
Mar 13, 2013, 11:59 AM

I'm thinking of way more variety like in PSO, but I'm getting the feeling that's a pipe dream.

Z-0
Mar 13, 2013, 12:00 PM
Probably won't get it, because SEGA will argue the randomly generated content is the "variety", although it all feels the same.

Poubelle
Mar 13, 2013, 12:24 PM

Well, it is...

a really, REALLY crappy endgame that rewards completely based on luck, not skill or even time investment, a system where you can put 1000 hours in and not get the item you want, or make ANY progress on your character at all during that time.

Hopefully PSO2 isn't always like this with future content, level caps, etc... but I'm worried

UnLucky
Mar 13, 2013, 12:24 PM
AQs are Very Very Hard Mode. It's like Ultimate, only they don't have to have any new enemy types. It's brilliant.

Dextro
Mar 13, 2013, 01:08 PM
Brilliantly lazy :/
They'd argue that your 'time invested progression' is to collect stones to trade-in for pyroxene weapons, but you can get 90 stones in just 3 runs.

Shadowth117
Mar 13, 2013, 01:13 PM
Brilliantly lazy :/
They'd argue that your 'time invested progression' is to collect stones to trade-in for pyroxene weapons, but you can get 90 stones in just 3 runs.

I'm just glad its not like PSU where not only where the pyroxene stones extremely rare, but the shared drops made them even harder to get then you would expect.