PDA

View Full Version : from 20-30 hardest part of leveling?

TheDeFiler
Mar 12, 2013, 03:56 PM
I got into a discussion with a fellow player stating that getting from 20-30 was the toughest to get to. He explained why but I really didn't get the grasp of it and the fact that I was playing after a night of drinking a few brews had my attention span at an all time low lol. Now is that statement true and if so why?

Thank guys

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2013, 04:10 PM
it's generally been true, yes, though less so now with so many vita players entering the fold and some of the recent changes.

The reason is at level 20 you're too low level to do hard MPAs. Yes you can join but EXP scaling is so bad you're better off running normal til you get to 30 since the exp is about the same but things die much faster.

Now adays for your first class you can use Koffie COs for some bonus exp and with a lot of new players in the mix it might be easier to get a normal MPA for ruins, but for your second class the unscaled COs are gone, so you have to do it honestly, or force feed heavily scaled COs

TheDeFiler
Mar 12, 2013, 04:28 PM
Is there a list of CO's that are not scaled? Because I learned that the hard way -_-
Also to multi-class should I just max out my main class before leveling my sub class to take advantage of later CO's (non scaling) which could give more EXP?

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2013, 04:39 PM
Most COs scale but it's still better than grinding it out. What I prefer to do is start force feeding COs to by sub as soon as I unlock it. using this method, my new HuFiCast is already 32/19 and I really dont play it that often.

IIRC the only COs that dont scale are Koffie's area unlocks. Her first one gives 12500 exp regardless of level allowing you to jump from 1 to 10 in one shot. If you've already unlocked Ruins Free Field, you're kinda screwed there, but aside from buying a few ingredients for franka orders, I just leveled like this making my way TO ruins on normal - solo.

TheDeFiler
Mar 12, 2013, 04:45 PM
So once I unlock the class just force feed them my CO's while grinding with my main class since I won;t be getting hit with the exp penalty by that point?

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2013, 04:57 PM
That's basically the idea, yeah. If the CO is going to be completely wasted though (say 20k becomes 2k) use it on your main though. Level 45 is kinda the sweet spot for exp so from there, you can turn all your COs over to your sub.

TheDeFiler
Mar 12, 2013, 05:00 PM
Gotcha and thanks for the info.

ShinMaruku
Mar 13, 2013, 01:13 AM
Why the hell did they scale COs. They must understand some classes are just terrible as main classes >_>

Du1337
Mar 13, 2013, 07:23 AM
The jump to HARD mode at 21 was great... I had the least troubles lvling from 20 to 30.

Saika Darkmoon
Mar 13, 2013, 07:34 AM
Im absolutely dying here trying to get my GU ... RA lvl 23 and its taken me 6 hours to now and i still need 23K EXP to Lvl wtf.... and its not like i can get help either

Blundy
Mar 13, 2013, 04:30 PM
i hope the japanese fans push for some of our primary exp leaking into our sub like i had hoped sega was going to do in the first place...

leveling up twice everytime is going to get to be too much as they release more things, especially for new players.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 04:49 PM
I agree there should be SOME way to get your sub to at least get part of the EXP. My concern is sega's way of doing this will either be to make it a bonus feature for premium users or in the very least make it a cash item.

Im absolutely dying here trying to get my GU ... RA lvl 23 and its taken me 6 hours to now and i still need 23K EXP to Lvl wtf.... and its not like i can get help either

what area/difficulty are you playing?

Nandemon
Mar 13, 2013, 09:32 PM
what area/difficulty are you playing?[/QUOTE]

What do you recommend for 20-30?

Alisha
Mar 13, 2013, 11:13 PM
so ive got two classes at 30 now what makes things magically better at 30?

blace
Mar 13, 2013, 11:27 PM
No EXP cut for hard mode MPAs.

Edit: To clarify, the mob levels are 31-38. If you're more than 4 levels below the mobs level, you have your EXP gain cut. Same goes for hard mode EQs with mobs at level 40.

Alisha
Mar 14, 2013, 12:01 AM
eh its not like your getting worthwhile exp from mobs. its not like PSPo2 where a single run could net 50k exp

blace
Mar 14, 2013, 12:05 AM
Let's not forget the bountiful CO's from Franka and Kressida and how their EXP pay off can go as high as 10,000 at level 35+.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 14, 2013, 03:43 AM
Kressida has one that gives 37k IIRC >_> stupid easy to do too.

Need to be lvl 34 to get the full effect though iirc.

Anyway for those who are level 20, I don't recommend running hard at all. play the laster areas of normal and use koffie's COs til you get to 30. she gives 12.5-15k unscaled for each one. once you get to 30, you can run hard MPAs without severe exp scaling. If you find a good MPA you can gain a few levels in a matter of hours and make your way to 40 within the week. once you do get to 30, unlock your subclass and start feeding it easy COs and koffie's COs. the stat gain and flexibility you gain from this is huge.