PDA

View Full Version : Are we getting new AQ's tonight? - 3/13 Update

Alisha
Mar 12, 2013, 08:01 PM
see topic

Ezodagrom
Mar 12, 2013, 08:03 PM
Yes, we're getting the tundra, tunnels and skyland AQs in today's update.
Looks like they will use the same capsules as the previous AQs also.

Sizustar
Mar 12, 2013, 08:03 PM
Yes, along with new gears I believe.
But no AC scratch yet.

supersonix9
Mar 12, 2013, 08:04 PM
finally a reason to play tundra, best area

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 08:11 PM
Bout damn time too RNG GODS PREPARE TO BATTLE ONCE MOAR.

They gonna own me anyway bleeeh >.>....

Xaeris
Mar 12, 2013, 08:23 PM
I, for one, welcome our new Lv 60 boosted Quartz Dragon overlords.

RadiantLegend
Mar 12, 2013, 08:25 PM
I, for one, welcome our new Lv 60 boosted Quartz Dragon overlords.

And many Hunter/Fighter blood will be shed.

charliewu
Mar 12, 2013, 09:04 PM
And many Hunter/Fighter blood will be shed.

lmao, so true.

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 09:06 PM
Yuri! Rock! Jaq? I was able to finish my dance!

New FO stuff maybe?!!?!?

Jakosifer
Mar 12, 2013, 09:09 PM

New FO stuff maybe?!!?!?

Still mad you have a ratchet amount of product in your hair... :disapprove:

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 09:12 PM
lmao, so true.

Dem negs can't HU/FI right poor sobs

Shadowth117
Mar 12, 2013, 09:15 PM

New FO stuff maybe?!!?!?

There should be. Its likely there will a new pyroxene rod and a new dropped rod if nothing else.

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 09:16 PM
There should be. Its likely there will a new pyroxene rod and a new dropped rod if nothing else.

Yeah... I don't want to have to rely on Dark Falz for the next step up in FO equip.

Insane food dish
Mar 12, 2013, 09:21 PM
So are they adding weapons for the other three elements in the pyroxene shop? I wouldn't mind grinding for a Gramasciento recolor(assuming the rod is from F.Cont.).

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2013, 09:22 PM
F Cont rod upgrade for sure. I'm unsure if everything is going to use the same stones or not. Red would indicate fire stones, but I'm hoping F Cont will actually drop light stones...meh

I'm betting Caduceus will make the cut too(watch it be a Gilnach drop...~_~)

Insane food dish
Mar 12, 2013, 09:25 PM

Please don't jinx it. I've been in the Tunnels for months and they refuse to drop a fork.:-(

Jyasupa
Mar 12, 2013, 09:30 PM
ROQ, JOQ, IS THAT THE OWL GIRL?

Exiled_Gundam
Mar 12, 2013, 09:33 PM
Haha I think there might be upgraded Razrail, upgraded Quartz Calibur (dunno maybe Crys Calibur), upgraded Vardha weapons and units, upgraded Banshee Roar

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 09:36 PM
ROQ, JOQ, IS THAT THE OWL GIRL?

Owl....? D: OWL? Who choo callin' an owl!?!?

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2013, 09:38 PM
Upgraded QD weapons for sure (purple in color instead of blue), Upgaded Vardha weapons, maybe...they're already 10* so this is pretty iffy, upgraded Snow Fang drops for sure.

Owl....? D: OWL? Who choo callin' an owl!?!?

JOO GOT DEM OWL AIS GURL!!

Shadowth117
Mar 12, 2013, 09:38 PM
F Cont rod upgrade for sure. I'm unsure if everything is going to use the same stones or not. Red would indicate fire stones, but I'm hoping F Cont will actually drop light stones...meh

Am I the only one who saw people using the Caduceus at level 20 against the Vol Dragon in the PAX videos? It may end up being a high level weapon, but I'm doubting it.

Kraiseson
Mar 12, 2013, 09:39 PM
So what, Advance is basically like the 'Ultimate' equivalent of Psobb?

Or do you guys think there will still be that?

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 09:40 PM

There will be an Ultimate mode.. there just has to be. Ult should be just like the older PSO's Ultimate mode. New monsters/skins/map time of day/changes etc. Will be epic if they did this.

Ezodagrom
Mar 12, 2013, 09:41 PM

Back in the closed beta days, it was found in the data that there were 5 difficulty modes above very hard listed.
Who knows how many of those we'll get in the end though.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2013, 09:41 PM
Am I the only one who saw people using the Caduceus at level 20 against the Vol Dragon in the PAX videos? It may end up being a high level weapon, but I'm doubting it.

I'm basing this on 2 things:

Caduceus has always been a fairly high end in terms of Fo weapons

Look at Holy Ray, Guilty Light, BKB and Jinrai (POL). AQs clearly have a large number of legacy weapons.

Caduceus and Frozen Shooter expected.

Exiled_Gundam
Mar 12, 2013, 09:43 PM
Upgraded QD weapons for sure (purple in color instead of blue), Upgaded Vardha weapons, maybe...they're already 10* so this is pretty iffy, upgraded Snow Fang drops for sure.

JOO GOT DEM OWL AIS GURL!!
Erm it's still a possibility because 10* TMG and 10* knuckles from Transmizer got their Transzexia counterpart in AQ

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 09:45 PM
Dark Bridge? Glide Divine? Anyone? STRIKER OF CHAO?!

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2013, 09:46 PM
I said iffy , not LOLNOAREYOUSTUPID?!

I just wouldn't count on it as heavily as the others, but I'm not saying it's not possible.

Armor is still doubtful as we didn't even see upgrades to the old 8* armors

First time I saw Dark Bridge was in an anatomy book. I'll pass.

Link1275
Mar 12, 2013, 09:48 PM
Dark Bridge is way on the iffy side, I doubt it will show up for certain reasons...

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 09:49 PM
Wonder if the hellfret gonna be stronger like im thinking but i hope not as strong as the jinrai that DS is fucking sexy.

Link1275
Mar 12, 2013, 09:56 PM
Wonder if the hellfret gonna be stronger like im thinking but i hope not as strong as the jinrai that DS is fucking sexy.
The two not implemented DS that are listed without a name on cirnopedia are, Absolute Blade from PSP2/I, and the Lambda version of the one you mentioned.

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 10:02 PM
The two not implemented DS that are listed without a name on cirnopedia are, Absolute Blade from PSP2/I, and the Lambda version of the one you mentioned.

Damn that red hue threw me off D:

wetro01
Mar 12, 2013, 10:24 PM
how long is the maint.?

Xaeris
Mar 12, 2013, 10:25 PM
Scheduled to be back up at 4 AM EST.

TehblackUchiha
Mar 12, 2013, 10:25 PM
My predictions with AQ stone weapons:

Tundra: Cruel coffin, Cruel flouga, Cornelia, Vifroze

Mines (could turn into 11* since they are 10* already?): noise blower, belk welker, black bellow

F. Continent: Gramasciento, Tourmalinca, Jade Racion

My reason for these is that the pattern/style is the same for each of the weapons. The price of all of those weapons have gone up in price in player shops. Also if you look at the datamine image spreadsheet you can see 2 variants of all those weapons just like you could with the previous weapons. I already bought all those weapons when they were cheap so i can be rich. Not sure about the helfret rumor though i bought one of those to be safe lol.

Ezodagrom
Mar 12, 2013, 10:26 PM
how long is the maint.?
Today's maintenance is in the normal schedule, so it's a ~6 hours long maintenance.
It should last around 4h30 more at the time of this post (maintenance sometimes ends earlier or later than scheduled though).

gigawuts
Mar 12, 2013, 10:27 PM
Mines is going to be the odd man out, no matter what.

Either it's the only area that requires 10*'s, or it's the only area to use non-theme weapons.

Scans in the past have been of hellfret (named zonfret, with pyrox details in the pic) and a signo braver (I forget the name, no pyrox details in the pic).

I have no idea what to expect, and being that I have hellfrets AND a noise blower I don't even mind.

If they're 11* I will throw my own feces at my own walls in untempered fury, however. I do not want to grind an 11*. (I may not need to, it could easily stay 10* after the upgrade anyway)

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 10:27 PM
My predictions with AQ stone weapons:

Tundra: Cruel coffin, Cruel flouga, Cornelia, Vifroze

Mines (could turn into 11* since they are 10* already?): noise blower, belk welker, black bellow

F. Continent: Gramasciento, Tourmalinca, Jade Racion

My reason for these is that the pattern/style is the same for each of the weapons. The price of all of those weapons have gone up in price in player shops. Also if you look at the datamine image spreadsheet you can see 2 variants of all those weapons just like you could with the previous weapons. I already bought all those weapons when they were cheap so i can be rich. Not sure about the helfret rumor though i bought one of those to be safe lol.

Yeah same here and dayum i totally forgot to buy those weps before the maint im hoping when servers go up i can sag a few before they sky rocket in price D:

@Giga So hellfret will be in the stone shop Q.Q?

supersonix9
Mar 12, 2013, 10:28 PM
welp I got all da tundra weps if those happen to be it

and yes, signo braver, please.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2013, 10:31 PM
I imagine since helfret is a Vardha drop, the 10* will be a King Vardha drop, but dont quote me on that.

Xaeris
Mar 12, 2013, 10:33 PM
I think you're thinking of Excellan Blade; Hellfret drops from El Ahdas.

TehblackUchiha
Mar 12, 2013, 10:33 PM
If they're 11* I will throw my own feces at my own walls in untempered fury, however. I do not want to grind an 11*. (I may not need to, it could easily stay 10* after the upgrade anyway)

They could stay 10* (if those even are the weapons) i was just thinking that they would upscale because of the other proxene 9* -> 10* weapons. Would not want to grind an 11* lol.

Soultrigger
Mar 12, 2013, 10:36 PM
You're confusing Excellan Blade for Hellfret (it's the yellow DS dropped by Ahda).

Hellfret being a recyclable makes very little to no sense. It doesn't really fit thematically with anything besides Oboro and to an extent, Aristin/Patty Lumeria/Hyperion/Twizzlers. It drops from a Darker, and while Ahdas appear in Mines, it isn't unique to Mines. Also, Oboro drops in FC so it wouldn't make sense to be a Mines series magic stone.

Before someone points it out (because I know you will), even though Lambda Aristin/etc/Nishiki exists, there are 2 recolors of every weapon. Meaning, if such a series were to exist, we would be seeing the "3rd tier".

Ironically, every weapon from the Fan set (Aristin/Patty/Hyperion/Twizzler) all drop in Ruins.

gigawuts
Mar 12, 2013, 10:38 PM
Yeah same here and dayum i totally forgot to buy those weps before the maint im hoping when servers go up i can sag a few before they sky rocket in price D:

@Giga So hellfret will be in the stone shop Q.Q?

Both looked like photos of either magazines or ordinary printouts that anyone, even I, could have shopped.

So yeah. It could EASILY be fake, but if any map was going to break the mold it would be mines - and both signo bravers and hellfrets are ordinary drops in mines.

They also don't have lambda variants. That alone makes them stand out. If not for the lambda belcard, I'd pick that as a candidate for the third pyrox spot for sure.

Then again, while I'd normally say enemy weapons are exempt, mines enemies seem to be amongst the very few that aren't candidates for rare reskins. So would that mean spardaions and spar mechguns are up for pyrox recoloring, since they can't be rare recolored? I mean, the signo blue will probably drop the recolored signo braver, so...that probably means two spots are available.

I'm just tossing out the bits of info we have, it's not anything to really base anything on. We'll know in a few hours anyways.

Laxedrane
Mar 12, 2013, 10:38 PM
I am kind of hoping for Evil crust as a droppable in this series of AQs:X

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 10:41 PM
Well I bought the hellfret just in case was hella cheap anyway back then...and as far as the other weps go....no not so good.

And then it begins.....

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 10:48 PM
*Pets Burn Spada* What?

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2013, 11:02 PM
I think you're thinking of Excellan Blade; Hellfret drops from El Ahdas.

You're right, whoops lol

We'll be seeing that too though. i imagine

Alisha
Mar 12, 2013, 11:02 PM
Aya's character looks like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH7Ly0T040w

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2013, 11:07 PM
She does appear to have a air of glamour, glitter, fashion and fame about her.

But is she truly outrageous?

...truly truly TRULY OUTRAGEOUS?

...The jury I think is still out on that one.

~Aya~
Mar 12, 2013, 11:08 PM
Aya's character looks like
Jem intro 1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH7Ly0T040w)

Dafuq did I just WATCH? I WAN MOAR!

supersonix9
Mar 12, 2013, 11:55 PM
well we can analyze and come to the conclusion that it is called jem

BlueCast Boy
Mar 12, 2013, 11:57 PM
So the capsule is the same like a is for nab and b is for amduscia and c is for lilipa, hope that the spellstone are the same on the new AQ.

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 12:00 AM
So the capsule is the same like a is for nab and b is for amduscia and c is for lilipa, hope that the spellstone are the same on the new AQ.

Not sure about stones mate, but the capsules are indeed the same. I don't think I'd count on the stones bein' the same though.

Ezodagrom
Mar 13, 2013, 12:04 AM
It's speculated that the capsules may be in a different order though, like capsule a for tunnels, capsule b for tundra, capsule c for skyland.

If it turns out like this, it's possible that in the future we'll be able to do complete planet tours in AQs, like this:
- forest (a) -> tundra (b) -> ruins (c)
- caves (b) -> skyland (c) -> dragon's altar (a)
- desert (c) -> tunnels (a) -> 3rd lillipa area (b)

Since this is speculation, it could be wrong.

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 12:06 AM
It's speculated that the capsules may be in a different order though, like capsule a for tunnels, capsule b for tundra, capsule c for skyland.

If it turns out like this, it's possible that in the future we'll be able to do complete planet tours in AQs, like this:
- forest (a) -> tundra (b) -> ruins (c)
- caves (b) -> skyland (c) -> dragon's altar (a)
- desert (c) -> tunnels (a) -> 3rd lillipa area (b)

Since this is speculation, it could be wrong.
Wasn't the answer to this posted on bumped?

Bear with me as I find it....

EDIT: From the holy grail of bumped.org itself (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-new-field-dragon-altar-pso2-broadcast-6/)

The new advance quests share the previous capsules (abc) pertaining to each planet.

however yeah, i guess it is a bit ambiguous.

BlueCast Boy
Mar 13, 2013, 12:08 AM
Really I haven;t seen any source of that on bumped.

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 12:10 AM
Really I haven;t seen any source of that on bumped.

got da edit in da club

BIG OLAF
Mar 13, 2013, 06:19 AM
It's pretty sad when you see some of those new weapons and go "sweet, I can't wait until I ge-......oh, right...I'm not going to get them. :disapprove:"

Sayara
Mar 13, 2013, 06:24 AM
Hi welcome to me.
Alledgedly this fancy partisan i got is so old that its older than me already >:C

The Cruel Coffin rcolor is ugly as all hell as i look at it (and can't make yet cuz lol stones!)

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 06:36 AM
yeah I sold mine for twice what I bought it for and called it good.

I'm hoping a Black Bellow drops or something. Upgrade isn't much better than what I have now but at least it's not ugly as sin.

Dextro
Mar 13, 2013, 06:42 AM
dat AQ Vardha....
It's such a huge leap in aggresiveness! non-stop missiles and arm swipes :-o

Alisha
Mar 13, 2013, 07:17 AM
theres also the fact that it moves.

Coatl
Mar 13, 2013, 07:18 AM
Vader moves now? Well he always use to move just very sluggishly.

Poubelle
Mar 13, 2013, 07:23 AM
dat AQ Vardha....
It's such a huge leap in aggresiveness! non-stop missiles and arm swipes :-o

That's weird, it seemed basically the same to me. Not really challenging.

Z-0
Mar 13, 2013, 07:29 AM
yeah Vardha always moved O_o

Coatl
Mar 13, 2013, 07:30 AM
You know what'd be sweet? Vader battle set with moving background like De rol le. Why haven't they done that yet? It could totally work, I think. ^^

Ce'Nedra
Mar 13, 2013, 07:32 AM
It's pretty sad when you see some of those new weapons and go "sweet, I can't wait until I ge-......oh, right...I'm not going to get them. :disapprove:"

Yeah this right there...So far I only managed to get a Digg Pillar from AQ and the red weapon troll series (Which replace PSO1's Photon Drops in term of red drops).

I would very much like to get my hands on the Crys Draal WL assuming they are in the AQ but I doubt I will ever get them.

Maybe lady luck will smile on me one day but I don't have any hopes...Also are there any Kradha and Kuklonadha in any of the new AQs? Might give me another chance at Ruins Charm and Blade Dance...

Z-0
Mar 13, 2013, 07:35 AM
Krahda spawns in Mines AQ.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 13, 2013, 07:37 AM
That's good news for me, might as well finnaly use my 250% rare ticket if I can get a nice risk level on Mines.

Any news on Kuklonadha?

Laxedrane
Mar 13, 2013, 08:18 AM
Yeah this right there...So far I only managed to get a Digg Pillar from AQ and the red weapon troll series (Which replace PSO1's Photon Drops in term of red drops).

I would very much like to get my hands on the Crys Draal WL assuming they are in the AQ but I doubt I will ever get them.

Maybe lady luck will smile on me one day but I don't have any hopes...Also are there any Kradha and Kuklonadha in any of the new AQs? Might give me another chance at Ruins Charm and Blade Dance...

Just stop looking and that's when that special something will come into your life.

Or is that saying for something else?

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2013, 09:19 AM
buy items you want but can't find in a few weeks like I am, lol

the rng isn't going to magically give you everything you're looking for, so stop burning yourself and just wait for 10* selling

Ce'Nedra
Mar 13, 2013, 10:27 AM
Oh I am waiting for that, but I'd hope I can get a few more 10* so I have something to sell AND to trade in for trading passes.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 09:25 PM
Ok so rare vardha of all things does give new units. stats wise they're slightly better than the vardha units with 166/124/124 defense vs 144/110/110. I don't have them so I don't know about hidden bonuses...one would assume same if not better (like say 75/2)

But get this:

606 T def(not a typo) to equip.

Fos win again!

ugh.

~Aya~
Mar 13, 2013, 09:28 PM
Ok so rare vardha of all things does give new units. stats wise they're slightly better than the vardha units with 166/124/124 defense vs 144/110/110. I don't have them so I don't know about hidden bonuses...one would assume same if not better (like say 75/2)

But get this:

Fos win again!

ugh.

Oh goodie. Moar OP gears plz

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 13, 2013, 09:38 PM

But get this:

Fos win again!

ugh.

So i just realize this after my friend brought it to my attention...

all i can say is.....what the.....

How does this make sense....
and on a better note...what's the R-def for new 10 unit? lol

BlueCast Boy
Mar 13, 2013, 09:44 PM

But get this:

Fos win again!

ugh.

606 T def I can't even equip that with my FO/TE even if I was lv 65 or something...wow could anybody equip this at lv 55?

Xaeris
Mar 13, 2013, 09:53 PM

But get this:

Fos win again!

ugh.

I consider it rather nice of them of saving me the trouble of hunting up a new set of units by slapping that requirement on it. Now I can just lol at it and move on. I assume the new Quartz and Schlact sets (if they exist) have similarly stupid requirements for S-Def and R-Def.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 13, 2013, 10:11 PM
Would have to have ?-def in MAG to use those provided the new units are all 606....

But seriouslly....Vardha for FO? o.0

Dextro
Mar 13, 2013, 10:13 PM
Would have to have ?-def in MAG to use those provided the new units are all 606....

But seriouslly....Vardha for FO? o.0

We didn't have enough S-Def, this solves our problem

Hrith
Mar 13, 2013, 10:43 PM
I like the idea of rotating the DEF requirement for units, really.
That means Agrani units will probably not require S-DEF, but most likely R-DEF.

Bantha Oran and Elena do not seem to drop new units in those advanced missions, though =/

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2013, 10:49 PM
That's a thought. I really don't want more banban units for HU, though. The king varda set would've been a better rotation direction IMO, but what's done is done.

Anyway, after the chrome set held to the same line of numbers as the varda/snowbanban/ragne units did, I'm inclined to see these units as more likely to be future difficulty content than current difficulty content. We're just getting them early.

Shinmarizu
Mar 13, 2013, 10:52 PM
I like the idea of rotating the DEF requirement for units, really.
That means Agrani units will probably not require S-DEF, but most likely R-DEF.

That's fine and all, but units with 606 def requirement are not something I'll be seeing myself equip for a long time. And I'll be damned if I'm going to give a mag a screwton of def or wasting away SP just to use them.

606 is not the best number to be seeing, when I can't even fathom equipping things like Zan or Fen units at this point in time anyway. And with the stat growth starting to plateau, I'll need a new level cap to equip them, more than likely.

So in retrospect, I don't need to worry about them for awhile.

That's a thought. I really don't want more banban units for HU, though. The king varda set would've been a better rotation direction IMO, but what's done is done.

Anyway, after the chrome set held to the same line of numbers as the varda/snowbanban/ragne units did, I'm inclined to see these units as more likely to be future difficulty content than current difficulty content. We're just getting them early.

Most likely.

Hrith
Mar 13, 2013, 10:55 PM
I agree King units should have required S-DEF, I really agree...

There is a rare Chrome Dragon, so maybe a Lv56+ one would drop new units, too ;s They concentrate on T-DEF, though.

@Shinmarizu: I cannot even use the Snow units at 489 T-DEF required with my Lv50/50 FO/TE, so...

Laxedrane
Mar 14, 2013, 08:55 AM
The weapons coming out of advance quest require at least + 100 attack either from tree or mag. I am not surprised the high end armor is asking the same amount(In this case at least + 120 T defense for a human male fo/te. I am sure there's another class with more T defense then Techer it's just techer has the +50 T defense on tree. let me look here.)

Edit: according to the skill simulator. Almost all classes have exactly the same base T defense but force >.> So yeah.

~Aya~
Mar 14, 2013, 08:57 AM
Troll requirements or someone at Sega gave up and face keyboarded.

Bellion
Mar 14, 2013, 09:03 AM
They could've put the King Vardha units at 707 T-def if they wanted to troll. >_>

~Aya~
Mar 14, 2013, 09:04 AM
They could've put the King Vardha units at 707 T-def if they wanted to troll. >_>

That would be obvious troll

Bellion
Mar 14, 2013, 09:09 AM
Of course it would be. We wouldn't be able to do anything about it if they were 707, though. You'd get the units and then wait until around lvl 70-80 to finally equip them. :]