PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 US release date?

Bowzer
Mar 13, 2013, 12:02 AM
I'm just trying to get an idea of when pso2 will come out for North America because I've been searching for news of it for a while and was wondering if I missed the announcement or something. So anybody have any ideas?

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 12:03 AM
No news since Summer, mate

Blackheart521
Mar 13, 2013, 12:03 AM
No more news as of yet other than sometime in 2013, oh and get ready for some "This thread again loooool" posts ^^;

Kondibon
Mar 13, 2013, 12:04 AM
No, Sega won't talk about it, and apparently the highers ups are forcing them to be all hush hush about it so even if they wanted to they can't.

That's why this thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204785) exists at all.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 12:10 AM
No more news as of yet other than sometime in 2013, oh and get ready for some "This thread again loooool" posts ^^;

This thread again >_>

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 12:12 AM
This thread again >_>

This guy again >-><3

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 12:12 AM
this this again

wow

Renvalt
Mar 13, 2013, 12:16 AM
This thread again >_>

What is it with Westerners and their xenophobia? You would think JAPAN would be the big culprit here in this case, but no, from what I'm seeing they're rather tolerant.

I mean, I can see the point of JP Only parties now - the island's size means that you're like to have zero issues with lag, and not to mention communication won't be an issue since everyone fluently speaks the same language, thus no need for simple Google Translate failzorz.

We're the only ones freaking out. A good number of us cannot or refuse to learn the language of the colony (in this case, Japanese), so I could see how they think us rude, xenophobically disrespectful gaijins.

It's not so much that we're invading, it's that a number of us are acting like the Crusaders when they took lands belonging to the Saladins - like barbaric mongrels, channeling zero intent to learn their customs and traditions; we're basically acting as if we haven't left our homes when theoretically we're in a foreign country, figuratively speaking.

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 12:18 AM
it all starts with katakana. baby steps people

Blackheart521
Mar 13, 2013, 12:19 AM

http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/articles/utp/intro/rosetta-stone.jpg

Poubelle
Mar 13, 2013, 12:21 AM
What is it with Westerners and their xenophobia? You would think JAPAN would be the big culprit here in this case, but no, from what I'm seeing they're rather tolerant.

I mean, I can see the point of JP Only parties now - the island's size means that you're like to have zero issues with lag, and not to mention communication won't be an issue since everyone fluently speaks the same language, thus no need for simple Google Translate failzorz.

We're the only ones freaking out. A good number of us cannot or refuse to learn the language of the colony (in this case, Japanese), so I could see how they think us rude, xenophobically disrespectful gaijins.

It's not so much that we're invading, it's that a number of us are acting like the Crusaders when they took lands belonging to the Saladins - like barbaric mongrels, channeling zero intent to learn their customs and traditions; we're basically acting as if we haven't left our homes when theoretically we're in a foreign country, figuratively speaking.

I don't think you know what xenophobia is.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 12:25 AM
I'm sorry, what? did you see the quote in my post? It was a damned joke.

And what's xenophobic about people getting tired of seeing the same question crop up once a week?

DO YOU KNOW WHAT XENOPHOBIA IS?

Personally I understand a good amount of japanese. Less now adays since I'm out of practice but I have a hell of a time with character recognition. Regardless I'm the last person to say we should be heavily catered to as outsiders, or did you not see the long bout I had with Syklo about political correctness being a sorry cover for guilt and ignorance? I mean hell all the important stuff is in kana anyway. you learn what it all is in a month if you care in the slightest and if you don't why are you playing the game on a foreign server anyway.

Get off your high horse and learn to take a goddamned joke.

Renvalt
Mar 13, 2013, 12:25 AM
I don't think you know what xenophobia is.

Probably not. My definition is basically absolute hatred of anyone who isn't like you in any way, shape, or form. In essence, what Westboro and the KKK are like.

Extremists and racists. That's what I see it as (considering that the way people have portrayed the Japanese to me, it's almost like they're their own KKK).

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 12:31 AM
Seeing as I know half Chinese half Japanese people with horror stories about living in japan due to their mixed background, I can tell you the intolerance is there.

From Webster's

xe·no·pho·bia noun \ˌze-nə-ˈfō-bē-ə, ˌzē-\

Definition of XENOPHOBIA

: fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign

Inazuma
Mar 13, 2013, 12:32 AM

Exactly. If you take a few weeks to learn katakana, you would be able to understand a great deal with it. That's because a lot of the game is actually in English already. If you know English and katakana, you are well on your way to playing Japanese games.

Japan uses a lot of English words, especially in video games. It's understandable if you aren't serious enough about games to learn an entire new language, but at least learn Katakana so you can understand all of the English words used.

Most item names, enemy names and also character names are written in Katakana too. Generally speaking, if you know English and katakana you can play and understand most Japanese games. You would mainly just be missing out dialogue and story elements. RPGs aside, you would be in very good shape.

Poubelle
Mar 13, 2013, 12:33 AM
Probably not. My definition is basically absolute hatred of anyone who isn't like you in any way, shape, or form. In essence, what Westboro and the KKK are like.

Extremists and racists. That's what I see it as (considering that the way people have portrayed the Japanese to me, it's almost like they're their own KKK).

Xenophobia is hatred of foreign things and foreign people. It's rampant in Japan due to its history and geography. While Japan is extremely Americanized nowadays, the xenophobia still very much exists there (there are many exceptions, especially with young people).

Those Japanese parties you're talking about are definitely xenophobic in some cases. Those players have the mindset that "foreigners are bad", "I don't want to play with a foreigner", and there's really no logic behind those statements. It's just plain xenophobia. In many cases, it doesn't even matter if that foreigner can read & write Japanese.

That behavior of barging in and acting like you own the place isn't really xenophobic. It's rude and disrespectful in some cases, but I definitely haven't seen any "xenophobia" among the English community. If anything they're the opposite (straight up weaboos). American people (yeah I know not everyone here is American) are usually NOT xenophobic. We are so used to foreign things due to our history and geography. Melting pot and all that... foreign stuff is natural to us.

I don't think you can really fault people for not knowing Japanese because it's not a very useful language to learn, so it isn't taught in schools. People who know Japanese went out of their way to learn it (which you can't expect someone to do specifically for PSO2) or they come from a Japanese family... etc.

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 13, 2013, 12:34 AM
It's never coming out
My daddy, who works at SEGA, said it was canceled

Sizustar
Mar 13, 2013, 12:35 AM
Xenophobia is hatred of foreign things and foreign people. It's rampant in Japan due to its history and geography. While Japan is extremely Americanized nowadays, the xenophobia still very much exists there (there are many exceptions, especially with young people).

Those Japanese parties you're talking about are definitely xenophobic in some cases. Those players have the mindset that "foreigners are bad", "I don't want to play with a foreigner", and there's really no logic behind those statements. It's just plain xenophobia. In many cases, it doesn't even matter if that foreigner can read & write Japanese.

That behavior of barging in and acting like you own the place isn't really xenophobic. It's rude and disrespectful but I definitely haven't seen any "xenophobia" among the English community. If anything they're the opposite (straight up weaboos).

I don't think you can really fault people for not knowing Japanese because it's not a very useful language to learn, so it isn't taught in schools. People who know Japanese went out of their way to learn it (which you can't expect someone to do specifically for PSO2) or they come from a Japanese family... etc.

The xeonphobic community in PSO2 are a vocal minority.
When there was talk of foreign IP ban, the majority of Japanese PSO2 player went to Sakai's blog and asked him not to implment such a feature.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 12:38 AM
It's never coming out
My daddy, who works at SEGA, said it was canceled

My uncle who works at sega says he fired your daddy two months ago and that he spends that time getting hammered at the nudie bar.

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 12:39 AM
my friend sine who doesn't work at sega just posted this in the us release date thread

Blackheart521
My uncle who works at sega says he fired your daddy two months ago and that he spends that time getting hammered at the nudie bar.

Your uncle gets hammered at the nudie bar?

Renvalt

That behavior of barging in and acting like you own the place isn't really xenophobic. It's rude and disrespectful but I definitely haven't seen any "xenophobia" among the English community. If anything they're the opposite (straight up weaboos). American people (yeah I know not everyone here is American) are usually NOT xenophobic. We are so used to foreign things due to our history and geography. Melting pot and all that... foreign stuff is natural to us.

Weeaboo, gaijin.... those two words coming from the mouth of a Japanese person feel the same to me as if a white guy was calling a black guy the "n" word.

Because I feel like xenophobia is the same thing as racial supremacy, I take it as hard as anyone who is discriminated against because of racism. But instead of get angry about it, I get intimidated.

It's why playing a Japanese game was a no-no for me - what with the apparent lack of desire to show the Japanese any form of respect here in the States (our main focus, according to the flaccid old white trash frogs, is to destroy the Islams and claim their oil fields - but then again, we have our own problems here in the land of the red white & blue).

Poubelle
Mar 13, 2013, 12:44 AM
Seems like your posts often go off on a tangent... it's a little hard to keep up.

Xenophobia isn't the same as racial supremacy. There is some similarities, though.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 12:44 AM
Your uncle gets hammered at the nudie bar?

My uncle is deeeeaaaaad.

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 12:45 AM
joke is over

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 12:47 AM
Weeaboo, gaijin.... those two words coming from the mouth of a Japanese person feel the same to me as if a white guy was calling a black guy the "n" word.

Because I feel like xenophobia is the same thing as racial supremacy, I take it as hard as anyone who is discriminated against because of racism. But instead of get angry about it, I get intimidated.

It's why playing a Japanese game was a no-no for me - what with the apparent lack of desire to show the Japanese any form of respect here in the States (our main focus, according to the flaccid old white trash frogs, is to destroy the Islams and claim their oil fields - but then again, we have our own problems here in the land of the red white & blue).

Racial supremacy is rooted in a fear of inferiority, layered with ignorance with a candy coating of some xenophobic tendencies

Xenophobia is largely based on cultural preservation and fear of change.

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 12:49 AM
the terms go hand in hand, problem solved.

Kondibon
Mar 13, 2013, 12:49 AM
How did this go from jokes about "This thread again" to xenophobia? Did I miss something?

Poubelle
Mar 13, 2013, 12:50 AM
Not sure, it was kind of random how he brought it up

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 12:51 AM
How did this go from jokes about "This thread again" to xenophobia? Did I miss something?

Nah you didn't trust me just get some popcorn and enjoy cause shit is about to get real.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 12:56 AM

Renvalt forgot to take his meds again

/thread

Macman
Mar 13, 2013, 01:00 AM
Idiots having to prove themselves over off-topic garbage.

Syklo
Mar 13, 2013, 01:05 AM
Everytime a thread like this pops up, it completely derails into something else.

The heck.
何これ!!?

DreamState83
Mar 13, 2013, 01:09 AM
Well, that escalated quickly...

Blackheart521
Mar 13, 2013, 01:10 AM
Maintenance brings out the worst in people ^^;

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 01:11 AM

it's like the E! channel

The Walrus
Mar 13, 2013, 01:13 AM
Aw man I missed a stupid argument again.

BlueCast Boy
Mar 13, 2013, 01:14 AM

Long patches are kinda heart breaking to me ^^;

Maronji
Mar 13, 2013, 01:14 AM
*clears throat*

So, uh... Anyone think they'll show something at PAX East? Or do you think Sega'll turn PSO2 into a no-show?

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 01:18 AM
this thread again >_>

The Walrus
Mar 13, 2013, 01:19 AM
I doubt they'll show anything tbh

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2013, 01:20 AM
*clears throat*

So, uh... Anyone think they'll show something at PAX East? Or do you think Sega'll turn PSO2 into a no-show?

There won't be anything at any shows, cons, etc. Ever.

Instead, in about a year Sega will announce they're closing down PSO2 EN.

It will turn out they released it in early March but forgot to tell anyone or update the website to link to the launcher.

Not even one person will have played it.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 13, 2013, 01:20 AM
*clears throat*

Doubt it.

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 01:22 AM
this thread again >_>

Here we go again >_>.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 01:23 AM
Here we go again >_>.

you love it

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 01:24 AM
you love it

Dun make Yuri crack out deh whip.

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 13, 2013, 01:25 AM
Dun make Yuri crack out deh whip.
don't you like that though? >_>

yoshiblue
Mar 13, 2013, 01:25 AM
Up, down all around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxkNzD5gIl8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxkNzD5gIl8

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 01:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1qQ-CXIB-4

Syklo
Mar 13, 2013, 01:28 AM
This is probably very unlikely, but since Australia is holding its first ever PAX sometime midyear (july 19-21 i think), it's possible they're having a pso2 demo then, and revealing more info afterwards.

Up, down all around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxkNzD5gIl8

This is fucking awesome; made the level on Generations that much more fun.

ReaperTheAbsol
Mar 13, 2013, 01:35 AM
wow omg this thread agen y u ppl maek dis evry week

OT: It's still fairly early in this year.
Of course "early" can be defined in more than one way, but the threshold of what determines whether news is early or late lies on an indefinite line.
I wouldn't be worried about the lack of information until July or later.

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 01:43 AM
don't you like that though? >_>

SILLENCE HEIFER!!!

jerrykun
Mar 13, 2013, 01:45 AM
What a worthless bunch of no brain foul apes you are. What you do is qq for entire day useless whelps.
These are slight issues that you probably wont even notice assuming that you are brainless enough to qq here for no reason. Learn to play first then learn friggin Japanese.
Do you want a US release? Show them you're not an ass, they're all watching you, you are on their territory after all. SEGA is watching you shits.
Do you want SEGA to announce the shut down of PSO2 US project? Keep acting like a fucking parasite, forget about Japanese, and keep thinking you own this fucking game, it's THEIR game, it's in THEIR fucking language, they OBVIOUSLY care if you ruin their game somehow.
Will you continue about qq on no US news? Show them some respect, show them you dogs deserve the prize of their game being released on your language.
Learn to counter brain cancer scums.
I will receive negative replies no wonder. And I'm dead sure they are B20 player kids that suck balls at Dark Falz and Time Attacks :)

I don't care if there is an English patch, you agree to SEGA's terms every single time you log in game. SEGA can screw you anytime for all they care, this being said, you all better learn their language or try to communicate with them, or isolate your ass somewhere far from JPs (B20, for example) and stop being a nuisance if you want a western release.

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 01:51 AM
What a worthless bunch of no brain foul apes you are. What you do is qq for entire day useless whelps.
These are slight issues that you probably wont even notice assuming that you are brainless enough to qq here for no reason. Learn to play first then learn friggin Japanese.
Do you want a US release? Show them you're not an ass, they're all watching you, you are on their territory after all. SEGA is watching you shits.
Do you want SEGA to announce the shut down of PSO2 US project? Keep acting like a fucking parasite, forget about Japanese, and keep thinking you own this fucking game, it's THEIR game, it's in THEIR fucking language, they OBVIOUSLY care if you ruin their game somehow.
Will you continue about qq on no US news? Show them some respect, show them you dogs deserve the prize of their game being released on your language.
I will receive negative replies no wonder. And I'm dead sure they are B20 player kids that suck balls at Dark Falz and Time Attacks :)

I don't care if there is an English patch, you agree to SEGA's terms every single time you log in game. SEGA can screw you anytime for all they care, this being said, you all better learn their language or try to communicate with them, or isolate your ass somewhere far from JPs (B20, for example) and stop being a nuisance if you want a western release.

BURRRRRRNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

Noc Codez
Mar 13, 2013, 01:51 AM
LOCK PLS

jerrykun
Mar 13, 2013, 01:54 AM
BURRRRRRNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha, I'm dying!

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 01:54 AM
*deletes game*

I R SHAME

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 01:56 AM
hahahaha, I'm dying!

LOL i was loling myself it was to funny to pass up 8D~

Poubelle
Mar 13, 2013, 01:59 AM

How some English people act on the JP server isn't going to affect the localization of PSO2 in any way.

It's like you don't even understand the concept of business.

Kondibon
Mar 13, 2013, 02:00 AM

What does this have to with anything, all the OP asked was if we knew anything about the English release.

Kion
Mar 13, 2013, 02:06 AM
Japanese Xenophobia as well as Western bias of Japanese Xenophobia are hard to actuall pin down. With the western release or Japanese players view of western players, it doesn't matter if it's actually xenophobia. It's more just fun to run around using using it as an mcguffin mechanism. Like a black guy going, "it's because I'm black right!!??" for every little thing.

As for the english release, Japan is stocking up on chapter 9 and 10 and they're finishing up with the vita release. So they maybe trying to make time to work on the Western release. I get the feeling that they announced it with the intention of supporting it, got caught up with the Japanese version being so successful and it probably fell to the wayside. But honestly for Sega they're player base is pretty niche, if they need to spend time to counter act hacking, also not to mention supporting updates for two servers they might have decided that it's not worth their time.

Mostly it would be nice to at least get some idea of what's going with Sega. The Japanese version is always going to be ahead in content, but the weapon names are on the server, the player website is in Japanese, and people have to jump through hoops to buy AC, so there definitely are merits to having an official english release. That's kind of why I've been trying to get contact in Sega to try and see where they're at with the process. I mean the community has solved quite a few issues with the game implementation in english. I mean Cirnopedia has all of the item names in English, Agrajag has the patch program, and I'm almost caught up on the story already.

Edit: Oh right, I forgot where I was posting for a second... herp-derp-derp.

jerrykun
Mar 13, 2013, 02:12 AM
How some English people act on the JP server isn't going to affect the localization of PSO2 in any way.

It's like you don't even understand the concept of business.

Oh you're right, so this means I can go into a Japanese McDonalds and do whatever I want, it's McDonalds after all, right? It won't hurt their business, right? It's not like their culture would matter at all coz I'm in McDonalds, right?

DreamState83
Mar 13, 2013, 02:13 AM
I don't know what happened, honestly. I remember in PSO1 on the dreamcast days I imported it and made friends with a LOT of Japanese players. There was never any bias at all.

Now all this talk of hatred across nations is quite unsettling. We get enough of that on the news, so lets all be nice and friendly. Sheesh!

gigawuts
Oh you're right, so this means I can go into a Japanese McDonalds and do whatever I want, it's McDonalds after all, right? It won't hurt their business, right? It's not like their culture would matter at all coz I'm in McDonalds, right?

...Yes, exactly. What you do in a Japanese McDonalds does not affect whether or not they'll open up a new franchise in the US.

Poubelle

... correct

jerrykun
Mar 13, 2013, 02:18 AM
aight guys, I'll go read some manga, keep dreaming on western release, bye~

Kondibon
Mar 13, 2013, 02:19 AM
I don't know what happened, honestly. I remember in PSO1 on the dreamcast days I imported it and made friends with a LOT of Japanese players. There was never any bias at all.

Now all this talk of hatred across nations is quite unsettling. We get enough of that on the news, so lets all be nice and friendly. Sheesh!This has actually been on my mind too. It feels like people are overgeneralizing then expecting everyone else to overgeneralize back.

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2013, 02:19 AM
"Hey boss, a shitload of foreigners are on our server. Looks like they'd pay us a ton of cash if we just copied the files to a new server. Should we do anything about it and make a ton of money?"

"No, PSOFAN321 said doodie."

Syklo
Mar 13, 2013, 02:23 AM
It won't hurt the business.
It'll only hurt you.

blace
Mar 13, 2013, 02:28 AM
Hey! I found out the release! Click here (http://www.smouch.net/lol)!

But in all seriousness, just wait. If that doesn't work for you, wait some more. Patience is a virtue and you can't rush everything.

jerrykun
Mar 13, 2013, 02:28 AM
Yeah it's good giving money to SEGA.

jerrykun
Mar 13, 2013, 02:29 AM
It won't hurt the business.
It'll only hurt you.

Yeah, won't make customers leave the place.

Poubelle
Mar 13, 2013, 02:34 AM
Just stop jerrykun. You don't understand how the world works.

Poubelle
Mar 13, 2013, 02:37 AM
I'll explain it though (since I'm a nice guy).

The world operates on money.

jerrykun
Mar 13, 2013, 02:37 AM
Just stop jerrykun. You don't understand how the world works.

It works with money.

Edit: ninja'd

Shadowth117
Mar 13, 2013, 02:38 AM
Double double posting for the win?

Poubelle
Mar 13, 2013, 02:39 AM
Then how can you not understand that your thinking is all messed up?

SEGA will make tons of money from PSO2 NA. It's coming (slowly but surely) and what a handful of English players do & say on the JP server plays no part in the matter.

jerrykun
Mar 13, 2013, 02:41 AM
Then how can you not understand that your thinking is all messed up?

SEGA will make tons of money from PSO2 NA. It's coming (slowly but surely) and what a handful of English players do & say on the JP server plays no part in the matter.

How is it messed up? I already said you were right... you're hard to safisfy, want some money?

Quoting myself:

By the way, it wasn't sarcasm.

Sayara
Mar 13, 2013, 06:14 AM
When we get more information about someone be it here, some gaming site or bumped will mention it.
Til then!