PDA

View Full Version : New Pyroxene Shop Items - 3/13 Update

jerrykun
Mar 13, 2013, 12:46 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=1090

It just says they added more, yet it doesn't display them.

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 12:47 AM
omg the suspense is killing sine

---------

Also, that partisan looks quite attractive.

Xaeris
Mar 13, 2013, 12:50 AM
I like what they did with the Gekisnata. It was pretty big in PSU, so slimming it down was a good choice.

Shadowth117
Mar 13, 2013, 12:51 AM
That partizan looks so much better without PSU's garish photon glow on it.

BlueCast Boy
Mar 13, 2013, 12:51 AM
omg the suspense is killing sine

---------

Also, that partisan looks quite attractive.

Kinda looks like a saber.

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 13, 2013, 12:52 AM
That partizan looks so much better without PSU's garish photon glow on it.

yes yes yes yes yes fuck yes

supersonix9
i concur

Blackheart521
Screw the partisan... dat Dragonslayer O_O

Bellion
Mar 13, 2013, 12:53 AM
:[] Gekitsnata....
Dragon Slayer looks pretty good.

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 12:54 AM
question is: which AQ drops geki?

Poubelle
Mar 13, 2013, 12:55 AM
question is: which AQ drops geki?

How would anyone know...?

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 12:56 AM
How would anyone know...?

this is where the word speculation comes in to play

an enjoyable pastime for any boring maintenance

Drifting Fable
Mar 13, 2013, 12:57 AM
Unfortunately I was a fan of the large oversized joust, but I suppose this one looks kind of alright. I'll need a better look at it though.

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 12:58 AM
Dayum that Dragon Slayer is sexy does this mean that the dragon from psp2 will be in here as a extra boss?

Back on psp2 it appeared as a rainbow colored portal at the end to the bosses of stages you did and you had to fight this dark mutated w/e dragon lol and he sword he dropped looks damn near identical to this one.

OMFG if this is gonna be like i think it is i swear.....

Shadowth117
Mar 13, 2013, 12:59 AM
I wonder if rare chrome will drop Dragon Slayer? It would kinda fit, but I'm not sure that they actually want to make something like that come from him.

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 12:59 AM
Dayum that Dragon Slayer is sexy does this mean that the dragon from psp2 will be in here as a extra boss?

Back on psp2 it appeared as a rainbow colored portal at the end to the bosses of stages you did and you had to fight this dark mutated w/e dragon lol and he sword he dropped looks damn near identical to this one.

one of my friends said it should drop from quartz dragon

Poubelle
Mar 13, 2013, 01:02 AM

Umm, they're adding new Advance Quests, not whatever your'e talking about.

Tundra, Tunnels, & Floating Continent. That sword is more than likely from AQ Quartz. pretty much the only drop we can safely predict.

Ezodagrom
Mar 13, 2013, 01:03 AM
I wonder if rare chrome will drop Dragon Slayer? It would kinda fit, but I'm not sure that they actually want to make something like that come from him.
The page is for today's update, rare chrome is only being released in march 27, so it's not the rare chrome that will drop it.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 01:14 AM

that's the same dragon slayer from PSO Ep 1&2

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-DRAGON_SLAYER-ACTION-1.jpg

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2013, 01:15 AM
Dragon slayer in PSO2 looks a lot sexier than I expected. I never liked the PSO1 look, but that's damn fine. I'd swing that around, if you know what I mean.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 01:16 AM
WOAHOAH Giga, don't swing something that big indoors! That there's fer choppin' wood!

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 01:18 AM
Umm, they're adding new Advance Quests, not whatever your'e talking about.

Tundra, Tunnels, & Floating Continent. That sword is more than likely from AQ Quartz. pretty much the only drop we can safely predict.

About the AQ alrdy know fonzie.

@Sociable thx for that kinda got hyped and started spazzing LOL.

jerrykun
Mar 13, 2013, 02:06 AM
I'll rush to the Pyroxene shop as soon as server goes up and at the same time I'll watch dem prices sky-rocketing.

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2013, 03:06 AM
Since it hasn't been said yet, new colors are

Pink Belk, Noise Blower, and Block Bellow (hngh yes)
Red/Green Tundra weapons
Red FC weapons

Xaeris
Mar 13, 2013, 03:07 AM
Servers are up. The weapons that have been pyro'ed are as follows:

Tundra stones: Cruel Flouga, Cruel Coffin, Vifroze

Tunnels stones: Black Bellow, Belk Wrecker, Noise Blower

Skyland stones: Tourmalinca, Gramasciento, Jade Racion

Poubelle
Mar 13, 2013, 03:08 AM
Since it hasn't been said yet, new colors are

Pink Belk, Noise Blower, and Block Bellow (hngh yes)
Red/Green Tundra weapons
Red FC weapons

you're gonna have to be more specific for me as to what you're saying.

Servers are up. The weapons that have been pyro'ed are as follows:

Tundra stones: Cruel Flouga, Cruel Coffin, Vifroze

Tunnels stones: Black Bellow, Belk Wrecker, Noise Blower

Skyland stones: Tourmalinca, Gramasciento, Jade Racion

thanks.

Xaeris
Mar 13, 2013, 03:09 AM
lol, Tourmalinca is 1 million already. That was fast.

Poubelle
Mar 13, 2013, 03:10 AM
what are the weapon types of the new Pyro weapons? I don't know them by name. I'll go on in a few minutes, but if you wanna tell me.

Xaeris
Mar 13, 2013, 03:11 AM
1x Twin Dagger
2x Gunslash
2x Rod
1x Double Saber
1x Wired Lance
1x TMG
1x Knuckles

Exiled_Gundam
Mar 13, 2013, 03:16 AM
haha in Ship 8, it's already 1m since the day there was announcement about the 3 new AQs

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2013, 03:17 AM
He means down. Five minutes ago it was 1.4m

Cruel Coffins went from 4.7m 10 minutes ago to 3m now. I am lolling.

Xaeris
Mar 13, 2013, 03:19 AM
It so happens I have a Tourmalinca in my bank that I used to use. Think I'm going to skip on pyro'ing it though. It's only barely stronger than Surukurai, the potential is garbage, and **** if I'm grinding a 10* for a marginal boost.

On a side note, how are all them Belk Wreckers looking, giga?

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2013, 03:21 AM
The ones every single person I do runs with has, if not more than one? Fabulous. They tell me they look fabulous.

Not that they actually use them.

TehblackUchiha
Mar 13, 2013, 03:22 AM
So i listed these i while back when i predicted these were the proxene weapons and i bought 10 cruel flougas put them on for 500k each and 2 vifrost for 10 mil each.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo16/parasol_2008/pso20130312_191335_000_zpse11416aa.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo16/parasol_2008/pso20130312_191343_001_zpsb3ffa821.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Logged in at 4:00 to find out... I'M RICH BEOTCH *honk* *honk* :D

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo16/parasol_2008/pso20130313_040700_000_zps6624d6cc.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

The other vifrost didn't sell yet, I also have a cornelia didn't put that on the market yet and i bought all those other rares for myself.

Bellion
Mar 13, 2013, 03:29 AM
Hope I’m reading the Katakana correctly and not mi staking the b’s and p’s since I can barely see the m on my screen.
ロッソヴァルカー(Rossovarukaa):423Base S-atk、803 S-atk +10  WL
ストレイブローヴァ(Sutoreiburoova):340Base S-atk、646S-atk + 10 DS
ロエリアベロウ(Roeriaberou):387Base S-atk、735S-atk +10;34 8Base R-atk、661R-atk+10 GS
クラペルニクス(Kuraperunikusu):326 Base S-atk、619S-atk +1 0 TD
ルージュコフィン(Ruujukofin):395 Base S-atk、750S-atk +10;3 55 Base R-atk、674 R-atk +10 GS
メリオフロース(Meriofuroosu):494Base T-atk、938+10;371Base  S-atk、 704 +10 Rod
レミルネリア(Remiruneria):420 Base T-atk、 798+10;459 Bas e S-atk、 872+10 Wand
ルペウスラシオン(Rupeusurashion):482 Base S-atk、915 S-atk  +10 Knuckles
フリートマリンカ(Furiitomarinka):466Base R-atk、885+1 0. TMG
ルビアシェント(Rubiashento):503Base T-atk、955+10; 378S-at k、718+10 Rod

Hope I didn’t make any mistakes.

Exiled_Gundam
Mar 13, 2013, 03:33 AM
So i listed these i while back when i predicted these were the proxene weapons and i bought 10 cruel flougas put them on for 500k each and 2 vifrost for 10 mil each.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo16/parasol_2008/pso20130312_191335_000_zpse11416aa.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo16/parasol_2008/pso20130312_191343_001_zpsb3ffa821.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Logged in at 4:00 to find out... I'M RICH BEOTCH *honk* *honk* :D

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo16/parasol_2008/pso20130313_040700_000_zps6624d6cc.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

The other vifrost didn't sell yet, I also have a cornelia didn't put that on the market yet and i bought all those other rares for myself.
Actually I do think some of the buyers are buying it for reselling :P

TehblackUchiha
Mar 13, 2013, 03:39 AM

Cruel flougas are back at 198k and vifrost is at 2mil, i still think i made the best profit possible for now. The price spike when these items are first found out are tremendous and they get bought like crazy. But people start putting them out cheaper and cheaper and it ends up being less potential money made. Still think i made a good choice :D

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 03:39 AM

Don't worry all this is gonna do is start an undercutting war~

@Uchiha BEST MOVE EVER BRO GOOD SHITS!

Exiled_Gundam
Mar 13, 2013, 03:40 AM
Cruel flougas are back at 198k and vifrost is at 2mil, i still think i made the best profit possible for now. The price spike when these items are first found out are tremendous and they get bought like crazy. But people start putting them out cheaper and cheaper and it ends up being less potential money made. Still think i made a good choice :D
I'm jelly now :3

Kyonnn
Mar 13, 2013, 03:53 AM
So these are the new stuff from the update? How do I access them? I have AC that I haven't spent

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 04:19 AM
Funny, the price on cruel coffins doubled on my ship. they were 300k last week, went up to 800 yesterday. they're 1.7-1.9mil now.

really wish I spent my money on like 10 of the damned things. I'd be sitting on an extra 10-15 mil easy

CelestialBlade
Mar 13, 2013, 04:28 AM
Oh damn, I thought the new pyroxene Double Saber was gonna be the Zonfret that someone datamined. Oh well, chances are Noise Blower drops fairly easily from the AQ itself.

Syklo
Mar 13, 2013, 04:42 AM
I'm glad I bought a fair amount of flougas when they were 1-5k a piece.

Now to grab 90x10 stones for element grinding

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 04:42 AM
Dunno about that....one stag in about 60 forest runs.

Demon-
Mar 13, 2013, 06:28 AM
Good thing I have most of these weapons already. Also good thing I didn't kill myself trying to grind Noise Blower yet.

CelestialBlade
Mar 13, 2013, 06:44 AM
Dunno about that....one stag in about 60 forest runs.
Which is quite a bit better than my average luck, so I'll take it.

Upgraded Noise Blower at +10 with its given abilities would put it in the mid-600s or so ATK-wise, making it reasonably good but nothing I'll go nuts over. Still, nice to have new things to strive for.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 13, 2013, 07:38 AM
I'd take any 10* dub that's not from the falz shop tbh (its ugly as fk >: )

Reiketsu
Mar 13, 2013, 08:33 AM
Bleh, I want the new WL, but first I'd need Bergwerker which is a fricking 10* =_=
Why turn a 10* into a 10*? I just wanna buy that shit, collect the stones and turn it in like I did with Old Device... ;_;

CelestialBlade
Mar 13, 2013, 08:37 AM
Bleh, I want the new WL, but first I'd need Bergwerker which is a fricking 10* =_=
Why turn a 10* into a 10*? I just wanna buy that shit, collect the stones and turn it in like I did with Old Device... ;_;
That's kinda how I feel about Noise Blower, seems kinda silly to transform a 10* into a 10* even though the stat gain is decent. I remember seeing an apparently-datamined image of an upgraded Helfret and I fully expected that to be in this update, really odd that they went this route. Oh well.

Hrith
Mar 13, 2013, 08:55 AM
The list of weapons had been known for a while. You forgot Corneria, a damn nice wand once upgraded.

All weapons upgradeable through AQ stones drop in one area (and not from darkers) and are themed (fire, ice, lightning, wind, etc.)

It will not be until a long while, but I'm guessing the next batch will include all Ruins weapons (Ruins Charm, Leeuwenbook, Plosion, Fossiletrix, Latria Rain).

You know a game is already stretching content when new item trades do not impact the prices of base weapons, lol.

Z-0
Mar 13, 2013, 09:20 AM
Cocona, that was a faked image to try and make money off people suddenly freaking out and buying them.

Reiketsu
Mar 13, 2013, 09:24 AM
And it worked. I sold mine, lol
I wish they would do that more often...

CelestialBlade
Mar 13, 2013, 09:37 AM
For all the shit I give people for putting too much trust in datamined stuff (or what appeared to be datamined), you'd think I'd follow my own advice :wacko:

*'shops some red-shaded 9*s*

Ezodagrom
Mar 13, 2013, 09:39 AM
Well, the upgraded hellfret picture wasn't really from datamining, it was apparently faked from a magazine scan?

Well, there are icons for other versions of the hellfret in the icons list (blue and pinkish red), but those could just be normal enemy drops (whenever they're added to the game), like the lambda weapons and such.

Insane food dish
Mar 13, 2013, 10:18 AM

But that's no fun. ^^

jooozek
Mar 13, 2013, 11:12 AM
loooooooooooooooool @ new weapons requiring 10* weapons
SEGAC you really want to sell premium right
only segac would come up with brilliant ideas like locking out endgame weapons to either one in a million chance or the pay2win route
brilliant

MetalDude
Mar 13, 2013, 11:23 AM
Wait, so they give us the ability to cube 10*'s we don't need and then decide that we suddenly need them for the best weapons? I realize a lot of foresight would have been needed to catch this, but it also would have helped if the stupid things weren't untradeable to begin with.

Really fucking cool.

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2013, 11:26 AM
lol @ everyone who ever cubed 10*'s

"hey this item is untradable and people would want it if they could get it, I think I'll turn it into something I get two of every 1.2m experience points"

great idea guys that will never be useful for anything else, ever, ever, ever, no matter what, ever

jooozek
Mar 13, 2013, 11:32 AM
SEGAC logic
"hey guys have some untradeable items"
"hey guys too bad you cant trade them"
"hey guys you can now recycle"
"hey guys it smelled like money so we went fullretard and now you will have to pay premium if you want to trade those things that you just got rid"
if you justify this
you gotta be SEGACs goon

CelestialBlade
Mar 13, 2013, 11:34 AM
I've never cubed a 10*, I get too damn happy when I actually find one :P

Yeah, they're definitely promoting premium by doing this, which is perfectly fine, but it's flirting dangerously with "pay to win" especially with 10* drop rates as impossibly bad as they are. Obviously they should seek to give you incentive to buy premium, but trying to make a tier of weaponry that much harder to get to for non-premium users isn't a good way of doing so, in my opinion.

Not saying rares should be effortless to obtain, but at least making the upgradable weapons 9* would be a little more fair.

MetalDude
Mar 13, 2013, 11:34 AM
They still haven't added anything new to the Excube shop in a while either so yeah. Good work there.

So clearly the conspiracy is horde everything ever, enough to require buying more storage and then you'll be rewarded with nearly the best weapons in the game.

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2013, 11:36 AM
SEGAC logic
"hey guys have some untradeable items"
"hey guys too bad you cant trade them"
"hey guys you can now recycle"
"hey guys it smelled like money so we went fullretard and now you will have to pay premium if you want to trade those things that you just got rid"
if you justify this
you gotta be SEGACs goon

If you didn't see exactly this coming you gotta be pretty slow

welcome to f2p

it's a brave new world

MetalDude
Mar 13, 2013, 11:38 AM
Welp, that'd be the issue. This is my first F2P game outside of Hat Simulator with Guns 2.

Shinra Sgt Zero
Mar 13, 2013, 11:40 AM
WOAHOAH Giga, don't swing something that big indoors! That there's fer choppin' wood!

lmao ikr

jooozek
Mar 13, 2013, 11:42 AM

welcome to f2p

it's a brave new world

more like
welcome to f2p segac edition
you clearly need to go play more than 1 f2p game to see
how terrible f2p segac edition is
like seriously
get real :-?

MetalDude
Mar 13, 2013, 11:50 AM
It's like when my professor said how more games are moving to online only (god damn EA needs to burn out already) and I made the most audible "Ugh..." in the whole auditorium.

Alenoir
Mar 13, 2013, 01:17 PM
more like
welcome to f2p segac edition
you clearly need to go play more than 1 f2p game to see
how terrible f2p segac edition is
like seriously
get real :-?

Where every single upgrade pass 3 have a chance to fail and destroy the equip, with the success rate to go from +9 to +10 to be around 8%; Where all the upgrade materials pass the first 3 upgrade will require you to buy for about 10mil off a player or pay some cash for them; Where the best equipment (and hats) come from your bi-weekly gacha/random box that costs RL money (or 50mil off other players); Where your costumes are paid with real money and rented for a duration of 7 days, or 50 bucks to own it.

What else have I missed?

Poubelle
Mar 13, 2013, 01:21 PM

welcome to f2p

it's a brave new world

... this is a terrible excuse.

I don't think I've ever seen a F2P game that restricts its users so much. Even users who are Premium may constantly find themselves paying much extra for basic features. You could find yourself paying $50 monthly for basic features in PSO2.

jooozek
Mar 13, 2013, 01:22 PM
What else have I missed?

you missed the point

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2013, 01:30 PM
Excuse? Rofl fucking what. What am I excusing? I'm stating the reality. You don't like reality? That's not my fault, or my problem.

This is me going "I told you so." Sega can and will do anything to make players trash what they have, then make what they used to have valuable. They will do anything to screw the majority of the players into having to spend money to keep up their progress.

All you guys brought it on yourselves for waiting until it actually happened to make a fuss. I said all of this kind of bullshit would be coming ages ago. Don't look at me like it's my fault or like I like it simply because I'm not making a fuss anymore, I was the one saying to get mad before it happened when my reaction was "oh please, stop being so negative, have some faith, the game hasn't even been out six months! when did very hard every have good items?"

Laughing. Out. Loud.

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 01:41 PM
... this is a terrible excuse.

I don't think I've ever seen a F2P game that restricts its users so much. Even users who are Premium may constantly find themselves paying much extra for basic features. You could find yourself paying $50 monthly for basic features in PSO2.

lol it is opposite day I see

Eternal255
Mar 13, 2013, 01:43 PM
frost dagger was my favorite, glad they're using its model again.

if only it were possible for me to EVER find an AQ group on my ship....

The Walrus
Mar 13, 2013, 02:05 PM
If only it didn't get such a shitty new color scheme

Xaeris
Mar 13, 2013, 02:06 PM
I was just thinking they look like snow that's been peed on.

Eternal255
Mar 13, 2013, 02:12 PM
I was just thinking they look like snow that's been peed on.

hahahahha thats great! xD

anyone got a picture of em? what's the damage look like on them?

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2013, 02:12 PM
They're christmas colors man, red and green.

Eternal255
Mar 13, 2013, 02:15 PM
oh. ew.

i hate both those colors D:

Zyrusticae
Mar 13, 2013, 02:19 PM
So clearly the conspiracy is horde everything ever, enough to require buying more storage and then you'll be rewarded with nearly the best weapons in the game.
Funny, I've never had more than a handful of rares in storage at a time. Most of the stuff I DO have in storage is mag or affix fodder.

Rares drop so infrequently for me that there's no chance in hell of me even filling up my basic storage with that stuff.

MetalDude
Mar 13, 2013, 02:34 PM
Used to have a shit ton of bad rares including several Metalsolidoms. Even found an Ikutachi a month before AQs were brought up.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 02:43 PM
yeah exactly, I had a ton of that stuff that I either put up for sale or in some cases vendored cause 1k meseta wasn't worth the effort. now some of those same weapons cost a small fortune.

GreenArcher
Mar 13, 2013, 03:15 PM
I really don't understand the shitstorm some people are having. I've bought premium for 1 month, a shop for 1 month, 3 mags, and 2 skill trees. 3900 AC across 9 months, thats about $60 with all the markups on webmoney? That's the cost of a new game. Not once have I felt limited by the cash shop. I really don't see how PSO2's business model is so terrible.

..and if you're going to throw a hissyfit every time anything changes, online games aren't for you.

Xaeris
Mar 13, 2013, 03:28 PM
Argh, why did they have to change the order of the ship list? I keep clicking where Ship 2 used to be and having to do an extra step to go back. Yeah, it's probably to encourage the new Vita players to go to the less crowded ships, and I'll get used to it, but in the meantime, argh.

jooozek
Mar 13, 2013, 03:40 PM
..and if you're going to throw a hissyfit every time anything changes, online games aren't for you.

just dont throw a hissy fit when the 10* and higher you want never drops for you (because SEGAC abyssmal droprates lulz)
and you will have to pay the monthly sub to even get a chance of getting one
from the trade system
and every weapon from spellstone shop will start requiring 10*
oh wait, some already require :-?

i dont know what sits in your mind to tell someone they are throwing a hissy fit when SEGAC pulls off shit like that

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 03:44 PM
Argh, why did they have to change the order of the ship list? I keep clicking where Ship 2 used to be and having to do an extra step to go back. Yeah, it's probably to encourage the new Vita players to go to the less crowded ships, and I'll get used to it, but in the meantime, argh.

LMFAO same I feel retarded every time i do this.

Sega derping way to hard after that patch.

Also im glad to see that almost everyone one of those rares in the proxeyne shop i go to my storage and i have those exact copies the whole time LOL.

I keep forgetting that rares i get i fork to my storage just in case something good happens and now look sega throws money my way I made a killing off that shit.

Of course i saved some for myself also red version of Jade Racyion stronger than elder fist? I will take that any day as I do like it way better than those elder wep skins..fucking hated em.

Z-0
Mar 13, 2013, 03:45 PM
what's so bad about paying a monthly sub

fast fact: while a game may be advertised as F2P, and is F2P, you're not really supposed to play for free, because then how does sega make any money?

jooozek
Mar 13, 2013, 03:46 PM
what's so bad about paying a monthly sub

fast fact: while a game may be advertised as F2P, and is F2P, you're not really supposed to play for free, because then how does sega make any money?

char slots
mags
skill trees
shop pass
char makeover ticket
gacha

was that hard?

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 03:46 PM
just dont throw a hissy fit when the 10* and higher you want never drops for you (because SEGAC abyssmal droprates lulz)
from the trade system

i dont know what sits in your mind to tell someone they are throwing a hissy fit when SEGAC pulls off shit like that

Cause OBV they like to flaunt that they dropped monies worth on the game?:wacko:

MetalDude
Mar 13, 2013, 03:48 PM
I don't find there to be a major issue with paying a sub in that it creates a requirement for the devs to keep producing worthwhile content. Nothing interesting to do in the game? Cut your sub off. F2P can get away with really petty things that ultimately detract from the game.

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 03:51 PM
I don't find there to be a major issue with paying a sub in that it creates a requirement for the devs to keep producing worthwhile content. Nothing interesting to do in the game? Cut your sub off. F2P can get away with really petty things that ultimately detract from the game.

Idk I haven't hit a milestone yet that has thwarted my progression that has made me want to stop playing or saying that the game isn't worth playing guess some ppl are getting fed up?

GreenArcher
Mar 13, 2013, 04:04 PM
from the trade system

So what you're telling me is that you're mad you can't instantly get all the best gear, and that Sega wants our money?

We've got a scholar over here, folks.

MetalDude
Mar 13, 2013, 04:05 PM
You don't feel most of it early or midgame. I have nearly all of my classes to level 50, have grinded around 7 or 8 10*'s to +10, and played for a large sum of hours. The one thing that keeps me playing is teammates because progression feels both pointless and irritating to approach. I like how passively yet successfully I can play this game while also having a good time with fiends.

EDIT: GreenArcher, the rates are shit. Don't act like there can't be a decent compromise where rares can be found within a reasonable amount of time. PWand hunts in PSO were expected to take forever because it's an incredible weapon but if it took me two months to hunt down a Red Sword or Chain Sawd, it'd be entirely unreasonable.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 04:25 PM
Well the issue is content wise, the game hit a dryspell months ago and all we've been doing is playing the same areas with certain events trying to keep old content fresh and new even though it's not. If the drop rates were a bit better playing the same areas might not be so discouraging; but as it is, I have friends who are just plain angry at sega and this game for making(a term I use loosely) them play the same places over and over again and getting no sense of progression.

As much fun as the game can be, even AQs are very much just rehashing the same content enticing you to go back with a weak promise of new shinies but nothing genuinely new is added to the game. We're finally getting this new area in the coming weeks - which is great, but didn't Sega originally say 7 planets and all this other stuff? the game's been out since July and some of us have been playing the game since the alpha so about 30-40% of the content was old news before the game's release. For those of us who've invested 1500+ hours in this game, many of us could easily add a few hundred from prerelease experiences. We've been doing the same things for long enough to qualify as insanity while Sega drip feeds RNG based content that many of us STILL haven't seen. Personally I'm convinced the Darker's Den area AND Parallel Worlds are mermaids and everyone here who says they've seen them were either drugged or suffering from scurvy.

In all seriousness though, the F2P model and P2P are both flawed. While F2P is clearly the way to make money, it also makes their primary focus the cash shop instead of actual content while the P2P model makes it difficult to retain and draw people in due to a cover charge. Sure the idea is content must remain at a steady flow to keep people paying, but at the same time if people lose interest, their income is directly proportional to the number of players they have. Additionally, lazy companies like Sega would sooner can the whole project then actually step their game up which can drastically shorten the life of the game.

The hidden third model (adopted by blizzard) is to have a P2P structure while also maintaining a cash shop so they can have their cake and eat it too. But this is extremely difficult to justify to most players and unless you get a game like WoW where people couldn't quit if they tried, it probably won't pan out too well.

Either way, I think people have a right to be upset. I took a 1 month break from actually playing the game because I was so burnt out from doing the same couple areas over and over and really didn't feel like I was getting anything out of it other than killing time. Some may seem a bit more militant in their expression of that sentiment which can be a bit off-putting, but chances are you'll eventually share similar feelings to some degree if you play long enough.

I'll give Sega this: They certainly seem to be trying to pander to the crowd to some extent. The balance changes we've been seeing may not be exactly what we all have been hoping for, but at least they're taking action with the commonplace issues people seem to have (minus lack of content).

Just remember that everyone's sense of progression is different. For some, seeing that EXP meter move is enough, while for others they want to see their damage output climb notably as they play, others still want constant changes in scenery, and yet there are also those who need to a feel an evolution in gameplay as they move on, and some just want that next shiny red item. I think most of us are a mixed bag in that respect.

Anyway I dont think it's fair to say anyone is wrong for having higher expectations of this game or for being satisfied with how things are because everyone's experience is something personal and can't really be quantified. I don't think anyone will argue against the fact that there's always room for improvement.

GreenArcher
Mar 13, 2013, 04:31 PM
So go buy a red weapon, +10 it, affix it, 50 element it, and you have a good weapon.
Or go buy a trade in weapon, get the stones, +10 it, affix it, and you have a great weapon.
Want the best gear? Go hunt it.

PSO was a console game that had everything available from the start. PSO2 is a PC game that drip feeds content and will stretch it as far as possible.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 04:33 PM
~_O. You only drip feed content when you don't have anything to offer

Ezodagrom
Mar 13, 2013, 04:35 PM
I believe one reason for the lack of new areas in the last months was because of the Vita version, the development teams were probably busy with preparing the Vita version for launch, which resulted in less time spent in developing proper new content.
This doesn't excuse the Darker's Den being an area locked behind the RNG though.

~Aya~
Mar 13, 2013, 04:35 PM
Well the issue is content wise, the game hit a dryspell months ago and all we've been doing is playing the same areas with certain events trying to keep old content fresh and new even though it's not. If the drop rates were a bit better playing the same areas might not be so discouraging; but as it is, I have friends who are just plain angry at sega and this game for making(a term I use loosely) them play the same places over and over again and getting no sense of progression.

As much fun as the game can be, even AQs are very much just rehashing the same content enticing you to go back with a weak promise of new shinies but nothing genuinely new is added to the game. We're finally getting this new area in the coming weeks - which is great, but didn't Sega originally say 7 planets and all this other stuff? the game's been out since July and some of us have been playing the game since the alpha so about 30-40% of the content was old news before the game's release. For those of us who've invested 1500+ hours in this game, many of us could easily add a few hundred from prerelease experiences. We've been doing the same things for long enough to qualify as insanity while Sega drip feeds RNG based content that many of us STILL haven't seen. Personally I'm convinced the Darker's Den area AND Parallel Worlds are mermaids and everyone here who says they've seen them were either drugged or suffering from scurvy.

In all seriousness though, the F2P model and P2P are both flawed. While F2P is clearly the way to make money, it also makes their primary focus the cash shop instead of actual content while the P2P model makes it difficult to retain and draw people in due to a cover charge. Sure the idea is content must remain at a steady flow to keep people paying, but at the same time if people lose interest, their income is directly proportional to the number of players they have. Additionally, lazy companies like Sega would sooner can the whole project then actually step their game up which can drastically shorten the life of the game.

The hidden third model (adopted by blizzard) is to have a P2P structure while also maintaining a cash shop so they can have their cake and eat it too. But this is extremely difficult to justify to most players and unless you get a game like WoW where people couldn't quit if they tried, it probably won't pan out too well.

Either way, I think people have a right to be upset. I took a 1 month break from actually playing the game because I was so burnt out from doing the same couple areas over and over and really didn't feel like I was getting anything out of it other than killing time. Some may seem a bit more militant in their expression of that sentiment which can be a bit off-putting, but chances are you'll eventually share similar feelings to some degree if you play long enough.

I'll give Sega this: They certainly seem to be trying to pander to the crowd to some extent. The balance changes we've been seeing may not be exactly what we all have been hoping for, but at least they're taking action with the commonplace issues people seem to have (minus lack of content).

Just remember that everyone's sense of progression is different. For some, seeing that EXP meter move is enough, while for others they want to see their damage output climb notably as they play, others still want constant changes in scenery, and yet there are also those who need to a feel an evolution in gameplay as they move on, and some just want that next shiny red item. I think most of us are a mixed bag in that respect.

Anyway I dont think it's fair to say anyone is wrong for having higher expectations of this game or for being satisfied with how things are because everyone's experience is something personal and can't really be quantified. I don't think anyone will argue against the fact that there's always room for improvement.

Beautiful. Especially the last part.

MetalDude
Mar 13, 2013, 04:36 PM
So go buy a red weapon, +10 it, affix it, 50 element it, and you have a good weapon.
Or go buy a trade in weapon, get the stones, +10 it, affix it, and you have a great weapon.

PSO was a console game that had everything available from the start. PSO2 is a PC game that drip feeds content and will stretch it as far as possible.

You missed my point entirely. Yeah, it's cool we have a baseline series of weapons to play catch up but if you want even a moderately good 10*, they all have hideously bad rates.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 04:39 PM
Well to be frank, the reason and the result don't necessarily indemnify one another. If a vita release impacted content so heavily, they probably should have dedicated more resources to the project as a whole. After all if the game is making money hand over fist the way they say it has been, you'd think they want to keep the fires of that proverbial gravy train stoked.

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 04:48 PM
I believe one reason for the lack of new areas in the last months was because of the Vita version, the development teams were probably busy with preparing the Vita version for launch, which resulted in less time spent in developing proper new content.
This doesn't excuse the Darker's Den being an area locked behind the RNG though.

Agreed here.

Not only that guys they are also probably gonna take a break as Vita is still trying to catch up with us on certain content we already have hence the revive on costumes and accessories and HOPEFULLY Lobby actions and what not.

Either case just do what you have been always doing and if it is starting to get to tedious take a break go eat something cause i'll be damn if i choose a game over my own damn stomach<3

~Aya~
Mar 13, 2013, 04:50 PM
Agreed here.

Not only that guys they are also probably gonna take a break as Vita is still trying to catch up with us on certain content we already have hence the revive on costumes and accessories and HOPEFULLY Lobby actions and what not.

Either case just do what you have been always doing and if it is starting to get to tedious take a break go eat something cause i'll be damn if i choose a game over my own damn stomach<3

You choose food over PSO2? BLASPHEMY.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 13, 2013, 04:51 PM
I've never cubed a 10*, I get too damn happy when I actually find one :P

Yeah, they're definitely promoting premium by doing this, which is perfectly fine, but it's flirting dangerously with "pay to win" especially with 10* drop rates as impossibly bad as they are. Obviously they should seek to give you incentive to buy premium, but trying to make a tier of weaponry that much harder to get to for non-premium users isn't a good way of doing so, in my opinion.

Not saying rares should be effortless to obtain, but at least making the upgradable weapons 9* would be a little more fair.

This. Ive been searching for that wl ever since vh mode came out, and ive never run into one. Well, i could always do mines>tundra>desert, but i doubt ill be able to 50% this one anytime soon.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 04:55 PM
Man you gotta get your hands on some Diabolic Gauntlets....they're pretty.

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 04:58 PM
You choose food over PSO2? BLASPHEMY.

Hmph well I never!!

Hey my stomach needs love to ya know Q.Q!

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 04:59 PM
Aya, sweetie, you can't play if you're dead.

...or can you...?

Kondibon
Mar 13, 2013, 05:00 PM
Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 do something similar and yes it's my favorite payment model because it also means the cash shop stuff can be better balanced, and keeps things like RMT bots from having easy access. (The only reason GW2 had RMT bots at all is because of that same information leak Sega and a lot of other companies mentioned). I also don't mind free to play games that have a one time buy pack or bonus for spending a certain ammount that gets you lots of permanent stuff. I don't like temporary services because they make me feel like I have to play constantly to get my monies worth.

You hit the nail on the head with the rest too of course but that stood out to me the most.

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 05:00 PM
Aya, sweetie, you can't play if you're dead.

...or can you...?

We thought we knew Aya but we don't she on a whole new lvl of immortality!

The Walrus
Mar 13, 2013, 05:09 PM
Aya is Skynet

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 05:12 PM
I thought Aya was the embodiment of glamour glitter fashion and fame?

Mind = blown

Keyblade59
Mar 13, 2013, 05:12 PM
SEGA's very good at timing when mech guns will be released, since when I get the lastest like top 3 mechguns, they release more so I'm like #5-6 now.

Gardios
Mar 13, 2013, 05:15 PM
Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 do something similar and yes it's my favorite payment model because it also means the cash shop stuff can be better balanced, and keeps things like RMT bots from having easy access. (The only reason GW2 had RMT bots at all is because of that same information leak Sega and a lot of other companies mentioned). I also don't mind free to play games that have a one time buy pack or bonus for spending a certain ammount that gets you lots of permanent stuff. I don't like temporary services because they make me feel like I have to play constantly to get my monies worth.

GW/GW2 are actually B2P and manage to not shit on players with their cash shop. You don't need to use it at all—and even then, GW2 allows you to buy the cash shop currency using ingame money.

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2013, 05:17 PM
I thought Aya was the embodiment of glamour glitter fashion and fame?

Mind = blown

~Aya~ is truly truly truly outrageous.

jooozek
Mar 13, 2013, 05:18 PM

why do you even bring up red weapons?
they are absolute horse shit
the damage variance on them is so huge that you are better off with some old vh mode rares
also
ever heard of the idea of mixing totally different classes?
like hu/fo?
if i want to play hu/fo and cast techs (not shit dealing damage) from a sword then there is only 2 options
madam umbrella or coat edge
both are rare as fuck
last time i checked coat edge was like 4m
tell me
how are those shitty red weapons going to help me play something different?

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 05:21 PM

I guess the jury is in

Kondibon
Mar 13, 2013, 05:27 PM
GW/GW2 are actually B2P and manage to not shit on players with their cash shop. You don't need to use it at all—and even then, GW2 allows you to buy the cash shop currency using ingame money.That's what I meant ;; , I just misread what he said. I don't like P2P I prefer B2P with a cash shop.

But again, GW2 does a lot of things right with their model for casual players who aren't afraid to spend a bit of money every once in a while.

Also PSO2 needs more direct buy stuff and less scratches but I don't see that happening.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 05:33 PM
PSO2 has a B2P option but it's really no different from just downloading the game with a few day one perks (free month of premium, etc).

Skyly HUmar
Mar 13, 2013, 05:41 PM
Man you gotta get your hands on some Diabolic Gauntlets....they're pretty.

I prefer the electric look lol. But if i have a big reason itsthat if i get a little lucky and the mizers in aq drop me some welkers, i can make one thats stronger than a dia that ill find once if the rng gods decide to start a religion of showering me with everything i want for once.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 05:44 PM
PURPLE FLAMES, MAN

Shinmarizu
Mar 13, 2013, 05:46 PM
That's what I meant ;; , I just misread what he said. I don't like P2P I prefer B2P with a cash shop.

But again, GW2 does a lot of things right with their model for casual players who aren't afraid to spend a bit of money every once in a while.

Also PSO2 needs more direct buy stuff and less scratches but I don't see that happening.

Not as long as the demonic lords at SEGA know that we will continue to pay for this, at any rate, no matter how crappy things are or how much we complain.

But I'm going to complain anyway:

1a) The Mines pyroxene weapons are 10* so all of you guys that have Noise Blowers are freaking lucky - with 90 rocks, they become better than Mehrennenka. (This can also be interpreted as me being enormously jelly. God, I want a 10* double saber.)
1b) Which means those of you with Noise Blowers (and Belk Welkers and Black Bellows) have huge trade bait when the 10* trading passes come out. (Shakes fist)
2) The pyroxene weapons are decent when it comes to stats... I just wish Sega's design team didn't spike their kool-aid when they decided to recolour their weapons the same way. (That might also explain their names.)
3) What will this mean for the third incarnation of each of these weapons? Do we need the base weapon? Upgraded version? Both?

Skyly HUmar
Mar 13, 2013, 05:59 PM
PURPLE FLAMES, MAN

who needs purple flames when you have two pink electric dildos?

Zenobia
Mar 13, 2013, 06:00 PM

WHAT DAH FAWKKKKKK LMFAO?

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2013, 06:07 PM

Gotta admit, as a robosexual, this is pretty hot.

~Aya~
Mar 13, 2013, 06:15 PM

I was unaware of this. How much do you want for them?

Edit: It's not like I really want them.

supersonix9
Mar 13, 2013, 06:28 PM

i need purple flames

~Aya~
Mar 13, 2013, 07:34 PM

Who the what?

Gardios
Mar 13, 2013, 07:45 PM
Who the what?

He said you are outrageous. Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/NrbLzoc.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

~Aya~
Mar 13, 2013, 07:58 PM

I just cant- my sides...

Enforcer MKV
Mar 13, 2013, 08:16 PM

Oh god...*Eye twitch* The horror....THE HOR. ROR.

~Aya~
Mar 13, 2013, 08:25 PM
Oh god...*Eye twitch* The horror....THE HOR. ROR.

It's okay to touch my pecs

Enforcer MKV
Mar 13, 2013, 08:29 PM
It's okay to touch my pecs

I'd rather touch your brea- I MEAN.

Nope nope nope nope. :p

BIG OLAF
Mar 13, 2013, 08:29 PM
This doesn't seem very on-topic at all!

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 08:30 PM
the pecs are behind the bewbs, man.

~Aya~
Mar 13, 2013, 08:40 PM

You're right. That new red rod/spiked club looks quite interesting. What is it called?

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2013, 08:41 PM
You're right. That new red rod/spiked club looks quite interesting. What is it called?

Are you propositioning me?

Ruby Ascent

~Aya~
Mar 13, 2013, 08:48 PM
Are you propositioning me?

Ruby Ascent

We can't do this here. I'll meet you in B29. Bring Rock/Jaq as witnesses if you must.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 13, 2013, 09:08 PM
I wanna watch too! The mechanics fascinate me

GreenArcher
Mar 14, 2013, 01:16 AM
why do you even bring up red weapons?
they are absolute horse shit
the damage variance on them is so huge that you are better off with some old vh mode rares
also
ever heard of the idea of mixing totally different classes?
like hu/fo?
if i want to play hu/fo and cast techs (not shit dealing damage) from a sword then there is only 2 options
madam umbrella or coat edge
both are rare as fuck
tell me

So do TAs for 5 days and buy a coat edge. All of your complaints about this game seem to be that rares are rare. Woe is you.

Blackheart521
Mar 14, 2013, 03:45 AM
tell me

Coat Edges are actually like 1 mil right now if you're playing on ship 2, I have one up in my shop right now for that price (though it might have sold by now) so they aren't crazy expensive. ^^;

jooozek
Mar 14, 2013, 03:48 AM
how can i not complain about rares having abyssmal drop rates
when this game resolves around finding those rare
and gearing up with them
oh wait
i totally forgot
this is phantasy dressup online so its totally fine for sidestuff to be terrible

Coat Edges are actually like 1 mil right now if you're playing on ship 2, I have one up in my shop right now for that price (though it might have sold by now) so they aren't crazy expensive. ^^;

good to know that they got cheaper, just might finally roll out hu/fo

Zenobia
Mar 14, 2013, 10:00 AM

YOU LOVE IT

Hrith
Mar 14, 2013, 01:03 PM
People trying to defend or justify terrible game design. Hilarious.

Zenobia
Mar 14, 2013, 01:16 PM

Just grab some popcorn and a soda guy this shit is HILARIOUS TO NO END<3

VectormanX
Mar 14, 2013, 01:30 PM
Really loving this topic! so much fun to read. Anyone who sold off or cubed stuff, then all of a sudden is needed for a trade in....well, im sorry to hear that. I was in the same boat. Sold off some stuff only to watch the value skyrocket. I'm not a huge fan of the game's design either.
PSUJP was the prototype for how far SEGA could push the players with it's GC system, now they are out for blood.

Para
Mar 14, 2013, 01:37 PM

Outrageous!

~Aya~
Mar 14, 2013, 03:25 PM
Outrageous!

Dafuq? Make this go away D:!!

Poubelle
Mar 14, 2013, 03:30 PM

Keep in mind most of these people are block 20 users who mostly play to dress up and chat.

Hellahym
Mar 14, 2013, 03:34 PM
Keep in mind most of these people are block 20 users who mostly play to dress up and chat.

Yeah, I'll do that all the time. Cos iIf this game had PvP I would play to kick your ass.

Ezodagrom
Mar 14, 2013, 03:36 PM
Well, at least we have fun.

The Walrus
Mar 14, 2013, 03:36 PM
lolmmopvp

Railkune
Mar 14, 2013, 03:51 PM
One day I'll have all the fancy costumes and accessories to take screenies. When they day arrives...

Poubelle
Mar 14, 2013, 04:13 PM
Well, at least we have fun.

The point I was making is that you don't really play the game.

I'm glad you're having fun, but if you're just dancing in the lobby, chatting, and taking 'fashion pictures' of your character, it's only natural that you wouldn't really give a crap about combat mechanics/drop rates/AI/difficulty/character progression and so on. It's irrelevant to you.

Ezodagrom
Mar 14, 2013, 04:33 PM
In Ezodragons defense she does play mission and have fun.
He. o-o;

I'm glad you're having fun, but if you're just dancing in the lobby, chatting, and taking 'fashion pictures' of your character, it's only natural that you wouldn't really give a crap about combat mechanics/drop rates/AI/difficulty/character progression and so on. It's irrelevant to you.
The lobby, chat features, those are also part of the game, but those of us who spend alot of time in the lobby, we do play missions occasionally (personally I have 6 classes between 40 and 45).
What I meant with my post is that at least we have fun in the game, instead of complaining all the time.
While some things in the game are pretty bad, it's not like complaining about this in a fan forum is going to make a difference.

~Aya~
Mar 14, 2013, 04:35 PM

Will you be my waifu?

Zenobia
Mar 14, 2013, 04:36 PM
He. o-o;

I always refer by character unless said person openly says otherwise but yeah HE as you say.

Poubelle
Mar 14, 2013, 04:39 PM
While some things in the game are pretty bad, it's not like complaining about this in a fan forum is going to make a difference.

Would you prefer 100% of the threads on PSOW to be about "PSO2 fashion" and "fashion contests"?

I would rather discuss game mechanics and how we think PSO2 could be improved, even while knowing that my thoughts will never reach SEGA. Thanks for your input though

Ezodagrom
Mar 14, 2013, 04:43 PM
I always refer by character unless said person openly says otherwise but yeah HE as you say.
Well, Johana wasn't supposed to be my main character, it was supposed to be my hunter, but in the last few months I've been using Johana alot more than the other 2... xd

Anyway...*tries to think of something to bring the discussion back on topic*
Just noticed that the new pyroxene knuckles are a little bit weaker than the previous ones. o-o;

EDIT:

Would you prefer 100% of the threads on PSOW to be about "PSO2 fashion" and "fashion contests"?

I would rather discuss game mechanics and how we think PSO2 could be improved, even while knowing that my thoughts will never reach SEGA. Thanks for your input though
Of course not, feel free to discuss the game mechanics all you want (there's more to discussing game mechanics than just complaining though), but was there any need to mention this?

How does the fact that some people enjoy other things in the game instead of just doing mission or hunting add to a discussion about game mechanics?

Zenobia
Mar 14, 2013, 04:53 PM
Well, Johana wasn't supposed to be my main character, it was supposed to be my hunter, but in the last few months I've been using Johana alot more than the other 2... xd

Anyway...*tries to think of something to bring the discussion back on topic*
Just noticed that the new pyroxene knuckles are a little bit weaker than the previous ones. o-o;

How so?

I mean sure its a tad small boost i guess?

Edit: correction looked at the stats wrong LOL

Ezodagrom
Mar 14, 2013, 04:55 PM
How so new ones have 512 base s atk Aurava Core has 491 unless im missing something?

I mean sure its a tad small boost i guess?
With mutation and power 3, Aurava Core has 531 S-ATK, while the new ones have 522.

Zenobia
Mar 14, 2013, 05:07 PM
With mutation and power 3, Aurava Core has 531 S-ATK, while the new ones have 522.

Yeah LOL I corrected my earlier post dun dun dun~

Skyly HUmar
Mar 14, 2013, 08:48 PM

imo its always a he, ALWAYS!

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 14, 2013, 08:50 PM
Even when they claim it's she.

ESPECIALLY THEN!!

Enforcer MKV
Mar 14, 2013, 09:35 PM
Right...so....

Are any of these new weapons actually worth the investment?

MetalDude
Mar 14, 2013, 09:55 PM
Well, upgraded Noise Blower puts you ahead of Mehreneka, but is the sixth best Double Saber. Stats for the new Excellan Blade aren't up yet, but if I had to guess it's probably close to 100 points better. Upgraded Gravel Core is weirdly better than upgrade Jade Racion and it's only 50 off of the best Knuckle. Upgraded Berkverger is 50 better than Gigas Spinner and about 80 points away from Diabolic Gauntlet, same situation as Noise Blower.

Why the hell do Rods have three Pyroxene weapons?!

Ezodagrom
Mar 14, 2013, 10:04 PM
Stats for the new Excellan Blade aren't up yet, but if I had to guess it's probably close to 100 points better.
Just saw it in the drops records:

[spoiler-box]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1139/pso20130315030323000.jpg[/spoiler-box]

MetalDude
Mar 14, 2013, 10:07 PM
A shred better than BKB. Jinrai remains supreme.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 14, 2013, 10:08 PM
Actually on topic, since noise blowers are so common, a 50% stone one isnt out of the question, and since element > raw power in most cases, id say id woop the crud out of any other ds, atm any other ds thats got more s attack is just for looks, unless ofcourse you find multiples.

Welker is pretty solid too, since it comes electric its already a good element for enemies that wl is really good against. Its a streach to try to 50% it (my current goal LOL) but if you can itll be the best wl exept for an unlocked fal claw, and that will only be stronger on the enemies that it's element is strong against (and ill hurt your penny jar more to unlock a fal claw 3 (soon to be 5) times). So far those two are promising.

MetalDude
Mar 14, 2013, 10:10 PM
In my previous hunts for Mizer Bullet, I've had gigawuts-level success with Belk Welker (well, minus the dedicated 2+ months of hunting; more like three weeks) and I've seen several people get at least 2 or 3.

I don't take issue to farming Mizer though just because of the wide variety of good stuff like Metalsolidom, Zexia Bullet, and delicious Mizer Souls.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 14, 2013, 10:15 PM
In my previous hunts for Mizer Bullet, I've had gigawuts-level success with Belk Welker (well, minus the dedicated 2+ months of hunting; more like three weeks) and I've seen several people get at least 2 or 3.

I don't take issue to farming Mizer though just because of the wide variety of good stuff like Metalsolidom, Zexia Bullet, and delicious Mizer Souls.

dont either, but i havnt been in any desert aq since the new rush, but im planning on doing a mines-tundra-dexert thing once the rush for new aqs wears off.

Zenobia
Mar 14, 2013, 10:50 PM
Actually on topic, since noise blowers are so common, a 50% stone one isnt out of the question, and since element > raw power in most cases, id say id woop the crud out of any other ds, atm any other ds thats got more s attack is just for looks, unless ofcourse you find multiples.

Welker is pretty solid too, since it comes electric its already a good element for enemies that wl is really good against. Its a streach to try to 50% it (my current goal LOL) but if you can itll be the best wl exept for an unlocked fal claw, and that will only be stronger on the enemies that it's element is strong against (and ill hurt your penny jar more to unlock a fal claw 3 (soon to be 5) times). So far those two are promising.

I actually need a bettah DS so im aiming for noise blower if it drops int he mines AQ like crazy like everyone is sayin.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 14, 2013, 11:01 PM
I actually need a bettah DS so im aiming for noise blower if it drops int he mines AQ like crazy like everyone is sayin.

Found 2 on day 1, first run, 1 today, you wont have a problem hunting this one.

BIG OLAF
Mar 14, 2013, 11:18 PM
Found 2 on day 1, first run, 1 today

That doesn't really mean shit, though.

gigawuts
Mar 14, 2013, 11:19 PM
Found 2 on day 1, first run, 1 today, you wont have a problem hunting this one.

And what's his face found 5 demonic forks in a week then went on to say rare drops were fine.

Until he embarked on his first hunt, which made him snap after like a week.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 14, 2013, 11:24 PM
And what's his face found 5 demonic forks in a week then went on to say rare drops were fine.

Until he embarked on his first hunt, which made him snap after like a week.

True lol, but the blower has never really been hard to find at all. And with the elevated aq levels i doubt id be hard to find them in there either. Im just worried about the welkers i need, and when they become tradable how much will they go for...

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 15, 2013, 12:18 AM
I've killed a lot of signos...haven't found one yet and neither has anyone I know.

Just saying.

Zenobia
Mar 15, 2013, 12:21 AM
Sigh....time to up those risk lvls liek crazeh FML lol Dragon slayer has dropped ONLY 2 x's so far i rly want that fuggin sword Q.Q.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 15, 2013, 01:07 AM
I've killed a lot of signos...haven't found one yet and neither has anyone I know.

Just saying.

Its all in that rng, all i know is that its rates are 3x as common as orboro in hard mode, so to me its a nice fast hunt, some people may not have the determination, some dont have the rng, in my experience and this is just my case, its a very easy drop.

Zenobia
Mar 15, 2013, 01:18 AM
Im just gonna put this out there but anyone else noticed the bosses in the new AQ's having rediculous atk spd now?

I FOUGHT QUARTS ONE TIME BEFORE AND I SWEAR HE WAS OUT FOR BLOOD

His atk animations were hella fast Nose Dive.Nose Rush move gawd dayum LOL!

Poubelle
Mar 15, 2013, 01:20 AM
Saying any 10* in this game is an easy drop is just plain silly.

You found 2 Noise Blowers today? I know a friend who's been trying and failing to get it for months.

You could very well get a third one tomorrow, or you could go months without ever seeing one drop again.

Lady luck/the RNG gods smiled on you, but you can't collect data from one day and say "easy drop". Not with this system. Congrats though.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 15, 2013, 01:51 AM
Saying any 10* in this game is an easy drop is just plain silly.

You found 2 Noise Blowers today? I know a friend who's been trying and failing to get it for months.

You could very well get a third one tomorrow, or you could go months without ever seeing one drop again.

Lady luck/the RNG gods smiled on you, but you can't collect data from one day and say "easy drop". Not with this system. Congrats though.

Actually yes i can say easy drop, but thats just easy for my standards, if your friend puts the hours i do in the game hes just having bad luck.

And yes zeno the aq boss' AIs did get an overhaul. But i still find quartz to be easy ._.

BlueCast Boy
Mar 15, 2013, 02:07 AM
Im just gonna put this out there but anyone else noticed the bosses in the new AQ's having rediculous atk spd now?

I FOUGHT QUARTS ONE TIME BEFORE AND I SWEAR HE WAS OUT FOR BLOOD

His atk animations were hella fast Nose Dive.Nose Rush move gawd dayum LOL!

Really what else different on the boss on AQ, well Caterdran & Dransa do his spin attack without getting it angry has this weird animation when he was like he has drilling in to the ground, Vol's third form feels a new and Vader can move now.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 15, 2013, 02:21 AM
The accordion dragons actually are always in rage mode. they can do their triple attacks from the start too.

Vol was the only boss that didn't appear to have changed in the slightest. he just hits stupid hard.

Zenobia
Mar 15, 2013, 04:29 AM
Actually yes i can say easy drop, but thats just easy for my standards, if your friend puts the hours i do in the game hes just having bad luck.

And yes zeno the aq boss' AIs did get an overhaul. But i still find quartz to be easy ._.

No no don't get me wrong he is still easy im just glad they made it more fun now finally he aint all sluggish and whatnot<3

~Aya~
Mar 15, 2013, 04:34 AM
No no don't get me wrong he is still easy im just glad they made it more fun now finally he aint all sluggish and whatnot<3

I thought we were going to sleep lulz.. like right meow!!

Edit: Everyone falls asleep in lava atleast once.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 15, 2013, 04:40 AM
Only when they're named Aya

Zenobia
Mar 15, 2013, 04:55 AM
Only when they're named Aya

Boy lemmeh tell ya if anyone can bathe in Lava it's her we talking like 15min of thta stuff goodness then she fainted yep.....i watched her wittle body just slump away in they reddy goodness.

Edit: Okay I are gonna hit deh hay now~

Coatl
Mar 15, 2013, 07:18 AM
I actually didn't see much of a difference in the Quartz's AI in AQ either. But if he manages to so much as breath on you your HP will hit 0.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 15, 2013, 07:23 AM
He seemed a bit more aggressive, but I can take his charge attack head on and live...not that I want to >_>

Z-0
Mar 15, 2013, 07:24 AM
He moves a lot faster. His charges are on crack speed (well this is at higher risk) and there's hardly any delay between his attacks.

Coatl
Mar 15, 2013, 07:26 AM
Oh derp. I actually didn't really realize higher risks = more difficult AI. I had unconciously noticed how much more annoying some mobs were getting at higher difficulty but I didn't plug two and two together until now.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 15, 2013, 07:27 AM
I dunno I didn't notice at risk 13...definitely faster than vhard but nothing I felt overwhelmed by. it's nice to see the AI does in fact develop with level though.

~Aya~
Mar 15, 2013, 08:19 AM
I dunno I didn't notice at risk 13...definitely faster than vhard but nothing I felt overwhelmed by. it's nice to see the AI does in fact develop with level though.

I noticed for sure... I actually had to mirage dash on this fight.. a lot.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 15, 2013, 08:44 AM
I like how Vardha is more aggresive as well. Also never noticed they fixed then Photon Blasts for Vardha. They don't fall through the ship anymore which is a nice bug fix.

gigawuts
Mar 15, 2013, 11:35 AM
Guys. Higher level means higher aggression. It has always been this way. It is continuing to be this way.

It's either by range of 5 levels or individual levels, but yes it's based on level.

Coatl
Mar 15, 2013, 12:15 PM
What's the level cap that monsters can hit in AQ exactly?

gigawuts
Mar 15, 2013, 12:16 PM
Level 60. They start at level 51 and gain one level every 3 risk, so they're level 52 at 3 risk etc. up to 60 at 12. At 13+ the boosted/infection rate continues to grow, making things potentially easier due to the weak points of boosted/infected enemies.

Ezodagrom
Mar 15, 2013, 12:22 PM
Level 60. They start at level 51 and gain one level every 3 risk, so they're level 52 at 3 risk etc. up to 60 at 12. At 13+ the boosted/infection rate continues to grow, making things potentially easier due to the weak points of boosted/infected enemies.
Don't they start at 56? ^^;

Coatl
Mar 15, 2013, 02:38 PM
Yeah, they do actually. :B

~Aya~
Mar 15, 2013, 03:19 PM

●pats back●

gigawuts
Mar 15, 2013, 05:25 PM
Lol I brain badly sumtim.

They start at 56, and gain 1 level every 3 risk up to 60 at 12 :P

Zenobia
Mar 15, 2013, 05:28 PM

Sill willy~

~Aya~
Mar 15, 2013, 05:30 PM

Yuri and I were using your npc card thing last night.. we couldn' t stop raughing at the autowords. That was also when I took a lava nap.

Does high risk also mean more cap drops?

gigawuts
Mar 15, 2013, 05:36 PM
Mmm, I don't think so.

Also, glad you like my NPC. I need to update it with new ideas.

~Aya~
Mar 15, 2013, 06:06 PM
Mmm, I don't think so.

Yuri has it and I don't.. can we meet up and exchange cards sometime, maybe?

BIG OLAF
Mar 15, 2013, 07:00 PM

Yeah, it's fun playing dress-up with your NPC self. Making little outfit ensembles and matching autowords is a cute little pastime.