PDA

View Full Version : Vita In regards to the Sega ID-PSN thing...

Kisai ~ きさい
Mar 13, 2013, 06:35 PM
I just got the physical copy of PSO2 for Vita. Apparently, this allows me to link my JPN Sega ID to my US PSN account.

And from my understanding, there's no garuntee yet that if I link my JPN Sega ID to my US PSN account, that I'll be able to link my US Sega ID to my US PSN account later if PSO2 is released here, correct? So far, that's an uncertainty.

To put it simpler, linking both JPN Sega ID and US Sega ID to US PSN might not be possible? But we're not sure yet, because the game isn't released here? To repeat, I can go ahead and use this physical copy to link my JPN Sega ID to my US PSN, but if the game gets released here, I might not be able to link a future US Sega ID to my US PSN because it's already got the JPN Sega ID?

Sizustar
Mar 13, 2013, 06:38 PM
There is no official word on a English vita release, only PC has been confirmed to have English release in 2013.

Shadowth117
Mar 13, 2013, 06:41 PM
I just got the physical copy of PSO2 for Vita. Apparently, this allows me to link my JPN Sega ID to my US PSN account.

And from my understanding, there's no garuntee yet that if I link my JPN Sega ID to my US PSN account, that I'll be able to link my US Sega ID to my US PSN account later if PSO2 is released here, correct? So far, that's an uncertainty.

To put it simpler, linking both JPN Sega ID and US Sega ID to US PSN might not be possible? But we're not sure yet, because the game isn't released here? To repeat, I can go ahead and use this physical copy to link my JPN Sega ID to my US PSN, but if the game gets released here, I might not be able to link a future US Sega ID to my US PSN because it's already got the JPN Sega ID?

I would give 99% assurance that you'll be able to link your US Sega ID to your US PSN ID regardless. They're different systems. It would be like having an account on 2 different games, unless they decide to link the servers eventually for whatever reason (lolno). So essentially, there's no real reason it shouldn't be possible to have both on there.

Kisai ~ きさい
Mar 13, 2013, 06:52 PM
I would give 99% assurance that you'll be able to link your US Sega ID to your US PSN ID regardless. They're different systems. It would be like having an account on 2 different games
2 different games? Oh, right, because one would be identified as PSO2 JPN, and the other would be identified as PSO2 US.

unless they decide to link the servers eventually for whatever reason (lolno). So essentially, there's no real reason it shouldn't be possible to have both on there.
Hah, yeah. I remember when PSO Ep. I & II came out and saw the symbol art feature, which was specifically designed for worldwide communication with people in other languages, but the servers for those games didn't actually cross over into other regions anyway.

Well, alrighty then. I guess I can link my JPN Sega ID safely to my US PSN and not worry about the possibility of an English release, then.