PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 New Video - 3/27 Update

Macman
Mar 14, 2013, 04:17 AM
Is that an instant +7 support grind item I see there?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zT-uKYt_ME

Meji
Mar 14, 2013, 04:21 AM
10* Trading is soon reallity. <3
Also, yes, that seems like a -> +7 Grind item at 1:33. Good grief, I always had problems with the +5 ~ +7 parts! Loving this.

jooozek
Mar 14, 2013, 04:22 AM
oh look
soapland coming to pso2

EvilMag
Mar 14, 2013, 04:35 AM
Looking at the video. The +7 item is in the recycle shop.

Macman
Mar 14, 2013, 04:37 AM
Let me guess, trade in a weapon that went from +9 to +1 for one of those. :wacko:

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 14, 2013, 04:38 AM
Yeah that looks like instant grind to 7 (not +7) O_o wtf will they make you recycle for that and is this their(only) solution to grinding rates?

Blackheart521
Mar 14, 2013, 04:48 AM
99 grinders in recycle shop for the auto +7 calling it now... gonna make grinders values go up again ^^;

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 14, 2013, 04:51 AM
that seems like such a waste. 99 ginders and you'll probably have gotten to +8 at least once >_>

mailsonds
Mar 14, 2013, 07:02 AM
Spring Romantica

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130228/07/image/ss_01_l.jpg

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130228/07/image/ss_02_l.jpg

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130228/07/image/ss_03_l.jpg

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130228/07/image/ss_04_l.jpg

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130228/07/image/ss_05_l.jpg

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130228/07/image/ss_06_l.jpg

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130228/07/image/ss_07_l.jpg

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130228/07/image/ss_08_l.jpg

BIG OLAF
Mar 14, 2013, 07:07 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130228/07/image/ss_05_l.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

*bangs gavel*

SOLD. What a lovely shade of blue.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 14, 2013, 07:13 AM
New Cast parts? No?

Geh, figures...

NoiseHERO
Mar 14, 2013, 07:17 AM
next update, casts will have all their parts turned into fleshy clothing options and then the whole race will be taken out of the game.

Anyone that was a cast will be given an item that takes all their unlocked classes straight to level cap.

As for this update... seems interesting... let's just hope it goes from interesting to good. Normally it'd already be good. But normally it's just not.

Coatl
Mar 14, 2013, 07:18 AM
This is march 27th?

Sizustar
Mar 14, 2013, 07:21 AM
This is march 27th?

Yes, the next AC scratch update

Gardios
Mar 14, 2013, 07:27 AM
WHY DO THE GALS GET RAPPY ON THEIR BATHTOWELS BUT NOT THE GUYS

Not fair. Rappy... :'(

Coatl
Mar 14, 2013, 07:29 AM
Why are people so impressed with the +7 immediate grind? That's like only 40 grinders. The other million are spent trying to go from +7 to +10.

NoiseHERO
Mar 14, 2013, 07:32 AM
Why are people so impressed with the +7 immediate grind? That's like only 40 grinders. The other million are spent trying to go from +7 to +10.

This is part of why I say the update is interesting but not good...

I'm not sure how this works yet... but if it's annoying to do it won't be much different than spending 5 mil on grind protects, or 5 mil on brute force going from... yeah 7-10.

Or the general trick is that less grinders are being used. But same/more money could be spent. e_e

Reiketsu
Mar 14, 2013, 07:34 AM
I dunno, he used it on a 3* weapon, so who knows? It will probably fail on anything higher than 8* anyways, lol

NoiseHERO
Mar 14, 2013, 07:36 AM
But even with this gimmick, they DID say they'd calm down on the grind rates a bit this month or april. (if it's not this update though I won't be surprsed if it's not till end of april)

Sayara
Mar 14, 2013, 07:42 AM
If I had a man character. I'd totally rock that cape my goodness

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 14, 2013, 07:50 AM

Yeah that's what I said

Worthless.

~Aya~
Mar 14, 2013, 08:40 AM
Guy with the dark skin seems to be lacking under the towel

MrTurkleton
Mar 14, 2013, 08:48 AM
If there is a pink version of that suit, i am so buying it since it will be dirt cheap. Odds are it wont be colorable though :(

Zenobia
Mar 14, 2013, 09:28 AM

TO MUCH TACO NOT ENOUGH MEAT D;<

BlueCast Boy
Mar 14, 2013, 09:38 AM
No Cast Parts >_>, well hope for the CV version of Melder and Medium series and also that uniform...Want to be wearn by Cast also

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 14, 2013, 02:14 PM
Seems like I might be only getting bathtowel this update, I know Kimono won't look good in play
Finding reasons to not spend all the meseta I barely have this update

I WONDER WHAT GLITCHED BATHTOWEL LOOKS LIKE

Z-0
Mar 14, 2013, 02:17 PM
buying nothing this scratch coz it sucks like the last ... 5 or something! o/

although I did buy two costumes from the last one because guardians and queen are less servicey than most of the costumes. also B> partzu.

Soultrigger
Mar 14, 2013, 02:22 PM
Recycling Elder Pain for Vardha Cannon.

Funny, SEGA. Real funny.

Shadowth117
Mar 14, 2013, 02:28 PM

Funny, SEGA. Real funny.

Needs more Elena's Roar -> Ruin Charm right? : P

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 14, 2013, 02:30 PM

He tucked it back cause he knew you were gonna look, you naughty thing!

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 14, 2013, 02:39 PM
WHY DO THE GALS GET RAPPY ON THEIR BATHTOWELS BUT NOT THE GUYS

Not fair. Rappy... :'(

Guys will have rappy thongs under their towels

Skyly HUmar
Mar 14, 2013, 02:49 PM

Funny, SEGA. Real funny.

Just another friendly reminder of whats the better class!

Z-0
Mar 14, 2013, 02:50 PM
But Elder Pain makes HU very uber because you can spam Over End all day every day without worrying about consequences.

I'd totally take a Pain over a Dragon Slayer.

gigawuts
Mar 14, 2013, 02:51 PM

Tell that to my +5 failure streaks.

When I do bad, 90% of the time it's in the 4-6 range. I will hug 4-6 like you won't even believe.

My rate for 8-10 isn't actually that bad in comparison. This is a bandaid fix, because you'll still be able to go 7-4 and 4-2 and 2-1 in 3 easy steps (As I have numerous times), but unless they cap the times you can use the ->7 skip item, and unless it costs 10m (which it will), I'm okay with it.

Now we just need to make sure it isn't linked to AC scratch to get like 20% affix boosters and 0 loss protectors, because that would directly promote companies using a grinding system like this. Which it will be, and will do.

edit: my dream implementation is that this will cost 48 grinders <3

Skyly HUmar
Mar 14, 2013, 02:53 PM
But Elder Pain makes HU very uber because you can spam Over End all day every day without worrying about consequences.

I'd totally take a Pain over a Dragon Slayer.

Kinda weak though. I still prefer a nice 50% kagu over both.

Gardios
Mar 14, 2013, 03:38 PM
Guys will have rappy thongs under their towels

If the guys wear thongs under the towel I want them to remove the towel.

SEGA pls

NoiseHERO
Mar 14, 2013, 03:42 PM
If the guys wear thongs under the towel I want them to remove the towel.

SEGA pls

guys have no junk in this game tho D:

gigawuts
Mar 14, 2013, 03:49 PM
Every male is a cast.

Beep boop.

Railkune
Mar 14, 2013, 04:00 PM
Every male is a cast.

Beep boop.

Have mercy...

Xaeris
Mar 14, 2013, 04:21 PM
The one time they show a black guy in one of these videos and it's to show off a bath towel. What are you trying to say, Sega? I'm hyped for the towels, but I'm actually looking more forward to the kimonos and the cape suit. I didn't like how the miko outfits had short skirts and stockings.

And I dunno what you guys are talking about, that grinding support item could be a god send, depending on what the trade in is. I've had plenty of times where I stalled out on somewhere between 3 and 6 for a few dozen attempts. As long as the trade in isn't something stupid, this'll be a massive time saver. Of course, that's a pretty big if.

Valimer
Mar 14, 2013, 04:24 PM
lmao @ semi transparent bath towel... swear I can see nipple.

Anyways I have a question. What do they mean by "camouflage"? Like changing the weapon model? Or weapon skin? from what I think I saw in the video it looks like changing weapon models.

Also I didn't read every page so sorry if this was already discussed.

Xaeris
Mar 14, 2013, 04:27 PM
The skin. Think of it like equipping clothes onto your weapon.

Poubelle
Mar 14, 2013, 04:27 PM
lmao @ semi transparent bath towel... swear I can see nipple.

Anyways I have a question. What do they mean by "camouflage"? Like changing the weapon model? Or weapon skin? from what I think I saw in the video it looks like changing weapon models.

Also I didn't read every page so sorry if this was already discussed.

Are you familiar with the current items for your MAGs that turn them into other models?

It's like that, but for weapons. There will be some items that transform your weapon design into a guitar and stuff.

At least this is how I understand it

Valimer
Mar 14, 2013, 04:29 PM
The skin. Think of it like equipping clothes onto your weapon.

So then what is happening at :40 of the video then? because it completely changes the model. And the changing clothes metaphor doesn't really work, because changing clothes is changing models, not just the textures (or skin)

Valimer
Mar 14, 2013, 04:30 PM
Are you familiar with the current items for your MAGs that turn them into other models?

It's like that, but for weapons. There will be some items that transform your weapon design into a guitar and stuff.

At least this is how I understand it

Ah OK, that's cool I guess.

Xaeris
Mar 14, 2013, 04:32 PM
I'm using the same analogy that was used during the live broadcast a couple weeks back when I say it's like equipping clothes and changing skins. http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-new-field-dragon-altar-pso2-broadcast-6/#comments

Seraphus
Mar 14, 2013, 04:42 PM
So then what is happening at :40 of the video then? because it completely changes the model. And the changing clothes metaphor doesn't really work, because changing clothes is changing models, not just the textures (or skin)

Not really, because there is a base model for clothing/parts. Rappy suits have the "human" base model and the appearance of it is just the textures/"skin". The mag example doesn't work, because with weapon camou, you can remove and equip like clothing without the need of a transformation item. Some words like "skin" can have more meanings than one.

And unless they add the ability to use current weapons as camouflage, they should stop using the word "camouflage"! None of the "camouflage" skins they have shown are existing weapons/anything so they aren't camouflaging anything!

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 14, 2013, 06:44 PM
sure they are. you can't tell which weapon it is anymore with the camo on.

MissMalice
Mar 14, 2013, 07:35 PM
TO MUCH TACO NOT ENOUGH MEAT D;<

TOO MUCH CHIP, NOT ENOUGH SAKUJO.
I love you so much right now. c:

Sizustar
Mar 14, 2013, 07:38 PM
sure they are. you can't tell which weapon it is anymore with the camo on.

Maybe, or if you check through their chara info, it might still show what equip they have~~

Zenobia
Mar 14, 2013, 07:56 PM
TOO MUCH CHIP, NOT ENOUGH SAKUJO.
I love you so much right now. c:

HOLY CRAPP CAT DAT YOUUU!???????????

MY GAWD I MISSED CHU Q.Q

Resanoca
Mar 14, 2013, 07:56 PM
Maybe, or if you check through their chara info, it might still show what equip they have~~Can't you block it so people can't view your info?

jooozek
Mar 14, 2013, 07:58 PM
you can only block out your arks card
equips are always viewable by everyone

Resanoca
Mar 14, 2013, 07:59 PM
you can only block out your arks card
equips are always viewable by everyoneHm... I recall trying to once, but it blocked me out. Guess I selected the wrong thing.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 14, 2013, 08:40 PM
Maybe, or if you check through their chara info, it might still show what equip they have~~

sure but camo isn't perfect, if you look real close, you can see it for what it really is.

So it's camo o_o

Enforcer MKV
Mar 14, 2013, 08:41 PM
sure but camo isn't perfect, if you look real close, you can see it for what it really is.

So it's camo o_o

I don't understand why people are debating this...

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 14, 2013, 08:44 PM
slow day ;_;

Enforcer MKV
Mar 14, 2013, 08:44 PM
VERY slow day, evidently...

Zenobia
Mar 14, 2013, 08:59 PM
IM SEEING ALOT OF SLOWBROS IN HERE

Now where did i put my pokeball~

yoshiblue
Mar 14, 2013, 09:00 PM
So Zetta slow!
http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo298/carbonkoppy/shopoke.jpg

Speaking of Sho, I wonder if Sine man would cosplay as the dood?

Valimer
Mar 14, 2013, 10:30 PM
Not really, because there is a base model for clothing/parts. Rappy suits have the "human" base model and the appearance of it is just the textures/"skin". The mag example doesn't work, because with weapon camou, you can remove and equip like clothing without the need of a transformation item. Some words like "skin" can have more meanings than one.

And unless they add the ability to use current weapons as camouflage, they should stop using the word "camouflage"! None of the "camouflage" skins they have shown are existing weapons/anything so they aren't camouflaging anything!

Rappy suit is the same model as a human? I don't think you've tried modeling, UVing or texturing before. Maybe they used the same rigging as a human for animations, but the rappy suit is def not the same 3d model as a human.

yoshiblue
Mar 14, 2013, 10:48 PM
Speaking of model changes, if race changing becomes reality, i'd hate to see how one turns into a CAST and back.

NoiseHERO
Mar 14, 2013, 10:52 PM
Speaking of model changes, if race changing becomes reality, i'd hate to see how one turns into a CAST and back.

Lots and lots of government funding can make a perfect transition!

Alenoir
Mar 15, 2013, 12:15 AM
Just happened to notice this.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/BWBVKrk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oadGmks.jpg

Zodiac stickers in-coming?[/spoiler-box]

jerrykun
Mar 15, 2013, 02:42 AM
Don't get your hopes on new grinding systems, Dudu will manage to screw you somehow, he always does.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 15, 2013, 02:47 AM
how about we save our pessimism for after we get more information than "we will make changes"

Sparzyle
Mar 15, 2013, 03:18 AM
Errhm...I just want that officer outfit or some male-shrine outfit recolor and these promised katanas and I'm okay :-?
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q143/rudehi/sx.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 15, 2013, 03:25 AM
You're not ready for Amakakeru Ryu no Hirumeki

ShinMaruku
Mar 15, 2013, 03:26 AM
how about we save our pessimism for after we get more information than "we will make changes"

Because it's Sega we are dealing with.

MetalDude
Mar 15, 2013, 03:29 AM
And based off of previous actions, they always like to tie in delicious catches.
"We want to be able to sell and trade 10* weapons"
"Hey, this is Sega. We heard you want Premium to sell 10* weapons but only if you pick up a pass by turning in a 10* first. Consider it done!"

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 15, 2013, 03:32 AM
Thats not the point, the -> 7 is worthless because getting to 7 is not hard. it's everything after 7 thats hard. So this is either step 1 in the process or people will be filing complaints again.

ShinMaruku
Mar 15, 2013, 03:32 AM
When Sega is involved a heavy dose of pessimism is needed.

MetalDude
Mar 15, 2013, 03:34 AM
I personally take my pessimism in 32mg doses.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 15, 2013, 03:36 AM
nah, just a grain of salt

MetalDude
Mar 15, 2013, 03:38 AM
I'm not always pessimistic but when I am, there's no hope for the future.

Stay skeptic my friends.

Seraphus
Mar 15, 2013, 03:46 AM
Rappy suit is the same model as a human? I don't think you've tried modeling, UVing or texturing before. Maybe they used the same rigging as a human for animations, but the rappy suit is def not the same 3d model as a human.

Perhaps that was a bad example I didn't think through. But that clothing analogy is the exact analogy as provided by what you yourself considered what changing clothes is. And why ask a question that is so easily answered by watching the vid and using the knowledge you obviously had (as you explained what happened to the weapon model yourself)?

I am curious to what you think most people consider what "weapon skins" are in any other game that has had this feature/mod tools. Most people don't talk in the sense of 3D modeling about a game, or anything really, unless they are on the topic of 3D modeling.

I don't understand why people are debating this...

Because I am just ranting over the huge possibility that we can't use existing weapons as "camouflage". And from what my knowledge of what camouflage is, changing an objects appearance to something completely new and unique is not camouflage. Sure, hides/disguises the weapon, but not "camouflage".

ShinMaruku
Mar 15, 2013, 03:47 AM
nah, just a grain of salt

Grain of salt gives sega accountability, they have none.

Alenoir
Mar 15, 2013, 11:07 AM
Thats not the point, the -> 7 is worthless because getting to 7 is not hard. it's everything after 7 thats hard. So this is either step 1 in the process or people will be filing complaints again.

Depending on what it takes to get that pass, it may or may not be useful once more people dip into the 11*+ world.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 15, 2013, 11:13 AM
Thats not the point, the -> 7 is worthless because getting to 7 is not hard.

This isn't the case for everyone - sometimes I have trouble getting 8 stars past +5. Having a guaranteed +7 is actually kinda nice for people with poor luck.

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 15, 2013, 11:15 AM
Minus 3 grind guaranteed after 7+ item

Enforcer MKV
Mar 15, 2013, 11:22 AM
Because I am just ranting over the huge possibility that we can't use existing weapons as "camouflage". And from what my knowledge of what camouflage is, changing an objects appearance to something completely new and unique is not camouflage. Sure, hides/disguises the weapon, but not "camouflage".

From what I understand - it's not a possibility, its how it is. we won't be able to use previous weapons as skins, it appears. (I really really REALLY hope I'm wrong about that.)

And the point of camouflage is to hide/disguise objects, so it's an applicable word in this case.

Reiketsu
Mar 15, 2013, 11:27 AM
I really don't trust that +7 grind thing...
In the video, they used it on a 3* weapon which would be a complete waste, since really... as if you'd need an item like that to get a 3* weapon to +7.
I never witnessed a 3* weapon fail from 0 to +10, lol
So it's kinda suspicious they didn't demonstrate it on a weapon higher than 7*...

I bet that item has a fail chance either identical or even worse than a normal 7* or higher weapon grind from +7 onwards.

As for what you need to trade in... I bet it will be something like 6 excubes or some shit like they want for a 250% rare booster >_>"

Gardios
Mar 15, 2013, 11:28 AM
I'm not sure why people are complaining about the ->7 ticket. If you don't want to use it because +7 is easy already or it's not worth the recycled items, then don't.

If SEGA uses the new ticket to say "we made upgrading easier!", then so be it—they would find another BS excuse in regards to upgrading if they didn't introduce the ticket anyway.

I really don't trust that +7 grind thing...
In the video, they used it on a 3* weapon which would be a complete waste, since really... as if you'd need an item like that to get a 3* weapon to +7.
I never witnessed a 3* weapon fail from 0 to +10, lol
So it's kinda suspicious they didn't demonstrate it on a weapon higher than 7*...
It doesn't matter what weapon they use, it's just a demonstration. They wouldn't show a failed attempt in a trailer anyway.

Reiketsu
Mar 15, 2013, 11:35 AM
It doesn't matter what weapon they use, it's just a demonstration. They wouldn't show a failed attempt in a trailer anyway.

I wasn't too serious about that, however, I do seriously think, if they had wanted to really impress people, they should have shown how that thing brings a 10* to +7 instantly, not a 3*.
But that's just my opinion. Seeing it work on a 3* weapon really isn't anything that gets me excited. It rather makes me wonder if it actually would work on a 10* without fail or not.

I mean, the trailer showed that the chance of success was guaranteed for that weapon (the green kanji).
They probably didn't show it on a 10*, because it would've been red, lol

Ezodagrom
Mar 15, 2013, 12:34 PM
So, the bath towels shown in the trailer are 2 different types of bath towels, the normal bath towel and the wet bath towel. :wacko:
http://bumped.org/psublog/goodies-and-more-at-the-phantasy-star-series-sympathy-concert/

Also, unrelated to the March 27th update, next week's maintenance will be 24 hours earlier than usual.

Reiketsu
Mar 15, 2013, 12:37 PM
So, the bath towels shown in the trailer are 2 different types of bath towels, the normal bath towel and the wet bath towel. :wacko:
http://bumped.org/psublog/goodies-and-more-at-the-phantasy-star-series-sympathy-concert/

Also, unrelated to the March 27th update, next week's maintenance will be 24 hours earlier than usual.

lol... Wet bath towels, huh...? I thought they looked kinda transparent in they trailer... guess it wasn't just my eyes playing tricks on me then.

NoiseHERO
Mar 15, 2013, 12:45 PM
lol... Wet bath towels, huh...? I thought they looked kinda transparent in they trailer... guess it wasn't just my eyes playing tricks on me then.

I want to see you in a wet towell |_*)

Enforcer MKV
Mar 15, 2013, 12:49 PM

Run, Rei. Run.

Kondibon
Mar 15, 2013, 12:53 PM
wet bath towel.

Wet bath towels

wet towell |_*)
What could possibly be different about them from the normal ba--

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q59/goldenchiklet/Forumite/Nosebleed.gif

Zyrusticae
Mar 15, 2013, 12:55 PM
Dat wet bath towel...

https://58fi4a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pMtuR4LA5iRxTPCTihRtnqcYl6I20FaNym2YmfDVs4DgW_tP i9vhzf7UsAIJSjAby-nUbVqpqpcU/no6kU2000ms.gif?psid=1

The Walrus
Mar 15, 2013, 12:56 PM
inb4they're10milminimum

Enforcer MKV
Mar 15, 2013, 12:56 PM
What could possibly be different about them from the normal ba--

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q59/goldenchiklet/Forumite/Nosebleed.gif

Well, that was bound to happen.

Dat wet bath towel...

https://58fi4a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pMtuR4LA5iRxTPCTihRtnqcYl6I20FaNym2YmfDVs4DgW_tP i9vhzf7UsAIJSjAby-nUbVqpqpcU/no6kU2000ms.gif?psid=1

....>.>;;;

*scoots away.*

Kondibon
Mar 15, 2013, 12:58 PM
inb4they're10milminimum
inorite? I'm not even gonna bother and just gonna focus on the hair then get nothing else from this update because nothing else catches my fancy.

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 15, 2013, 12:59 PM
I don't want to see anyone running around with wet bathtowels

Zyrusticae
Mar 15, 2013, 12:59 PM
Lolis running around with wet towels is all you're gonna see for a few days weeks.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 15, 2013, 01:00 PM
Lolis running around with wet towels is all you're gonna see for a few days weeks. Months.

Fixed.

Kondibon
Mar 15, 2013, 01:03 PM
Lolis running around with wet towels This... this ruined it for me. You're right... It's gonna be all the lolis isn't it...? Do not want.

Zyrusticae
Mar 15, 2013, 01:05 PM
Eh. Not gonna be much worse than lolis running around in bikinis. (I mean, minus the part where you can see the outline of the nip-... oh my)

Reiketsu
Mar 15, 2013, 01:06 PM

Only if you and Jaq get bath towels yourselves and take a bath together, and Jaq is gonna clean you passionately starting with your back before you go: "Oh no, onii-sama, not down there! Iyaaa~"

Lolis running around with wet towels is all you're gonna see for a few days weeks the rest of PSO2's lifetime or at least until there's a naked option.

Fixed.

Kondibon
Mar 15, 2013, 01:07 PM
Eh. Not gonna be much worse than lolis running around in bikinis. (I mean, minus the part where you can see the outline of the nip-... oh my)

Well the lolis in bikins ruined that for me too. but now that you mention the nipples. orz This is going to be an awkward time.

Only if you and Jaq get bath towels yourselves and take a bath together, and Jaq is gonna clean you passionately starting with your back before you go: "Oh no, onii-sama, not down there! Iyaaa~"

Now we're talkin'!

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 15, 2013, 01:08 PM
Sis
We bathtowel pic

Reiketsu
Mar 15, 2013, 01:09 PM
Sis
We bathtowel pic

'Kay!

Z-0
Mar 15, 2013, 01:41 PM
they're gonna be expensive at first

then everyone will get bored of hot springs and bathtowels and they'll go down like everything else ever

especially since there's a scratch a mere 2 weeks after the bathtowels, so people will get hyped for that and not care anymore.

NoiseHERO
Mar 15, 2013, 01:53 PM

ONLY if you join in!

Kondibon
Mar 15, 2013, 02:03 PM

then everyone will get bored of hot springs and bathtowels and they'll go down like everything else ever

especially since there's a scratch a mere 2 weeks after the bathtowels, so people will get hyped for that and not care anymore.That didn't happen with the Wedding Dresses. Bikinis, youkata wear etc. I'm sure their initial prices are gonna be a lot higher because of the higher demand when they're new, but I don't imagine them dropping below 3m if even that.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 15, 2013, 02:04 PM

ONLY if you join in!

...*Facepalm*

So any idea if they're actually going to be releasing skins for ALL weapon types on the 27th?

Kondibon
Mar 15, 2013, 02:06 PM
...*Facepalm*

So any idea if they're actually going to be releasing skins for ALL weapon types on the 27th?

From what I gather, no. So I have no interest until they do. I was honestly expecting something liek the item transmutation in GW2 or other games I've played... I have no problem with certain skins being unique to the scratches but let me put Fusion (the T. mechguns) on whatever I want. 3: I love those pink bullets.

Z-0
Mar 15, 2013, 02:07 PM
That didn't happen with the Wedding Dresses. Bikinis, youkata wear etc. I'm sure their initial prices are gonna be a lot higher because of the higher demand when they're new, but I don't imagine them dropping below 3m if even that.
Limited supply. Also, at the time those costumes were around, things were going up due to inflation; people were raking in lots and lots of meseta into the game (moreso than now) because MPA'ing gave a truck ton of meseta.

Also, ALL of those costumes have dropped recently.

EDIT: yes they are releasing skins for all the weapon types. They are releasing 13 skins, which is one for each weapon type.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 15, 2013, 02:07 PM
From what I gather, no. So I have no interest until they do. I was honestly expecting something liek the item transmutation in GW2 or other games I've played... I have no problem with certain skins being unique to the scratches but let me put Fusion (the T. mechguns) on whatever I want. 3: I love those pink bullets.

Seriously - gimme my damn worthwhile Full Cylinder, Sega!

Kondibon
Mar 15, 2013, 02:13 PM
Limited supply.

Also, ALL of those costumes have dropped recently.There's always going to be a limited supply when the scratch ends, but some of the others (the pink nurse outfit comes to mind) are relatively cheaper than other things from the same scratch. I'm not saying the prices won't go down over time (especially if they release recolors later) but it's not like they're gonna just suddenly drop to an affordable price for me out of nowhere. I guess it really just depends on what one thinks is expensive.

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 15, 2013, 02:31 PM

How much is expensive

Z-0
Mar 15, 2013, 02:39 PM
hmmm,

well lilipan suits were like 10mil at first 'coz they were super hyped, then went down to about 7-8mil on the first day.

so let's go with that.

Coatl
Mar 15, 2013, 02:47 PM
now they are 3mil
wwwww

Xaeris
Mar 15, 2013, 02:51 PM
I'm not expecting anything super high for the towels. They're not being released on a particularly stacked scratch ticket. Unless they gum it up with a bunch of revivals, there should be enough supply to keep the price to the standard ~3m on release.

Kondibon
Mar 15, 2013, 02:51 PM
now they are 3mil
wwwww

3m seems to be the average price for stuff like that now, which is why I said that's probably gonna be the price the towels end up at.

~Aya~
Mar 15, 2013, 02:55 PM
I will pay any price for it all. Huehuehuehue

Reiketsu
Mar 15, 2013, 04:14 PM

ONLY if you join in!

I'll only join to record everything so I can make a movie out of it later.

Also, I dunno about prices... for the current scratch everything was fricking cheap compared to before, even on the first day. Like, even the colors no one normally wants were only around 200k whereas they had been 400k the scratch before that.

Besides, can't you trade in a lillipa suit for a recolor ticket, like rappy suits? That might explain the high prices.
Bikinis and Weddings Dresses are currently dropping in price, probably because people realize they will be added again soon. So just like me a lot of 'em are trying to quickly sell them as long as they're still worth a lot, which results in prices dropping, 'cause more of them appear on the market suddenly.
(Pink Wedding Dress was 8 Million 2 weeks ago, now it's down to 5 million.)
That stuff's only so expensive, because it's been out of rotation for months, anyways.

BIG OLAF
Mar 15, 2013, 04:16 PM
Everyone thought bikinis were going to sell for like 100000000000000000000000000 the first day they came out too, but that wasn't the case.

However, the 'wet' bathtowel will most likely be 2x-3x as much as the 'normal' towel.

the 'wet' towel better show muscle outline or so help me god

Enforcer MKV
Mar 15, 2013, 04:27 PM

Nassandra smash? :lol:

UnLucky
Mar 15, 2013, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure why people are complaining about the ->7 ticket. If you don't want to use it because +7 is easy already or it's not worth the recycled items, then don't.

If SEGA uses the new ticket to say "we made upgrading easier!", then so be it—they would find another BS excuse in regards to upgrading if they didn't introduce the ticket anyway.

God, I hope that's not the only thing they change. The complaint was about losing grinds (levels) repeatedly trying to +10 not "I hate trying to get to +7 the first time" Fucking Sega. I bet it doesn't even work on 10*s or stuff that dropped down to +4 from 7.

Why can't I just trade 99 grinders for one +20% grind chance ticket? Or 999 for a guaranteed grind. Or just +1% success chance per grinder you hand over the counter to Dudu every time. Why do they insist on this 1 or 10000 attempts system over recordable progress?

Jakosifer
Mar 15, 2013, 04:46 PM

Wait, why am I involved in this jazz?

Seraphus
Mar 15, 2013, 05:00 PM
From what I understand - it's not a possibility, its how it is. we won't be able to use previous weapons as skins, it appears. (I really really REALLY hope I'm wrong about that.)

And the point of camouflage is to hide/disguise objects, so it's an applicable word in this case.

Well they still don't show you how you obtain weapon skins, so there is the possibility that there is some AC/Recycle/Excube item that allows you to make an existing weapon into camou.

And as I've said, camouflage does indeed hide/disguise objects, but in a certain way (such as mimicry). You wouldn't consider dressing up as a completely new and unique creature in real life camouflage would you?

Gardios
Mar 15, 2013, 05:12 PM
Camouflage can be used as a synonym for disguise without any further implications. 武器迷彩 can also be translated as weapon disguise, so whatever.

But who the hell even cares, they just want to make it sound fancy!

Xaeris
Mar 15, 2013, 06:06 PM

You know it won't. Just make your peace with it now, like I have. The nips will show up just fine though. Sega has its priorities straight, I guess.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 15, 2013, 07:42 PM
I will pay any price for it all. Huehuehuehue

And I will pay any price to see it!! O_O

Would go great with Aya's lava baths.

Well they still don't show you how you obtain weapon skins, so there is the possibility that there is some AC/Recycle/Excube item that allows you to make an existing weapon into camou.

And as I've said, camouflage does indeed hide/disguise objects, but in a certain way (such as mimicry). You wouldn't consider dressing up as a completely new and unique creature in real life camouflage would you?

Pretty sure they said they were AC scratch items

Enforcer MKV
Mar 15, 2013, 07:48 PM

Under "Weapon Camo"

They specifically say "AC Scratch" or "promotional items"

Granted, they could be wrong, but hey, this is the most concrete thing we have to go off of.

Anyway, as disappointing as this update will be, bring on the 27th/birthday...

gigawuts
Mar 15, 2013, 07:50 PM

Under "Weapon Camo"

They specifically say "AC Scratch" or "promotional items"

Granted, they could be wrong, but hey, this is the most concrete thing we have to go off of.

Anyway, as disappointing as this update will be, bring on the 27th/birthday...

They show the example camo wand during the AC scratch lineup and even have AC scratch on the screen in katakana.

I hope more than just the wand are coming, because that thing is monstrously hideous and it will suddenly be extremely common because everyone will need to show off how rich they are ;/

Enforcer MKV
Mar 15, 2013, 07:53 PM
They show the example camo wand during the AC scratch lineup and even have AC scratch on the screen in katakana.

I hope more than just the wand are coming, because that thing is monstrously hideous and it will suddenly be extremely common because everyone will need to show off how rich they are ;/

Well, there you have it. That's more than concrete for me.

And yeah...'apparently' we're getting a set of 13 skins; one for each type.

They all have an Aries motif. I'm Aries, but...eh...no, I'm really just wishing such a bad update (to me) wasn't landing on my birthday. :/

gigawuts
Mar 15, 2013, 07:56 PM
The full melee weapons might be mega kickass, but my REAL desire is something that converts other weapons into camo items. That's where they really stand to gain something. I mean, it's pretty clear we're not going to be allowed to just skin a weapon with another weapon outright.

Notice the star at the start of the name? I'm betting that's going to be for all camo, and I'm betting it's there to differentiate between actual weapons and weapons converted into camo items.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 15, 2013, 07:57 PM
The full melee weapons might be mega kickass, but my REAL desire is something that converts other weapons into camo items. That's where they really stand to gain something. I mean, it's pretty clear we're not going to be allowed to just skin a weapon with another weapon outright.

Notice the star at the start of the name? I'm betting that's going to be for all camo, and I'm betting it's there to differentiate between actual weapons and weapons converted into camo items.

Same. I just really REALLY want my rifles to look like Full Cylinders...

Cyron Tanryoku
Mar 15, 2013, 08:00 PM

[SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX]It won't[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

I'm still annoyed with how SEGA decided to work weapon camos

Seraphus
Mar 15, 2013, 08:04 PM

As people have stated, they've said that for the the Zodiac skins and the promotional guitar case. That doesn't affect the possibility(which still is very small) that you can use existing items. Another blatantly obvious case is that they only show an Elder Pain and a Vardha Cannon in the 10* trading but you can obviously trade other (but not all, which I don't think they've said which were excluded) 10*'s.

I'm not trying to argue what is already confirmed or what will most likely happen. I'm just being hopeful for the possibility of more than what is known.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 15, 2013, 08:08 PM
...No, sorry. I'm not even going to bother giving supporting details. you're just wrong.

Go back a page and read. They're like clothes and the video says they're AC scratch items.

Seraphus
Mar 15, 2013, 08:27 PM
...No, sorry. I'm not even going to bother giving supporting details. you're just wrong.

Go back a page and read. They're like clothes and the video says they're AC scratch items.

Look up a couple lines and read. Never said they weren't, didn't say anyone was wrong, was never arguing anything (except about the term camouflage) just like I said a few lines up.

I will just drop it. I'll just never post my hopes for an idea of a possibility of something happening again (or post at all).

BIG OLAF
Mar 15, 2013, 08:52 PM
Nassandra smash? :lol:

She'll bounce Sakai's goofy face right off her knee. Shouldn't be too hard, since he probably only comes up to her knee to begin with.

[SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX]It won't[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

I'm still annoyed with how SEGA decided to work weapon camos

That was a bit much.

Also, a lot of MMOs do weapon skins this way. An item that you can attach on and off to change the look. I don't mind it.

Blackheart521
Mar 15, 2013, 08:56 PM
Also, a lot of MMOs do weapon skins this way. An item that you can attach on and off to change the look. I don't mind it.

Yeah, but couldn't they just as easily made a slot for weapon camos that any weapon could be put into? Honestly this system is really an example of lost potential in a really cool feature. We could actually see diversity in weapons on players if this was done correctly but instead it's just a small percentage of what could've been.

Poubelle
Mar 15, 2013, 08:58 PM
So is 10* trading coming on Mar. 27? or at a later date

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 15, 2013, 08:58 PM
It's not trading

Poubelle
Mar 15, 2013, 08:59 PM
So is 10* selling coming on Mar. 27? or at a later date

don't give me a hard time

Blackheart521
Mar 15, 2013, 09:00 PM
Yeah, it's coming on the 27th

Enforcer MKV
Mar 15, 2013, 09:03 PM
She'll bounce Sakai's goofy face right off her knee. Shouldn't be too hard, since he probably only comes up to her knee to begin with.

Probably isn't much muscle mass, either, judging from what he looks like in the videos. Not trying to badmouth; I doubt most real life guys could take her.

I think Cyron was referring more to the fact that we seemingly only have specific designs to choose from, instead of all of the previous weapons. I know a lot of people like uniqueness, and are fine without the system, but a lot of us would like to customize our weapons to match the characters. It really is a shame that there are some nice designs, but a lot of them just end up forgotten once the new tier comes out. Giving peeps the option to convert older weapons into skins would at least make some rares more coveted, and give people a reason to look for something other than the best weapons stat-wise.

I've said this over and over, but I'd really like my Lambda Strauss to look like a Full Cylinder, for example.

Gardios
Mar 15, 2013, 09:04 PM
Not to mention that joke weapons (Bouquet Rifle, Mic Stand) are pretty much useless until they allow regular weapons to be used as camouflage.

Yeah, but couldn't they just as easily made a slot for weapon camos that any weapon could be put into? Honestly this system is really an example of lost potential in a really cool feature. We could actually see diversity in weapons on players if this was done correctly but instead it's just a small percentage of what could've been.
They probably could (that's almost as it is right now after all!), but if they made it that easy there wouldn't be a way for them to get money off of it. If we are able to use existing weapons later on, you would probably need to use an item on it first (purchased with AC?) to transform it into a skin while losing the actual weapon in the process... but that's an if.

I hope they don't pull the same crap on us with units, which only seems to be a matter of time until it happens.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 15, 2013, 09:07 PM
They probably could (that's almost as it is right now after all!), but if they made it that easy there wasn't a way for them to get money off of it. If we are able to use existing weapons later on, you would probably need to use an item on it first (purchased with AC?) to transform it into a skin while losing the actual weapon in the process... but that's an if.

I hope they don't pull the same crap on us with units, which only seems to be a matter of time until it happens.

Honestly this is STILL lost potential on Sega's part. If they provided items that converted weapons to skins, that'd probably get more money than just a predetermined skin. :/

That's just how I see it, though.

Blackheart521
Mar 15, 2013, 09:11 PM
Honestly this is STILL lost potential on Sega's part. If they provided items that converted weapons to skins, that'd probably get more money than just a predetermined skin. :/

Exactly, I'd gladly throw down a few bucks to let me have Bloody Art /Nacht as my Twin Daggers Skin ^^;

Gardios
Mar 15, 2013, 09:18 PM

Oh I don't disagree—I'm baffled myself how you can implement a common feature like that so terribly wrong.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 15, 2013, 09:25 PM
Hell, thinking about it - if Sega really isn't introducing some kind of conversion item? They REALLY messed up.

Think about it - Sega introduces both predetermined skins AND conversion items. We've already established that the skins are AC, so for the sake of argument, we'll assume conversion items would also be AC. We have more items in the scratch; that means less chance of getting what you want, so more rolls of the scratch. That means more money for Sega. They win. People who like the predetermined skins get something they like. They win. Peeps who want to use older weapons? they have an item that allows the weapon to be masked/camouflaged/whatever-you-want-to-call-it as something different, something vintage. They win. Sega doesn't even need to make the converters exceptionally rare - if you want to change each weapon, you need multiple converters, plus the weapons in question, so someone somewhere is playing looking for these weapons.

...I dunno, if there are no conversion items, I'm not sure if Sega is looking at this from the right angle...

EDIT:
Oh I don't disagree—I'm baffled myself how you can implement a common feature like that so terribly wrong.

LOL, Oh. As I was, then. :p

Esofor
Mar 15, 2013, 09:41 PM
those bath towels are lewd

Xaeris
Mar 15, 2013, 09:51 PM
Can't be helped. You're in the shower when Falz attacks, what are you going to do? Stop to put pants on? Time is of the essence, man.

~Aya~
Mar 15, 2013, 10:01 PM
Can't be helped. You're in the shower when Falz attacks, what are you going to do? Stop to put pants on? Time is of the essence, man.

Story of my life.

I get txt msgs from friends when im either in the shower or not home. Most of those txt msgs then contain a picture of my friends fighting dark arms or falz himself. Ihatechu all for that btw.

"Guess what?" 《《Falz pics》》
FML.

Blackheart521
Mar 15, 2013, 10:04 PM

I always do my EQs in the buff ^^