PDA

View Full Version : Cause and effect

Caledonia
Mar 15, 2013, 09:10 PM
A couple of things I've noticed, and haven't been able to find answers to, that I'm hoping the community can tell me if it's a case of "correlation does not imply causation" or if I'm actually right;

1) There are many more weather effects in AQs than anywhere else -I've had at least one for each run I've done.

2) The Techer's skill Territory Burst also increases the range/radius of the photon blast charge circle -it was very late (early) when I noticed this, and I'm honestly not sure how long I held the button down to gauge whether it then had an effect on the PP regeneration circle my Cetus started...

Has anyone else noticed these, or have any other cause/effect relationships they want investigated?

Runia
Mar 16, 2013, 01:56 AM
I think weather effect shifts are tied to PSE leveling. It often takes forever to find aurora, rainbow light etc if you're soloing, but is much easier with a MP or even simply taking a single party with you. (also as far as I can tell, if you idle alone on a map the weather won't change at all.) Since in AQ you're probably getting a lot of PSE, that might be why a lot of weather happens.

Rien
Mar 16, 2013, 02:16 AM
but the rainbow light makes pse gaining faster

Syklo
Mar 16, 2013, 03:53 AM
but the rainbow light makes pse gaining faster
In the city map, yes.
It even says so in system tips.

And on the user manual on the player website, it says that weather effects can affect PSE rates in general.

gigawuts
Mar 16, 2013, 04:17 AM
A comboed photon blast results in a larger fish circle, but TB may have an effect on it as well. I've never actually checked, I should do that.

If it doesn't, it should, because that'd be pretty nice.

Caledonia
Mar 17, 2013, 10:24 AM
Experiment I did yesterday, using NPC Light (same photon blast)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.us/a/img856/442/pso20130316165725028.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
the circles match up exactly, so I was wrong about Territory Burst expanding those, but;

[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.us/a/img404/8942/pso20130316165739029.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]
It's difficult to tell, but my fishy circle is bigger. This was a PB chained, and held down for the longest time, with me under the effect of Territory Burst

-what I don't know is if TB was the only effect at play here. Are Partner PB's as effective as player ones? Moreover, would TB have an effect if I didn't hold it down/how much of the radius of the circle comes from time charging the blast as opposed to territory burst?

Runia
Mar 17, 2013, 11:47 AM
Spending more time 'charging' the blast (actually just waiting) doesn't benefit you in any way, as far as I can tell..

Kondibon
Mar 17, 2013, 11:50 AM
Spending more time 'charging' the blast (actually just waiting) doesn't benefit you in any way, as far as I can tell..
Well you're invincible the whole time, but as far as I know it doesn't effect ones PB directly at all. It just gives people a chance to chain with you.