PDA

View Full Version : no more solo play

Enagiza
Mar 15, 2013, 11:36 PM
I've made it too level 8 but i'm always solo i need some friends to play with if i do join someone they are japanese and of course i can't talk to them. ^^;

Blackheart521
Mar 15, 2013, 11:38 PM
I've made it too level 8 but i'm always solo i need some friends to play with if i do join someone they are japanese and of course i can't talk to them. ^^;

Which ship are you on? If you're not on Ship 2 I'd recommend deleting your character and remaking it on Ship 2 since you still are just starting, it'll be better off in the long run, that is where most of the English Community is.

Syklo
Mar 16, 2013, 12:00 AM
Don't worreh about it.

I've solo'd nearly all of my play time.

Still, you should be on ship 2 since most of the english community is there, as mentioned.

Ship 8's an alternative if you wish to take it, cuz i'm there!
(And about ~7 others)

luca_maygrinn
Mar 16, 2013, 12:09 AM
..or ship 07, there's also a bunch of us there

Enagiza
Mar 19, 2013, 12:08 AM
i'm on ship 8 guys, I wish I had known about Ship 2. I guess I'll change my class then... wait don't you have to pay AR or something to make a new character? I wouldn't mind switching to a new ship otherwise.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 19, 2013, 12:12 AM
AC for a new character, but you can get to lvl 20 in 1-2 days.

You'll be lvl 10 before you finish the forest. that's 3 missions.

UnLucky
Mar 19, 2013, 12:13 AM
you can delete your character entirely and remake a new one for free (you can't delete a secondary character you paid for and then make a new second character, it's a one time deal)

or make a new Sega ID and a new character along with it, if you ever wanted to revisit your old character on the old account

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 19, 2013, 12:14 AM
Right, that's what I meant.

Shadowth117
Mar 19, 2013, 12:21 AM
Honestly, I'd say anything under 30-40 is okay for a "re-roll" as they're calling it. Past that is when it gets to be the most time consuming in my opinion. If you don't like where you are it can be very worthwhile.

Edit: FYI, you get an EXP bonus just from being in a group with other players so you'll level up faster no matter what that way.

Enagiza
Mar 19, 2013, 12:21 AM
Ok I will log on now and see if i can delete my character and make a new one, you guys are on ship 2 right? If so I'll have to find you guys so I can add you or You can add me. You can also add me here so I can talk to you guys here. I do have a ? though is there some way to talk to the people in your party like on PSU? I played on the xbox 360 server. i don't even know how to dance and stuff on PSO2 I just know you can do it i've seen it.
sorry for all the ?'s guys but also are there going to be more classes other then the basic 3 hunter, ranger, and force? I miss the other classes I wish I could be a fortetecher or fighgunner i hope we get more classes.

Shadowth117
Mar 19, 2013, 12:27 AM
Ok I will log on now and see if i can delete my character and make a new one, you guys are on ship 2 right? If so I'll have to find you guys so I can add you or You can add me. You can also add me here so I can talk to you guys here. I do have a ? though is there some way to talk to the people in your party like on PSU? I played on the xbox 360 server. i don't even know how to dance and stuff on PSO2 I just know you can do it i've seen it.
sorry for all the ?'s guys but also are there going to be more classes other then the basic 3 hunter, ranger, and force? I miss the other classes I wish I could be a fortetecher or fighgunner i hope we get more classes.

You may want to check out bumped.org/psublog since it has a lot of guides for new players that will go over basic stuff. There's also an english patch available if you're interested and weren't already aware.

But yeah a lot of us are on ship 2. As far as classes go, there are 3 more unlockable classes once you level up to level 30 I believe, these being fighter, techer, and gunner. You'll also gain the ability to subclass before this point more than likely which will give you a lot more choices when it comes to customizing your class. There's not nearly as many classes as PSU yet, which is to be expected given that PSO2 has been out far less time, but even now there's more variety as far as customization goes with this in my opinion because of subclassing.

Edit: Also, maintennance is going on right now, but you should be able to go back online in about 2 and a half hours at the latest.

Poubelle
Mar 19, 2013, 12:27 AM
There's 3 more unlockable classes. Fighter, Gunner, Techer.

You dance with /la dance1 and /la dance2.

If you want people to add you, you should probably include your ID.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 19, 2013, 12:28 AM
The build thread in the guides section answers all your class questions.

Servers are down now so you can't edit/delete/create your character.

There is no voice chat in game but if you just want to type text to your party alone, you can set your kb so that different keys put you into different chat channels. I have "P" for party chat and "T" for teamspeak.

Nandemon
Mar 19, 2013, 12:31 AM
I'll try to post my ID once servers go back up but i'll be leveling subclasses if you'd like to add me to your friends and do some runs sometime ^^

Enagiza
Mar 19, 2013, 12:35 AM
someone told me you could get banned for using the english patch so i didn't get it. so i pretty much just can't read anything and I have no clue of what weapons i'm buying or anything I just run around pretty much and try to figure out what's going on. I know what a monomate dimate and trimate looks like so i was good there but i couldn't tell what symbol gave me atk def buffs and stuff like that, also do they have scape dolls and moon atomizers i couldn't tell. I did hear you get your MAG at lvl 10 though. does it fight with you when you get it or do you still have to level it up to lvl 80?

The build thread in the guides section answers all your class questions.

Servers are down now so you can't edit/delete/create your character.

There is no voice chat in game but if you just want to type text to your party alone, you can set your kb so that different keys put you into different chat channels. I have "P" for party chat and "T" for teamspeak.

thanks i will definitely look into doing this it'll make everything easier.

I'll try to post my ID once servers go back up but i'll be leveling subclasses if you'd like to add me to your friends and do some runs sometime ^^

I'd definitely want to do some runs especially since i'll be back on lvl 1 xD
also where do i get the english patch would i be able to do that now so i can be ready to play when the servers come back up?

Soultrigger
Mar 19, 2013, 12:44 AM
From my understanding, people can talk about the English patch (because denying its existence is just silly), but you can't link the English patch here because of legal concerns. It shouldn't be hard at all to Google though.

You won't get banned for using the English patch, as the patch merely changes text client side. You run the risk of being reported for being a foreign player (which is against the ToS), but this is a nonissue if you control how you communicate, particularly public chat.

Enagiza
Mar 19, 2013, 12:59 AM
From my understanding, people can talk about the English patch (because denying its existence is just silly), but you can't link the English patch here because of legal concerns. It shouldn't be hard at all to Google though.

You won't get banned for using the English patch, as the patch merely changes text client side. You run the risk of being reported for being a foreign player (which is against the ToS), but this is a nonissue if you control how you communicate, particularly public chat.

ok, thanks i will definitely go find the english patch and thanks for the information i appreciate it.

Syklo
Mar 19, 2013, 01:24 AM
i'm on ship 8 guys, I wish I had known about Ship 2. I guess I'll change my class then... wait don't you have to pay AR or something to make a new character? I wouldn't mind switching to a new ship otherwise.
aw you're gonna ditch me!?

oh well...

Blackheart521
Mar 19, 2013, 01:29 AM

oh well...

Poor Syklo... Forever Alone... not really

Enagiza
Mar 19, 2013, 01:34 AM

oh well...

not quite i don't have too. i had another account but i accidentally deleted my character and it said i needed AC to make a new one so i pretty much have an account with no character on it. it's just there -__-
WE CAN STILL PLAY!!! In Fact I'll be looking forward to it.

Syklo
Mar 19, 2013, 01:45 AM
Yeah, not really.

not quite i don't have too. i had another account but i accidentally deleted my character and it said i needed AC to make a new one so i pretty much have an account with no character on it. it's just there -__-
WE CAN STILL PLAY!!! In Fact I'll be looking forward to it.

Sweet!
Except I can't play much these days......
also what timezone?

Enagiza
Mar 19, 2013, 01:56 AM
Yeah, not really.

Sweet!
Except I can't play much these days......
also what timezone?

I'm on central time, also i've downloaded the english patch but now my game is stuck at a black screen -__-

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 19, 2013, 02:01 AM
you installed it wrong or got the wrong one >_>

riku2replica
Mar 19, 2013, 02:05 AM

Not really. Syklo still have some english buddies in Ship 8. :D

Enagiza
Mar 19, 2013, 02:06 AM
you installed it wrong or got the wrong one >_>

aww man, now what do i do? should i just delete everything from that folder and put a new patch there?

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 19, 2013, 02:08 AM
do you know how to do a crc check?

Third option from the top in the launcher.

Make sure you're getting the latest version which is from this month and follow the directions.

Shadowth117
Mar 19, 2013, 02:16 AM
aww man, now what do i do? should i just delete everything from that folder and put a new patch there?

Do what Sociable Tyrannosaur said and you can use the link I PMed you to get the latest version of the patch.

Syklo
Mar 19, 2013, 04:34 AM
I'm on central time, also i've downloaded the english patch but now my game is stuck at a black screen -__-
So does that mean GMT.....+0?

Enagiza
Mar 19, 2013, 12:39 PM
So does that mean GMT.....+0?

oh that's what you meant, well i believe it's GMT -6 here

Leanbell
Mar 19, 2013, 03:35 PM
I'm also (kinda) new to the english community in PSO2. Are you going for ship 2, or 8? O:

(I'm in ship 2 and have been soloing like forever ;-;)

Enagiza
Mar 19, 2013, 08:23 PM
I'm also (kinda) new to the english community in PSO2. Are you going for ship 2, or 8? O:

(I'm in ship 2 and have been soloing like forever ;-;)

I'm on ship 2 now and i just started, my character's name is "Enagiza" i'm looking forward to playing with you solo is no fun lol.