PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Data Disappearance

max7238
Mar 16, 2013, 04:58 PM
I was on Skype helping a friend install and begin playing PSO2. He got the game to start, but then decided he wanted me to help him increase the graphics settings. I told him to start with the settings in the launcher. So he exited the game, went to click the launcher and there was a visible puff of smoke on the icon as it disappeared. He checked every default location, and several possible ones, and it was no where to be found. Many game files disappeared as well. Not in his recycle bin, which he uses. The guy knows more about computers than I do, and he's in college for comp security as well, and neither of us can figure out why this happened.

tl;dr: launcher disappeared, many games files did as well. Has this been reported before?

UnLucky
Mar 16, 2013, 05:06 PM
Did he click on "アンインストール" which is a shortcut to "unins000.exe" or did he click on "PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2" which is a shortcut to "pso2launcher.exe" ?

The one on your desktop is always the correct one, so I would advise deleting the uninstaller shortcut from your Start menu.

max7238
Mar 16, 2013, 05:23 PM
Did he click on "アンインストール" which is a shortcut to "unins000.exe" or did he click on "PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2" which is a shortcut to "pso2launcher.exe" ?

The one on your desktop is always the correct one, so I would advise deleting the uninstaller shortcut from your Start menu.

It's possible. Thanks.