PDA

View Full Version : NEW! Part 2, Dragon Altar

Bunansa
Mar 17, 2013, 09:50 AM
NEW! Part 2, Dragon Altar. LOOKS DOPE AF'. Loving the BGM for this too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSIoLiT9Gxw&feature=youtu.be

Kondibon
Mar 17, 2013, 10:05 AM
This looks like it'll be another area I like~

BIG OLAF
Mar 17, 2013, 10:06 AM
The perfect map for me, honestly. Love that 'ancient temple' feeling.

Only thing that could make it better is if it was on water, a la the PSO VR Temple.

daniel98
Mar 17, 2013, 10:07 AM
To me it looks very reminiscent of Floating Continent and the enemies look like reskinned versions of monsters we already have

I'm actually extremely underwhelmed for this

Titan
Mar 17, 2013, 10:08 AM
No one cares about original content, we want Miku costumes! :sheep:

Kondibon
Mar 17, 2013, 10:09 AM
To me it looks very reminiscent of Floating Continent and the enemies look like reskinned versions of monsters we already have

I'm actually extremely underwhelmed for this
Honestly the enemies look much more different than gulfers and the things in skylands. I mean it's obvious they aren't just resins based on everything we've seen about them.

gigawuts
Mar 17, 2013, 10:11 AM
I really would have preferred this be surrounded by the lake or green areas we see in FC free field a3.

But eh.

daniel98
Mar 17, 2013, 10:12 AM
Honestly the enemies look much more different than gulfers and the things in skylands. I mean it's obvious they aren't just resins based on everything we've seen about them.

Yeah I know.

It's like "x monster" with wings attached, or "x monster" with an extra head.

I guess I just wish we were getting TOTALLY new stuff, instead of "kinda new" stuff.

Caledonia
Mar 17, 2013, 10:12 AM
And naturally it'd be reminiscent of the Floating Continents -It's the same planet/same culture that built it...

It'd be a glaring fault if they didn't match somehow. Even the caves have those blue blocks spread throughout.

Kondibon
Mar 17, 2013, 10:13 AM
Yeah I know.

It's like "x monster" with wings attached, or "x monster" with an extra head.

I guess I just wish we were getting TOTALLY new stuff, instead of "kinda new" stuff.

You're only looking at their appearance. They seem to have different move sets and AIs as well. Besides. A game doesn't need completely 100% new enemies in every single level. That'd just be silly.

Bellion
Mar 17, 2013, 10:27 AM
Winged Diggs? My Sadigg Pillar or whatever it's going to be called had better come with wings too.

Rien
Mar 17, 2013, 10:34 AM
Dinian Cavalry. It happened.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 17, 2013, 10:35 AM
Dinian Cavalry. It happened.

I saw that and stopped the video.

"...Okay, that's actually pretty sweet."

Kondibon
Mar 17, 2013, 10:39 AM
It's like bear cavalry but with dragons. That's like... 10... no 20 times more deadly. O:

Laxedrane
Mar 17, 2013, 11:19 AM
Pretty nice to get to see a close up look at the area. There's at least pools of water guys! I thought that dragonkin riding a Foronsa(sp) was pretty awesome.: o

Reiketsu
Mar 17, 2013, 12:01 PM
Give this area a remixed version of the Alpha Ruins theme and I'll be satisfied.

supersonix9
Mar 17, 2013, 12:28 PM
the music the music the music the music

Massamix3.0
Mar 17, 2013, 12:46 PM
the music the music the music the music

Want this a BGM for my room.

I think the lighting is perfect. It really gives it a unique ambiance. Where as the other FC maps feel like your floating in the open sky (which you are), this one seems more serene and ethereal.

~Aya~
Mar 17, 2013, 12:56 PM
Good job sega.. keep this kind of work up and i'll give you my life savings.

gigawuts
Mar 17, 2013, 01:00 PM
I'm really the only person who finds music for most fields incomprehensibly bland, aren't I?

The Walrus
Mar 17, 2013, 01:07 PM
You're not alone. Outside of checking out new lobby music, holiday eq's and falz I always have the music muted and just listen to something through itunes :/

~Aya~
Mar 17, 2013, 01:08 PM
I'm really the only person who finds music for most fields incomprehensibly bland, aren't I?

Nope.. I can't listen to it and not fall asleep. Must have my own music.. *turns Bob Marley up for Marley appreciated week*

Reiketsu
Mar 17, 2013, 01:19 PM
Ruins and Forest have the only good field music (and Forest only 'cause it's kinda a remixed version of PSO1), everything else is so forgettable and boring.
However, at least the boss themes are ungodly awesome with a few exceptions (Zesh).

supersonix9
Mar 17, 2013, 01:50 PM
Tundra is really the only field track that I could listen to for a while.

However, at least the boss themes are ungodly awesome with a few exceptions (Zesh).
Idk, Vol's is boring, and Quartz's is uber repetitive. Banther is still probably my favorite. Zesh's is nice too.

Zyrusticae
Mar 17, 2013, 01:51 PM
Man what? I love the field music, with the only exceptions of Caves (I hated PSO's music for this as well and they hew way too close to that) and Desert (but even that has its moments). Ruins in particular actually surprised me as I expected something closer to PSO's ruins but what we actually got was very different... but still pretty damn good.

And yeah, all the boss themes are great (except for Zesh, for some reason, which is just competent).

If that was the boss theme for the new dragon at the end, oh boy... I'm gonna be listening to that one for awhile!

Ezodagrom
Mar 17, 2013, 01:54 PM
Man what? I love the field music, with the only exceptions of Caves (I hated PSO's music for this as well and they hew way too close to that) and Desert (but even that has its moments). Ruins in particular actually surprised me as I expected something closer to PSO's ruins but what we actually got was very different... but still pretty damn good.

And yeah, all the boss themes are great (except for Zesh, for some reason, which is just competent).

If that was the boss theme for the new dragon at the end, oh boy... I'm gonna be listening to that one for awhile!
Same opinion here, I like most of the music too. Well, everybody has different tastes, some can't stand the music in the game, others like, and others are just indifferent to it. ^^;

LonelyGaruga
Mar 17, 2013, 01:55 PM
So...enemies in the trailer as follows:

Baridan
Some strange dragon resembling a salamander mixed with a frog (that's the impression I'm getting) with a crystal on its tail (definitely doesn't resemble anything that was in the game prior)
Set Sadinian (maybe other Sadinian species)
A Fordoran subspecies with cannons instead of spikes (wonder if it'll keep the barrier)
Flying Digg subspecies (I hope they're much more competent than regular Digg)
Either a miniboss or a boss (I really hope this is a miniboss, it looks too simple to be a boss from what's been displayed so far, but I can see it working as a boss).

I guess the reskin comment does have some merit, only those frog/gecko/salamander things are really new (well, that and the boss), but the cannon-Fordoran looks cool, especially since it doubles as a mount for other enemies (guessing all Sadinian species can ride one). The area does resemble FC to a degree, but I think it manages to differentiate itself quite nicely (if I had to compare using areas already in the game, I suppose Desert vs Subterranean Tunnels would be the closest resemblance, as they both feature lots of machinery throughout the areas and share many enemies, though Tunnels has more variety in Mechs, just as this new area has somewhat similar architecture to FC, some of the same enemies, but also some new ones).

Would have liked to have seen more of that fat dragon showcased in a previous trailer, but oh well.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 17, 2013, 01:56 PM
I dunno, I generally like this music more than the music I heard in BB...Still, a lot of themes...eh, I dunno, I find myself listening to a lot of Kirby 64 tunes while I play. :lol:

darthvader
Mar 17, 2013, 02:13 PM
so i heard that this new field mobs weakness are darkness and ice from my friend, if that's true then force will have quite problem here >_>

currently maining force and i don't really like the slow travel charged-megid and samegid, the faster one but pp costy + wont hit land mobs with 100% rate.

as for Ice.... forget it. i don't even know what ice spells to use since zonde with lvl 5 lightning mastery + lv 10 technic just attack outdamage every ice spells with maxed elemental weak hit (sabarta out damage zonde but it needs super long charge time + it never hit my desired lock target)

Sizustar
Mar 17, 2013, 02:19 PM
so i heard that this new field mobs weakness are darkness and ice from my friend, if that's true then force will have quite problem here >_>

currently maining force and i don't really like the slow travel charged-megid and samegid, the faster one but pp costy + wont hit land mobs with 100% rate.

as for Ice.... forget it. i don't even know what ice spells to use since zonde with lvl 5 lightning mastery + lv 10 technic just attack outdamage every ice spells with maxed elemental weak hit (sabarta out damage zonde but it needs super long charge time + it never hit my desired lock target)

No information yet, all speculation so far.
For all we know, they can be weak to wind.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 17, 2013, 02:24 PM
My Forest jam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3FZe5aWUAQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I don't even like snoop, but I...I...

I'm semi-speechless. :heartcookie:

Kondibon
Mar 17, 2013, 02:24 PM

You underestimate megid, but ice techs feel more for control than damage so I don't blame youthere. You do realize the elemental weaknesses aren't that big of a deal though right? For the longest time I used almost exclusively grantz techs and did just fine.

darthvader
Mar 17, 2013, 02:30 PM
No information yet, all speculation so far.
For all we know, they can be weak to wind.
Then i will be happy since i love zan :D

You underestimate megid, but ice techs feel more for control than damage so I don't blame youthere. You do realize the elemental weaknesses aren't that big of a deal though right? For the longest time I used almost exclusively grantz techs and did just fine.
No, i never underestimate megid. i know it is a strong tech that can blast many mobs but if i don't go infront it would never hit any in mpa since the travel time is so slow and other classes will get it first (yes, i like to abuse how force is better than other classes at mpa :D)

Kondibon
Mar 17, 2013, 02:33 PM
No, i never underestimate megid. i know it is a strong tech that can blast many mobs but if i don't go infront it would never hit any in mpa since the travel time is so slow and other classes will get it first (yes, i like to abuse how force is better than other classes at mpa :D)
If you're talking MPAs then why would you be sticking to whatever element the enemies are weak too anyway, the only good techs for that are zonedeel and gigrantz. :I

gigawuts
Mar 17, 2013, 02:52 PM
Wasn't there a stream of gameplay in that area? I saw a screen of people waiting by the teleporter in a3.

If someone can find that stream, we'll know the weaknesses.

Oh, and, forces are no more shafted in this area than they already are in caves and FC (which is to say, they aren't).

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 17, 2013, 03:57 PM

yup you sure are

Syklo
Mar 18, 2013, 12:28 AM
that music!!!!!!!!

Still, I want an aquatic field, or at least a zone with multiple levels in one area - Land based and underwater.
yes, underwater; I want underwater fields!!

Anyway.......that music! I WANT IT!

Coatl
Mar 18, 2013, 12:37 AM

No, they won't lol. People don't use zonde and foie because enemies are mostly weak to that. They use it because those are actually good techs with good skill trees to support them unlike the Barta, Megid, Grants, and Zan line.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 18, 2013, 01:43 AM
Looks AWESOME I like the how the DRAGON TEMPLE looks. More enemies weak to dark element? hell YES!

Crystal_Shard
Mar 18, 2013, 04:53 AM
Well, the video gives me vibes from Panzer Dragoon and Skies of Arcardia. Can't wait to jump in and start exploring the place. :3

Rakurai
Mar 18, 2013, 05:08 AM
I noticed that massive sadinian from the first video wasn't present in this one.

Wonder if it's the ARKS quest boss, the free field boss or neither.

Shinamori
Mar 18, 2013, 10:49 AM
Looks very nice, this is all part of the March 27th update?

Ezodagrom
Mar 18, 2013, 10:51 AM
Looks very nice, this is all part of the March 27th update?
No, the new field is for April.

Alenoir
Mar 18, 2013, 10:52 AM
Wasn't there a stream of gameplay in that area? I saw a screen of people waiting by the teleporter in a3.

If someone can find that stream, we'll know the weaknesses.

That particular stream was for the Chrome Dragon EM arena.